Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THEY CAN'T TAKE THAT AWAY FROM ME  (Read 27981 times)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
Re:THEY CAN'T TAKE THAT AWAY FROM ME
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2007, 08:36:15 AM »

Our kitchen remodel starts next week.  Pray for Rosemary's Baby.  We're going out to buy our new fridge and range this morning.  Sears has a 12% cashback sale that ends today.  Growing up in a Sears family, I always default to Kenmore appliances.

Jane:  we'll be in Ashland on our return trip from the Bar Mitzvah.  I think we get there on August 17.  We have OSF tickets for Taming that night, but maybe we can see you, Keith and Sherlock sometime that day or Saturday morning, if you're in town.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2007, 08:39:43 AM »

Our kitchen remodel starts next week.  Pray for Rosemary's Baby.  We're going out to buy our new fridge and range this morning.  Sears has a 12% cashback sale that ends today.  Growing up in a Sears family, I always default to Kenmore appliances.

Jane:  we'll be in Ashland on our return trip from the Bar Mitzvah.  I think we get there on August 17.  We have OSF tickets for Taming that night, but maybe we can see you, Keith and Sherlock sometime that day or Saturday morning, if you're in town.

Did you consult with DR DearReaderLaura about your kitchen remodel?  Or did you she take a look at your bathroom?  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2007, 08:40:54 AM »

MISS KAREN,
didn't mean to ignore you earlier. I must have just left.

JMK

« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2007, 08:41:02 AM »

Did you consult with DR DearReaderLaura about your kitchen remodel?  Or did you she take a look at your bathroom?  ;)

Sorry, don't get the reference.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2007, 08:42:56 AM »

This is sort of a little "late", but... Better late than never...

PAGE 3 LEE REMICK (and Amy Irving) "THE COMPETITION" DANCE!!!!!!

« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 08:43:50 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2007, 08:43:29 AM »

Well, as long as others do.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2007, 08:44:36 AM »

Hmm... I did have some oatmeal earlier, but I think I'm going to make a smoothie now...  Blueberry and pineapple, I think...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2007, 08:45:25 AM »

REALLY, REALLY hope your kitchen remodel goes well--NOT like DR LAURA's bathroom. Even my bathroom remodel is behind schedule--and I have a wonderful contractor and no subs!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2007, 08:57:31 AM »

JMK you just answered my first question. :)

2nd question, are you traveling minus the dogs?

And just as I’m about to ask the third question I realize we might not be here, dang.  If only you were coming to Ashland first.  I’ll have to let you know since your Ashland date is during Craig’s short summer break.   We will be very disappointed if we don’t get to see you, and we were hoping you could stay here.

Jane

« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2007, 08:59:45 AM »

JMK, Kenmore still has a good reputation.  Good luck on keeping your sanity during the remodeling.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2007, 09:00:41 AM »

Hmm... I did have some oatmeal earlier, but I think I'm going to make a smoothie now...  Blueberry and pineapple, I think...

Yep.  And Yum! And Healthy too!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2007, 09:01:42 AM »

"I'm Yum and Healthy...."
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2007, 09:02:32 AM »

From the musical, 46th Street.*

*Restaurant Row.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 09:03:32 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2007, 09:02:53 AM »

I took a homeopathic remedy by NatraBio for many years and it helped me more than the drugs. I used the one specifically for sinus problems. Available at many health food stores for $8 or $9.

Thanks---I have one nearby so I'll check!

Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2007, 09:05:43 AM »

Thanks---I have one nearby so I'll check!

I also like - and have had good results - with Boiron's Sinusalia and their Allergy remedy too.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2007, 09:06:52 AM »

Well, time to head in for the matinee.

Again..  ;)

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #76 on: June 23, 2007, 09:07:06 AM »

Gee, I started posting without realizing that I was still on yesterday. It isn't locked.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #77 on: June 23, 2007, 09:16:25 AM »

We are having company today & I have cooking & cleaning to do.  If I suddenly get organized I'll be back later, otherwise not until tomorrow.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #78 on: June 23, 2007, 09:23:35 AM »

Well, this was sort of a surprise...

Disney's Tarzan to Close July 8

*At least they got a full two weeks notice.  -And I'm guessing Disney did not want to take away from Beauty & The Beast's upcoming closing.  ???

