Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: THE APPROACHING CLOCK  (Read 45276 times)

singdaw

Re:THE APPROACHING CLOCK
« Reply #90 on: July 26, 2007, 06:41:40 AM »

They don't make Crystal Pepsi anymore?    :(

Signed,
Behind the Times

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: July 26, 2007, 06:45:02 AM »

Good morning, all!  Today is a triumphant return to the NYPL after thepack-the-office hell of the last few weeks.  I look forward to seeing my friends there and maybe accomplishing somethng today.  I also have to finish up Mr Kevin Spirtas' last chart and drop off an orchestration to Mr Ron Raines, who may be still in Portland, Maine, attending the opening night of his wife's production of Il Barbiere di Siviglia. Charlotte sent me an email that Harry Potter arrived at dance camp.

Last night, I had Mexican food and margaritas with my friend Time Winters, who just played Pellinore in the Michael York tour of CAMELOT.  I hadn't seen him since I was mixing something in LAS with BK around 1997 - I met him for breakfast at Du-Par's - and it was great to catch up on things. Mr York has left the production and Lou Diamond Phillips is replacing him.  Time is not staying with the production; he's auditioning this morning for A TALE OF TWO CITIES.  I hope he gets the role.

BK, did you get my package?  Speaking of auditioning, Jason is on the list of requested people I received from Michael Cassara on July 13, but Anthony's name was not.

TOD:
  Tom Jones
  Nashville
  Oklahoma!
  Auntie Mame
  At least 2 videocassettes

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Julie

« Reply #92 on: July 26, 2007, 06:47:49 AM »

I'm up, very strange thing happened in the night - it seemed like someone shined a very bright light on the front of the house and it made the weather radio beep.   Both Boo and I jumped about 2 feet.   I thought it could have been the newspaper guy looking for an address on the house, but I don't get the weather radio part of it

Didn't you hear the eerie music playing in the background?  Didn't you know that meant run - NOW - as fast as you can, in the opposite direction?  

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: July 26, 2007, 06:48:50 AM »

DR Noel, I believe it was the failure to achieve some of the anticipated funding that closed down Stagecoach Mary.  After the reading, I had heard that all of the financing had been settled, so I really don't know what happened.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Julie

« Reply #94 on: July 26, 2007, 06:49:46 AM »

DR Adriana, I don't think you can get any tickets until August 1, and then it's members of NYMF...which to me was good enough reason to join. If I'm wrong and can get them now, I hope someone will correct me

You are right, Cilla.  Member tickets go on sale on August 1st.  Single ticket sales for non-members begin on September 1st.  

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #95 on: July 26, 2007, 07:16:59 AM »

Will we never get to page two?

The time has come and gone.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #96 on: July 26, 2007, 07:21:21 AM »

Good morning!

Was sleeping well until an upset stomach awakened me at 6 a.m. Got up and did various things for 90 minutes, went back to bed, and slept another 90 minutes. Not the best start to the morning.

Did have cool enough morning temperatures to open everything up, but it's not VERY cool, just passable. I'll be closing things up presently.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #97 on: July 26, 2007, 07:22:57 AM »

Re:  the approaching clock, did anyone else see this hilarious story (it was wire serviced in today's papers)?:

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2007/07/26/ap3953964.html

The punchlines are virtually endless.

Number 1:  Most commonly heard refrain at said nursing home:  Get this F***ING cat out of my room!!

Number 2:  The patients are going into cardiac arrest when they see the cat.

Number 3:  The minister's cat is a murderous cat.  (A Scrooge reference, of course).
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 07:23:57 AM by JMK »
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Matt H.

« Reply #98 on: July 26, 2007, 07:25:24 AM »

Dessert Isle DVDs:

THE WIZARD OF OZ

MEET ME IN ST. LOUIS

EASTER PARADE

A STAR IS BORN (1954)

ALL ABOUT EVE

THE NUN'S STORY

THE THIRD MAN

EVIL UNDER THE SUN

GYPSY

HARRY POTTER AND THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS

Matt H.

« Reply #99 on: July 26, 2007, 07:28:31 AM »

It will just be my luck to get my MGM Musicals box and THE PIRATE also be left out, the one film in there I'm most wanting to have on a commercial DVD.

I've been so disheartened about the box not arriving that I'm not sure what I'll watch today while waiting for the mail to arrive. I have two more episodes in the MOONLIGHTING set which would be nice to watch and get put back on the shelf. And I'll be starting THE MUPPET SHOW 2 if that set comes today. Looking forward to seeing all of those episodes again. (I bought some of those sets that had three episodes on a disc introduced by Brian Henson, and I'm sure some of those are from Season 2).

