Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: MONKEYS REPEATING  (Read 39046 times)

singdaw

Re:MONKEYS REPEATING
« Reply #150 on: May 22, 2007, 11:34:35 AM »

I am now working my way through last week's posts.

My goodness!

Let us know if you find anything noteworthy!    :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #151 on: May 22, 2007, 11:35:07 AM »

Back from errand number two, and shall now work on the Joan Ryan order - that way, when I get back from lunch, I can keep learning the hard-to-learn music for this reading that's coming up way too damn soon.

singdaw

« Reply #152 on: May 22, 2007, 11:35:50 AM »

Cool pic, DR DearReaderLaura!      8)

singdaw

« Reply #153 on: May 22, 2007, 11:37:46 AM »

and shall now work on the Joan Ryan order

I'll have Joan Ryan to go, rye bread, light on the mayo, lettuce, tomato, with a side of coleslaw and fries, please!

Jennifer

« Reply #154 on: May 22, 2007, 11:37:47 AM »

HEROES SPOILERS

SPOILER

Jennifer:  A case could be made for the survival of both Nathan and Peter.  

Getting enough height, Nathan could release Peter and get away from the pending explosion.  Peter could explode, but then regenerate the way everyone figured he would anyway.

Re: The ending of one chapter and the beginning of another -- I LOVED it...here was Hiro fulfilling his destiny and then blinking his way out of slamming into a building.  We at last discover where he went.  We know he has "control" issues...so...here he performed a major heroic act in the kensei tradition, and then he blinks himself back nearly 500 years into the middle of a feudal conflict.  It could not have BEEN more perfect, IMO.  

Parkman's fate is in the hands of the EMTs at this point.

Sylar apparently skulked into the sewer system.  All we saw was a blood trail where his body had been.

I'm more worried about D.L., although it seems he MAY survive.

Obviously when you are a hero death can be overcome.  I go a lot on gut reactions (as to whether i think the people are really dead).

I would be completely and utterly shocked if hiro or peter died (because they are hugely popular).

I have not heard if matt, sylar or nathan are returning. I guess they could go either way.  It's funny but i really thought sylar was dead. I didn't even really notice that sewer.  When his eyes went white (like peter's did when he died the other time) i just assumed he was dead (although i couldn't for the life of me figure out why they would want to get rid of one of the better actors).

I think nathan could go either way. But they sort of implied that he sacrificed himself and would die.

Matt will probably live.

And i too was hoping DL would be the one to go. Although i suppose he could get more interesting.

RE: where Hiro ended up some people said they saw Hiro's father there. So perhaps this "generations" thing will give us insight into the heroes and their ancestors.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #155 on: May 22, 2007, 11:47:24 AM »

SPOILER

Jennifer:  A case could be made for the survival of both Nathan and Peter.  

Getting enough height, Nathan could release Peter and get away from the pending explosion.  Peter could explode, but then regenerate the way everyone figured he would anyway.

Re: The ending of one chapter and the beginning of another -- I LOVED it...here was Hiro fulfilling his destiny and then blinking his way out of slamming into a building.  We at last discover where he went.  We know he has "control" issues...so...here he performed a major heroic act in the kensei tradition, and then he blinks himself back nearly 500 years into the middle of a feudal conflict.  It could not have BEEN more perfect, IMO.  

Parkman's fate is in the hands of the EMTs at this point.

Sylar apparently skulked into the sewer system.  All we saw was a blood trail where his body had been.

I'm more worried about D.L., although it seems he MAY survive.

Yep, that's pretty much how I think both Nathan and Peter survived.  And I also wouldn't doubt that Linderman might also heal himself and show up at some point next season.

Was that George Takei as the samurai warrior?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #156 on: May 22, 2007, 12:27:10 PM »

I shall now be on my way to lunch, after which I shall return.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #157 on: May 22, 2007, 12:36:35 PM »

We just had our second false fire alarm today.  
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

MBarnum

« Reply #158 on: May 22, 2007, 12:40:41 PM »

TPUnk, it was great to see you, if even for just a few fleeting moments! Don't be a stranger here we miss your beautiful face!

Ben

« Reply #159 on: May 22, 2007, 12:42:02 PM »

Only 5 more days to read. I Can't Be Bothered Now.

That's where I left off, in case you're wondering.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 12:42:39 PM by Ben »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #160 on: May 22, 2007, 01:03:37 PM »

Thanks for the update, DR TPUNK.  
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #161 on: May 22, 2007, 01:04:01 PM »

Appreciation vibes for all the votes for Amanda.....

Sorry about the link, DR JENNIFER....yes it is strange.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #162 on: May 22, 2007, 01:04:34 PM »

Of all of the reality shows - I agree with DR JENNIFER - So You Think You Can Dance is my FAVORITE - and I am glad to see it back!!!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #163 on: May 22, 2007, 01:07:45 PM »

JRand, I really like your current avatar!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #164 on: May 22, 2007, 01:11:19 PM »

A moment ago Amanda was tied for 1st place.  I tried to break the tie.  While I was doing so she dropped down to second place. ???

singdaw

« Reply #165 on: May 22, 2007, 01:11:21 PM »

He's dancing as fast as he can!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #166 on: May 22, 2007, 01:12:17 PM »

Just for you DR Matth!

