Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: THE APPROACHING CLOCK  (Read 45169 times)

Cillaliz

Re:THE APPROACHING CLOCK
« Reply #210 on: July 26, 2007, 10:56:46 AM »

Cillaliz, I was so disappointed that you would not be able to go. As I'm also self-employed, I totally understood your dilemma. But now I'm THRILLED that you will be joining the party! Wheeeeee!

Thanks Edi - I am thrilled to. I agonized over the decision for days before I finally decided I couldn't go...the universe must have other things in mind because it was the day after I decided that it became possible. Funny how that happens

singdaw

« Reply #211 on: July 26, 2007, 10:56:48 AM »

BEWARE!!
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #212 on: July 26, 2007, 10:57:02 AM »

Got a question from the tax office that looked really complicated, but then got a follow up hours later that the complicated part was solved and all I had to do was answer one small portion of the question - luckily, I hadn't gotten to start working on it before getting the call not to do the complicated part.  It's great when that happens.

That is great when that happens.  And I just had a sort of similar experience here.  There had been too annoying phone calls I had to make, and I finally made them today, just a few minutes ago.  And, surprisingly - and relieved-ly - they were totally non-annoying and, in fact, quite pleasant.  It's great when that happens. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #213 on: July 26, 2007, 10:58:02 AM »

BEWARE!!
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]

LET GO OF MY HANDS BI-YATCH!!!!!!!

However, love the dress.  Did you find that in the window?
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #214 on: July 26, 2007, 10:58:21 AM »

OK, I think that the last weekend of September we should gather all the HHWers for a BIG party at Jose's apartment. A big, raucous party. With lots of grilling!

And we could eat in her room and leave our used plates and cups there, because it was raining so we couldn't find the garbage can or the sink
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 11:00:32 AM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #215 on: July 26, 2007, 11:00:56 AM »

Ok, gotta get back to work, I have an appointment arriving soon....

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #216 on: July 26, 2007, 11:01:43 AM »

Oh, and I did my stretching too.  The unfortunate part of having my IT band flare up again is that I'm supposed to not run or jog.  At all.  Until it gets back to normal.  :-\  I made a stop at the Runner's Store in the Time-Warner Center, and one of the very-helpful clerks in there showed me a few stretches, and also suggested an inexpensive wrap-thingy that helps alleviate the pain.  -And would make it possible for me to do some light jogging.  So...  I also need to get a new pair of shoes since my daily ones seem to be worn out - which probably contributed to my present condition.
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #217 on: July 26, 2007, 11:01:55 AM »

And we could eat in her room and leave our used plates and cups there, because it was raining so we couldn't find the garbage can or the sink

And we didn't want to make a mess, so we just hid them under the bed.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #218 on: July 26, 2007, 11:05:33 AM »

Of course, that would be only after I order so much food from Fresh Direct that I have to put her stuff in the fridge in other places, and leave the remaining boxes in the dining room... And, of course, I would use her mini-food processor and good knives too.  -But, I would at least know just how much liquid you can put into a food processor before it all starts leaking out the hole in the middle.  *I will say, she has never used my good knives, she has her own set.  And she asked to use my big food processor before using it, and I even showed her how to set it up, and the fill lines.  However, I could not prevent all that olive oil and red wine vinegar from getting all over the counter-tops and dripping down onto the cabinets.  -Which, in her defense, she did clean up.  Just sayin', that's all.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

singdaw

« Reply #219 on: July 26, 2007, 11:06:05 AM »

And we didn't want to make a mess, so we just hid them under the bed.

Along with a few leftover hamburger patties...

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #220 on: July 26, 2007, 11:06:48 AM »

OK....BASTA![/b]

Onto more pleasant topics.

I hope.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

singdaw

« Reply #221 on: July 26, 2007, 11:07:09 AM »

However, love the dress.  Did you find that in the window?

;D

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #222 on: July 26, 2007, 11:07:32 AM »

Along with a few leftover hamburger patties...

Don't forget the hamburger buns and cheese!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #223 on: July 26, 2007, 11:09:52 AM »

Well, I believe I'm gonna head out for a bit.  Maybe a stroll in the park.  Maybe a movie.  Maybe even a show later tonight.  We'll see.  I just need to get out of the apartment for a bit.  Fresh air - even fresh summer air...  in NYC - is always a good thing.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #224 on: July 26, 2007, 11:25:45 AM »

Regarding the finding of a home for Carolyn Kearney's dog: Her son Charlie's e-mail that went out to people this morning. If anyone can help or even offer vibes for finding this wonderful dog a wonderful home ASAP, it would be very much appreciated.

To my LA friends and those who may have friends there:

I called a few of you about this yesterday but, in case you'd like to pass on information to others via an e-mail or printing something out, this mini mass e-mail might be of assistance. This situation is pretty time-sensitive so I am doing all I can to achieve a prompt solution so, in advance, I thank all of you for any help you can provide. I'll delay the suspense no further:

A few weeks ago my stepfather, Alan Hirshfeld, suffered a serious stroke. The ramifications of this event are many and varied, but all indications suggest that, though he is showing episodes of partial recovery, it is unlikely that he will ever be able to fully look after himself again and, accordingly, will never again be able to look after CODA, the Golden Retreiver I gave him and my late Mother when I decided to move to New York.

