Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: THE APPROACHING CLOCK  (Read 45283 times)

MBarnum

Re:THE APPROACHING CLOCK
« Reply #180 on: July 26, 2007, 09:39:03 AM »

Some of the other unavailable DVDs I got are The Victors, which I've never seen, Run Wild, Run Free, Scream Of Fear, Wichita (with Joel McCrea), several interesting B-westerns, The Virgin Soldiers, That Darn Cat and The Truth About Spring (both with Hayley Mills), Isadora, Jeanne Eagles, Inside Daisy Clover, The Big Mouth, Three On A Couch, and Hook, Line, and Sinker (the latter three Jerry Lewis films), all in anamorphic transfers.  

Which westerns did you get BK?

Jason

« Reply #181 on: July 26, 2007, 09:41:46 AM »

DR Jose has a loverly apartment...it's quite spacious.

I need to get ready to go into the city. I don't want to just yet, but I need to. And I'm trying to figure out what to have for lunch. I'm starting back with Weight Watcher's today after my week-long vacation, so I need to get back into the swing of counting my points...

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #182 on: July 26, 2007, 09:43:04 AM »

PAGE SEVEN IT BAND DANCE!!!!

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #183 on: July 26, 2007, 09:43:25 AM »

Have a good meeting, DR Jason!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #184 on: July 26, 2007, 09:44:15 AM »

Am I the only person here who wonders why DRs Jason and Jose are not roommates?

Three little words:  Conflict Of Interest.

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #185 on: July 26, 2007, 09:48:42 AM »

...-Oh, and a fire escape too.
For when Barnum is in town!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #186 on: July 26, 2007, 10:04:59 AM »

I'm up and have done the e-mails and morning telephonic calls.  One e-mail I received was most amusing.  It was about our Sondheim CD - and its writer went on and on about how wonderful it was and how "historic" it was, and the love letter the CD had gotten in the Sondheim Review.  The writer then went on to ask what had happened, why more people didn't know about the release - had Kritzerland dropped the ball, etc.  Funnily, the way in which it was worded sounded exactly like several postings made on Internet chat boards (minus the Kritzerland chastisement) - said postings revealed to have been written by the producers of the CD (that was obvious to me the minute I read them, because they have a certain "style" of writing.  I responded as nicely as I could and suggested that if the author of the letter knew about the CD then the word is out at least that much.  I'm keeping the e-mail, however - you never know when it might come in handy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #187 on: July 26, 2007, 10:06:43 AM »

RLP - Gary and Bernadette don't ring a bell, but I knew Bobby Hoffman very well.  He was a wonderful guy - I met him on my very first guest shot - The Young Lawyers.  He was the dialogue coach on the show, and he sort of took me under his wing and helped me adjust for the camera and not be so nervous.  Later, he was the dialogue coach on Happy Days, and I saw him many times over the years.

singdaw

« Reply #188 on: July 26, 2007, 10:14:41 AM »

They might fight over who is the greater Sondheim fan.

;)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #189 on: July 26, 2007, 10:17:23 AM »

Time to haul myself to work.  Der Brucer won't get fed until late tonight, poor guy.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

MBarnum

« Reply #190 on: July 26, 2007, 10:17:30 AM »

That probably would have been a good idea, but I got tired of messing with this (checking all this stuff out on the internet takes time!) and it was like a puzzle with trying to find something while Case was there for Bukowsical and then for him and BJ (not mine, but DH and I were willing to adopt him for a month) for The Brain and then when I come for that week -- that I finally said screw this, took the plunge, and went with what I hope will work.  It's looks nice enough on the website (if indeed that's the place -- I'm such a cynic!) and it is literally right around the corner from the Acorn. 431 West 44th, Apt. 2.  It was listed as Midtown but it's actually in Hell's Kitchen -- yeaa! the Old Irish gangs' stomping ground -- we ought to fit right in, ruffians that we are -- and maybe no one will mug us since we're Irish....and if you check it out and it's a dive, do I want to know... or not....

....there's no icon of a yellow face sweating, I mean, perspiring....

That is right by DR Rodzinski's apartment. So all should be well.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #191 on: July 26, 2007, 10:18:18 AM »

;D
What, you can't share boyfriends?

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #192 on: July 26, 2007, 10:18:32 AM »

Animosity Abounds!

;D

Perhaps you should hire Oscar the Retirement Home Kitty to pay her a little visit.  He evidently works wonders.   ;D
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

FJL

« Reply #193 on: July 26, 2007, 10:19:07 AM »

Got a question from the tax office that looked really complicated, but then got a follow up hours later that the complicated part was solved and all I had to do was answer one small portion of the question - luckily, I hadn't gotten to start working on it before getting the call not to do the complicated part.  It's great when that happens.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #194 on: July 26, 2007, 10:23:58 AM »

The Brain From Planet X...
Invasion USA... (now you've got me singing the song)

I have a funny feeling that this is a different INVASION USA than the one I worked on. (Which also features my DH's childhood home being blown to smithereens, before I'd even met him!)
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #195 on: July 26, 2007, 10:24:49 AM »

;D

The mind boggles....
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

singdaw

« Reply #196 on: July 26, 2007, 10:25:44 AM »

For those who want to know more about what happens to the surviving Potter characters after the epilogue of the recently published final volume, you can read the author's comments HERE, but  **spoiler alert**: don't follow this link unless you've finished book 7!!!

