Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: THE VENTILATOR  (Read 29184 times)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
Re:THE VENTILATOR
« Reply #210 on: June 02, 2007, 07:04:55 PM »

I wrote about my feelings a couple of weeks ago. I liked it very much. I thought the actor who played his best friend was O'Toole's performance equal and deserved a nomination in the supporting category.

Sorry I missed that post, DR MATTH. I was E&T for several weeks. I agree with your point about O'Toole's friend--Leslie Phillips, I believe. I thought the two of them were great and played off one another so well.

François

« Reply #211 on: June 02, 2007, 07:06:29 PM »

Close to my favourite movie DR François.
It was one for Mahler.

New page, so you can say that again!

Cillaliz

« Reply #212 on: June 02, 2007, 07:08:58 PM »

I just got a CD of Celebration in the mail from bk.  I was in a production of Celebration in college, and haven't heard the music since.  Yes, so many years ago!!  Should be a fun trip down memory lane.

Who did you play? I was Potemkin

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #213 on: June 02, 2007, 07:10:09 PM »

BACKstage Memories, a memoir by Peter Berlin! ;)

I'll take it! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #214 on: June 02, 2007, 07:12:29 PM »

Did an ebay search for Last Starfighter and found this listing.  Who knew?

"HERE IS THE INCREDIBLY RARE OFF-BROADWAY SHOW

ORIGINAL CAST RECORDING OF THE STAGE PRESENTATION OF

THE LAST STARFIGHTER

(YES, YOU HEARD ME...)

This is the rare cast album to the stage adaptation of the Nick Castle film:

The Last Starfighter

This CD has 16 tracks.

You are bidding on a open and played once excellent condition CD set.

This is the long out-of-print original kritzerland CD release.

I purchased this years ago for my own collection.  I've been a serious soundtrack collector all my life, and now have a need to liquidate my collection.  If you don't see it for sale, write me and ask me.  I've collected every John Williams score CD available and will be selling all of them.  Thanks for your interest, and for bidding!"

This is an original pressed cd, not a CD-R or duplicate!

And you can get it for only 99¢!!

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #215 on: June 02, 2007, 07:13:11 PM »

DR Tomovoz - I received both the regular and special editions of the HHW birthday CD today. Thanks!

George

« Reply #216 on: June 02, 2007, 07:15:02 PM »

Well, it is official!  Tickets go on sale tomorrow morning for the World Premeire of the Broadway bound production of YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN in Seattle.  The official opening performance will be August 5.

TCB, are you going??

« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 07:15:15 PM by George »

François

« Reply #217 on: June 02, 2007, 07:15:50 PM »

DR Tomovoz - I received both the regular and special editions of the HHW birthday CD today. Thanks!

A Tale of Two Cds! Lucky you! ;)

François

« Reply #218 on: June 02, 2007, 07:16:47 PM »

I'll take it! :D

Hmmm... I'll let TCB "comment" on that! ;)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #219 on: June 02, 2007, 07:17:32 PM »

François,

A question came up today: what kind of "walk-around" food do the French have? (The equivalent of out hot dogs, hamburgers, cotton candy, ice cream cones. etc. - what do the French nosh while strolling around a country fair ground - if there is such a thing in France).

A lad (age 14) at today's birthday is part of a French class at school and they are joining other language-arts classes in doing a Spanish festival and he is supposed to create something French for the project.

(He was smart enough to know that French Fries were Belgian!)

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Tomovoz

« Reply #220 on: June 02, 2007, 07:18:03 PM »

What the Dickens? It was a far far better thing for me to do.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Cillaliz

« Reply #221 on: June 02, 2007, 07:21:19 PM »

Ok here are some photos, before the trees were gone on the east

Cillaliz

« Reply #222 on: June 02, 2007, 07:21:45 PM »

And after to the east

Cillaliz

« Reply #223 on: June 02, 2007, 07:22:28 PM »

Before to the west

Cillaliz

« Reply #224 on: June 02, 2007, 07:22:52 PM »

After to the west

George

« Reply #225 on: June 02, 2007, 07:27:43 PM »

Nice pictures, Cillaliz.  A little pruning can make a big difference. :)

François

« Reply #226 on: June 02, 2007, 07:29:51 PM »

François,

A question came up today: what kind of "walk-around" food do the French have? (The equivalent of out hot dogs, hamburgers, cotton candy, ice cream cones. etc. - what do the French nosh while strolling around a country fair ground - if there is such a thing in France).

A lad (age 14) at today's birthday is part of a French class at school and they are joining other language-arts classes in doing a Spanish festival and he is supposed to create something French for the project.

