Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: BACK IN THE WORK MODE  (Read 43934 times)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
Re:BACK IN THE WORK MODE
« Reply #180 on: September 02, 2008, 11:06:00 AM »

The place where we mix our CLOSER promos just did a session with him and said that he didn't sound too well. I'm sad to hear this. He will be missed.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #181 on: September 02, 2008, 11:06:24 AM »

But on the up side---HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR DEAR DR RON!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #182 on: September 02, 2008, 11:11:04 AM »

DR singdaw - Yes!  I did not end up (totally) on the editing room floor.  ;)

I have been there many times. Sleeping, that is...in the midst of endless renders on overnight sessions.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #183 on: September 02, 2008, 11:16:43 AM »

[size=8]HAPPY BIRTHDAY WISHES,[/size]
[/color][/b]

TO DR RON PULLIAM!
[/color][/b]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Edisaurus

« Reply #184 on: September 02, 2008, 11:17:22 AM »

Well - let me just say this:  I'm not planning on laying off "The Bronze" anytime soon.    8)

:D :D :D

Edisaurus

« Reply #185 on: September 02, 2008, 11:18:32 AM »

Well - let me just say this:  I'm not planning on laying off "The Bronze" anytime soon.    8)

Isn't bronze considered to be a "soft" metal?

;D

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #186 on: September 02, 2008, 11:21:31 AM »

DR JoseSPiano took us to Levain's on Saturday.  I know Sugar, too!  ;)

Knowing Jose is sugar enough!  Look at what's happened to Elmo!    :o
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #187 on: September 02, 2008, 11:22:26 AM »

Yes, I believe you do, especially since your take home bag had five more cookies than mine did.

:D

I'm "almost" positive those extra were for DP Jayson!   ;D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Edisaurus

« Reply #188 on: September 02, 2008, 11:22:52 AM »

I'm bummed today---I purchased great seats to see Squeeze with Aimee Mann opening, up in Nashville. It's the first time Difford and Tilbrook have played together after splitting up years ago, and this was the closest concert. (I went up to NY to see their farewell tour.)Nashvillle is about a 4 hour drive from here, but I had a songwriter friend I could stay with and take off early in the AM. My CLOSER clients were willing to let me go early tomorrow and come in late the next day. But due to circumstances not going our way, I will not be able to afford the time to go.

Drat!!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #189 on: September 02, 2008, 11:23:31 AM »

But on the up side---HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR DEAR DR RON!

Thank you, Miss Amy!   ;D

Edisaurus

« Reply #190 on: September 02, 2008, 11:24:04 AM »

I just have to hope that they will eventually come to Atlanta, but I'm not optimistic, even though Tilbrook alone always sells out here.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #191 on: September 02, 2008, 11:24:27 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WISHES,
[/color][/b]

TO DR RON PULLIAM!
[/color][/b]

I'm very appreciative, DR TCB.  Thanks!

Amy

« Reply #192 on: September 02, 2008, 11:28:13 AM »

Skipping over family pets that really belonged to my sisters, the first pet that was truly mine was a cat named Bill. My ex-husband and I got Bill and Ted as 10-week old kittens in 1991. "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure" was all the rage then. When we divorced in 1999, my ex kept Ted and I kept Bill (they fought constantly anyway). Bill was the perfect cat in every way. When Mark and I were house-hunting in 2003, I became very stressed. Our town-house sold in three days and we had no house to move into yet. It wasn't the peak of the housing boom, but it was the peak of the SPEED of the housing boom. Prices were jumping up about $10,000 each week. The instant we bought our single-family house, things started to slow down. I mean prices continued to climb, but not at such a ridiculous rate. Anyway, my chubby cat started losing weight around this time and I wondered if my cat was sensing my stress. I didn't pay much attention because he was still energetic and he was eating, just not as much, and he needed to lose weight anyway. He was looking much healthier during this time. Sadly, he was eaten by a coyote nine days before we closed escrow, and moved to a less coyote-infested area. I always locked him in doors at night, but I had to work late one night, and that's when he disappeared. Two years later, I received an e-mail from my ex who asked me if Bill was still alive. He said that Ted and had died from cancer two years earlier. So both cats died right around the same time. Now, I wonder if Bill was losing weight because he was in the very early stages of cancer - in which case - being eaten by a coyote may have been a blessing. If not, I'd like to ask god what sins my cat committed to deserve such a fate.

