Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: ALMONDS AND APRICOTS  (Read 27561 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:ALMONDS AND APRICOTS
« Reply #90 on: June 14, 2008, 01:17:54 PM »

Just a question and need some information:  If we did decide to see the revival of South Pacific which is currently sold out for the week we are there, for information purposes, would it be best to use the concierge at the hotel or go through an online ticket broker?  And if the answer is the ticket broker which one would be the better ones, if any?

Check the LCT site on between Sunday and Monday afternoons - that's when the "supposedly" release any unclaimed house seats for the week for public sale.

As for ticket brokers... Eh... Try the concierge at your hotel first since their mark-up is regulated.  Places like StubHub can and do charge exorbitant fees.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #91 on: June 14, 2008, 01:18:15 PM »

Well, since I need to finish getting ready for the rest of my evening...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #92 on: June 14, 2008, 01:19:30 PM »

OH!

DR Ben - If you happen to check in again, please say HI for me to the girls from Binder Casting.  Today is a Lion King call if I'm remembering correctly, and/or an open call for the kids for the Mary Poppins tour.  -If anything, at least say HI to Jenn Rudin for me.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #93 on: June 14, 2008, 01:22:15 PM »

Boy, it sure seems like they go thru the kids in MARY POPPINS.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #94 on: June 14, 2008, 01:25:02 PM »

Boy, it sure seems like they go thru the kids in MARY POPPINS.

I know that isn't true, and I realize this would be for the tour, but it just seems like there have been several MP kid auditions.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #95 on: June 14, 2008, 01:26:17 PM »

I know that isn't true, and I realize this would be for the tour, but it just seems like there have been several MP kid auditions.

I didn't want anyone to think that I was implying white slavery!
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: June 14, 2008, 01:31:45 PM »

Oh, my, I fell asleep again.

Thanks, DRs George and Jeanne, for the vibes!

DR Elmore - I hope there wasn't any "postage due" on the mail you received from me!

Actually there was. The additional postage came to $100.  Send check or money order.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #97 on: June 14, 2008, 01:35:04 PM »

Actually there was. The additional postage came to $100.  Send check or money order.

Oh, I was afraid of that!

;D
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #98 on: June 14, 2008, 01:42:37 PM »

TOD - I like cheese a lot more than someone battling cholesterol issues should.  One of our pizza choices last night when Rob and Mary Linda were here was thin crust Tuscan Six-Cheese from Papa John's:

Mozzarella
Parmesan
Romano
Asiago
Provolone
Fontina

Not as overwhelming as it sounds - it's delicious!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #99 on: June 14, 2008, 01:48:01 PM »

I just sat through a board meeting at which absolutely nothing was accomplished.

Following Hippocrates dictum:  First Do No Harm.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #100 on: June 14, 2008, 01:50:15 PM »

"The Beauty Queen of Leenane."  

A play that demonstrates that the Irish deserve all the pain they get!

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #101 on: June 14, 2008, 02:00:06 PM »

TOD

Gaperon is a cow's milk cheese that dates back to the Punic Wars (264-146 B.C.) from an area of France that wasn't even France at the time. It is a small white cheese flavored with pepper and garlic.

Originating in the French region of the Limagne plain in the Auvegrne district, near the middle of the country, Gaperon has been made and enjoyed for centuries.

Made with partially skimmed pasteurized or unpasteurized cow's milk and at times buttermilk, Gaperon cheese is formed into baseball sized dome-like shapes with flat bottoms that look like little igloos. A very pale off-white colored exterior may be somewhat fuzzy from being inoculated with a stain of penicillium mold (like Brie). This fuzzy or dry rind covers the inner matte white paste of this cheese that is soft and buttery in consistency. The soft pressed curd of the cheese is blended with bits of garlic and cracked peppercorns, formed into it's igloo shape and then allowed to cure. As a unripened cheese the cheese is very soft and the flavor is somewhat tart. However, as it matures the cheese becomes firmer while the added garlic and pepper enhance it, providing an appealing and distinct flavor to this variety of cheese. The result is a cheese with a robust flavor that is perfect as a snack or as an appetizer.

der Brucer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: June 14, 2008, 02:01:59 PM »

Holy smokes.  I stopped by my new favorite used bookstore and did more trading.  And he brought in a little item he thought I might be interested in - and boy, he was correct.  That little item was a first edition of The Music Man.  And a pretty primo one at that (The Music Man is rarely seen in any sort of collector condition).  But, not only was it a very pretty copy of the first edition, it also was signed by Mr. Willson and his ever-lovin' Rini on a tipped in paper.  Not only that, the tipped in piece of paper is from a band concert in June of 1958, a mere six months after Music Man had opened on Broadway - not only that, the band concert took place in Mason City, Iowa, which is, of course, the model for River City.  The trade worked out fine and it's now mine all mine.

