Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: SWEDISH FISH  (Read 29996 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:SWEDISH FISH
« Reply #120 on: December 05, 2006, 05:22:40 PM »

If our birds develop their left wings too much they will fly in circles.  

Well, then...they'll have caught up to all the birds who overdeveloped their right wings, now won't they!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #121 on: December 05, 2006, 05:30:16 PM »

In poor taste, perhaps; funny, I think so.

University of Texas students set up an "ACLU Solstice Barn" on campus

In tongue-in-cheek deference to the American Civil Liberties Union, students at the University of Texas displayed an "ACLU Solstice Barn" on campus, featuring politically correct figures.

"We've got Gary and Joseph instead of Mary and Joseph in order to symbolize ACLU support for homosexual marriage, and of course there isn't a Jesus in the manger," said Tony McDonald, chairman of the Young Conservatives of Texas branch on the Austin campus.

der Brucer

We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #122 on: December 05, 2006, 05:31:33 PM »

Nothing like a cat in a plastic cape.

SUPERCAT!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #123 on: December 05, 2006, 05:33:07 PM »

The ACLU is putting a shout-out to their Santa Fe folks for our screenings this weekend.

I have officially finished work for the week and now begin my (working) vacation.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #124 on: December 05, 2006, 05:34:00 PM »

Thanks to all who watched The Librarian II and The Closer. They had great numbers...The Closer's were especially excellent!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #125 on: December 05, 2006, 05:37:09 PM »

Aww, poor Ociee. Our Pouncival got caught in a plastic bag once, but only ran around the dining room causing havoc, and it only lasted a couple of minutes.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #126 on: December 05, 2006, 05:38:39 PM »

Argh. It took an hour for everyone to calm down and all the cats to unpuff.

Celebration:

der Brucer

Edisaurus

« Reply #127 on: December 05, 2006, 05:40:01 PM »

Der Brucer, yes that is Mat Kearny singing "Nothing Left To Lose".

DERBRUCER

« Reply #128 on: December 05, 2006, 05:42:19 PM »

Thanks to all who watched The Librarian II and The Closer. They had great numbers...The Closer's were especially excellent!

The Librarian II was certainly a guilty pleasure. It was so nice to perch on my chair like a school boy watching a good old Saturday matinee serial - didn't have to think hard, just relax and enjoy; a welcome relief from most hyperactive adventures.

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #129 on: December 05, 2006, 05:43:34 PM »

Der Brucer, yes that is Mat Kearny singing "Nothing Left To Lose".

So who picks the music to underscore the combo-trailers?

der Brucer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #130 on: December 05, 2006, 05:46:16 PM »

It's almost quittin' time and I'm just abustin' to git outta here.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #131 on: December 05, 2006, 05:46:26 PM »

I'm abustin', I tells ya!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #132 on: December 05, 2006, 05:47:32 PM »

I'm abustin', I tells ya!

44D

der Brucer

Edisaurus

« Reply #133 on: December 05, 2006, 05:50:50 PM »

So who picks the music to underscore the combo-trailers?
der Brucer

A combinaiton. If it's instrumental, I usually choose. I chose all the music for the short film I've been cutting for the Turner film festival.
(Peter Gabriel, some Indian music, Galliano and Klaus Nomi!)

"Nothing Left To Lose" was chosen by a producer. Most of the pop songs they bring in with them, because they're younger and hipper than I am!

I'm using that song for a sales piece I'm doing now. Or rather, that I"ll do on my return, because now I'm on VACATION!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #134 on: December 05, 2006, 05:56:00 PM »

"Nothing Left To Lose" was chosen by a producer. Most of the pop songs they bring in with them, because they're younger and hipper than I am!

well, you can tell him at least one non-TIVO viewer actually watched, listened - and enjoyed.

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #135 on: December 05, 2006, 05:59:52 PM »

...The Closer's were especially excellent!

Have there been any comments (observations) about the use of "stand-alone" credit panes for the Closer main opening credits? I actually like the fact that I can actually read the credits without fear I'm missing some action (but I suspect I'm a minority voice).

der Brucer

der Brucer

Ben

« Reply #136 on: December 05, 2006, 06:30:54 PM »

We are back from another day of filling gift bags. It was a productive day. We had some new people show up (Anthony sent out an e-mail to friends who passed on the information). We went to Toys 'R Us on 44th and Broadway and brought over 1000 stuffed animals donated by the store. It was a zoo on Broadway, what with the Christmas season (and Charmin's free toilet facilities a block away) but we got our hand trucks full of boxes back to the Equity offices (after two trips). It was worth it. We don't have as many donations as in previous years but the folks will still get some nice gifts. Everyone gets a sweater, a hat, a scarf, a pair of gloves, a pair of crew socks and a bag of candy with a scratch-off lottery ticket (we have never heard in the 21 years we've been doing the project, if anyone has won anything). We then put in other things which we have acquired over the year. This year we have an assortment of CDs and Colgate Palmolive has donated 3000 units of Speed Stick (both men's and women's). We also have some nice shirts for both men and women and some unisex pajama bottoms. There are approximately 850 childrens bags included in the project (last yeard we made 2900 gift bags). The children will receive the stuffed animals along with some other toys, games and clothing. This portion of the Project is coordinated by the Barry Manilow Harmony Fan Club in New Jersey. Say what you will about Barry (I know many people, not necessarily here, think he's kind of cheesy) but these fans are a beautiful group of people. They work year long for these two weeks, buying toys and clothes to make sure the children (some with HIV/AIDS and others whose parent(s) or primary care giver has HIV/AIDS) have some kind of happy holiday.

