Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16   Go Down

Author Topic: TWITCHY AND BITCHY AND MANIC  (Read 41249 times)

FJL

Re:TWITCHY AND BITCHY AND MANIC
« Reply #420 on: June 07, 2007, 09:10:12 PM »

For those who eat too much at the Tony dinner: Xanax-du

OK, I guess we did that one yesterday.  :)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #421 on: June 07, 2007, 09:11:00 PM »

Got home today... actually blew home due to the strong winds of 50 mph and found a lovely envelope from OZ...

What great fun to listen to!  Thanks Tom!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

FJL

« Reply #422 on: June 07, 2007, 09:11:11 PM »

Also for those who partake too much:  the Color Burple

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #423 on: June 07, 2007, 09:11:21 PM »

Page 15 dance!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #424 on: June 07, 2007, 09:11:51 PM »

Tony weekend is a'comin' and I think you all know that this will be the place to be.

I have finished DVD number one and shall now watch DVD number two.

Cillaliz

« Reply #425 on: June 07, 2007, 09:12:15 PM »

LOL, these are great..I need to get some sleep...night

FJL

« Reply #426 on: June 07, 2007, 09:13:04 PM »

Angela Loinsbury and Marian Sell-cheese in JUICE

Or perhaps GOOSE?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 09:18:47 PM by FJL »

FJL

« Reply #427 on: June 07, 2007, 09:15:43 PM »

Cheese Wizerables

FJL

« Reply #428 on: June 07, 2007, 09:17:04 PM »

Since iot worked for the Oscars - The Flan-tum of the Opera   :) :)

FJL

« Reply #429 on: June 07, 2007, 09:17:41 PM »

Have we done The Pyrex Queen?

FJL

« Reply #430 on: June 07, 2007, 09:20:25 PM »

But then who hasn't?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #431 on: June 07, 2007, 09:20:31 PM »

TOD

There have been so many fun  moments and bk is right... we have been there to help each other through the good, the bad and the ugly and we laughed all the way.  I always look forward to coming here.

Favorite posts / frenzies...
One would have to be movie-food night.. That was a hoot!  Oscar night and the entertaining critiques of speeches and fashion exponents!

The pictures!  including the beautiful bird photos from Tom and Laura!

MissKaren and I chatting with Singdaw (or is it Naomi?)

People who are there to see you through rough times....

Late night posting frenzies with MissKaren and occiasionally joined by our favorite French boy, Francois and George (if we dont scare him) DerBrucer catching our spelling errors.....

Vixmom's smiles that she would post of curious qoutes and fun stories and jokes

Ron's pronouncements...

THE NOTES!!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #432 on: June 07, 2007, 09:24:26 PM »

Hmmm...

I wonder.....

Does dear DR Tomovoz mean this:

Or that OTHER kind of mooning?    ::)

Or mooing, for that matter!    :P

HOWL!!!!!!

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #433 on: June 07, 2007, 09:24:32 PM »

I don't think the musical "High Cholesterol" received any nominations.

Nor did High Colonic

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #434 on: June 07, 2007, 09:25:37 PM »

A lovely later-time good evening to all of the studlies and lovelies here...

And to DR dear Laura --- CONGRATULATIONS !!  LET THE INSIDE PEEING BEGIN !!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #435 on: June 07, 2007, 09:27:25 PM »

Lunch today proved to be entertaining...

I was telling DBF about Xanadu being a musical on stage and it lead to a discussion of other movies from the 1980s that could possibly be made into a musical...

His suggestions:
Breakfast Club
Valley Girl
Fast Times at Ridgemont High

I could see Breakfast Club if done right but the other two .... I dont think so.

We also had an extensive discussion on Grey Gardens

FJL

« Reply #436 on: June 07, 2007, 09:28:09 PM »

THE UNBEARABLE LIGHTNESS OF PEEING - that's my new HHW-based film treatment

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #437 on: June 07, 2007, 09:28:15 PM »

And now... (no, not Dino at the piano) ..... I think a little bit of dessert for moi, and then hopefully another good night's sleep.

".........Oh Arthur,......"

DERBRUCER

« Reply #438 on: June 07, 2007, 09:30:46 PM »

Rob Lowe killed our state bird....I don't want to talk about him    ;)

That was a Lowe blow.

der Brucer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #439 on: June 07, 2007, 09:32:11 PM »

Those are addictive!

der Brucer

These are even more sinful:

Dont tell my waistline that those are still being made!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #440 on: June 07, 2007, 09:36:44 PM »

Dont tell my waistline that those are still being made!

Mint Brussels - at a supermarket near you!

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #441 on: June 07, 2007, 09:46:13 PM »

The Fat Lady has NOT sung:

JUDGE ORDERS PARIS HILTON BACK TO COURT

Paris Hilton's release from jail may not last.

Hours after she was sent home under house arrest Thursday for an undisclosed medical condition, the judge who put her in jail for violating her reckless-driving probation ordered her into court to decide if she should go back behind bars.

