Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21   Go Down

Author Topic: NIGH UNTO IMPOSSIBLE  (Read 58490 times)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
Re:NIGH UNTO IMPOSSIBLE
« Reply #270 on: June 04, 2007, 02:55:45 PM »

I read about this earlier in the afternoon. Since Tony Denison is my favorite actor on the show (after Kyra and Jon, of course), I was delighted with this news.

GW Bailey is making an appearance at a Closer event next week here in Atlanta. I hope I can go, because I'd like to say hello to him. He was in the first movie I ever worked on (one of his, too!)

He's probably my favorite character since he was so nice to everyone on that film, even little peons like me.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

singdaw

« Reply #271 on: June 04, 2007, 03:03:33 PM »

DR Adriana Patti - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!   on making it through your semester...that must feel incredible to be done!!   :)

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #272 on: June 04, 2007, 03:04:03 PM »

It is 107 F outside. That is all.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

singdaw

« Reply #273 on: June 04, 2007, 03:04:44 PM »

DR Jane...I keep forgetting to post:  Thanks so much for sharing your anniversary with us last night.  So wonderful!  And how good it must have felt to let Sherlock really ROMP!!!!   :)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #274 on: June 04, 2007, 03:04:58 PM »

PAGE 10 LIEN DANCE!!!!!

*Details to follow. :-\
Make Your Own Luck.

singdaw

« Reply #275 on: June 04, 2007, 03:05:12 PM »

singdaw

« Reply #276 on: June 04, 2007, 03:07:34 PM »

DR JoseSPiano - spoo, wrong kind of lien...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #277 on: June 04, 2007, 03:10:12 PM »

I worked with G.W. Bailey on some TV thing - can't remember what, though.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #278 on: June 04, 2007, 03:16:33 PM »

Well...

I got to the mall.  I found the DMV branch.  When the DMV first set up shop there a couple years ago, it was just a "DMV Express".  Apparently, it eventually upgraded to a full-service DMV Branch.  In any case...

The line to get in was out the door, but after look in, I realized there was a check-in information desk you had to go to first, so the line was only about 10 people deep.  Not bad.  Well...

After inquiring about obtaining duplicate title, the woman behind the desk informed me that there was a lien against/on my title, and it was from Ford Motor Financing.  "Well, the car was paid off in 1998."  -Well, there's still a lien, and you'll have to contact the lien-holder to get a letter stating that it's been removed.  Then you can come back and get the duplicate title.  Oy vey.  Well...

I went ahead and found a relatively quiet spot in the mall, and after a few phone calls, and dealing with some very helpful customer service reps, I was able to get the lien removed.  Of course, the letter will take a few days to get to me, but it's supposed to be mailed out tomorrow, so I should have it by the end of the week.

"So, even though the car was paid off, and I received a copy of the title already, there can still be a lien on it?"
-Yes.

"So, even though I've renewed my license for the past ten years, and renewed my plates too, the lien was never brought to my attention?"
-Yes, that's possible.  You can renew and renew, but until you specifically ask about the title, then we can't tell you any information about it.

Hmm...

Fortunately, I did enquire about the possibility of this lien affecting my credit rating - and my Mom's credit rating since she was the co-signer on the loan.  They said there was no "blemish", and that what most likely happened was that a payment was a day or two late, and the computer applied the lien.  -Well, it would have been nice to know there was one, and that I had to apply to have it taken off.  Well...

At least I took care of that.  And that will also help get my timetable prepared for the next two weeks.  -I think I'll head back down to Richmond two weekends from now.  And once, I'm down there, I can take care of everything all at once!  The title, the car, etc.  *And, I'm just glad I did look into this, 'cause who knows what kind of problem that would have caused if I had already had found my original title, and then tried to donate the car earlier.  Ah, well...

In any case, it's been a good day with good customer service reps for me.  First e-Bay, then Ford Motors Financing.
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #279 on: June 04, 2007, 03:17:18 PM »

I just spoke to DR vixmom, who sends you all her love and regards.  She wants to come in the weekend of June 30 to see all of us.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #280 on: June 04, 2007, 03:18:58 PM »

*Oh, and I was relieved to find that my car loan was still in their 'active' system.  The first CSR I spoke to at Ford's was not sure she could pull up the records since the car was bought back in 1993, and that it had been paid off already.  Luckily, it was there!  Otherwise, I would have most likely had to pay some sort of research fee, and then wait for some undeterminate amount of time before I heard anything. -Whew!
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #281 on: June 04, 2007, 03:19:11 PM »

DR Jose, I blame you for all liens, leans, loans and lones, whatever that is!

J'accuse!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #282 on: June 04, 2007, 03:19:38 PM »

Well, my niece, Alyssa, has just informed that dinner is being served, so...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #283 on: June 04, 2007, 03:24:44 PM »

DR Tomovoz...

