Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21   Go Down

Author Topic: NIGH UNTO IMPOSSIBLE  (Read 57235 times)

singdaw

Re:NIGH UNTO IMPOSSIBLE
« Reply #150 on: June 04, 2007, 10:13:58 AM »

There's an opening?

*biting my tongue*       :P

singdaw

« Reply #151 on: June 04, 2007, 10:14:54 AM »

And one for tongue...
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #152 on: June 04, 2007, 10:25:42 AM »

Eww.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

FJL

« Reply #153 on: June 04, 2007, 10:25:45 AM »

Ewww, that was quite a sight to turn a page to.

FJL

« Reply #154 on: June 04, 2007, 10:29:46 AM »

An ancient joke (which I believe was used in SUGAR BABIES):

A fellow went into a deli and asked 'What's the special of the day?'

The waiter replied, 'Beef Tongue.  We have delicious beef tongue.'

The fellow said, 'Ugh! I don't want anything coming out of a cow's
mouth.  Fry me up a couple of eggs!'

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #155 on: June 04, 2007, 10:36:19 AM »

Poor Paris Hilton, the world's stupidest celebutramp goes to the Hoosegow today.

Now that she's out of commission, I wonder what current bimbo ho will replace her?

Never fear....Nicole Ritchie (sp?) is still working the streets.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 10:36:30 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #156 on: June 04, 2007, 10:38:55 AM »

"Rob Morrow"?

Good Grief!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #157 on: June 04, 2007, 10:39:05 AM »

...And I still cringe every time I hear that song.

...as I cringe every time I hear "Amy, what you gonna do"?
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #158 on: June 04, 2007, 10:42:03 AM »

I am loathe to mention the many nouns and verbs my name is synonymous with.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Edisaurus

« Reply #159 on: June 04, 2007, 10:45:37 AM »

ROB MORROW?
Rob Lowe, I could understand, since he WAS a member of the brat pack.
No such appellation was ever applied to "rob morrow" that I can recall.  He appeared in a few very cheesy "comedies" in which his only acting technique was to smile at everything.  All teeth, no talent.
Now he's refined his "acting" to well-rehearsed poses, sneers and attitudinizing.

I have never thought of Rob Morrow as a brat pack actor, mainly because I have'nt seen him in any brat pack ensemble-type films.

But I alway enjoy him in Northern Exposure, and QUIZ SHOW is one of my favorite movies.

Rob Lowe, on the other hand---definitely a brat pack guy, yes, but I can't tolerate his "acting". He's done 3 original movie for TNT, including Salem's Lot. I worked on these and never could understand why this guy continues to get work, apart from his looks. (I find Rob Morrow way more attractive, BTW.)
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Ginny

« Reply #160 on: June 04, 2007, 10:46:40 AM »

Ken Burns did a nice doc on Stanton:
http://www.pbs.org/stantonanthony/

Yes, DR Edi, I've seen that one, too, and enjoyed it.

From Wordplay, we learned that Ken Burns, apparently, has a very nice NYC apartment.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Edisaurus

« Reply #161 on: June 04, 2007, 10:52:43 AM »

Plus Rob Morrow has opened 5 restaurants in NYC that serve healthy, dairy free food: http://www.josiesnyc.com/

but whenever I'm in NY I forget to try them. Has DR Jose?

He has also written and directed a few good indie films I've seen at festivals.

Edisaurus

« Reply #162 on: June 04, 2007, 10:53:30 AM »

Yes, DR Edi, I've seen that one, too, and enjoyed it.

From Wordplay, we learned that Ken Burns, apparently, has a very nice NYC apartment.

I watched Wordplay with Ken at the Full Frame festival. He was giggling through most of it. Very cute.

Edisaurus

« Reply #163 on: June 04, 2007, 10:55:36 AM »

I liked the crossword puzzle writer who was driving by Dunkin Donuts: "Hmmmm...if you move the D to the end, you'd have Unkind Donuts".

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #164 on: June 04, 2007, 11:00:16 AM »

I liked the crossword puzzle writer who was driving by Dunkin Donuts: "Hmmmm...if you move the D to the end, you'd have Unkind Donuts".

Hmmm...and donuts spelled backwards is stunod.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

singdaw

« Reply #165 on: June 04, 2007, 11:08:56 AM »

The bird is named "Nigh"...

