Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DIP IN THE ROAD  (Read 35129 times)

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
Re:THE DIP IN THE ROAD
« Reply #150 on: July 01, 2007, 11:44:28 AM »

And now I have clothes from the last 11 days merrily swirling around in the washing machine, so that I'll have something to wear tomorrow!.. I used up every pink shirt I own on this trip.  But after all, you don't want to go to a noon lunch, and then an evening event in the same outfit twice!!  Horrors..

It was great to meet you also Naomi !!  If you'll send me a PM with your earthly land address on it, I have something to send you in the mail

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #151 on: July 01, 2007, 11:44:46 AM »

I meant to mention something about the other night's NYC HHW gathering.  It is a slightly surreal experience, at least for me, meeting people in person that you feel you already know from online.  Those I had not already met I recognized instantly from their avatars [or, in DR Rodzinksi's case, from previously posted photos from other gatherings!].  In any case, the feeling soon vanishes, as the folks turn out to be pretty much what you'd expect from getting to know them online - wonderful, talented, outgoing, and warm that they are!  :)

So true, and an experience I hope to have with you one of these days.

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #152 on: July 01, 2007, 11:47:35 AM »

And now, time to pop out for a couple of quick errands.

Dear Jose....remember.... NO DESSERT for a few days!!  :)  It was our agreement.  I absolutely have to be good this week, just to try to "atone" a little bit for all of my splurging in NYC.  But my, it was all wonderfully delicious.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #153 on: July 01, 2007, 12:17:19 PM »

And now, time to pop out for a couple of quick errands.

Dear Jose....remember.... NO DESSERT for a few days!!  :)  It was our agreement.  I absolutely have to be good this week, just to try to "atone" a little bit for all of my splurging in NYC.  But my, it was all wonderfully delicious.

Our DR Jose prides himself on being better when he's bad!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #154 on: July 01, 2007, 12:37:50 PM »

I've spent the last hour putting stuff on our NYMF public page.  Check it out.  I'll add more as we hire more people.

http://www.nymf.org/module-ShowManager-display-sid-704.html

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #155 on: July 01, 2007, 12:45:36 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Well, since I was done at 2:00, and had wandered and wondered around Times Square for a bit already, I decided to head back uptown to my apartment for a little break.

Rehearsal today went well, although, I do have to admit to being a bit tired today.  Playing "Music & The Mirror" four times in a row was rough enough as it was, but then having to switch gears and basically play through the whole show for the incoming Al...  Whew!

*I also need to bring a jacket with me, it's actually on the cool side today, and I'm sure it will feel almost chilly later tonight.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #156 on: July 01, 2007, 12:46:05 PM »

Thanks for the heads up on DR vixmom.  I called her, and left a message for her.  Next time, hopefully.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #157 on: July 01, 2007, 12:47:25 PM »

Oh!  And I forgot to mention that I had a very nice - and surprising - voice mail message waiting for me last night once I got out of Curtains from a my new favorite waiter.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #158 on: July 01, 2007, 12:53:24 PM »

DR Ben and Ant - So... How were the cookies?  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #159 on: July 01, 2007, 12:54:12 PM »

I've spent the last hour putting stuff on our NYMF public page.  Check it out.  I'll add more as we hire more people.

http://www.nymf.org/module-ShowManager-display-sid-704.html

Great! The show dates and times are set.  Hoo and ray!!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #160 on: July 01, 2007, 12:54:19 PM »

DR MusicGuy - Well.. As for the "no desserts" rule, well... I still have some chocolates that someone bought me last week to finish  off, so.... ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #161 on: July 01, 2007, 12:55:06 PM »

DH Richard and I attended mass at St. Mary's next door, had a light lunch, and shopped a bit around Times Square.  Everybody at home is getting gifts from M & M's World - which was pretty much a zoo.  We're relaxing in our room until time to meet DRs Elmore, Jose, MBarnum, and ?anyone else? for pizza before the 7pm shows.

DR JRand - did you mean for me to get the souvenir program for myself or do you want one?  Is there anything else you'd like from the show?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #162 on: July 01, 2007, 12:56:40 PM »

Oh!  And I forgot to mention that I had a very nice - and surprising - voice mail message waiting for me last night once I got out of Curtains from a my new favorite waiter.  ;)

Does he want to set Jose's table? Scramble his eggs? Will former DR Jason scratch out someone's eyes? Is this the end of a perfect friendship? Stay tuned to "As the Stomach Turns."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #163 on: July 01, 2007, 12:58:06 PM »

DH Richard and I attended mass at St. Mary's next door, had a light lunch, and shopped a bit around Times Square.  Everybody at home is getting gifts from M & M's World - which was pretty much a zoo.  We're relaxing in our room until time to meet DRs Elmore, Jose, MBarnum, and ?anyone else? for pizza before the 7pm shows.