So, the effort has begun to find CODA a new, loving home. Naturally, I will not consider sending him to a shelter with cages, etc... Currently, he is staying with my Aunt, Sylvia. Her home is located near the LA/West Hollyood border in the hills above the intersection of Sunset and Doheny. If you or anyone you know would like to see CODA, let me know and I will put you in touch with Sylvia to arrange a meeting.

Here is some bullet-points about our pooch:

-He is a male and was born on February 25th, 1999.

-I bought him in Lanacaster, CA. from a professional, AKC-affiliated breeder who deals exclusively with "Goldens".

-He was fixed at 5 months and, as a result, has a naturally sweet temperment. He has all his shots and, just the other day, was fully checked at the vet.

-Coda is the son of 2 well-bred Goldens. At least one of them was a champion with a "show" history.

-Coda's life has never known a day without love and attention and, therefor, he has a loyal nature and is instinctively protective of his environment.

-He adores children and would be a welcome asset to any loving family and, to be sure, he is always in the mood to play, go for a walk, to the beach, etc... Naturally, he is fully housebroken and does not bite.

So, those are the basics. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask me. You all have my e-mail and contact info.

Though this adoption may not feasible for you personally, if any of you happen to know of a couple or family in LA or vicinity who might be interested in CODA, feel free to put me in touch with them or give them my e-mail or phone #.

On behalf of Alan, I thank all of you very much for your help.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #225 on: July 26, 2007, 11:29:39 AM »

He was, and we were, thinking that, too, but the more we talked about it, the more that old saying "How are guests/company like fish -- after three days they go bad .. get smelly...should be thrown out ... are no longer intriguing ... etc."

That only happens when DR MBarnum visits.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #226 on: July 26, 2007, 11:33:32 AM »

We - meaning the other three people who live here - know that she will be expressing some "hard feelings".  And we've known this for the past couple of weeks.  But, again, each time we've tried to set up a meeting, something just seems to come up.  The "lead roommate" here - who also happens to be one of her oldest friends - is sending her an e-mail today to ask when she'd be available for a meeting with everyone else.  And he's also going to be up front about some of the issues that have come up over the past couple of weeks.  Alas, these issues happen to coincide with her new relationship, boyfriend.  So, yes, we know there's bound to be some hard feelings.  *And the elephant in the room is the fact that she told us two weeks ago that she had had a set of keys made for her boyfriend so that he come over after his double-shifts at work.  At 6:00AM.  Of course, she made the set of keys before asking/telling any of us.

Ask her what % of the Rent the Boyfriend will be paying!

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #227 on: July 26, 2007, 11:35:10 AM »

Well, I need to do some stretching.  My IT (ilio-tibial) Band is acting up again, so...

Another euphemism?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #228 on: July 26, 2007, 11:37:01 AM »

They might fight over who is the greater Sondheim fan.

;)

Or jobs in Central Park!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #229 on: July 26, 2007, 11:38:34 AM »

Another euphemism?

Given that it's a "band," I'm thinking it's a euphonious euphemism.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #230 on: July 26, 2007, 11:39:01 AM »

That's exactly what I was thinking, but could never be as eloquent about it as you are DR Elmore....can't wait to see you
:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #231 on: July 26, 2007, 11:39:52 AM »

As long as Carol Burnett is appearing in people's dreams, I'm wondering who, today, is like Carol Burnett, then?  I'm talking very warm, very funny, powerhouse singers between 40-54, lovable and wacky, not a particularly contemporary feel...
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

singdaw

« Reply #232 on: July 26, 2007, 11:53:47 AM »

As long as Carol Burnett is appearing in people's dreams, I'm wondering who, today, is like Carol Burnett, then?  I'm talking very warm, very funny, powerhouse singers between 40-54, lovable and wacky, not a particularly contemporary feel...

Faith Prince?
Kristin Chenoweth?

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #233 on: July 26, 2007, 11:56:56 AM »

My thoughts, for what it's worth (which is absolutely nothing):

1. Only people whose names are on the lease and who pay rent should have keys.

2. For those folks who don't eat hamburgers, perhaps you could roast a chicken. Be sure to remove the giblets and put them in the trash (which goes under her bed, since you can't find the trash can because it is raining). Rotting chicken bits are the worst!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #234 on: July 26, 2007, 11:57:58 AM »

Noel, GOOD BACKING VIBES!!  

François

« Reply #235 on: July 26, 2007, 11:58:33 AM »

Faith Prince?
Kristin Chenoweth?

One name in my book: Judy Kaye!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #236 on: July 26, 2007, 12:04:46 PM »

Hoo and Ray! Francois is back!!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

singdaw

« Reply #237 on: July 26, 2007, 12:04:59 PM »

DR François, WELCOME BACK!!!!!   :D :D :D

Hope you enjoyed your vacation.  We have missed you terribly!

MBarnum

« Reply #238 on: July 26, 2007, 12:06:57 PM »

My thoughts, for what it's worth (which is absolutely nothing):

1. Only people whose names are on the lease and who pay rent should have keys.

2. For those folks who don't eat hamburgers, perhaps you could roast a chicken. Be sure to remove the giblets and put them in the trash (which goes under her bed, since you can't find the trash can because it is raining). Rotting chicken bits are the worst!

Never toss the giblets, that is the best part of the chicken!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15   Go Up