Too bad Disney didn't think to bring Ted McGinley in to play Gaston in BEAUTY AND THE BEAST before they announced the closing.  Then they could blame him in another area of Show Biz.
“One thing’s universal,

FJL

« Reply #79 on: June 23, 2007, 09:26:37 AM »

What has Ted McGinley been blamed for in the past?  I've generally liked his performances.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #80 on: June 23, 2007, 09:32:43 AM »

What has Ted McGinley been blamed for in the past?  I've generally liked his performances.

It has been said "unfairly" that every time Ted is cast in a comedy series it is either cancelled or begins a downward spiral.  I have always enjoyed watching him, and just plain looking at him.
“One thing’s universal,

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #81 on: June 23, 2007, 09:43:45 AM »

Exciting news about The Brain and NYC -- as I've been hoping The Brain would be invited, I forgot all about the fact that it takes money to do this theatrical stuff -- especially those musicals.... Here's hoping all the pieces of the puzzle fall into place for you and The Brain, bk.

So do I!!

DBF listened to the cd and was very impressed also! He is a movie buff and remembers a lot of the sci fi movies of that era. You get a thumbs up from him also!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

JMK

« Reply #82 on: June 23, 2007, 09:45:06 AM »

Well, we're also having our downstairs bathroom remodeled, too (but it's fairly minor--new floor and sink).

Forgot to mention in my 110 rant--also got the Nancy Drew set and watched the first one last night.  I have never seen such a bad print for such a supposedly "major" release (I know it's a niche set, but still).  Horrible vinegar syndrome in several places plus some really weird phasing distortions that I'm thinking came from them trying to combine different elements.  Still, a fun film.  I loved the kid playing Ted Nickerson.  I bet MBarnum knows all about him.  ;)

JMK

« Reply #83 on: June 23, 2007, 09:46:55 AM »

Off to spend several thousand dollars on appliances.  I told Betsy I think we're going to singlehandedly put the kibosh on the Fred Meyer Rewards card.  We're already up to over $600 cash back just on this quarter alone, and that will probably climb to at least $700 or $800 after today's purchases.  The fools changed the rules last month so that you get 1 point for every dollar (2 for every FM dollar spent) instead of for every 5 dollars.  So we just use the card for everything and pay off the balance every month.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #84 on: June 23, 2007, 09:48:42 AM »

Dakota, nice to see you back posting. You are not allowed to just disappear without prior approval from a two-thirds majority.
“One thing’s universal,

JMK

« Reply #85 on: June 23, 2007, 09:49:50 AM »

No joke--I just saved a bunch switching our car insurance to Geico!!  Over $700 a year.  I'm impressed.  Hopefully it will go down even more once DS Betsy's speeding ticket drops off the radar (so to speak).  And this means when I sing "Remind Me" at my gigs I can actually say I'm a Geico customer!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #86 on: June 23, 2007, 09:50:34 AM »

Good Luck with the remodel JMK!!

My parents have always had good luck with Kenmore or GE products.

If I recollect properly, DR Laura has also redone her kitchen also besides her bathroom.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2007, 09:51:47 AM »

Why do obviously extremely sick people come to public places department:  I am so angry at a croup-ridden lady who came to Gabe's swimteam the other morning.  She walked by me twice (even though I moved) and coughed all over me, and I am now sicker than a dog.  Oy.

I finally got around to listening to the 110 revival cast yesterday.  To say I was disappointed may be the understatement of this year.  What a waste!  Even Audra doesn't sound great, but the whole score is butchered IM(not so H)O.  This is probably my favorite early 60s musical score (my sister got to see it right before it closed in 1964 and brought the OCR back home when I was quite young, and I just fell in love with it), but this new recording is a travesty.  End of rant.

I believe if you flip back a couple of days' posts you will read similar comments from me about this new 110.  I boil it all down to Little Red Hat - like many of the numbers, they change the feel so much (always, I'm sure, in the interest of being "different") it just becomes a travesty.  It happens over and over in this version, and, much as I love and adore Jonathan Tunick, his orchestrations are not a patch on the butt cheeks of Hershey Kay's originals.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2007, 09:52:27 AM »

Dakota, nice to see you back posting. You are not allowed to just disappear without prior approval from a two-thirds majority.

I will remember that good sir!

Mother nature has been playing havoc with the phonelines here.. We had 45 - 70 mile winds earlier in the week.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2007, 09:55:20 AM »

There are some instances that revivals are good and other where they should never be done especially if the original still holds its own or unique bearing. REvivals often scare me.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up