The Project began in 1985 as a way to help performers living with AIDS/HIV so we always try to put special things in the Actor's Fund and Aurora (a supportive housing facility with a focus on performers, especially those with disabilities and those living with HIV/AIDS) bags. This year we received some low-end digital cameras so those clients will have a nice surprise on Christmas day. Also, one of the staff members at Actor's Equity has spent this past year knitting scarves. We have 100 hand-knit beautiful scarves which will be split up between Aurora and the Actor's Fund. I hope that employee gets a bonus!

I am tired but happy so I will check in tomorrow morning before I head out to midtown.

To quote the missing Mr. Simbulan,

Laters!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 06:36:44 PM by Ben »

singingnymph

• We have movie sign!
« Reply #137 on: December 05, 2006, 06:46:05 PM »

Aww, looks like I'll be missing Tuba Christmas for The BRAIN.
Well, c'est la vie. http://www.tubachristmas.com/
~Meg B, of Central California~
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,
minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
A little song, a little dance,
a little seltzer down your pants.
http://madmistressmeg.spreadshirt.com

Tomovoz

« Reply #138 on: December 05, 2006, 06:51:09 PM »

Thanks for sharing the spreading of joy Ben.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #139 on: December 05, 2006, 07:00:18 PM »

Ben! sounds like a very merry christmas around you!
PennyO

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #140 on: December 05, 2006, 07:09:34 PM »

Home again, home again...

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #141 on: December 05, 2006, 07:10:08 PM »

No bills in the mail, but  THREE MORE catalogs!

The USPS must have been OVERWHELMED by catalogs this year.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #142 on: December 05, 2006, 07:30:24 PM »

Edi,

I am glad the cats are okay and have unfluffed...

What a time you had!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #143 on: December 05, 2006, 07:33:54 PM »

DR Tomovoz---how kind of you to order our film! I bet that's our first international sale!

I just found out that we're on Netflix now. Yay! I feel so...official!

And you will hear the song several times in "Reds", too. Let me know what you think Maybe your birds can learn the song, too!

I ordered my copy of "The Internationale" two weeks ago and I still haven't gotten it...unless it arrived today (I'm still at work).  I also ordered several other DVDs, so maybe that's what's taking so long.  I'll just have to wait and see. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #144 on: December 05, 2006, 07:47:45 PM »

Topic of the Day:  Little Debbie's Nutty Bars (even though they are "enrobed in fudge," they're mostly peanut butter and crispy wafers) and Zagnut are two of my all-time favorite non-chocolate candies. :D

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #145 on: December 05, 2006, 07:49:34 PM »

I have not had one minute to catch my breath since eight this morning, but all packages save for orders that came in yesterday and today have been shipped.

Yea!!  The anticipation of receiving the Emily/Alice CD is exciting! ;D

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #146 on: December 05, 2006, 07:52:46 PM »

I'm really tired of feeling "sickie-poo."  This post-nasal crap and the overall fatiguishness is quite rude.

I wonder if it was coming on anyway or whether the flu shot may have triggered it.

I've been fighting the same sort of thing for the last few weeks. I get better for a day or two, then relapse. And I don't do flu shots. A friend I'm collaborating with on a special project, who is quite young and hunky, is now sick for the third time. My theory is that the bugs are getting tougher. I'm using an herbal supplement containing lots of onion and garlic, among other things, and it does help. (Let's me have lots of time alone!)

Edisaurus

« Reply #147 on: December 05, 2006, 08:01:09 PM »

Aww, poor Ociee. Our Pouncival got caught in a plastic bag once, but only ran around the dining room causing havoc, and it only lasted a couple of minutes.

What a great name, DR Laura!

George

« Reply #148 on: December 05, 2006, 08:04:21 PM »

Last nights viewing (DR George I think may be a fan) was "The League Of Gentlemen is Behind You" Christmas Pantomime.

I didn't know about this!  I put it in my cart from Amazon.co.uk, but saved it for later.

Edisaurus

« Reply #149 on: December 05, 2006, 08:09:46 PM »

well, you can tell him at least one non-TIVO viewer actually watched, listened - and enjoyed.
der Brucer

Thanks! I'll tell*her*! It's funny because she's head of originals promotion and has been beating us over the head to hype things. (The most dramatic/unforgettable/exciting blahblahblah episode ever.) Then when she wants to do her own spot every once in a while, she makes an HBO-type combo spot like this. No hype! I didn't do this one but I did the "Good Days" one for "The Closer" and other longer pieces that run on TNT and in movie theatres. They promised we would be getting away from copying the networks and hyping everything, but I'll believe it when I see it!

My favorite promo spots are the ones Turner Classic Movies runs. I think they're really brilliant image pieces. Too bad they cut them all in house---I'd love to work on some of those!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up