Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: OLDER THAN SPRINGTIME  (Read 22366 times)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
Re:OLDER THAN SPRINGTIME
« Reply #90 on: December 19, 2006, 11:34:18 AM »

WHEW!!
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #91 on: December 19, 2006, 11:34:37 AM »

I'm feeling several inches skinnier already.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

MBarnum

« Reply #92 on: December 19, 2006, 12:05:48 PM »

If you are like me, (and who isn't?), you are tired of the same old Christmas CDs that you have at home and their is nothing exciting for sale at your local music mart, then check out the Rodzinski reccommended websited http://www.weirdomusic.com/downloads.htm  where you will find dozens of cool old Christmas LPs available for free downloads so that you can make your own Christmas CDs!

For example I am now downloading this album:

« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 12:06:42 PM by MBarnum »

MBarnum

« Reply #93 on: December 19, 2006, 12:07:43 PM »

Up next will be this one,

MBarnum

« Reply #94 on: December 19, 2006, 12:08:58 PM »

...and this one which intrigues me as it is something I would have loved when  I was a kid due to the puppets on the front cover...

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #95 on: December 19, 2006, 12:11:21 PM »

WHEW!!

Hard work, but it neeed to be done!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

MBarnum

« Reply #96 on: December 19, 2006, 12:14:10 PM »

.....so check it out and create some free Christmas CDs for yourself....!!!

MBarnum

« Reply #97 on: December 19, 2006, 12:17:05 PM »

Or if you are sick of Christmas already then you can download something like the soundtrack to DAKTARI or some such thing....

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: December 19, 2006, 12:19:34 PM »

As for the TOD:

I have never embarressed myself.

(Well, there was that Paul Haber incident....but it shall never be mentioned and it will take many, many years before I can ever laugh about it!  :D  )

You certainly didn't say hello to him at The Brain!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

MBarnum

« Reply #99 on: December 19, 2006, 12:20:33 PM »

Yes, well, I doubt he would have cared to speak to me.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: December 19, 2006, 12:38:32 PM »

Yes, well, I doubt he would have cared to speak to me.

Well, the fallout would have been certainly interesting.

This has been a perplexing and rather shitty day.  My father lent my brother Macbeth some time ago a large sum of money to tide the company my brrothers purchased from my father.  My father, in a fit of generosity which has always been a great part of his nature, decided that when the loan was returned, he would divide it three ways and give it to me and my brothers as a gift payable over a couple of years to avoid our paying taxes on it.  I learned about this in May after his surgery.  At the famous July 5 family affair when Macbeth let me know he resented my inheriting anything, he told my father that he owed him nothing.  This was also the time that my other brother learned of this loan to "their" company which Macbeth thinks is his and the company's bank account his personal account.

So, the first payment was made to my dad in Agust under duress, but I heard Macbeth tell my dad he'd he'd get the check for me the next month.  Well, it's now December, and Macbeth refuses to pay my dad any more money.  My father is both hurt by his actions and I think a bit humiliated; my two brothers are at odds over this new contretemps, and I honestly believe the Macbeths plan to hold off the payment so that my brother and I will have to take them to court to retrieve it after my dad's death.  This was the first round of the day.

I got home from dinner with Jose last night to find that around 7:30 pm amazon.com's trucking service tried to deliver a package.  This morning I signed the release, requesting the package be left at my door.  I got home 30 minutes ago, the release is no longer on the door, and no package in sight.  Have I been ripped off?

I had packages to ship today with delivery confirmations so I went to the post office to use their equivalent of an ATM.  When  mailed 10 packages on Saturday, I went as soon as they opened to not hold up a line of waiting people.  So today, I had to wait as the line grew while a person who clearly had never used the service before mailed 6 packages and took forever.

I have to write a report this afternoon to the Institute in a desperate effort to keep the project afloat.  Oy!

Did anything good happen today?  Not yet.  But I live to hope.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #101 on: December 19, 2006, 12:40:09 PM »

Mt St Helens is acting up again.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #102 on: December 19, 2006, 12:45:16 PM »

Did anything good happen today?  Not yet.  But I live to hope.

At least Jose is handy to take the blame!

der Brucer

Don't you know any Italians from Jersey you could send to Ohio to solve your problems?

MBarnum

« Reply #103 on: December 19, 2006, 01:05:20 PM »

DR Elmore, keep you spirts UP and ignore the bad and the things you have no control over. Besides you had dinner with DR Jose...that was a good thing!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #104 on: December 19, 2006, 01:10:33 PM »

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #105 on: December 19, 2006, 01:17:34 PM »

I had an afternoon of MEDIUM episodes today - all four from the second disc in the set from season 2.

