Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE RUNAWAY LETTER  (Read 26294 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:THE RUNAWAY LETTER
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2008, 07:43:04 AM »

No diet tips to offer. When I eat fewer sweets and amp up the exercise, I lose weight. When I don't do one or both, I gain weight.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2008, 07:46:43 AM »

Page Three WIZARD OF OZ concept art Dance!!

(no such image appears in the finished film)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2008, 07:53:36 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  It's very bright out.

Ginny

« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2008, 07:53:40 AM »

Tuesday morning greetings!  It is blissfully cool here in SW Ohio today.

Surgery vibes to DR Kerry!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

MBarnum

« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2008, 08:16:24 AM »

Diet tip:

Eat several small healthy meals throughout the day (this keeps your metabolism up)

Drink lots of water

Exercise

MBarnum

« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2008, 08:22:52 AM »

BK, I am very sorry about your problems with that journalist. Things like that give writers a bad name.

I have had a few actors and actresses who refuse to do interviews for the simple fact that in the past they have been misquoted or  had something printed that was told to the journalist "off the record."

It is frustrating for me, because I am always very careful when I interview someone. I make certain that the interviewee is happy with the draft of the story before I ever send it to the publisher.

MBarnum

« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2008, 08:24:01 AM »

....and on that note I will ask BK again today...if you see Earl Holliman at that 4th of July party, let him know that someone would like very much to interview him.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2008, 08:31:02 AM »

Well, Dack Rambo obviously wasn't afflicted with trichotillomania!

Nor was his twin Dirk.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2008, 08:35:52 AM »

Good Morning!

TOD: I haven't tried to many diets (obviously) but at this point in my life, apparently hormonal changes have taken effect and I've been packing on pounds at a frightening rate.

A friend of mine joined Weight Watchers last month and encouraged me to go, so I signed up last Saturday. So far I've been able to stick with it )all of 4 days!) and now I'm ready to join a gym. (My old one in Marietta is too far away.) I normally would not even mention this because I wouldn't want anyone to know if I "failed", but with all the great success stories I've heard here, it gives me inspiration and maybe it will put a little more pressure on me not to give up.

The closest gym to me is Curves. I haven't checked it out yet but I bought some cross-training shoes last night, so that's a start!

I realize that it's very easy to follow a diet on my own. Greg will be back from traveling on Thursday (he's actually home now but our scheudles won't meash for dinner) and then I'll have to start figuring out how to make it work for both of us. He likes to work outdoors until it gets dark and then go out to eat, which means dinner after 9. But I'll figure it out.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2008, 08:45:19 AM »

Personally I find nothing in the pull-quote of BK's that anyone could interpret as being critical.

Like Amy, I found that somewhere in my early to mid-40s my metabolism just changed radically and before I knew it, I was pretty overweight.  I've spent the past few years (that's right, FEW years ;) ) learning to readjust.  I think it boils down to common sense--count your calories, count your fat and carbohydrate grams, and make sure to get some exercise each and every day.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Matt H.

« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2008, 08:45:33 AM »

Heading down now to check the mail and get started on preparing lunch.

WBBL.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2008, 08:53:30 AM »

BK, I am very sorry about your problems with that journalist. Things like that give writers a bad name.

I have had a few actors and actresses who refuse to do interviews for the simple fact that in the past they have been misquoted or  had something printed that was told to the journalist "off the record."

It is frustrating for me, because I am always very careful when I interview someone. I make certain that the interviewee is happy with the draft of the story before I ever send it to the publisher.

She was a very nice lady, but clearly was trying to create drama where there was none.  Someone at the Times let one e-mail from this westcoastdrama person make them think there was a story here.  While I differ with elmore about calling The Times a "new" musical, my point was that given the way shows gestate for years and years and years and just keep doing recycled readings and workshops, what's "new" - on the phone she tried to get me to say that the Brain wasn't a new musical, but I simply told her that in today's world it absolutely was, what with ONE reading, then two productions within a year.  It's all semantics over the word "new" and you can't make a mountain out of that particular molehill.  And then we find out that the Times wouldn't cover the Festival because the Festival didn't commission new works.  And when I think back on the Times review of our show, they mention the other productions, so the Times also has some weird agenda.  I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2008, 08:55:46 AM »

....and on that note I will ask BK again today...if you see Earl Holliman at that 4th of July party, let him know that someone would like very much to interview him.