Ginny

« Reply #166 on: June 04, 2007, 11:13:08 AM »

DR Edi - I have been to Sunday brunch at Josephina.  It was delightful.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #167 on: June 04, 2007, 11:23:58 AM »

Thanks to all for the hugs and sympathy.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Edisaurus

« Reply #168 on: June 04, 2007, 11:26:01 AM »

DR Edi - I have been to Sunday brunch at Josephina.  It was delightful.

Was it named after Jose? I'll check it out next time I'm in town...

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #169 on: June 04, 2007, 11:31:03 AM »

And the word of the day is: REFOCILLATE!
Gordon tried and tried to REFOCILLATE his pot roast until there was not a single CALORIE LEFT, but instead it shrivled down into a dried out and undigestable lump.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #170 on: June 04, 2007, 11:35:49 AM »

Isn't Rogaine used to refocillate?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #171 on: June 04, 2007, 11:36:10 AM »

Page Two Happy Birthday Rosalind Russell Dance!!

Here she is at the wedding of Miss Elizabeth Taylor to Mr Nicky Hilton.  With her is her husband, Mr Frederick Brisson.  ;D

She's looking pretty good for a gal that's celebrating her 100th birthday today!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #172 on: June 04, 2007, 11:38:21 AM »

Oh, and how could I foget...

A two week summer workshop I did singing in a chorus conducted by Robert Shaw.  The man was amazing and a total inspiration.  I've never met anyone with so much charisma.  He WILLED the forces to perform EXACTLY what he heard in his head, and to WANT to give him 200 percent.  He also had an internal metronome - it was quite astonishing.
An internal metronome...

Why does this make me think of Cogsworth, in Disney's Beauty and the Beast?

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #173 on: June 04, 2007, 11:44:03 AM »

Linda Blair was scary as Rogaine in THE EXORCIST.
-- Anaïs Nin

singdaw

« Reply #174 on: June 04, 2007, 11:45:07 AM »

Was it named after Jose?

Given that they're supposed to serve "healthy and dairy-free food," I'm guessing no!

;)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #175 on: June 04, 2007, 11:46:17 AM »

I have never thought of Rob Morrow as a brat pack actor, mainly because I have'nt seen him in any brat pack ensemble-type films.

But I alway enjoy him in Northern Exposure, and QUIZ SHOW is one of my favorite movies.

Rob Lowe, on the other hand---definitely a brat pack guy, yes, but I can't tolerate his "acting". He's done 3 original movie for TNT, including Salem's Lot. I worked on these and never could understand why this guy continues to get work, apart from his looks. (I find Rob Morrow way more attractive, BTW.)

Rob Lowe is so-o-o much more interesting to me as an actor than Rob Morrow, who was good in "Northern Exposure" but certainly not the best thing about it,  Janine Turner was my favorite, followed by the phenomenal supporting cast, including John Cullum and the actors playing Ed, Chris in the Morning, Shelley and the lady who ran the general store.

Lowe is wonderful in "The Stand"...and the older he gets, the more he grows into his looks.  I see years and years ahead of Lowe as a matinee idol...if not in movies, then certainly on TV.  He's totally wonderful in "Brothers and Sisters."  Again, IMO.

;D

Ginny

« Reply #176 on: June 04, 2007, 11:46:23 AM »

This Just In!

My library has a book by Tarzan:

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Swimming the American Crawl, by Johnny Weissmuller[/move]

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #177 on: June 04, 2007, 11:52:20 AM »

Call me dumber than a bag of hair today! I'm all dressed up to see the orthopedist, ready to take a bus trip, and I see that it's scheduled for this time tomorrow.  Well, duh!

Back to THERESE RAQUIN!  I don't know how PBS broadcast this show in the USA to make any sense, with all of the nudity in the first two episodes.  Laurent's trips to the morgue looking for Camille's body are filled with nightmarish nude corpses, and we do see a lot more of Brian Cox and Kate Nelligan than the Masterpiece Theatre audiences saw.  Mona Washbourne plays Camille's mother and she is wonderful; I think my only memory of her is Mrs Pierce in the film of MY FAIR LADY.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #178 on: June 04, 2007, 11:58:09 AM »

DH Richard has an appointment today with the hunk surgeon who operated on his shoulder back in April

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #179 on: June 04, 2007, 12:04:57 PM »

Everyone going to the doctor and the vet.....and me staying home.

DR ELMORE I remember enjoying THERESE RAQUIN very much.  So it is available on DVD?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21   Go Up