(He was smart enough to know that French Fries were Belgian!)

der Brucer

Oh, very much what you eat over there but mainly cotton candy, candied apples, French fries, ice cream cones or ice cream bars, hot dogs too and the traditional French sandwich made of baguette with butter and ham.... No hamburgers though! Yes, we do have county fairs and traditional annual fairs called "fêtes foraines" or "frairies", NOT to be confused with yesterday's fairies! ;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #227 on: June 02, 2007, 07:30:26 PM »

Back from a really long and exhausting rehearsal.  The reading is "blocked" (basically, we get up, we sit down, we get up, we sit down).  I got through it all fine today, but it's so much damn talking and singing and I really have to take care of my voice.  The director wants to run it twice tomorrow, and I've told him I'll do it full out once, and then mark it, because otherwise I'll worry I won't have much voice left for our three performances.  It's amazing how much trouble this is when you haven't done this sort of thing for so long.  It's a nice company of players, though, and I kept the atmosphere light and funny all day.  The "composer" was there today, and after we'd blocked everything, I was going over one of his melody lines that made no sense, wasn't like anything else in the song, and had mis-accented words.  I found a way to make it work, and the music director was fine, but the composer made the mistake of muttering, "If he sung it correctly it would work."  I replied, "I'll tell you why I can't sing it correctly - because every other time you have this line in the song it's the same - this one is impossible to sing without sounding like a total blanking idiot and you should learn the craft of setting words on music so that the words don't have to be pronounced as if you were an Armenian."  That shut him up.

Cillaliz

« Reply #228 on: June 02, 2007, 07:30:57 PM »

Actually in the photos above they cut down 6 full grown trees!

So you wanted me to post photos and you'd make your own call on cute butt or no....

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #229 on: June 02, 2007, 07:31:22 PM »

Tomovoz - check your PMs.  We've solved the problem of the missing payment - you misspelled adelphia and so the payment is in the ether somewhere.  You have to cancel and resend to the correct address.

Cillaliz

« Reply #230 on: June 02, 2007, 07:31:25 PM »

Another view

François

« Reply #231 on: June 02, 2007, 07:31:57 PM »

Nice pictures, Cillaliz.  A little pruning can make a big difference. :)

I  guess there's some double-entendre in that statement of yours! ;)

Tomovoz

« Reply #232 on: June 02, 2007, 07:32:17 PM »

Have done BK.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #233 on: June 02, 2007, 07:32:45 PM »

I did make it to the bookfair, but I needn't have bothered - there were even less dealers there than last year - they should just fold up their tent and not do this one.  I am so all in from the rehearsal.  I did get in a jog this morning, and I ate some soup and fries for dinner and now I'll just relax and rest Ye Olde Voicebox for the rest of this evening.

George

« Reply #234 on: June 02, 2007, 07:37:11 PM »

Actually in the photos above they cut down 6 full grown trees!

So you wanted me to post photos and you'd make your own call on cute butt or no....

The first picture was taken a little too far away (or reduced to too small a size ::)), but the second picture is much better. ;)

François

« Reply #235 on: June 02, 2007, 07:37:31 PM »

Have done BK.

Do you know any Phil in Adelphia?!

François

« Reply #236 on: June 02, 2007, 07:39:29 PM »

Have done BK.

To return to Oz you had to return to Adelphia!

And vice versa!

Cillaliz

« Reply #237 on: June 02, 2007, 07:40:37 PM »

My neighbor girl looked up and said "Mom, he needs to put his shirt on"

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #238 on: June 02, 2007, 07:43:30 PM »

Good Evening!

Greetings from Steve's place!

But isn't Jose supposed to be at his parents' new house tonight?

Well...

*I'll have to break this up into a couple of posts... Otherwise, I'll end up boring myself with the details.  ;)

First of all, my car started fine.  I did spend some time brushing off some of the dust and all the bird droppings that had accumulated over the past three months.  -Yes, three months!  I then loaded up my stuff, and proceeded to head over to my parents's new house.  But then I remembered I had wanted to stop by and see my friend, Mike, and since he was on the way to my parents' new house... Well...

A few blocks away from Mike's house, I noticed that the temp in the car was getting uncomfortably hot.  I looked at the temp gauge, and it was well into the Red-H area!  So, I immediately turned up the vents, turned the temp setting to hot, and prayed that I would make it to Mike's house without the car overheating.  And I did.  Whew!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #239 on: June 02, 2007, 07:44:24 PM »

DR Cillaliz - Where's his face?  I'm all about the face. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13   Go Up