Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE RUNAWAY LETTER  (Read 26296 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:THE RUNAWAY LETTER
« Reply #210 on: July 01, 2008, 05:23:03 PM »

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #211 on: July 01, 2008, 05:40:17 PM »

...And since I've just done my laundry here at the hotel, I can get a head start on my luggage (re-)packing.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #212 on: July 01, 2008, 05:45:52 PM »

~~~~~SAFE AND NON-DELAYED TRAVEL VIBES TO DR SINGDAW~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #213 on: July 01, 2008, 05:46:47 PM »

-I'm currently watching "The Moment of Truth"....

OY!
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #214 on: July 01, 2008, 05:51:06 PM »

~~~Super Travel Vibes for DR Singdaw!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #215 on: July 01, 2008, 05:57:05 PM »

We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

George

« Reply #216 on: July 01, 2008, 05:58:04 PM »

Bigger is better!

der Brucer

That doesn't work with Internet Explorer.  I assume that you're using a different browser? :D

George

« Reply #217 on: July 01, 2008, 06:01:14 PM »

Well, I'm leaving work.  Yesterday, I borrowed my sister's weed-whacker and I need to whack me some weeds!  And man, are they tall!! :o (I've been quite lax about doing anything in my backyard...meaning I haven't done anything with my backyard.)  Fortunately, since my backyard is so tiny, the whacking of the weeds shouldn't take too long.  And the yard waste container is right behind my condo, so I don't have to take it very far, at all...I just need to do it.  So, FINALLY, I'm going to do it.

George

« Reply #218 on: July 01, 2008, 06:01:54 PM »

THEN, I'll have to start cleaning the inside of my place because my dad's two sisters are arriving on Saturday for a two-week (I think) visit and they want to see my new (to them) place.  AARRGGHH!!  I am such a procrastinator (as I've often said).  But like when I wrote papers in college, the oh-so-near deadline will help...I hope.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 06:02:39 PM by George »

George

« Reply #219 on: July 01, 2008, 06:02:57 PM »

Until later!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #220 on: July 01, 2008, 06:08:34 PM »

That doesn't work with Internet Explorer.  I assume that you're using a different browser? :D

Did you go back to the source:

http://www.comcast.net/entertainment/slideshow/view/entertainment-20080701-Opera.The.Fly/

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #221 on: July 01, 2008, 06:10:17 PM »

THEN, I'll have to start cleaning the inside of my place because my dad's two sisters are arriving on Saturday for a two-week (I think) visit and they want to see my new (to them) place.  AARRGGHH!!  I am such a procrastinator (as I've often said).  But like when I wrote papers in college, the oh-so-near deadline will help...I hope.

A house-boy would be nice!

der Brucer

Ginny

« Reply #222 on: July 01, 2008, 06:12:30 PM »

LOL< they do seem to be on an orange roll...which reminds me, I love those rolls you put the orange frosting on while they are still hot....hmmmm

Mmmm, haven't had those in a long time!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #223 on: July 01, 2008, 06:18:31 PM »

DR Ginny - Is there anything special about your diet over the next couple of weeks?  I'm just curious what foods you have to avoid, and what foods they encourage you eat.

DR Jose - as soon as they gave my first dose of Coumadin in the hospital they gave me the orange card that lists the dietary considerations:

-Avoid excessive amounts of foods high in vitamin K - broccoli, brussels sprouts, raw cucumber peel, endive, mustard greens, parsley, turnip greens, watercress, cabbage, spinach, kale, collards, and salads (that's pretty vague, huh?)

-No cranberry juice or cranberry products

-No alcohol

I suppose it could have been worse - it could have said no coffee or chocolate.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DERBRUCER

« Reply #224 on: July 01, 2008, 06:25:16 PM »

TOMATOES STILL NOT OFF THE HOOK!

LA TIMES

Salmonella probe expands beyond tomatoes
By Tiffany Hsu
Los Angeles Times Staff Writer

July 2, 2008

Health officials are expanding their investigation beyond tomatoes and into other produce as they search for the source of a salmonella outbreak that now has sickened 869 people over nearly three months.

As reports of victims continue to grow across 36 states and Washington, D.C., long after many tomato producers finished harvesting, officials at the Food and Drug Administration and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention told reporters in a conference call Tuesday that they were recruiting more laboratories to help with the investigation.

