Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: TWITCHY AND BITCHY AND MANIC  (Read 40791 times)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
Re:TWITCHY AND BITCHY AND MANIC
« Reply #240 on: June 07, 2007, 04:28:49 PM »

I hope you noticed, Larry, that JoseCanYousee ignored BOTH of us in regard to that "job".

I mean...if "Gigi" couldn't go to the reservoir for tea with Gaston, how on earth are we to take JoseCanYouSee's going there for a "job"?

Maybe it's an upper case problem - he is going to meet his new boyfriend, Job.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #241 on: June 07, 2007, 04:28:58 PM »

Will Larry Moore return to the stage?

der Brucer

Lars publicity shot:

Sometimes you're really lucky I don't post my fantasies about you.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #242 on: June 07, 2007, 04:29:26 PM »

Maybe it's an upper case problem - he is going to meet his new boyfriend, Job.

der Brucer

Oh, curse God and die!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #243 on: June 07, 2007, 04:31:27 PM »

Sometimes you're really lucky I don't post my fantasies about you.

Good grief - no wonder you have restless nights!

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #244 on: June 07, 2007, 04:37:13 PM »

Rob Lowe's golf ball hits flying bird
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

FNC tagged this story as "Swing Lowe"

der Brucer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #245 on: June 07, 2007, 04:37:24 PM »

Oh, curse God and die!

If I sin, what do I do to you, you watcher of humanity? Why have you made me your target?  Why have I become a burden to you?

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #246 on: June 07, 2007, 04:42:55 PM »

TOD: Well, I'm a relative newbie here, too, and I've only belonged to a few internet groups, but I think it's safe to say that this is indeed the best group on the internet. I don't know why the internet seems to bring out the worst in some people---maybe they enjoy venting but retaining a measure of anominity.

This group is entirely different, and I think that is due in good part to the global moderator, who doesn't put up with incivility. As a result, he has a group of some of the nicest people on the planet.

I've benefitted personally because I've learned so much about musical theatre that I never dreamed of---even just the fact that all these wonderful trunk songs exist is a marvel. And I love how everyone is so supportive of everyone else through the good times and the bad. The outpourings of compassion during times of loss has been very inspiring and often healing to me.

I also can't express how wonderful it has been to have a group of people who have been so generous with their support of my films. It is very tough to make a documentary; SACCO AND VANZETTI took 5 years, and it's hard to keep your spirits up along the way, especially when you feel like no one may ever see it, or you will never finish it.

It was so gratifying then to finally unleash it in NY to such a wonderful reception from the HHW folks. I have friends in NY whom I've known for years (same in LA) who didn't even bother to go. But the Hainsies were there, not only to attend the film, but to take time out for a splendid brunch courtesy of FJL and Skip (and Singdaw was there in spirit!). And dinner with Adrianna and bk in LA was truly wonderful and I was honored that they attended the opening night.

Also, people here bought THE INTERNATIONALE...something I never would have dreamed. I know none of my friends outside this group or even family would have bought a copy. There are so many people in this group who particpate and create in the arts, at all different levels, and their efforts are always applauded and supported here, and it's so necessary in order to go on doing those things which are often under-appeciated or go unseen.

I loved reading the progress of The Brain, from the mind of our fearless leader to its realization on the stage, and was happy to be a part of the process.

I love being surrounded by so many animal lovers and nature lovers who document the wonderful things they see in their part of the world. I like the running gags; even hearing about Ben's oatmeal bowl makes me smile every morning.

One of my most fun days was when I was invited at the last minute to an Oscar party and needed to create an Oscar-themed dish. The suggestions were flying---hundreds of them---and I don't remember the last time I laughed so much. I started compiling a list and only got to page 29 of the posts...and there were so many more.

And the most memorable times to me, the most moving ones, were following the whole story of Sherlock, and especially Danise and her mother. As sad as it was, I found the outpouring of support very moving and it made me feel good about the human race. And our brilliant list member who organized a way for us to pay tribute to Danise's mom---that was unforgettable, and I think about it now when I look at the stars and wonder if I'm looking at hers.

And don't even get me started on how great it is to have people share things with you that they enjoy---I've gotten so many treat in the mail that have enriched my life immensely.

I LOVE YOU GUYS!! (And Aventurera!)

Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #247 on: June 07, 2007, 04:43:32 PM »

Oh my god! Sorry, I guess I ran on...A BIT!!!!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #248 on: June 07, 2007, 04:47:06 PM »

Jeopardy isn't on for some reason, so I'm watching The Brady Bunch. Marcia is working on a scheme.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Cillaliz

« Reply #249 on: June 07, 2007, 04:48:47 PM »

Whenever I see Cherry Coke, I think of DR Sandra

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #250 on: June 07, 2007, 04:49:56 PM »

Thank you to all DR's for always being here and lending an ear and sometimes a post.  You are the best.  

DR Jose - Key 3 for A Chorus Line I assume it's mostly harp??

Cillaliz

« Reply #251 on: June 07, 2007, 04:58:29 PM »

I don't think I can pinpoint one HHW moment.  I never dreamed when I first posted here that I had found a group of people I would come to think of as my family.  I have loved meeting everyone and look forward to meeting more of the HHW family whenever the opportunity arises.  

