Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: THE HANDS OF THE CLOCK LOOM LARGE  (Read 43349 times)

Kerry

Re:THE HANDS OF THE CLOCK LOOM LARGE
« Reply #150 on: January 21, 2008, 10:41:23 AM »

TOD:  We saw roadshow performances of "The Sound of Music" at the Vista Theatre in downtown Phoenix, (theatre since torn down)"Brothers Grimm" and "How the West Was Won" at the Kachina Theatre in Scottsdale (theatre replaced by a mall), "Gone With the Wind" (in its 1968 re-release) at the Bethany West Theatre (now a grocery store).  The last movie I  remember having roadshow performances was "Dr. Zhivago" at the Cine-Capri theatre (now a bank building).
I like boat races.

FJL

« Reply #151 on: January 21, 2008, 10:43:08 AM »

BUGLESS MACARTHUR:  I SHALL RETURN - my new film about an exterminator-defying army of insects

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #152 on: January 21, 2008, 10:45:08 AM »

As for condom machines...

I still see them here and there.  Although, some of them have been repurposed into vending aspirin, Tylenol, Advil, breath mints, temporary tattoos, etc.

But I do remember the curiosity those machines aroused for me and my brothers when were were younger.  Especially during our two cross-country road trips.  We still can't say "ribbed" without giggling.

And, yes, they do make great water balloons.  ;D
Make Your Own Luck.

singdaw

« Reply #153 on: January 21, 2008, 10:45:37 AM »

fingers in an authentic Italian style

FJL

« Reply #154 on: January 21, 2008, 10:48:46 AM »

It was kind of a "mama mia, that's a delicious meatball" type of finger positioning on Italiannette, IIRC.

Kerry

« Reply #155 on: January 21, 2008, 10:50:52 AM »

As for condom machines...

I still see them here and there.  Although, some of them have been repurposed into vending aspirin, Tylenol, Advil, breath mints, temporary tattoos, etc.

But I do remember the curiosity those machines aroused for me and my brothers when were were younger.  Especially during our two cross-country road trips.  We still can't say "ribbed" without giggling.

And, yes, they do make great water balloons.  ;D

I remember the first time i saw a condom vending machine  AFTER I knew what they were for and was just so intrigued knowing they were there and wondering.
I like boat races.

singdaw

« Reply #156 on: January 21, 2008, 10:51:26 AM »

"mama mia, that's a delicious meatball"

How come they never say that about a matzah ball?

singdaw

« Reply #157 on: January 21, 2008, 10:53:07 AM »

I still see them here and there.

You can get anything you want
At Alice's restaurant.

Or...

Was it the reservoir?

singdaw

« Reply #158 on: January 21, 2008, 10:55:35 AM »

Our discussion of condoms seems to have caused Ann Coulter to appear in the GoogleAd at the top of my page!?!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #159 on: January 21, 2008, 11:20:10 AM »

How come they never say that about a matzah ball?

They do when Betsy makes them!
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #160 on: January 21, 2008, 11:39:44 AM »

DR DAKOTA CELT, Miss Pleshette was not in THAT DARN CAT! It featured Hayley Mills and Dorothy Provine on the distaff side.  Suzanne P. was in THE UGLY DACHSUND, though, if I recall correctly.

DR td thanks for the zip link - I wanted the music but the number of downloads was daunting!

I stand corrected  :)

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #161 on: January 21, 2008, 11:43:53 AM »

Good day one and all, just passing some time before I have to go to work.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Ginny

« Reply #162 on: January 21, 2008, 11:44:55 AM »

Spoo - guess I forgot to log out when I left for the grocery.  Chicken is simmering and smelling good!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #163 on: January 21, 2008, 11:51:27 AM »

(((Elmore))))

Feel better vibes!!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #164 on: January 21, 2008, 11:53:03 AM »

French Tickler.

:o

::)

:-X

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

singdaw

« Reply #165 on: January 21, 2008, 11:57:35 AM »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #166 on: January 21, 2008, 11:57:47 AM »

Our discussion of condoms seems to have caused Ann Coulter to appear in the GoogleAd at the top of my page!?!

mine also...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #167 on: January 21, 2008, 11:58:48 AM »

And as for the brief audition session I played this morning...  Well...

