Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: MONKEYS REPEATING  (Read 39072 times)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
Re:MONKEYS REPEATING
« Reply #180 on: May 22, 2007, 01:33:54 PM »

Aughghghghghghghgh!

Traitor!

May you never see another episode of "Project Runway"!!!

More apt:

DR Jrand, the designer of your summer wardrobe is here:

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #181 on: May 22, 2007, 01:35:06 PM »

And, yes, I had a wonderful time at Splash last night.  Everyone seemed to be there - well, at least everyone I've worked with over the past two or three years.

Alas, due to another one of those "earlier incidents" somewhere in Brooklyn, the A train was running - or not running - normally last night by the time I left the bar.  I stepped into the train station at 1:05am, and a train did not come along until 1:25.  And then because of track work,  I didn't get home until 2:00am... And then I had to be up at 8:00am, so...
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #182 on: May 22, 2007, 01:35:14 PM »

Next came ENTOURAGE, merely an OK segment with Johnny wanting to be in the next Brett Ratner movie (ugh!). And Turtle's latest infatuation wasn't very interesting though I'm glad to see the girl had some scruples and wasn't willing to jump into bed with him just to get to Vince and his money.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #183 on: May 22, 2007, 01:36:19 PM »

DR Danise - Glad to know that you and Thelma made it to Pittsburgh safe and sound.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #184 on: May 22, 2007, 01:36:25 PM »

More apt:

DR Jrand, the designer of your summer wardrobe is here:

Purrrrr-fect!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #185 on: May 22, 2007, 01:37:52 PM »

I see that Amazon.com is listing the DVD of season 1 of "Heroes" for an August 28th release date.

What I need to know before ordering it is whether it's anamorphic or not.  I take nothing for granted.  I don't want any 1:78:1 show on DVD that doesn't fill my screen.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 01:38:24 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

« Reply #186 on: May 22, 2007, 01:38:03 PM »

Next came PIGSKIN PARADE. I had never seen this movie all the way though, and it was a bubbly little musical. The football stuff was dull (and predictable), but otherwise a nice early Fox musical. Garland's voice really is astonishing, and she must have had people in the audience looking at one another when this BIG voice comes out of this little person.

Can't believe Stuart Erwin got an Oscar nomination for such a nothing performance.

Matt H.

« Reply #187 on: May 22, 2007, 01:39:15 PM »

I see that Amazon.com is listing the DVD of season 1 of "Heroes" for an August 28th release date.

What I need to know before ordering it is whether it's anamorphic or not.  I take nothing for granted.  I don't want any 1:78:1 show on DVD that doesn't fill my screen.

You're right not to take things for granted, but it's Universal, and they've been very good about doing anamorphic transfers lately.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #188 on: May 22, 2007, 01:40:48 PM »

DR Dan (the Man) - Does you TiVo/DVR freeze-frame too?  ;D

*Btw, the Bachelor in question attended Duke University, and was in the same class of my roommate's boyfriend, and I have to say...  That must have been one hunky class.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #189 on: May 22, 2007, 01:41:19 PM »

There are some featurettes on the PIGSKIN PARADE DVD, and I started with one called "The Talent in PIGSKIN PARADE." The film does have a starry cast (though they weren't big stars at the time). So, the featurette gives some information on each one of them: Garland, Grable, Tony Martin, Patsy Kelly, Jack Haley, and Stu Erwin.

I didn't quite get finished with it, so will watch the rest of it when I go back down.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #190 on: May 22, 2007, 01:46:30 PM »

Next came PIGSKIN PARADE. I had never seen this movie all the way though, and it was a bubbly little musical. The football stuff was dull (and predictable), but otherwise a nice early Fox musical. Garland's voice really is astonishing, and she must have had people in the audience looking at one another when this BIG voice comes out of this little person.

Can't believe Stuart Erwin got an Oscar nomination for such a nothing performance.

One of the stars of LIFE BEGINS AT 8:40, Dixie Dunbar, is in PIGSKIN PARADE.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #191 on: May 22, 2007, 01:46:33 PM »

DR singdaw - As other have already mentioned, your DVR unit should record "special episodes", as well as longer - or shorter - episodes.

We always double-check the "List" to make sure the programming changes made it to our cable provider.  They usually do, but there have been one or two times where we've had to manually adjust the recording time.

And even though the season is almost over, we have noticed that "Idol" tends to run over by a minute even though it's still scheduled to end on time.  -We've lost a bunch of final comments and performances.  -However, you can set your DVR to start and stop recording one minute before and one minute after the scheduled time slot.