This included one of my favorite episodes from the second season: the one where Allison dreams that the entire DA's office is getting mowed down by a sniper's bullets. Meanwhile, in court, the DA is getting creamed becasue the defense attorney seems to have a psychic in his employ. A really outstanding episode.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #106 on: December 19, 2006, 01:21:47 PM »

There was also the episode where an old flame of Joe's shows up to ask his help in landing her a job at Joe's engineering firm. Nice to see the old green eyed monster can bite Allison from time to time, too.

Matt H.

« Reply #107 on: December 19, 2006, 01:24:10 PM »

After I finished the MEDIUM episodes, I put in THE PUBLIC ENEMY. I've had this on DVD for awhile but hadn't watched it, and hadn't actually seen in movie in decades. I only got about thirty minutes in, but it's nice to revisit it after such a long time.

The transfer is OK for a film this old. The sound is very tinny, of course, and there are some scratches and grain, but it's as good as it's probably ever going to look. I'll finish it tonight before I start THE TWO MRS. CARROLLS.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: December 19, 2006, 01:30:04 PM »

Back from a most excellent lunch, must now pack up one more order, then brave Ye Olde Postal Office.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #109 on: December 19, 2006, 01:30:55 PM »

TOD:  years ago I was hired to work "in-house" at a temp service.  The manager had me dress up as a gigantic pumpkin (huge pumpkin body, green tights and a little leaf on my head--I kid you not) one Hallowe'en and go out on the streets of Portland to hand out promo brochures on said temp service.  Now this may have been embarrassing for a "normal" person (and we know that exempts me automatically  ;D ), but I decided to "run with it".  Among the two funnier things I did that day:

1.  This was in the days when the Scientologists were very active in Portland.  They would stand out on street corners and their de rigeur opening line was "Can I ask you a question?".  If you responded (or even made eye contact, LOL), they'd then proceed with "Are you happy with your life?" or somesuch nonsense to get you into their "Celebrity Centre" (yes, spelled CENTRE) to take their little personality test.  So anyhoo I snuck up behind one of them who was out on a busy streetcorner.  "Excuse me," I said loudly, "can I ask you a question?"  The Scientologist turned around and his jaw literally dropped open.  I continued without missing a beat, "I keep having a delusion I'm a gigantic pumpkin.  Can Scientology help me?"  For once a Scientologist was speechless.

2.  This one was actually funnier for me.  Toward the end of the day, I saw a lady carrying several small carved pumpkins in her arms and I started running after her screaming "Child murderer, child murderer!"  She got really freaked out and ran into a building to hide from me.  I still giggle when I think about it.

These are pretty damned funny!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #110 on: December 19, 2006, 01:33:54 PM »

Hi DR Elmoore.....  Wow ! Reading your description of the family situation sounded strangely like parts of "Brothers & Sisters," the new ABC show this year.  Try not to give yourself an ulcer or any heart problems from crappy siblings.

But, as a musician myself, I understand that we work many years in a field where there is rarely a thing like a benefit, insurance plan, retirement, or anything else like that.  So if something is rightly your's, of course you need to stand up for yourself.

In the immortal words of our suave and studly Grande Mensch.....
    "Damn them.... damn them all to hell!"

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #111 on: December 19, 2006, 01:35:03 PM »

All good wishes for having to deal with the USPS dear BK --  It starts getting worse each day now this week.  Take a dark chocolate chew with you. :)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #112 on: December 19, 2006, 01:36:56 PM »

I just heard about this, but don't know any details! :o
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: December 19, 2006, 01:50:48 PM »

I wish the Macbeths lived under it.

All I need is fratricide guilt.  Oy!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #114 on: December 19, 2006, 01:52:28 PM »

Frightening - but majestic!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #115 on: December 19, 2006, 01:53:51 PM »

I wish the Macbeths lived under it.

Hell - PUSH THEM IN!

In for a penny, in for a pound!

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #116 on: December 19, 2006, 01:58:17 PM »

They say great art comes from suffering. It doesn't say you have to be the sufferer.

der Brucer

JMK

« Reply #117 on: December 19, 2006, 01:58:23 PM »

Why is it I always find out about things happening in the NW from people on the other side of the country here on HHW?  :)

JMK

« Reply #118 on: December 19, 2006, 02:03:31 PM »

I went to the site but I refuse to enter a 50 letter "download code," especially with all the right side letters cut in half so that you can't tell what they are.  Oy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #119 on: December 19, 2006, 02:10:31 PM »

LOL DR CP.....I am NOT that interested either.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up