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #100 on: July 26, 2007, 07:29:49 AM »

Good morning one and all!!

Dropping by before I head to purgatory aka work..
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Matt H.

« Reply #101 on: July 26, 2007, 07:30:26 AM »

TV Tonight:

Two marvelous shows: BURN NOTICE (on USA) and MAD MEN (on AMC). Naturally, they come on at the same time. I'll watch MAD MEN "live" and record BURN NOTICE so I can see it straight through without enduring commercials. The stories are so interesting that I don't want the 4-6 minutes of commercials they throw in every 8-10 minutes.

singdaw

« Reply #102 on: July 26, 2007, 07:35:33 AM »

Thanks for the link, DR JMK!  :)

singdaw

« Reply #103 on: July 26, 2007, 07:36:15 AM »

Dessert Isle DVDs:
A STAR IS BORN (1954)

Aw, c'mon, DR Matt H...

What about the Streisand version?   ;)

Ben

« Reply #104 on: July 26, 2007, 07:36:25 AM »

Speaking of auditioning, Jason is on the list of requested people I received from Michael Cassara on July 13, but Anthony's name was not.

I don't think by the 13th that Anthony had contacted MC yet. I know he sent an e-mail with an attached picture last week so perhaps he's on the list now. He hasn't heard anything back from MC.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #105 on: July 26, 2007, 07:36:53 AM »

TOD:

Double Indemnity
Grease
The Queen
Somewhere in Time
Breakfast at Tiffanys
My Fair Lady
Vanity Fair
Secret of Roan Inish
Monsoon Wedding
Romeo and Juliet
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #106 on: July 26, 2007, 07:37:51 AM »

NOt as hot here today but still humid...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #107 on: July 26, 2007, 07:39:14 AM »

They don't make Crystal Pepsi anymore?    :(

Signed,
Behind the Times

EWwwww, I am glad they dont make it...

Matt H.

« Reply #108 on: July 26, 2007, 07:43:48 AM »

Aw, c'mon, DR Matt H...

What about the Streisand version?   ;)

She did a version of A STAR IS BORN?   :o

::)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #109 on: July 26, 2007, 07:47:59 AM »

I had a strange dream last night....

Singdaw was directing a movie and we were all part of it. It was sort of a cross between Agatha Christie and Stephen Sondheim.  It was odd....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #110 on: July 26, 2007, 07:50:21 AM »

derBrucer played teh detective and MissKaren and Laura were twns for the Miss Marple type character

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #111 on: July 26, 2007, 07:51:17 AM »

with cason and Adrianna writing the script

singdaw

« Reply #112 on: July 26, 2007, 07:51:56 AM »

Singdaw was directing a movie

:o

I'm flattered; I think!   :D

Well, if I were to direct a movie, I'd certainly want every DR at my side!   ;D

Miss Karen

« Reply #113 on: July 26, 2007, 07:52:20 AM »

TOD:

Cool Hand Luke
Raising Arizona
To Kill A Mockingbird
12 Angry Men
Bull Durham
Romeo and Juliet (1969 version)
It's A Wonderful Life
Shawshank Redemption
Monty Pyhton's Holy Grail
Young Frankenstein
Waiting for Guffman
Sixteen Candles
Edward Scissorhands
Milo and Otis
The Music Man
Chariots of Fire
Animal House
(oops, went over the limit -- got carried away -- but knowing me, I'd try sneaking a few extras onto that island anyway...)

singdaw

« Reply #114 on: July 26, 2007, 07:53:07 AM »

But since I have no experience whatsoever, I don't think I'll ever have to worry about getting greenlighted.

At least it wasn't a product intended for DR elmore3003's VCR...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #115 on: July 26, 2007, 07:54:47 AM »

it was a strange dream

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #116 on: July 26, 2007, 07:55:19 AM »

Miss Karen!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #117 on: July 26, 2007, 07:56:29 AM »

I need to do a little bit of writing before heading down to clean up for lunch out with friends.

WBBL.

Miss Karen

« Reply #118 on: July 26, 2007, 07:59:29 AM »

I butchered Python didn't I (what comes from typing too fast ...  and not being a good typist to begin with...)  

oh,  Best of Show, a bunch of the Little Rascals, The Outlaw Josey Wales .. wait, didn't I say I was over my limit -- just try to make me stop, bk!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: July 26, 2007, 07:59:30 AM »

She did a version of A STAR IS BORN?   :o

::)

Well, that's what she called it!  I have a few choice titles.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15   Go Up