Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: THE WORLD IS A CIRCLE  (Read 47762 times)

Ginny

Re:THE WORLD IS A CIRCLE
« Reply #210 on: March 07, 2007, 01:50:05 PM »

DR Elmore3003, my NY plans might be changing. I shall keep you posted.

Me, too, DR MBarnum?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #211 on: March 07, 2007, 01:52:21 PM »

I finished up the afternoon watching the last quarter hour of a LAW & ORDER episode on TNT-HD. A man who had committed a hate crime and become born again and felt God would punish him with no need for the state to do it. I remember seeing the show within the last year or two and enjoying it.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #212 on: March 07, 2007, 01:53:14 PM »

And is Little Tokyo located near a rather delapidated area? All hotels in that area seem to have warnings about not walking about the area due to crime.

Dear M(hunka-hunk)Barnum ... You are not to stay in any hotels in Little Tokyo.  Just stick with that cool retro hotel you found behing the Chinese Theatre.  It is a good central spot from which to operate  --  just about equal times to West Hollywood, Studio City, and even shorter to the Asian area of the old east end of Hollywood Boulevard.

You have to tell me your exact dates that you'll be in La-La land, so that I can get you to Musso & Frank.  AND NO ARGUING !!   ;)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #213 on: March 07, 2007, 01:56:44 PM »

The area is rife with white slavers, DR MB.  You stay away from there!

So sad to be all alone in the world.  ;D
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #214 on: March 07, 2007, 02:00:48 PM »

AND a new design show episode tonight, too!

And an evening of SHERLOCK HOLMES movies on TCM.

When does TARTUFFE open?  Is it this week?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

MusicGuy

« Reply #215 on: March 07, 2007, 02:01:09 PM »

Good afternoon to dear Esteemed, vexed, brilliant, and driven-mad BK --

When you were doing guest spots on some of the shows in the 70s, which show and studio had the best craft services and catering??  And what kinds of things did they have out?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #216 on: March 07, 2007, 02:01:24 PM »

We've got snow here in Rehoboth!  It's been snowing all day, about two inches right now.

OK, I know, this isn't a big thing to a lot of you, but it's still new and facinating to this former SoCal boy.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #217 on: March 07, 2007, 02:03:17 PM »

DR S. Woody...where I come from "woof" is an expression that both compliments a hottie or serves as an editorial comment on something that is a "dog."

I hope my construct was clear enough to impress upon readers that I was not complimenting hotties.
And the reason you think dogs are bad is....  ???

Marty, Mikey, Bonnie, Buster and Fletcher would like an explanation!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

MusicGuy

« Reply #218 on: March 07, 2007, 02:03:37 PM »

And a good afternoon to all of the zowie H/Ks wandering around today.

DR Laura...... If you have any hint of irregularity in whom you see around your house or anything else, you make lots of noise and call 911 for sure.  And if you get too uneasy, you can always stay over here if you wanted to.  You take care of yourself woman !!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #219 on: March 07, 2007, 02:06:18 PM »

And add my vibage for DR Laura.  I am worried for your safety.

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #220 on: March 07, 2007, 02:08:24 PM »

my 7500th post  (is that a good thing or does it mean I'm on the internet too much?)
Given the intelligence of your posts, it's a good thing!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #221 on: March 07, 2007, 02:21:54 PM »

Why can I not find any Armenian restaurants in Los Angele's Little Armenia section?

(As you can see I am planning my April itinerary).

Try this link to citysearch.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #222 on: March 07, 2007, 02:27:31 PM »

DR Ron, do you feel the same way about his vocals on A New Brain?
I love A New Brain.  Gets, Norm Lewis, Penny Fuller, Mary Testa, Chip Zein, even Kristin Chenoweth pre-fame in an ensemble role.  And some of Finn's best music, in my opinion.

Der Brucer loaned this to the producers over at International City Theater (Long Beach) and we never got it back!  He had to buy me a replacement copy!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #223 on: March 07, 2007, 02:32:58 PM »

And the reason you think dogs are bad is....  ???

Marty, Mikey, Bonnie, Buster and Fletcher would like an explanation!

Show them the film "Home Alone"...the scene where Kevin is going through his brother's stuff and finds the picture of his girlfriend.

Kevin:  "Buzz's girlfriend! [makes a sour face]  WOOF!"
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #224 on: March 07, 2007, 02:37:07 PM »

Well i don't know that the producers of idol would want the winner to have these types of photos out there.

Do you think it has anything to do with race?

Or anything to do with the fact that frenchie could have won. While seriously antonella is pretty bad and will most certainly not win.

Why not?  Ruben and Taylor won.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #225 on: March 07, 2007, 02:38:45 PM »

I also enjoy Malcolm Gets on the York Theater Company recording of Merrily We Roll Along.

Esteemed BK - Do you have any stories to tell about producing that CD?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #226 on: March 07, 2007, 02:41:34 PM »

Show them the film "Home Alone"...the scene where Kevin is going through his brother's stuff and finds the picture of his girlfriend.

Kevin:  "Buzz's girlfriend! [makes a sour face]  WOOF!"
Marty, Mikey, Bonnie, Buster and Fletcher all know full well that a photograph of a person is no indication of what they are like.  That requires putting one's nose up close, preferably towards the other's rear, and getting a good sniff.