Edisaurus

« Reply #197 on: July 26, 2007, 10:25:59 AM »

Cillaliz, I was so disappointed that you would not be able to go. As I'm also self-employed, I totally understood your dilemma. But now I'm THRILLED that you will be joining the party! Wheeeeee!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #198 on: July 26, 2007, 10:26:59 AM »

What, you can't share boyfriends?

Perhaps the claws come out whenever the topic of who is the "ginchiest" comes up!

;D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Edisaurus

« Reply #199 on: July 26, 2007, 10:30:53 AM »

Was sleeping well until an upset stomach awakened me at 6 a.m.

I had to get up at 4:30 PM after going to bed at midnight, so I could take my DH to the airport. He's now up in NY in Margaret Whiting's apartment as we speak---er---type, setting up for her interview.

Yaaaaawwwwnnnnn!

At least I'm working on a very exciting CLOSER. If Kyra is nominated for an episode next year, I bet 308-MANHUNT, will be the choice. It has everything! (This will air a week from next Monday.)

Ben

« Reply #200 on: July 26, 2007, 10:37:07 AM »

Michael Barnum, I think your package has arrived. I got a notice from the mailman to pick something up at our post office. I will do so after work and then take the contents out to Long Island with me tomorrow.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #201 on: July 26, 2007, 10:39:22 AM »

On the next Desert Island over I'd have:

The Way We Were
Hello, Dolly!
Finian's Rainbow
The Unsinkable Molly Brown
Mary Poppins
West Side Story
The Music Man
Gypsy
Funny Face
The King and I

Edisaurus

« Reply #202 on: July 26, 2007, 10:40:04 AM »

Animosity Abounds!

OK, I think that the last weekend of September we should gather all the HHWers for a BIG party at Jose's apartment. A big, raucous party. With lots of grilling!

Edisaurus

« Reply #203 on: July 26, 2007, 10:42:34 AM »

it is literally right around the corner from the Acorn.

Party #2!

And that's a great neighborhood, as Fred & Skip would agree. I have spent much time right there!

Cillaliz

« Reply #204 on: July 26, 2007, 10:45:21 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And I had a bad dream last night.  Well, a very unsettling one at the least...

I was the musical director/musical for a show.  I think Jack O'Brien was the director - or at least someone who looked like him.  And Carol Burnett was one of the stars, if not thee star.  It seemed the rehearsals were going relatively well, and then when it came time for a major run-thru, as soon as I started playing the Overture (on the piano), Ms. Burnett comes over to me, and grabs my wrists while I'm trying to play.  WHAT?!?!?!?  I hear the director - Jack O'Brien?? - start to yell something while looking over at me.  I try to show him that Carol is literally preventing me from playing.  Someone calls, "Hold!", and they start to reset for the top of the show.  Then the director comes over to me, "I'm sorry, but we have some other people interested in doing the show."  WHAT?!?!?  -I wasn't even sure if I was fired.  In any case...

What was really weird was that this dream occurred in stages.  I remember waking up after part of the dream to go to the bathroom...  Then the dream continued... Then I remember getting up out of bed to turn my alarm off, then getting back in to bed to laze for a while... Then the dream continued again... So...

Just plain weird.  And I think I may need to head to the Reservoir for a light jog to help clear it all out of my head.  And maybe even scream a little bit.  ???

Hope you don't run into Carol Burnett, who knows what you would do  ;)

Cillaliz

« Reply #205 on: July 26, 2007, 10:48:50 AM »

Evict the Bitch!

That's exactly what I was thinking, but could never be as eloquent about it as you are DR Elmore....can't wait to see you

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #206 on: July 26, 2007, 10:52:23 AM »

Hope you don't run into Carol Burnett, who knows what you would do  ;)

;)

I'd probably just start laughing hysterically while she starts to run away from me.  ;D

However, I'm still trying to picture who the director was in my dream.  I only said Jack O'Brien because the guy sort of looked like Jack O'Brien, and I sensed he was someone BIG in the biz, so...  Now that I think of it, it could have been Bob Avian since I've been around ACL the past couple of days with him in the theatre.  Who knows?  Of course, if I ever come across "Jack O'Brien" on the street, or worse, at an audition, who knows how I'll react.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #207 on: July 26, 2007, 10:52:48 AM »

Well, a surprise meeting has been suggested.  However, each time we've tried to do that, the boyfriend has been over.  So... However, if worse comes to worse, the boyfriend may just have to leave the apartment for a bit.  -And since he already has a set of keys... :-\

And, yes, I did think of leaving the hamburgers in her room, on her bed.  Along with the Fresh Direct boxes that she forget - twice! - to put out for recycling.

Or maybe you tell her you're having a meeting and if the boyfriend is there and she doesn't want him to leave...let him hear it.  

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #208 on: July 26, 2007, 10:53:17 AM »

OK, I think that the last weekend of September we should gather all the HHWers for a BIG party at Jose's apartment. A big, raucous party. With lots of grilling!

Actually, I was thinking of hosting something here while the gang is in town.  Most likely a brunch.  -Like I've been hinting at doing for the past year or so.  Guess it's time to make good on the promise.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #209 on: July 26, 2007, 10:55:19 AM »

Or maybe you tell her you're having a meeting and if the boyfriend is there and she doesn't want him to leave...let him hear it.  

Well... We all have the feeling that if she did indeed want him to stay here, she'd want him to sit right next to her during the meeting.  As a shield, as it were.  And/or a shelter.  So... It just needs to be the four of us.  And if not...  Well, there's gonna be a whole lotta writing on the dry erase board on the fridge!
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15   Go Up