The CD arrived today!!!!

THANK YOU so very much.   :)    From all the other DRs reports, I know I shall enjoy it immensely!

A pleasure.  DR FJL I may have missed a post - I sometimes do (but not usually yours as I read so many of them to Colin). I also have missed if the 12ths Street Rag made it to Oakland,.

Hopefully DRs TCB and MBarnum will receive there copies today.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #284 on: June 04, 2007, 03:27:29 PM »

My curtains are (is) in the mail.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #285 on: June 04, 2007, 03:28:23 PM »

DR Jose - I hope some responsible person has been collecting your New York MAIL for you.
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #286 on: June 04, 2007, 03:34:23 PM »

DR Jose - I hope some responsible person has been collecting your New York MAIL for you.

I hope so too.  Alas, sometimes it's more a matter of having a responsible delivering the mail in my 'hood. :-\
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #287 on: June 04, 2007, 03:35:27 PM »

Back from dinner... Hamburgers and potato chips.  With Kool-Aid - a.k.a. "red juice".  -I can't remember the last time I had "red juice". :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #288 on: June 04, 2007, 03:36:02 PM »

And Emily, my just turned one-year old goddaughter, managed to eat half a hamburger all by herself!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #289 on: June 04, 2007, 03:36:45 PM »

DR Jose, I blame you for all liens, leans, loans and lones, whatever that is!

J'accuse!

C'est moi!
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #290 on: June 04, 2007, 03:36:47 PM »

Dang! Oh well...I'll check for repeats. Is it based on the original Stephen King or the expanded version?

Impossible to tell which version, since adaptations have to make editorial decisions to delete characters, combine scenes.

I love the expanded novel, but none of the plot points change.

It's a roughly six-hour mini-series.  
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #291 on: June 04, 2007, 03:37:35 PM »

I just spoke to DR vixmom, who sends you all her love and regards.  She wants to come in the weekend of June 30 to see all of us.

Hmm.. I guess it's time to start coordinating schedules, and see just how many HHW gatherings will be taking place that week.
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

« Reply #292 on: June 04, 2007, 03:39:32 PM »

I worked with G.W. Bailey on some TV thing - can't remember what, though.

I'm guessing either LAVERNE AND SHIRLEY or M.A.S.H.---maybe HAPPY DAYS....
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #293 on: June 04, 2007, 03:41:03 PM »

I just Googled "industrial shelving new york" and all kinds of things turned up.

DR Rodzinski - I'm sure you can find that type of shelving at Home Depot down on 23rd Street or the one on the East Side.  You could even arrange for home delivery and set-up.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #294 on: June 04, 2007, 03:43:07 PM »

A pleasure.  DR FJL I may have missed a post - I sometimes do (but not usually yours as I read so many of them to Colin). I also have missed if the 12ths Street Rag made it to Oakland,.

Hopefully DRs TCB and MBarnum will receive there copies today.

I hadn't yet posted that I found a rag on 12th street.  And a most delightful surprise it was, too.!

You're a very thoughtie soul, Tommy!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #295 on: June 04, 2007, 03:44:02 PM »

And Emily, my just turned one-year old goddaughter, managed to eat half a hamburger all by herself!

Start 'em out on empty calories and they'll stay on empty calories.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #296 on: June 04, 2007, 03:44:30 PM »

Yeah, last month the cable company I am forced to use had an offer, $99 for cable, internet and phone. Well, I don't want phone, so I said, what can you do for me? Gimme the $66 package of internet and cable, right? The lady on the phone basically said the internet you get for that price is crap, and the cable is not that many channels (although I should have had her tell me exactly which ones). So she upsold me with the DVR and now I'm paying $100 for just cable and internet. The thing is I wouldn't be too sad if I just got Fox Movies.

Be sure to check the OnDemand channels.  A lot of times, the movies that are being shown on the cable channels will end up in the "general" movie listings on On Demand or the specific channel On Demand listing.  *I also like that HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, etc. OnDemand is included with most cable packages now even if you don't necessarily subscribe to those premium channels.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #297 on: June 04, 2007, 03:44:44 PM »

Back from dinner... Hamburgers and potato chips.  With Kool-Aid - a.k.a. "red juice".  -I can't remember the last time I had "red juice". :)

Was there nothing in the meal of nutritional value?  A slice of raw onion, perhaps?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #298 on: June 04, 2007, 03:45:26 PM »

Start 'em out on empty calories and they'll stay on empty calories.

Well, it was just the burger part.  No bun.  Lean ground beef, broiled.  -With a formula chaser.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

« Reply #299 on: June 04, 2007, 03:46:34 PM »

I sure could use some "red juice" right now...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21   Go Up