Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: FRUITY MORSELS  (Read 30532 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:FRUITY MORSELS
« Reply #210 on: November 16, 2007, 10:53:40 AM »

Keith and Jane get a free pass for the pin-up poster.    ;)

;D

Jane

« Reply #211 on: November 16, 2007, 10:55:25 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SKIP, DP OF DR FJL!

[/color]  [/b]

Jane

« Reply #212 on: November 16, 2007, 11:00:55 AM »

How about the BONES - HOUSE combo?

we were very unhappy with HOUSE last season. so far this season it has been very interesting.  We found the last episode of BONES a bit weak.

Jane

« Reply #213 on: November 16, 2007, 11:02:12 AM »

Always love BONES but HOUSE has been more inconsistent for me this season. The number of doctors (with their own agendas) attempting to get on his team have split the stories into sometimes mind-boggling attempts to solve the medical mystery of the week. I kind of miss the show from its first two seasons.

I read this after posting- ;D

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #214 on: November 16, 2007, 11:03:13 AM »

TOD:

Car CD Player:  Meet the Robinsons Soundtrack.  Because I happen to love it.

Books:  The Four Seasons: A History of America's Premier Restaurant, by John Mariani with Alex Von Bidder.  Because I hapen to enjoy this kind of stuff.

And something called Redrum Ta Doowylloh Hgih.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #215 on: November 16, 2007, 11:06:01 AM »

A Very Happy Birthday to FJL's Skip!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #216 on: November 16, 2007, 11:08:14 AM »

My sister started counting backwards once she hit 60 (she is so much older than I am, LOL).  In another few years, I will be older than she.   ;D

;D  my sister did the same thing & I did become the older sister, which i didn't appreciate.

Jane

« Reply #217 on: November 16, 2007, 11:11:58 AM »

My, my sense of humor is strange today.

There are some people who don't get my sense of humor--ever.

;D

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #218 on: November 16, 2007, 11:14:29 AM »

Have to head to work very soon.  Another day running the Self Scan registers.

A new development: Whoever is running Self Scan gets to wear a red shirt, special for the self can registers, with the logo "Checkout Solutions" stitched over the right breast.  Supposedly, the red shirt makes it easier to spot the person assisting on the self scan registers.

And I do mean these shirts are RED!  They are more flaming than your average fire engine, that's how red they are.  The guys serving on the Starship Enterprise had tamer looking red shirts.  (And we all know what happened to them!)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jane

« Reply #219 on: November 16, 2007, 11:21:17 AM »

That's MY story.  I knew I wanted a camera, but I also didn't want to have one and my mom NOT have one, so I determined to buy her one for Christmas.  

And, as it turns out, it was my subconscious' intention that whatever I found that I thought good enough for my mom would ALSO be good enough for me.  

So...I ordered two of everything...the camera, the accessories, extra memory card.  And now I'm teaching myself the ins and outs of using the camera so I can more easily get her into using hers BEFORE she opens the instruction manual and freaks out over the tons of options it affords her and the iconography that goes along with the options.

That's really nice. :D  I'm sure your mother is going to appreciate it very much.

singdaw

« Reply #220 on: November 16, 2007, 11:21:39 AM »

Supposedly, the red shirt makes it easier to spot the person assisting on the self scan registers.

Are you sure they weren't thinking of this?

Ben

« Reply #221 on: November 16, 2007, 11:23:01 AM »

Happy Birthday to one of the many Dear Partners who doesn't post - Skip!!!

singdaw

« Reply #222 on: November 16, 2007, 11:25:49 AM »

Ah, yes - the untapped market of a support group in need of relief - the HHW Dear Partners!

Jane

« Reply #223 on: November 16, 2007, 11:26:04 AM »

Ginny-GO BLUE!  That reminds me, since my Michigan sweat shirt is a hand-me-down from Craig I keep meaning to check if it will fit over my splint.  

Great stories about the computers & the cell phones.

Jane

« Reply #224 on: November 16, 2007, 11:26:30 AM »

Jrand, pretty tree across the street.

Any news?