Which means, I've now got an extra first edition of The Music Man - not quite as nice a copy, but aside from a slight spine fade and a big crease on the bottom of the front dust jacket panel, it's pretty damn good.  It's a very rare book in first edition (lots of Fireside Theater copies).  So, any hainsies/kimlets who might like to add this to their collection, just drop me an e-mail and I'll tell you the deal - and it's a good deal.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #103 on: June 14, 2008, 02:32:28 PM »

Holy smokes.  I stopped by my new favorite used bookstore and did more trading.  And he brought in a little item he thought I might be interested in - and boy, he was correct.  That little item was a first edition of The Music Man.  And a pretty primo one at that (The Music Man is rarely seen in any sort of collector condition).  But, not only was it a very pretty copy of the first edition, it also was signed by Mr. Willson and his ever-lovin' Rini on a tipped in paper.  Not only that, the tipped in piece of paper is from a band concert in June of 1958, a mere six months after Music Man had opened on Broadway - not only that, the band concert took place in Mason City, Iowa, which is, of course, the model for River City.  The trade worked out fine and it's now mine all mine.

Which means, I've now got an extra first edition of The Music Man - not quite as nice a copy, but aside from a slight spine fade and a big crease on the bottom of the front dust jacket panel, it's pretty damn good.  It's a very rare book in first edition (lots of Fireside Theater copies).  So, any hainsies/kimlets who might like to add this to their collection, just drop me an e-mail and I'll tell you the deal - and it's a good deal.

What?  No autograph?
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: June 14, 2008, 03:07:57 PM »

Yes, someone named Steve something signed it - who he is I have no idea.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #105 on: June 14, 2008, 03:21:03 PM »

Whither Bretty?
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #106 on: June 14, 2008, 03:22:58 PM »

DR George, I lke the new avatar!

Thanks!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #107 on: June 14, 2008, 03:27:54 PM »

And now, I must shower, shave, dress and go to work for a few hours.  After that, I will probably go to a local production of "The Beauty Queen of Leenane."  My friend Kim is playing the daughter.

And my friend, Lynn, is playing the mother.

Cool!  But it turns out that I won't see this tonight.  I bought a ticket for next Saturday.  Tonight, I'm going to see "The Tempest."  I know most of the people in the cast, so I feel that I should see this first. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #108 on: June 14, 2008, 03:29:16 PM »

Have you already seen ROCKY HORROR?

"AARRGGHH!!," he yells, as he hangs his head in shame.  About a half-hour ago, I finally called Harlequin Productions to ask about ushering and was told that ALL of the usher slots are filled!!  And they've sold 106% of tickets...they added seats for even more paying patrons.  They haven't officially announced it, but they have left open days into July for an extention, so I'll start calling next week about that.  And I asked if there's a waiting list for ushering and the guy said that he'd start one.  So HOPEFULLY, I'll get to see it before it's too late. :-\

Tomovoz

« Reply #109 on: June 14, 2008, 03:52:02 PM »

DP and I watched "The Kite Runner" last night.  I've not read the book.

I really enjoyed the movie until the last half hour's return to Kaboul section which was so contrived and unbelievable! Was this a "hollywoodization" of the novel?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #110 on: June 14, 2008, 03:56:51 PM »

TOTD:

King Island Brie!
Camembert (King Island or Gippsland Victoria)

I love deep fried Camembert with spicy plum suauce or with quince.

(I am however on a very limited cheese diet!)

DP and I enjoyed some kind of Cheese from Sheep's Milk  served in Provence.

New Zealand also produces some beautiful cheeses.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #111 on: June 14, 2008, 03:58:59 PM »

This morning I went for a walk, and this is what I saw:
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Ginny

« Reply #112 on: June 14, 2008, 04:14:08 PM »

In today's mail, I received Disc 1 of the HBO John Adams series.  I'm going to sign off so we can watch it here on my computer (steps down into the family room prevent me from using the DVD player).

Bye for now!

George

« Reply #113 on: June 14, 2008, 04:28:25 PM »

This morning I went for a walk, and this is what I saw:

Wow!  That's a great picture! :D

George

« Reply #114 on: June 14, 2008, 04:33:15 PM »

And now, I'm leaving work.  I'm going to my sister's (I forget why), then I'm off to see "The Tempest."

Until later!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #115 on: June 14, 2008, 04:39:57 PM »

We're still on page four?  No one wants this rare Music Man, the cheapest copy of which (in like condition) is around $150?  Believe me, if you drop me an e you will be very happy.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #116 on: June 14, 2008, 04:42:46 PM »

Yesterday DR Kerry and I went for a walk, and this is what we saw:

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #117 on: June 14, 2008, 04:43:53 PM »

Hide your eyes, DR Vixmom!

We saw these spiders that weave a web that has a funnel in the center. If you get too close, they retreat into the hole:

« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 04:45:16 PM by DearReaderLaura »

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #118 on: June 14, 2008, 04:50:49 PM »

Guy Haines crooned to me while I walked this morning.

singdaw

« Reply #119 on: June 14, 2008, 05:17:05 PM »

What a stunning photo, DearReaderLaura DR!!!    :)  :)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up