Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DIP IN THE ROAD  (Read 35172 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THE DIP IN THE ROAD
« Reply #270 on: July 01, 2007, 04:29:35 PM »

Yes, I'm not thrilled with that credit either, elmore.  I'm still hoping I hear from Josh Clayton, and I'll be talking to a couple of folks Jose recommended.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #271 on: July 01, 2007, 04:30:56 PM »

I tend to take people at their word on resumes - maybe the choreographer I just hired didn't really assist Mr. Tune.  Did anyone see Dr. Dolittle or have a staff list?  It doesn't really matter with him, though, because he's basically there to recreate what we did in LA and it does seem like he has a really good background in tap.

Ben

« Reply #272 on: July 01, 2007, 04:31:20 PM »

Jose, the cookie (we have only eaten one so far) was faboo!!!

We are being good boys, having eaten far too much over the past couple of weeks. We split the Oatmeal Raisin cookie after dinner yesterday and it was amazing. The Chocolate Chip cookie will also be split in half (and probably nuked for a few seconds to take the chill off of the chips) and savoured just as the OR cookie was savoured.

Sorry that we couldn't make either gathering today. It's been a busy weekend and it just didn't work out. We did have a great time at breakfast yesterday. What a grand way to send MusicGuy back to Arizona. He's a gem of a guy and those of you who have not yet met him have a treat in store when you finally do (meet him).

Hope the pizza party was fun. I look forward to September when more partying will rock NY.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #273 on: July 01, 2007, 04:31:22 PM »

DR Edisauras - I didn't mention "Midnight Cowboy".  I love "Everybody's Talkin' " but think "I Guess The Lord Must Be In New York City" should have been used.

I really should check and see which original film scores I had on LP I bothered to replace with a CD. There would not be many.

I've still not tried that "linK'.  "Dances With Wolves" would have sold well.
No one has mentioned the original Star Wars score.  I'm pretty sure that was a top seller.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #274 on: July 01, 2007, 04:33:13 PM »

Just got the BEST news - out of all the e-mail addresses in the country MINE has been chosen and I won 900,000 Euros.  I've sent them my complete information including my bank account number, and all my credit card numbers, and I guess I can expect those 900,000 Euros to be in my account any day now.
It's a typo, esteemed BK.

You just won 900,000 YUGOs.

Have fun with the garage costs.

::)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #275 on: July 01, 2007, 04:38:53 PM »

We did too, Cillaliz. He was very sweet and friendly. The neighbor poisoned him.

That's terrible!!!!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #276 on: July 01, 2007, 04:40:01 PM »

Yes, I'm not thrilled with that credit either, elmore.  I'm still hoping I hear from Josh Clayton, and I'll be talking to a couple of folks Jose recommended.

I don't have an email or phone for Robbie Stamper who did THE SINGING NUN; I've put out a request for contact info.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #277 on: July 01, 2007, 04:45:15 PM »

DR Ben, the pizza partay at John's Pizzeria was quite festive but DR Jose and I were definitely dragging our tails from fatigue.  DRs MBarnum and Jose left for AVENUE Q, DR Ginny and Richard left for THE FANTASTICKS and I caught a taxi home.

I spent most of the day cleaning and throwing out things: I have five cartons of books, music, and videos to cart down to the library of the Gay & Lesbian Community Center during the week. I also took four cartons of books, music and videos down to the basement for my handyman George to sell in his flea markets. I hope to talk to George this week about rebuilding the other wall of bookcases before they too collapse.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 04:45:50 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #278 on: July 01, 2007, 04:46:05 PM »

Pet Peeve....all the presidential nominees calling me and calling me and calling me.  I just hung up on Hillary.  Seriously, they are recorded messages and drive me crazy. That and the calls asking who I plan to vote for in the Caucuses. They aren't until Januarry, thank you very much. And besides it really isnt' a "vote" it's a caucus to determine delegates who can change their minds and go for someone else later.

Cillaliz

« Reply #279 on: July 01, 2007, 04:47:02 PM »

another pet peeve. Drivers who see you are waiting to get on a roadway or whatever and at the last minute they turn so you could have gone sooner if they had used the turn signal

Cillaliz

« Reply #280 on: July 01, 2007, 04:47:30 PM »

Drivers who insist they need to be in front of you and pass you to get there and then slow down...

Cillaliz

« Reply #281 on: July 01, 2007, 04:48:24 PM »

Had a good time secret shopping today.  There was a great sale going on so I bought a number of nice things on my gift card. can't beat that.