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #225 on: November 16, 2007, 11:27:23 AM »

I don't know about a paperback, but at that time there was a book entitled The Ridiculously Expensive Mad, which sounds like what you're describing.  It is a VERY rare book now - and very hard to find with all its inserts and records complete.  I have a Gaines file copy that is obviously never been opened and will remain that way - it's probably one of a kind now - and I have another copy with all its inserts and everything save for one introductory piece of paper.

I, too, have the earlier version of the MAD CD-Rom.  At one point a few years ago before the bad business, when I had to get rid of a lot of stuff, I had excellent copies of every issue of MAD through about 220.

That's it, BK!!  (I said it was a hardback--not sure where the paperback comment came from).  I can't believe I finally have the title.  My parents gave away all my books when I left for college, including that, and a complete collection of mint Mad's from 1966-1974 or so.  Aaaargh!!
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ben

« Reply #226 on: November 16, 2007, 11:31:51 AM »

Do any of you Dear Reader Musical Theater Mavens have access to the following pieces of sheet music?

A friend is planning a concert with his local Gay and Lesbian chorus (in Tucson). The group is having trouble finding two of the numbers they want to perform. I know one of the numbers quite well but I don't know where to find the sheet music. The other number (and show from which it was performed) I've heard of but I've never seen the cast album (only on LP) or a vocal score.

The first one is Pour le Sport, the early Stephen Sondheim piece which is most well know because it was in the 1981 musical compilation called Marry Me a Little. I haven't seen, nor has my friend, a vocal score for the show. The NY Public Library doesn't have a copy of that particular score and none of the on-line sheet music stores seems to have it.

It's the same situation with the second song, What is a Queen? from Al Carmines' show The Faggot, a 1973 Off-Broadway. I've heard some songs from Promenade and W.C (a show about W.C. Fields) but nothing from The Faggot. Does anyone know where we might find sheet music for the song?

singdaw

« Reply #227 on: November 16, 2007, 11:36:12 AM »

Ben:  I can help you with the Sondheim.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #228 on: November 16, 2007, 11:57:06 AM »

DR George, I received a little something in the mail from you. Thanks so much. That should keep me occupied and out of trouble!

Yea!!  I hope it all works out!! ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #229 on: November 16, 2007, 11:58:50 AM »

One "near fine" copy of The Ridiculously Expensive Mad with all inserts intact is on its way to me (or will be soon).  It was, in fact, ridiculously expensive.  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ginny

« Reply #230 on: November 16, 2007, 11:59:57 AM »

Off to get my flu shot and then to join DH Richard for a tour of the new senior citizens' facility that's been built in our neighborhood.  Do we know how to party on a Friday night or what?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

singdaw

« Reply #231 on: November 16, 2007, 12:02:59 PM »

for a tour of the new senior citizens' facility that's been built in our neighborhood.

DR Ginny, take DR elmore3003 along.  I know he's been scouting real estate for DR MBarnum!  ;)

td

• td
« Reply #232 on: November 16, 2007, 12:17:05 PM »

Well that dance photo didn't work...but John still wants to dance...so will try this one!

I WILL dance. . .with John.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #233 on: November 16, 2007, 12:20:36 PM »

Ben, Michael Lavine can probably help you with THE FAGGOT song.
If you need his email address, let me know.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #234 on: November 16, 2007, 12:25:52 PM »

TOD:

And something called Redrum Ta Doowylloh Hgih.

That sounds like a Bollywood movie.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #235 on: November 16, 2007, 12:26:29 PM »

I treated my motor car to a car wash and it looks ever so nice - I hadn't washed it for at least twelve weeks.

singdaw

« Reply #236 on: November 16, 2007, 12:34:12 PM »

I hadn't washed it for at least twelve weeks.

I'll bet Teddy could make it blonde!

singdaw

« Reply #237 on: November 16, 2007, 12:40:59 PM »

The Randy Vicar and the Blonde Motor Car

singdaw

« Reply #238 on: November 16, 2007, 12:43:08 PM »

Since my stoopid, stoopid, stoopid employer is open the day after Thanksgiving next week, I will be joining the family at my mother's new home in New Jersey tomorrow for an early Thanksgiving.

singdaw

« Reply #239 on: November 16, 2007, 12:46:57 PM »

And since we're so very close-
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Up