Mr. Holliman has never attended a Tony Slide party.  And the fact is that in almost four years of living in my current home environment, and an additional eight or so years of living two blocks from here in my other home environment, I've only actually seen Mr. Holliman ONCE, driving to his house.  He waved.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2008, 09:01:42 AM »

ri·boon
n.
1. Street Slang assimilation of "ridiculous" (or one worthy of "ridiculing") and "baboon" in context of a cretin, barely functional moron or sub-human life form.

tr.v. ri·booned, ri·boon·ing, ri·boons
1. To utterly dismiss with snarling contempt.
2. To strip away any possible dignity that might otherwise be salvaged.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Edisaurus

« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2008, 09:03:03 AM »

Riboon: The rib of a baboon?
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #75 on: July 01, 2008, 09:05:39 AM »

I am also dealing with inaccuracies in our local paper today. They're also miscalculating something to create a little drama. Although I like the drama they are creating, (involving certain developers) I want them to have the facts straight so the whole story doesn't seem invalid.

They apparently do not understand math.

Ginny

« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2008, 09:06:03 AM »

TOD - I am trying not to think about what 6 weeks of sitting around with my foot propped up will do to my weight.  And any thoughts I'd had of eating a lot of healthy salads went out the window with the dietary restrictions attached to the blood thinner pills I'm taking daily (for probably the next 6 months)  ::)
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Edisaurus

« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2008, 09:06:57 AM »

I joined Weight Watchers 10 years ago and lasted a week. I am not the type to go to meetings, htey kind of creep me out. But my friend and I decided we wanted to support each other's efforts so we can grow old together.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2008, 09:09:29 AM »

Diet tip:

Eat several small healthy meals throughout the day (this keeps your metabolism up)

Drink lots of water

Exercise

And how many of those do you follow?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2008, 09:11:08 AM »

Another G.S. just came to me - Cilla probably knows this: Gerry Spence - world famous attorney and author.  

Edisaurus

« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2008, 09:12:03 AM »

I tried Nutrisystem in the late 80's, early 90's and had success with it, but then I went through a divorce and undid my results!

Edisaurus

« Reply #81 on: July 01, 2008, 09:16:22 AM »

my DH and I also tried something last year where pre-packed fresh meals were delivered. It was expensive but not as expensive as eating in restaurants every night (we rarely cook) but the food ended up arriving earlier and earlier and was not packed with fully frozen ice packs so some of it would be spoiled in the morning. They never improved despite several phone calls from us to we discontinued it. Plus, they had a lot of things like white bread and rice. They could have done better as far as making it healthier.

Edisaurus

« Reply #82 on: July 01, 2008, 09:19:39 AM »

1 diet tip I try to do: I try to eat before going to a party, wedding etc.. Otherwise I arrive ravenous and eat the yummy bad stuff, especially when a drink or two loosens your inhibitions!

Edisaurus

« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2008, 09:21:52 AM »

I hope they print bk's letter. My DH and I have both been misquoted in the press over the years, so when I read things like the Times letter, I automatically assume that whoever has been interviewed may be misquoted. If they print a letter, it's harder to misquote you!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #84 on: July 01, 2008, 09:23:04 AM »

Where did wingding run off to?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #85 on: July 01, 2008, 09:26:27 AM »

And the word of the day is: TRICHOTILLOMANIA!  Perhaps one of the greatest words ever.
David suffered from a severe CHORAL LIMITATION because the TRICHOTILLOMANIA of the alto in front of him made him want to gag and tear his hair out, too.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: July 01, 2008, 09:27:52 AM »

I think yesterday's meals were interesting for me, in that I ate pretty consistently, but all low-cal stuff.

Two ears of corn with two pats of butter, app. 350 calories.  Shrimp and crab claws with cocktail sauce - app. 200 calories.  Melon balls with a little Cool Whip on top - app. 200 calories.  One fruit popsicle - 80 calories.  Five thin slices of Oscar Mayer ham - 45 calories.  One granola bar - 100 calories.  Total calorie intake: 975.  If I can't lose weight on 975 calories, then I don't know what.  Especially after a two-mile jog.   Normally, if I'm exercising, I can lose weight eating anything under 1500 calories.  Counting calories has always been the easiest and most successful way for me to lose weight.  The other successful way is to count fat grams along with the calories, and to eat under 20 fat grams a day, which I think I did yesterday.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #87 on: July 01, 2008, 09:28:09 AM »

I don't diet.  Diets are too trendy for my taste.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: July 01, 2008, 09:30:26 AM »

I hope they print bk's letter. My DH and I have both been misquoted in the press over the years, so when I read things like the Times letter, I automatically assume that whoever has been interviewed may be misquoted. If they print a letter, it's harder to misquote you!

I wasn't mis-quoted, the quote was simply used without the context in which it was being said.  I was, in fact, laughing about the fact that with the way that musicals must play this endless game that there aren't really any 'new' musicals.  I also mentioned NYMF's Roller Derby, the "new" musical that was thirty years old.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: July 01, 2008, 09:30:58 AM »

And, most amazingly yesterday, I drank two bottles of the dreaded water.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up