Cillaliz

« Reply #282 on: July 01, 2007, 04:51:23 PM »

That reminds me, I need to go online and do the eval of the store.  I am a little ticked at one of the people who works there. Last time I was in I asked her if a tensel skirt (looks like a denim skirt) would possibly be going on sale soon.  She told me that item never goes on sale.  Today it was about 70 percent off. Now, if she had said, "I don't know" it would be fine, but I bought it at full price because I really wanted it and she assured me it wouldn't be part of the sale...she will be included in my evaluation.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #283 on: July 01, 2007, 04:51:31 PM »

Mom, Dad and Brother are gone.  Skip made a great dinner and Mom enjoyed her birthday celebration.  No pictures were taken.
Toby and Dylan don't know how to operate a camera yet?

Oh, well.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #284 on: July 01, 2007, 04:54:32 PM »

Finished Hot Rods To Hell.  Incompetent.  Next up, if I can stand it - The Big Cube, although I might be ready for a "real" movie for this evening.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #285 on: July 01, 2007, 05:03:36 PM »

The tourists have taken over the little town of Rehoboth.

The natives are now all in hiding.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #286 on: July 01, 2007, 05:12:19 PM »

Dinner will be simple tonight.

Poached chicken breasts.

Couscous.

Broccoli florettes.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #287 on: July 01, 2007, 05:18:33 PM »

Tomovoz, WOW is right. :D

td, is that a chair?  Was that in downtown Pittsburgh?  Craig & Ioana had plans to see the city today, if they found the correct bus to get there.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #288 on: July 01, 2007, 05:28:57 PM »

Der Brucer is settling in to watch Time After Time.

I'm surprised he hasn't seen this before.  We've had it in our collection for ages, it seems.

No pun intended.

td

• td
« Reply #289 on: July 01, 2007, 05:31:09 PM »

Finished Hot Rods To Hell.  Incompetent.  Next up, if I can stand it - The Big Cube, although I might be ready for a "real" movie for this evening.

BE AFRAID!  Be very afraid!
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #290 on: July 01, 2007, 05:32:11 PM »

Tomovoz, WOW is right. :D

td, is that a chair?  Was that in downtown Pittsburgh?  Craig & Ioana had plans to see the city today, if they found the correct bus to get there.

I do believe it is seating of some sort; possibly for people with really big buttcheeks.

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #291 on: July 01, 2007, 05:33:02 PM »

Good afternoon dear Esteemed, rested, researched, rehearsed, and revitalized BK --

And CONGRATULATIONS on reaching 29,000 ...... you still don't look a day over 27,629 !!

td

• td
« Reply #292 on: July 01, 2007, 05:33:30 PM »

DR Jane, having once dwelled in an apartment mere blocks from Graham Street, I can say that Craig should have taken the 71C bus.  .  .

Jane

« Reply #293 on: July 01, 2007, 05:33:58 PM »

How about "Oh my God! You're kidding....they were the same color this morning"

Thanks. they were all great  ;D  This one is my favorite ;D ;D

Jane

« Reply #294 on: July 01, 2007, 05:35:01 PM »

td, won't I impress him when I tell him which bus he took. ;)

MusicGuy

« Reply #295 on: July 01, 2007, 05:37:03 PM »

And to dear DR Jose...... of course the chocolates are exempt from the temporary "no dessert" rule.  As they were purchased last week, they are obviously "grandfathered" in under what surely must be a statute somewhere!  Maybe CillaLiz can do a little research and come up with precedent and case law.

.........And maybe I could eat the entire display case at The Little Pie Company....  :)

MusicGuy

« Reply #296 on: July 01, 2007, 05:39:17 PM »

Sugar has filled her cute pink little tummy, and I have to do a couple of things in the evening today.

Ta Ta my lovelies and studlies -------- and you know who you are !

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #297 on: July 01, 2007, 05:42:09 PM »

No one has commented on why people veer to the right when going over a dip in the road.

td

• td
« Reply #298 on: July 01, 2007, 05:42:16 PM »

td, won't I impress him when I tell him which bus he took. ;)

It will be impressive IF that's the bus that he took. . .
He could have just as easily taken the 86A. . .

Jane

« Reply #299 on: July 01, 2007, 05:45:02 PM »

;D  I will let you know.  Was it hot there today?  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15   Go Up