Now...  If you happen to get to the point where you have overlapping programming and have to make a decision as to which program you wish not to record, well... May those times come few and far between.  *We usually run into this problem on Wednesday nights; thankfully, programs on Bravo are usually repeated later that evening, so you can adjust things accordingly.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #192 on: May 22, 2007, 01:51:02 PM »

As for the upcoming slate of new and returning "Reality Shows":

That Pirate show - I'm sorry, but it looks stupid to me.  Stupid may be a strong word, but the promos are just too hokey for their own good.

"So You Think You Can Dance?" - YES!  *And since I happened to be privy to one of the New York City audition days.... ;D  -I won't be on camera, but I'm really hoping some of my "favorites" get some air time.

"Project Runway" - YES!  -And, in another bit of serendipity, a friend of mine is now working with the company that's handling the publicity and public relations for the show.  It's going to be another interesting season.

"Top Chef" - Yes.  -Not the upper and lower case letters in the "Yes". ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #193 on: May 22, 2007, 02:02:37 PM »

As for the Topic of the Day...

I guess I'll mention "Ordinary People" too.  It's one of my favorite movies.  However, I see it more as a "troubled family" movie, rather than a "troubled teen" movie.  I first saw it back in high school in Social Studies class, and it was a fascinating movie to discuss with other high-schoolers/teens.

"The Breakfast Club" - One of the few movies I've seen more than once in a movie theatre.  Of course, that may have had more to do with Emilio Estevez playing a gymnast than anything else. ;)

"Ferris Bueller's Day Off" - I actually did not see this movie until a few years after it was released.  I had just heard so much about "Bueller! Bueller!" that I was put off by all the hype.  However, after catching it on HBO one day...  -Just what is Alan Ruck up to nowadays anyway?  *And I remember seeing Biloxi Blues on Broadway with both Mssrs. Broderick and Ruck.

"Stand By Me" - Well, maybe troubled "pre-teens".
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #194 on: May 22, 2007, 02:04:20 PM »

DR Ben - Thanks for the pics!  Did you make it to the beach? And did you do the "Stingray Shuffle"?
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #195 on: May 22, 2007, 02:23:24 PM »

Tod:

Virtually all of the "Andy Hardy" movies.

"Blue Denim"

"Red Sky at Morning"

"Last Summer"

"The Outsiders"

"Christine"

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #196 on: May 22, 2007, 02:27:06 PM »

Thanks for the correction SWW!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #197 on: May 22, 2007, 02:27:18 PM »

Great pictures Ben!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #198 on: May 22, 2007, 02:27:55 PM »

A lot of people in Fargo are pulling for Jordin... she has Fargo connections, her great grandparents live here...

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #199 on: May 22, 2007, 02:28:52 PM »

... the Melissa Manchester song:

Baby cried the day the circus came to town
'Cause she didn't wnat parades just passing by her
So she painted on a smile and took up with some clown
While she danced without Annette upon the wire

Fred - giving credit to the performer and not the writing talent :-X

Words by Carol Bayer Sager and Music by Peter Allen

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #200 on: May 22, 2007, 02:30:14 PM »

Glad you arrived safely Danise and I send continued vibes and hugs...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #201 on: May 22, 2007, 02:31:35 PM »

Nice to see you again TPunk...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #202 on: May 22, 2007, 02:31:54 PM »

Great picture Laura...

Matt H.

« Reply #203 on: May 22, 2007, 02:34:44 PM »

Heading down now for more viewing.

WBBL.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #204 on: May 22, 2007, 02:43:50 PM »

Topic of the Day:  James at 15.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #205 on: May 22, 2007, 02:47:39 PM »

Time to get ready for work.  With just a week and a half until the birthday party for the younger grandlad, Magic Mommy has decided on a theme ("Gross stuff") and now needs der Grampa to help get everything ready.  

First candidate: KittyLitter Cake

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #206 on: May 22, 2007, 02:49:54 PM »

DR Dan (the Man) - Does you TiVo/DVR freeze-frame too?  ;D

Mine does. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #207 on: May 22, 2007, 03:00:01 PM »

Here's some EXCITING NEWS!

Season 2 of "Dynasty" is coming out August 14th.

It seems Fox relinquished its rights to release DVDs of the show when the first season didn't sell well (just like the first season of "Dynasty' didn't exactly top the Nielsens).  Paramount has come to the rescue, and season two is the one where Alexis joins the cast and creates all the sparks that made this show a joy to watch.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #208 on: May 22, 2007, 03:00:58 PM »

First candidate: KittyLitter Cake

der Brucer

That's just WRONG.  Cake is supposed to be enticing.

That cake would gag a maggot.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #209 on: May 22, 2007, 03:01:34 PM »

And what's up with the "cake Kitty" that he/she cannot cover his/her cake poop?

:D
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17   Go Up