DR JRand - did you mean for me to get the souvenir program for myself or do you want one?  Is there anything else you'd like from the show?

DR Ginny, I believe DR JRand wants it for the Playhouse.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #164 on: July 01, 2007, 01:01:23 PM »

Does he want to set Jose's table? Scramble his eggs? Will former DR Jason scratch out someone's eyes? Is this the end of a perfect friendship? Stay tuned to "As the Stomach Turns."

Umm... I think it's more like "The Gays of Our Lives"... Or maybe just "The Lives of Our Gays".  ;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #165 on: July 01, 2007, 01:02:19 PM »

OK - I should get ready to head back down to Times Square...

See you there!

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #166 on: July 01, 2007, 01:11:09 PM »

DR Ginny, I believe DR JRand wants it for the Playhouse.

OK, thanks DR Elmore, I accept the mission!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #167 on: July 01, 2007, 01:12:13 PM »

Will we never get to page five?

Very soon.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #168 on: July 01, 2007, 01:14:54 PM »

Got the laundry washed, dried, and folded. I'll have to put it away later. Not one of my favorite little tasks.

Matt H.

« Reply #169 on: July 01, 2007, 01:17:48 PM »

I watched the three remaining episodes of ACTION! It was obvious that the writers knew the show was on the way out becuase those last three stories are very dark, more profane than usual, and, of course, hilarious.

Ginny

« Reply #170 on: July 01, 2007, 01:18:06 PM »

Catching up on some news over the last several days:

Contratulations to DRs George and Cason on your opening nights!

Continued Brain/NYMF vibes for BK - The Acorn is where Richard and I saw The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie last fall.  It was very comfortable and the stage seemed to be pretty good-sized.  The Sept. 30 date will mesh perfectly with my need to be here in NYC for a conference later that week.

Welcome home wishes to DR MusicGuy - it was such a delight to meet you.  Thanks for breakfast yesterday!

DR Jane - my goodness, Sherlock has grown!

Matt H.

« Reply #171 on: July 01, 2007, 01:20:17 PM »

There's a featurette on the second disc about the genesis of the series and its ultimate fate. At least the producer was honest enough to admit that the show was made for HBO, but when HBO wouldn't pay them the excessive fees they wanted, they sold out to Fox for the money. Had it been on HBO, it still would be running undoubtedly, but because of greed, they got a 13 episode run( and actually only a 10 episode run; three shows never aired), and the gravy train was over.

Matt H.

« Reply #172 on: July 01, 2007, 01:21:19 PM »

DR Jane, Sherlock takes a very good picture. Bad hair day? I wish my hair EVER looked that good!

Matt H.

« Reply #173 on: July 01, 2007, 01:22:45 PM »

Next I watched the critical analysis of WOMAN IN THE DUNES which I didn't have time to watch last night. In discussing the movie, the critic also alluded to (and showed clips from) THE FACE OF ANOTHER (which I've never seen before and will be watching tonight), so I got an advanced preview of that film.

Matt H.

« Reply #174 on: July 01, 2007, 01:23:28 PM »

To wrap up the afternoon, I put in LAND OF THE PHAROAHS, but I didn't quite finish it. There's still about 20 minutes to go. I'll complete it when I go back down later.

Matt H.

« Reply #175 on: July 01, 2007, 01:25:38 PM »

I meant to add that I didn't find LAND OF THE PHAROAHS campy, just poor. Dewey Martin certainly looked lovely.

The transfer was OK; sharpness varied from good to fair; color was mostly good but looked a bit flat and dated in some shots. I did appreciate the Dolby Surround track.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #176 on: July 01, 2007, 01:39:13 PM »

the only flat and dated color in Land Of The Pharoes are on the opticals, which is to be expected.  It's actually a perfect transfer, color-wise.  Most of it is sharp, but as I said, the mid to long shots are problematic.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #177 on: July 01, 2007, 01:39:33 PM »

Will we never get to page seven?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #178 on: July 01, 2007, 01:40:08 PM »

I've started back on my diet and I will be strict.  Today, I'm just eating little stuff, all of which will not add up to more than 1200 calories.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #179 on: July 01, 2007, 01:40:41 PM »

I will be lithe and svelte with abs and buns of steel by the time The Brain opens in New York.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15   Go Up