Hilton must report to court at 9 a.m. Friday, Superior Court spokesman Allan Parachini told The Associated Press.

der Brucer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #442 on: June 07, 2007, 09:46:20 PM »

It is a beautiful night for a moondance!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #443 on: June 07, 2007, 09:55:52 PM »

It is a beautiful night for a moondance!

SwishySarah

• Swish On!
« Reply #444 on: June 07, 2007, 09:56:19 PM »

I'm terrible, I know it, and I'm sorry! I just get so BUSY and then I realize that its been days since I've even checked my email, let alone visit all of the websites that I love!

Well...quick summary. I finished my first year at James Madison University with a good GPA, straight A's on my jury, and a bang, I suppose (metaphorically speaking, of course.) I got home, worked for a week at Borders, and then got on a plane for PARIS!

My best friend Ashley and I spent 3 days in Paris at the Young and Happy Hostel in the Latin Quarter, which was fantastically located and fun! Many Paris sights were seen, many friends were made.

Next came Lyon, which was sort of a dissapointment- we were expecting it to be really fun, and instead we were bored during the day, and felt really unsafe at night. Our hostel wasn't very nice, and we ended up doing a daytrip to Grenoble, which was BEAUTIFUL and very relaxing.

After Lyon was Nice, which was also a tiny letdown, but only because almost every street in the city is under construction, or so it seemed, so there was noise 24/7, and the beaches were made of rocks! It was fine though, because we just went to Cannes for 2 days during the film festival. You must have passes to see films, though, so we just bummed around on the beach, and became delightfully tan. Also, we saw Mr. George Clooney, which was a highlight of my LIFE, let alone the trip.

We took a (horrifying) night train from Nice to Siena, Italy, in which there was no AC for 10 hours, we were in a compartment with 7 other people, and the men in the next compartment over were shooting up heroin. FUN!

Siena is the most BEAUTIFUL and RELAXING city I have ever visited. The people there were so kind and patient and willing to help in every way possible, and we just had the most wonderful time. We were very sad that we couldn't stay longer. While we were there, we visited San Gimignano, which is a medieval town filled with tiny roads and towers, entirely surrounded by walls. While we were there, we had the best gelato in Italy! (Literally. They won the contest for the best gelato in Italy!)

After Siena came Florence. I really did like Florence, except that I felt like I was in the United States the entire time! There were SO MANY AMERICANS! We did some museums, went to mass in the Duomo, and basically went and took pictures of all the famous sights. Unfortunately, Florence doesn't have too many student-discounted-museums, and our bank accounts were stretched enough as it was. We stayed in a hotel in Milan for a night, and then flew out of Milans airport at 9am! (10 hour flight due to harsh winds SUCKED, let me tell you.)

Annnnnd now I'm home and working for the rest of the summer. My other best friend who I work with is getting married on Tuesday (and the date happens to coincide with the mark of her 6th month in pregnancy, which is SO exciting!), and I'm the maid of honor, so I'm excited about that.

HOPE EVERYONE HAS BEEN WONDERFUL!

Favorite HHW moments- dancing with td, random music chats with jose, the old chat room extravaganzas on monday nights, the days of bevan, jed, ann, maya, and mark bakalor, ron pulliam telling me to "walk in the sunshine" (a postit note that i wrote down 4 years ago and still have!), julianas journal, and all of the crazy, crazy moments inbetween.

:D
...Walk in the sunshine...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #445 on: June 07, 2007, 10:02:03 PM »

Well.. CD Prices are basically going up because the companies want to make more money, and each time CD prices have gone up, people still buy them.  Yes, there's some grumbling initially, but people still buy them.

Yes, Amazon and the "big box stores" have been cutting into profit margins - their own and the record companies - but there's the ever-increasing digital download market.  And now that some formerly "questionable" sites like Napster have gone legal, well...

I'm still surprised that most classical CDs are priced below the current pop/rock/country/etc. pricing.  Alas, I also suspect that the amount of production, promotion, etc. for a five-piece band is actually more than it would be for a 60-piece orchestra.  But since the classical CD and classical recording business is on it's own slippery slope right now, well... :-\

Many of the Irish Music CD's that I like have been between 18.99 to 21.99 for years

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #446 on: June 07, 2007, 10:08:03 PM »

Laura and Sandra do that, too. ;)

I always enjoy the repartee between them...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #447 on: June 07, 2007, 10:09:08 PM »

Oh, my coworker also brought a box of these wrapped chocolate truffle thingies from Trader Joe's, in 3 flavors - amaretto, tiramisu, and cafe au lait.  Mmmmmm!

Those sound wonderful....

I love tiramisu..

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #448 on: June 07, 2007, 10:16:05 PM »

Echoing the others, FJL, you did a very nice job in Skip's IMDB bio.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #449 on: June 07, 2007, 10:20:56 PM »

Whenever I see Cherry Coke, I think of DR Sandra

So do I!!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16   Go Up