Matt H.

« Reply #227 on: March 07, 2007, 02:42:13 PM »

And an evening of SHERLOCK HOLMES movies on TCM.

When does TARTUFFE open?  Is it this week?

TCM is showing the four public domain HOLMES features; I guess they're saving money with those although I do like THE SECRET WEAPON and TERROR BY NIGHT a lot. (All four are a lot of fun.)

I believe Charles Pogue mentioned TARTUFFE had its first audience tonight, so broken leg wishes to the company.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #228 on: March 07, 2007, 02:42:19 PM »

I haven't kept up with the Antonella fracas to comment on it (I find her so appallingly bad), but I think what they objected to about Frenchie was that she didn't tell them the photos were out there. Others in later seasons had problems with the law (Bo Bice arrested for pot possession, etc), but they were forthcoming to the producers once they made the show, and the producers could spin it. The one thing they won't tolerate is being taken by surprise.

And Scott Savol was a woman-hitter!

Matt H.

« Reply #229 on: March 07, 2007, 02:43:09 PM »

Out me down as another fan of A NEW BRAIN.

I'm also a fan of Malcolm Gets.

Matt H.

« Reply #230 on: March 07, 2007, 02:44:53 PM »

And Scott Savol was a woman-hitter!

Yes he was, now that you mention it. I don't think IDOL expects the contestants to be sin-free. They jkust want them to be honest with them at the early stages of production. I think if you do that, they'll back you as long as you last on the show.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #231 on: March 07, 2007, 02:44:56 PM »

Marty, Mikey, Bonnie, Buster and Fletcher all know full well that a photograph of a person is no indication of what they are like.  That requires putting one's nose up close, preferably towards the other's rear, and getting a good sniff.

Rather than expending so much energy trying to correct me and, on occasion, others, I heartily recommend you let sleeping dogs lie (you can all sniff one another if you so choose).

Mainly, though, I'm certain you would prefer other folks here didn't start suggesting things YOU  can do with your advice and "corrections."

;)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 02:48:11 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #232 on: March 07, 2007, 02:45:42 PM »

I just got back from a really awesome run up through the hills over here next to Los Feliz/Griffith Park...

I happened to pass by a coyote that was running down this road next to a golf club here - we passed within maybe 3 yards of one another, me going my way and him going his -- it was amazing; he didn't seem daunted at all to be passing by another runner.  Even stranger was that he was all alone in broad daylight.  As I was running by, I noticed he stopped and just watched a couple of golfers who were playing on the hole nearest us...curious little guy...
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #233 on: March 07, 2007, 02:47:48 PM »

Out me down as another fan of A NEW BRAIN.

I'm also a fan of Malcolm Gets.

Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks -- that's the beautiful thing about theatre.

But the main question I have is:  In your brain, which Brain is better?  A New Brain or The Brain From Planet X?   Hmmmmmmmmm...?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 02:48:11 PM by Cason »
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #234 on: March 07, 2007, 02:54:11 PM »

Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks -- that's the beautiful thing about theatre.

But the main question I have is:  In your brain, which Brain is better?  A New Brain or The Brain From Planet X?   Hmmmmmmmmm...?
That's too much like comparing apples and oranges.  I like them both.

And I'm still regretting that der Brucer and I weren't able to get back to LA for TBfPX's initial run.  Our moving to Delaware has a downside, after all.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #235 on: March 07, 2007, 02:56:11 PM »

The Jogging Coyote.  That's the title of my next travelogue.

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #236 on: March 07, 2007, 03:07:46 PM »

That's too much like comparing apples and oranges.  I like them both.

And I'm still regretting that der Brucer and I weren't able to get back to LA for TBfPX's initial run.  Our moving to Delaware has a downside, after all.

Wellllll...HOPEFULLY, you can catch it in one of its later incarnations?

Matt H.

« Reply #237 on: March 07, 2007, 03:15:08 PM »

DR S. Woody beat me to the response. I like them both and find them both entertaining in their own ways.

To be honest, I haven't listened to a NEW BRAIN in awhile. That might be one I need to take off the shelf and spin again this weekend now that I've finished bk's BRAIN and put it back on the shelf.

Trouble is, I have SO many discs here that still have the cellophane on them, and probably one of them will next get taken to the car for listening.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #238 on: March 07, 2007, 03:16:32 PM »

Well i don't know that the producers of idol would want the winner to have these types of photos out there.

Do you think it has anything to do with race?

Or anything to do with the fact that frenchie could have won. While seriously antonella is pretty bad and will most certainly not win.

I don't know if it has anything to do with race. I really feel like it has more to do with the fact that Antonella's photos were taken by a friend for fun and not professionally produced for a paycheck the way Frenchie's were. And I'm sure it doesn't hurt that Antonella is a gorgeous 20 year old girl versus Frenchie who is not traditionally the face of american television.

Matt H.

« Reply #239 on: March 07, 2007, 03:16:39 PM »

And now, I'm heading downstairs to clean the den. Then, back to THE MUSIC MAN to continue from the spot where I stopped last night. We were just beginning "Marian the Librarian."

WBBL.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15   Go Up