I'm guessing the strange, frustrating dreams I had last night were a harbinger of what I was going to experience this morning.  If I shared the details with you, it would sound like a very "plain" audition.  However, it was far from plain.

There are truly some things that one can not explain.  There are things that defy explanation.  And there are still other things that are probably left better unexplained.  And this morning was all that, and more!

So, instead of sharing the details of the actual audition, I shall share with you my reactions to the audition-

-Where's the camera?  Seriously, where the camera?!?!?

-I am not going to look at the casting director, I am not going to look at the casting director...

-Oh, no!  Did I just laugh out loud?

-Is my smile too big?

-Oh... She writes her own songs...

And then upon exiting the room, I literally fell on the floor and went into the fetal position since it was the only way I could stifle my laughter and shock.  Needless to say, the rest of the staff - who could hear the audition through the door - understood my reaction.   And they all wanted to know what happened in there.  Well...

A few moments after I got up off the floor, the "group" came out of the room... Whew! They didn't see me!  And the "smiling" started all over again.  Alas, we kept getting the "Not yet" signal from the receptionist since the "group" was taking their time getting their coats on in the lobby area. Then after a few knowing glances, I headed out - past the "group"... to the elevators... down to the street... outside the building... walked over two avenues and up three streets...  And Laughed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I still have a bit of that goofy grin on my face almost two hours later.

:)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #168 on: January 21, 2008, 12:00:15 PM »

What soap operas have you been watching that had rough language and sex scenes?  And what channel were they on, and at  what times do they air? ;)

I have seen fanfiction that would rank as an X....

It amazes me who they have doing it to whom...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #169 on: January 21, 2008, 12:04:20 PM »

The Gays of Our Lives?    :P

In my best radio voice of classic soap days....

Will Trevor and Nigel overcome the the difficulties of they face to encounter passion. Will Nigel's mother continue to try and keep them apart.

Tune in tomorrow for another exciting episode of Gays of our Lives.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #170 on: January 21, 2008, 12:06:46 PM »

I think in the late 1980s when they had the last strike, the producers of the show started writing episodes.

In a book I have about Days of our Lives, Maureen Russell had interviewed a number of actors and many of them cited that had no idea where the scripts came from. Managers, producers and scabs continued to the writing.  Like the NYT article stated they do have a bible to work from.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #171 on: January 21, 2008, 12:08:01 PM »

Anyone want to write for the soaps?

Sounds like they'll take almost anyone these days!

Well in the case of a couple of soaps and former soaps it might be an improvement...  There are a few writers or ones that claim to be ones who should not be allowed near pen, paper, typewriter or computer.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #172 on: January 21, 2008, 12:12:32 PM »

Well, I'm about to head back out into the cold.  I got a bit of cleaning done around here, and now I'm going to meet up with some friends, and possibly a movie.  And probably check on DR elmore too since I'll be in his 'hood.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #173 on: January 21, 2008, 12:13:32 PM »

Btw...

"doin' gymnastics" is a really hard lyric to sing.  At least for an eight-year old girl.  But, heck, she wrote it, so... ;D
Make Your Own Luck.

singdaw

« Reply #174 on: January 21, 2008, 12:23:15 PM »

I do have a blog in the works.

Well, that is fantastic news!    :D

singdaw

« Reply #175 on: January 21, 2008, 12:24:30 PM »

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #176 on: January 21, 2008, 12:31:12 PM »

Does "Skip's" deliver?    ;)

IF ONLY!!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #177 on: January 21, 2008, 12:31:37 PM »

Singdaw, singdaw, singdaw....

:)

singdaw

« Reply #178 on: January 21, 2008, 12:33:53 PM »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #179 on: January 21, 2008, 12:39:19 PM »

Yes DR FJL.....it is and she was.

DR JMK that album cover you posted is just so wrong on so many levels....but it does give one pause.....  ;D
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15   Go Up