They also said they would start looking at produce commonly served with the fruit, though they refused to specify what other items were suspected.

The most recent onset of infection was June 20, said Robert Tauxe of the CDC. At least 179 people have become ill, with cases stretching back as early as June 1.

Tomatoes are still the lead suspect, as 80% of victims reported eating the fruit, Tauxe said. "Tomatoes aren't off the hook," said David Acheson, associate commissioner for foods for the FDA. But the culprit's trail is convoluted and the pace of tracking "has been frustratingly slow," he said.

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #225 on: July 01, 2008, 06:27:06 PM »

-Avoid excessive amounts of foods high in vitamin K - broccoli, brussels sprouts, raw cucumber peel, endive, mustard greens, parsley, turnip greens, watercress, cabbage, spinach, kale, collards, and salads ...

Every young child's dream!

der Brucer

Ginny

« Reply #226 on: July 01, 2008, 06:33:01 PM »

LOL, DR derBrucer!  Actually, I like a lot of those green things - broccoli is one of my favorite veggies.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #227 on: July 01, 2008, 06:33:58 PM »

DR Ginny - WOW!  There's an awful lot of healthy stuff on that list!

So, can you still eat cucumber "innards"?

Well, at least you can still eat the red, yellow and white vegetables..  -Although, "salads" - that could be quite all-encompassing.  :-\
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #228 on: July 01, 2008, 06:52:51 PM »

DR Ginny - WOW!  There's an awful lot of healthy stuff on that list!

I know!  And some of it, I really like!

So, can you still eat cucumber "innards"?

That's my assumption - mmm, sliced cucumbers in sour cream sound really good...

Well, at least you can still eat the red, yellow and white vegetables..  -Although, "salads" - that could be quite all-encompassing.  :-\

Yeah, that's the one I thought was pretty vague.

It actually didn't say NOT to eat those things, just to eat them in extreme moderation and never to excess.  I guess the vitamin K interferes with the medication and throws off that INR reading.

Oy, I could have been very happy never having to learn any of this.

Ginny

« Reply #229 on: July 01, 2008, 06:54:03 PM »

Wonder how DR Kerry got along today?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #230 on: July 01, 2008, 07:06:58 PM »

I didn't know this.

That would be California George, we live in Washington.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #231 on: July 01, 2008, 07:09:09 PM »

It really hasn't been all that bad.  The only "bad" part has been having to deal with performers who seem to not like performing.  Most of my notes after today's run-thru were, "Please smile! Please look like you know and like what you're doing!"  And it really is amazing just how much better someone seems when they actually look like they're having a good time.  *And they still don't get that when they are the one or two people not smiling, that our attention automatically goes to them.  A frown catches the eye in a sea of smiles.

A frown catches the eye in a sea of smiles.

I think I have that on a sampler.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #232 on: July 01, 2008, 07:15:25 PM »

Happy Canada Day!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #233 on: July 01, 2008, 07:27:27 PM »

Too many mornings connections.

I got that also earlier...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #234 on: July 01, 2008, 07:33:50 PM »

On tv tonight for me:

I will try I Survived a Japanese game show one more time.

I was not impressed with that show..

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #235 on: July 01, 2008, 07:34:02 PM »

Diet tricks:

I try to eat little meals all day...

Limit portion sizes

watch my intake of carbs and maintain my protiens.

Exercise...

Read labels

Some individuals can use artificial sweeteners such as Splenda, Equal, Xylitol in place of sugar. I use honey as a sweetener since I cannot use the above items.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #236 on: July 01, 2008, 07:35:50 PM »

Also, watch salt.... Some restaurants use that in their seasonings.

I eat  alot of fruit. Yogurt has natural enzymes that aid digestion. Also some dairy products like yogurt and milk are good.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #237 on: July 01, 2008, 07:43:58 PM »

A diet tip that worked for me was certain stress points being removed from my life and one of them included one of the bullies at work leaving...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #238 on: July 01, 2008, 07:49:58 PM »

Glad I will be at work on Thursday but I suspect getting there will be a challenge. Obama is paying a visit at a park only  4 blocks from where I live.. Can you say media trucks....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #239 on: July 01, 2008, 07:53:04 PM »

Travel vibes to singdaw.......

Vibes to DR Laura, Ginny and Kerry!!!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up