Thank you so much, DR MBarnum! That made my day!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

singdaw

« Reply #167 on: May 22, 2007, 01:16:31 PM »

A moment ago Amanda was tied for 1st place.  I tried to break the tie.  While I was doing so she dropped down to second place. ???

Funny; this morning, the tally was updating each time I voted.  Now, it's not changing.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #168 on: May 22, 2007, 01:21:15 PM »

Only 5 more days to read. I Can't Be Bothered Now.

That's where I left off, in case you're wondering.

I'm still mulling over the "I'm Through With Snot" post.

"I'm through with snot
I'll never sniff again
Said adieu to snot
Don't ever blow again
For I want no flu from someone
And so I'm through with snot."

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #169 on: May 22, 2007, 01:22:32 PM »

Of all of the reality shows - I agree with DR JENNIFER - So You Think You Can Dance is my FAVORITE - and I am glad to see it back!!!

Aughghghghghghghgh!

Traitor!

May you never see another episode of "Project Runway"!!!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #170 on: May 22, 2007, 01:22:35 PM »

Sorry your Tivo let you down, DR George. And I had HEROES on the DVR but promptly erased it after I finished watching the show, so like with Vixmom the other night, I am so sorry I can't help you.

Thanks.  I know that I can watch "Heroes" on-line at NBC.com, eventually.  I went there right after the episode aired, but this last one wasn't up yet.  Hopefully soon (I haven't checked today...I'm still at work).

Actually, this final episode should be repeated on SciFi channel...I believe it's Friday night at 7 or 8.  If not Friday, check the schedule through Monday e'en, 'cause I've seen repeats on SciFi all through the season.

Ooo, thanks!  I'll check this out, too!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

MBarnum

« Reply #171 on: May 22, 2007, 01:22:48 PM »

You know it just occurred to me that Steve Terrell is not just in DRAGSTRIP GIRL but he is in MOTORCYCLE GANG as well....so I guess that puts both films on a more level playing field now doesn't it.   ;D

Matt H.

« Reply #172 on: May 22, 2007, 01:24:18 PM »

Thanks, DR Ron, for some intriguing speculations on potential scenarios about those who could still be living on HEROES. I hadn't thought of it, but it seems perfectly reasonable, and I'd have no trouble accepting it if it came to pass.

Sylar is a wonderful villain, but to have him survive that would be stretching it. The writers should be talented enough to come up with another equally interesting villain.

And I, too, LOVED the beginning of Chapter II.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #173 on: May 22, 2007, 01:24:42 PM »

From what I gather, the guides that are fed to the cable company update their information every few days, so, for example, my DVR knew to go two minutes over the hour last night to record HEROES. However, with award shows, I always tell it to record the show right after it as well since they are unpredictable. I always do that for the TOnys since they are usually good about finishing on time but occasionally will slip over for a couple of minutes.

The networks tell the cable companies how long their episodes are going to last (GREY'S ANTOMY being 75 minutes last week. I didn't record it since I was watching "live," but I saw in the guide that ABC had already furnished that information.)

As for your second question, I think that LOST show would have had to be recorded separately since it was a special and not part of the weekly series. I'm not sure about that, mind you, but I'm thinking on a different day, an odd start time, etc. meant it would have needed to be programmed separately.

I don't have TIVO, I have a DVR from Comcast.  It did automatically record the special "Lost" episode.  I can set it to record every episode of a series on a channel or just the new episodes, or all the episodes at a particular time.  It seems to be quite flexible.  But if I set it to record every episode of "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" on ABC Family, it won't record the BBC America episodes.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

« Reply #174 on: May 22, 2007, 01:27:28 PM »

Nope, won't be checking out any of those reality shows. IDOL and PROJECT RUNWAY are the only ones I will watch. I checked in occasionally with BIG BROTHER but don't watch every episode (though I enjoy the discussions about it here even when I don't watch).

Matt H.

« Reply #175 on: May 22, 2007, 01:29:42 PM »

I began my afternoon finishing the "making of CAN-CAN" featurette on the CAN-CAN DVD set. The latter part of the feature talked about Nikita Kruschev coming to Hollywood, and the newsreel footage of him on the set.

Shirley MacLaine also talked about it in her Robert Osborne interview on PRIVATE SCREENINGS.

Matt H.

« Reply #176 on: May 22, 2007, 01:30:50 PM »

There's a brief featurette on Cole Porter on the CAN-CAN special features disc that I also watched. No new information there that wasn't already widely known.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #177 on: May 22, 2007, 01:31:00 PM »

Good Afternoon!

I need a nap.

That is all for this post.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #178 on: May 22, 2007, 01:31:57 PM »

There was also a nice featurette on Abe Burrows with producer/director James Burrows and also Abe's daughter (sorry, don't remember her name) contributing to the information on the documentary. I appreciated that this was on the disc.

Matt H.

« Reply #179 on: May 22, 2007, 01:33:39 PM »

Next, I watched last night's LAW & ORDER: CRIMINAL INTENT. Two interesting cases, one involving a neighbor of Logan's who winds up dead on the pavement. The other involved  a con woman who killed a police recruit. Both stories were very interesting.

The show seemed to suggest that Julianne Nicholson won't be back next season when the show transfers over to USA.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17   Go Up