I think the day that meant the most to me was my birthdays last year when everyone here seemed to forget about it and things at work were at their worst...totally unbearable that day, as I recall, but all I had to do was sign on here and there were good wishes galore.   It totally brightened my day and made the rest of it not seem quite so depressing or important.  

The Oscar night dessert frenzy was hilarious.  I really enjoyed that. I do love it when we get going on that sort of silliness.  
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 04:59:45 PM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #252 on: June 07, 2007, 05:00:20 PM »

DR Jose, congrats on the regular subbing gig.  Cool beans

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #253 on: June 07, 2007, 05:02:43 PM »

DR Laura-I keep shaking my head as I read each mishap.  I know only to well what a frustrating pain it all is.  

On the brighter side, Sandra has her bucket.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #254 on: June 07, 2007, 05:03:53 PM »

Thank you to all DR's for always being here and lending an ear and sometimes a post.  You are the best.  

DR Jose - Key 3 for A Chorus Line I assume it's mostly harp??

There was a real harp the first time around!

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #255 on: June 07, 2007, 05:06:59 PM »

I'm just poppin in for a brief moment.....

...............:).... POP......:)...........

and dear DR Jose.......Congrats on the the A.C.L. job..... you may not have as much time for a "quick reservoir Job" in the future.   Oh you Manila Minx, you !
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 09:12:54 PM by MusicGuy »

MusicGuy

« Reply #256 on: June 07, 2007, 05:07:44 PM »

Hi Elmo...... I'm wishing you better sleep !!!!!!!!

MusicGuy

« Reply #257 on: June 07, 2007, 05:08:27 PM »

And now,  off to a few evening things.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #258 on: June 07, 2007, 05:08:36 PM »

There was a real harp the first time around!

My feelings exactly.  When I saw it, the one thing I missed most was the harp - not to mention the ACOUSTIC piano!

Jane

« Reply #259 on: June 07, 2007, 05:08:45 PM »

Vote for Amanda Mitchell

Thank you.  You can read all the entries here.  I couldn't see the link posted by DR SINGDAW....so here it is again.

http://www.flyergroup.com/

Did I miss the chance to vote one more time?  

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #260 on: June 07, 2007, 05:09:23 PM »

Whenever I see Cherry Coke, I think of DR Sandra

Me too...every time! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #261 on: June 07, 2007, 05:13:23 PM »

Did I miss the chance to vote one more time?  

No, Jane (and anyone else)...click HERE for the specific link. ;D

« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 05:13:53 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #262 on: June 07, 2007, 05:14:27 PM »

Oh great, Paris doesn't eat and gets released. Can you imagine how many other people will quit eating? It won't help, of course, because they aren't Paris Hilton, but they will quit nonetheless

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #263 on: June 07, 2007, 05:14:33 PM »

Yo ho ho and a bottle of flat beer! I just caught 5 minutes of this ridiculous I'm-a-survivor-ripoff-and-a-pirate show-rolled-into-one, and it was so mind-numbingly stupid that MY NAME IS EARL looks like Shakespeare.  I haven't seen this episode; clearly it's one I missed when I abandoned it for UGLY BETTY.

Jane

« Reply #264 on: June 07, 2007, 05:16:24 PM »

Hi dear "all kinds of cookies in the Jar" DRs and H/Ks .........

Good morning, and I hope that many here slept as well as I did last night.  Dear dearest Elmo... I really hope that your sleep starts to improve, as it can so affect and color how we feel and think all through the day.  

So very, very true.  Unlike DR Elmore who is under great stress, if I just found a nice new mattress & stopped eating junk food, I'm sure I would finally sleep.  Maybe, I'm not sure what to do about the rapidly growing puppy sleeping on top of me. ;D

DR Elmroe-VIBES YOUR OFFICE PROBLEMS EASE UP SOON!  I’m working on one stressful situation at a time in hopes the vibes will be more powerful.

Cillaliz

« Reply #265 on: June 07, 2007, 05:16:52 PM »

No, Jane (and anyone else)...click HERE for the specific link. ;D

Thanks, George, I voted again and Amanda is still leading

George

« Reply #266 on: June 07, 2007, 05:21:03 PM »

Hey, I have a question for Jose (or anyone if they know...but mainly for Jose...even though it's not ASK QUESTION DAY):  on the days when you perform in ACL, is your name in the Playbill for that day or not?  Or do you have your name in there all the time as like an "understudy" orchestra member?  Just curious. :)

François

« Reply #267 on: June 07, 2007, 05:21:38 PM »

Good morning, afternoon, evening!

We need some music with moving pictures! So what about Mis Peggy Lee and Disney?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-6tD49b7Tgs
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 05:25:36 PM by François »

François

« Reply #268 on: June 07, 2007, 05:24:07 PM »

Now, Peggy sings about me!

He's A Tramp! (LOL!)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JrkBb2RHqtQ

DERBRUCER

« Reply #269 on: June 07, 2007, 05:25:49 PM »

Oh great, Paris doesn't eat and gets released. Can you imagine how many other people will quit eating? It won't help, of course, because they aren't Paris Hilton, but they will quit nonetheless

Andrew Sullivan nailed it:

Paris Hilton's Medical Condition

Diagosis: clinically privileged.

der Brucer
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16   Go Up