Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Down

Author Topic: PERSNICKETY  (Read 38286 times)

Tomovoz

Re:PERSNICKETY
« Reply #300 on: August 29, 2007, 04:48:02 PM »

Hoping  for good Freddy news.
Perhaps he  has gone off to search for high button shoes or boots  with Freddie.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #301 on: August 29, 2007, 04:48:59 PM »

DR Jose is keeping company with Freddo. (NOT a LotR reference).
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #302 on: August 29, 2007, 05:02:37 PM »

No....but it would be closer if the name were "Frodo"!

;)
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #303 on: August 29, 2007, 05:12:05 PM »

Sherlock, as did Echo & Belle, loves popcorn.  He is basically on a corn free diet, except when Keith & Sherlock have popcorn together.

Jane

« Reply #304 on: August 29, 2007, 05:17:41 PM »

That's the spirit, Jane.  Just because that shady-looking airport policeman says it means something ugly doesn't mean that's what it meant.  From the looks of him, I'm betting he has had a "troubled" past himself.

;D  If I heard or saw someone tapping their foot I would just think it was a nervous twitch.

Peering through the door crack of the stall more than once, & playing footsie with me, that would be somewhat scary.

Jane

« Reply #305 on: August 29, 2007, 05:23:53 PM »

Maybe Jane would like one for Sherlock:

It looks to flimsy for Sherlock.  I wouldn't want him to get sick over Vick, the man has done enough damage to dogs.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 05:25:19 PM by Jane »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #306 on: August 29, 2007, 05:27:16 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Well, I'm clean, the bathroom is clean, and even the living room is clean.  OH!  And I even managed to do some tidying up in my bedroom.  -Ya know, just in case some nosey guests decided to peek in my room during the party.

And now...

Or..........................?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #307 on: August 29, 2007, 05:30:16 PM »

Dakota, Singdaw thanks for the Yogi vibes.  There has been some definite improvement today.  He has more energy, is eating better & is being more affectionate.  

Thanks td.  What they need is a dog behaviorist, not a trainer, unless the person is both.  

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #308 on: August 29, 2007, 05:33:47 PM »

My mother has been in the hospital for the last week or so (this time around anyway), and i was there at 4 this morning because she finally passed.   Painlessly, I think.  I tell you all this because you are one of the most genuinely caring groups i know.   My mother had many holes in her lungs (which restricted her quite a bit-although she still managed to get to the grocery store and what not).  She passed away more or less how she wanted: her body, mind and money all gave out more or less at the same time (unlike many in the family).  

So I guess I'm an "orphling' (Margaret O'Brien in "Meet Me in St. Louis"?)

If asked to say anything at the memorial service, my only words will be, "This is Mrs. Norman Maine."  My mother (and maybe even Judy Garland) would get a kick out of it; I think.

Thank you all for just being there.

Oh Kerry, my heart goes out to you.  My heart-felt prayers and sympathy to you, your family, and to everyone who was ever touched by knowing her during her lifetime.
“One thing’s universal,

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #309 on: August 29, 2007, 05:49:22 PM »

We set a record here today. Today is the 29th day of 110+ degrees so far this year.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #310 on: August 29, 2007, 05:51:56 PM »

There is good news for Senator Craig.  If he is forced to resign, there is a theater company in San Francisco that is doing an all-male version of FOLLIES and they want him for the Yvonne De Carlo role.

"I'm Still Queer"
[/i]
“One thing’s universal,

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #311 on: August 29, 2007, 05:59:23 PM »

Such Good Friends is now on the Broadway Bullet podcast.  It's a little past sixteen minutes in, and lasts for roughly 15 minutes.

I sing, and actually get most of the music and lyrics right!

http://broadwaybullet.com/ is the place to go.  They've instructions on how to hear it.  Enjoy.
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

Jane

« Reply #312 on: August 29, 2007, 06:04:35 PM »

Noel-Nice!

Tomovoz, good news Peter won’t have to stay in the hospital the next three weeks.  I’m wishing ontinued health vibes to him.

Ginny I think it is nice you will celebrate DS Rob’s birthday by not going to work.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #313 on: August 29, 2007, 06:11:23 PM »

Such Good Friends is now on the Broadway Bullet podcast.  It's a little past sixteen minutes in, and lasts for roughly 15 minutes.

http://broadwaybullet.com/ is the place to go.  They've instructions on how to hear it.  Enjoy.

Cool!  I can't listen to it until I get home, but I'm leaving work now, so I'll get to listen to it. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #314 on: August 29, 2007, 06:11:42 PM »

Until later, all. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

singdaw

« Reply #315 on: August 29, 2007, 06:14:12 PM »

Noel, thanks for sharing the link.  I'll be sure to make time to listen.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #316 on: August 29, 2007, 06:22:12 PM »

Very impressive, Noel!
“One thing’s universal,

Tomovoz

« Reply #317 on: August 29, 2007, 06:26:20 PM »

Tomovoz, good news Peter won’t have to stay in the hospital the next three weeks.  I’m wishing continued health vibes to him.

Thanks Jane.
James Thurber 1957

Ginny

« Reply #318 on: August 29, 2007, 06:50:04 PM »

DR Noel - thanks for sharing this link with us.  I enjoyed the podcast very much and am looking forward to seeing your show!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #319 on: August 29, 2007, 06:58:43 PM »

My condolences DR Kerry.....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Ginny

« Reply #320 on: August 29, 2007, 06:59:03 PM »

DR TCB - How's your shoulder?  Maybe you need to come to Ohio and get your second opinion from DH Richard's hunk surgeon.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #321 on: August 29, 2007, 07:01:07 PM »

Now I am really bummed about not being in New York in September.  Not only will I be missing the New York New Musical Trifecta (BRAIN, STARFIGHTER, and FRIENDS); but I will also be missing the new production of THE RITZ at Studio 54.

My life is ruined!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #322 on: August 29, 2007, 07:05:50 PM »

DR TCB - How's your shoulder?  Maybe you need to come to Ohio and get your second opinion from DH Richard's hunk surgeon.

It has now been 48 hours since I received the cortisone injection, and frankly, I am not impressed.  Yesterday it burned like a mother........, but today it feels exactly the same as it did before Dr. Hunk laid hands on me.  He said to give it until the weekend, but come Tuesday morning I just may be booking a flight to Ohio.  WARN THE BEASTS AND THE HUNKS!

« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 07:08:34 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #323 on: August 29, 2007, 07:06:35 PM »

Continued vibes for Peter...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #324 on: August 29, 2007, 07:06:54 PM »

Health Vibes to DH Richard, TCB and MBarnum....

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #325 on: August 29, 2007, 07:07:48 PM »

This just in.........

My beautiful microwave just gave up the ghost, apparently forever.
“One thing’s universal,

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #326 on: August 29, 2007, 07:19:01 PM »

That stinks.....

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #327 on: August 29, 2007, 07:19:45 PM »

Actually, DR Jose was keeping company tonight with me and the Gilfrys!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #328 on: August 29, 2007, 07:21:33 PM »

Now I am really bummed about not being in New York in September.  Not only will I be missing the New York New Musical Trifecta (BRAIN, STARFIGHTER, and FRIENDS); but I will also be missing the new production of THE RITZ at Studio 54.

My life is ruined!

All I care about is that it ain't over!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Tomovoz

« Reply #329 on: August 29, 2007, 07:21:54 PM »

Actually, DR Jose was keeping company tonight with me and the Gilfrys!
And didn't share his Freddo?
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Up