But on to happier things. You've already seen pictures of my current cat and dog. I was always a cat-person and this is my very first dog. I'm now a huge dog convert, but that doesn't mean my cat gets left behind, as you can see from this video (link below). The white watermark is there because I used a trial version of some crappy software to create a .avi file. Try to ignore it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wKsSkMV3xw

Amy

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #193 on: September 02, 2008, 11:32:46 AM »

Back from the long jog - not terrible today.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #194 on: September 02, 2008, 11:35:27 AM »

Drinking water and listening to music.  Shortly, I shall begin the errands o' the day.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #195 on: September 02, 2008, 11:48:04 AM »

Mr. Pearl and I have decided on Stanley's for dinner, which means I'll either have their yummilicious roast chicken, or, even better, their Chinese chicken salad, which is the best in town.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #196 on: September 02, 2008, 11:48:40 AM »

We'll then take one car over the hill to UCLA to see the Reprise show, which is Once On This Island, not one of my favorite shows, I must say.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #197 on: September 02, 2008, 11:55:18 AM »

I am annoyed. When one goes to the police station to report vandalism, one expects that a police report will be written up so that when one later requests a copy of said report for the insurance company there is a report on file.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 11:55:58 AM by DearReaderLaura »
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #198 on: September 02, 2008, 12:01:16 PM »

I am annoyed. When one goes to the police station to report vandalism, one expects that a police report will be written up so that when one later requests a copy of said report for the insurance company there is a report on file.

Sadly, anymore all you get is a number to give to the insurance company, that proves that you contacted the police.  That is all you get!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #199 on: September 02, 2008, 12:13:25 PM »

They have no record of my reporting anything at all.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #200 on: September 02, 2008, 12:34:01 PM »

Photos please!

2-3 months isn't very long & as you said, you never really get over it.

This is Jasmine, who is no longer with us.
You can dream…or you can do.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #201 on: September 02, 2008, 12:36:16 PM »

This is Annie, who misses her "sister" and now keeps us up at night with her cries for attention.  Letting her sleep in our bedroom was a BIG mistake.

Edisaurus

« Reply #202 on: September 02, 2008, 12:38:15 PM »

TOD:

The beloved dog of my childhood was Cindy, a cairn terrier who looked just like Toto. We were all destroyed when she finally died of cancer.

We still had her son, Duffy, who we turned into a neurotic dog, as children do. While we had him, my mom, who made all the pet decisions, decided she wanted another dog.

When she got our third dog, a St. Bernard named Gretchen, Duffy started running off to other houses, especially a house with a dachsund, which I guess made him feel like a big dog again. He was eventually killed by a pack of wild dogs (we lived in the mountains of Virginia) in the schoolyard where my mother taught, so she saw it all happen.

When I was in college, it was discovered that Gretchen had heart worms, and the treatment would be very expensive. So my mother had the vet put her down before anyone could object or even knew of her condition. This led my father into a deep depression that lasted for a long time, because he loved that dog very much.

Is it any wonder that as an adult I am now a cat person?

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #203 on: September 02, 2008, 12:38:51 PM »

This is Cody, my wife's dog.  He thinks he's Jimmy Cagney, wanting to take on every big dog in the neighborhood.  But, when they bark back, he rolls over and surrenders.  [I think he's really French.]

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #204 on: September 02, 2008, 12:41:06 PM »

This is Missy, my dog.  She's the greatest.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #205 on: September 02, 2008, 12:44:55 PM »

Finally, this is Charlie, the parrot, and my last dog, Kate.  She was also a wonderful dog.  Although she's been gone since 1996, I still miss her.

You can see from this photo, which one was the boss.

Thanks for letting me share these.

:)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 12:45:39 PM by Druxy »

Edisaurus

« Reply #206 on: September 02, 2008, 12:51:22 PM »

In the missing pet department: earlier this year we bought some wonderful metal sculptures that I think I posted---our "practice" goats. They were a mother and 2 babies, made from recycled oil drums. They "lived" in our barn.

Well, some time the past week, someone decided to "kid-"nap the two babies. The barn backs up to an easement that the city has and the goats could be easily seen thru the barn window. So it could have been city workers, the tree people who cut down a neighbor's tree and dumped it back there, the landowner's lawn mowing guy or neighborhood kids.

Anyway, even though they were only metal, I miss them and their mom looks lonely without them! (She is now living inside our fence in case the thief returns for her.)

Edisaurus

« Reply #207 on: September 02, 2008, 12:52:55 PM »

Love the photos, Druxy!

I do have some happy cat stories, which I will post at home when I have accompanying photographs.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #208 on: September 02, 2008, 12:54:33 PM »

Luckily, I still haven't figured out the whole PhotoBucket thing (although DRLaura has patiently explained numerous times) or you'd end with pictures of Buffie, Doris, Mazal and Sugar (and even Sugar Prum).

Can you email photos for someone to post for you?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #209 on: September 02, 2008, 12:57:23 PM »

I am back from the doctor, and here's what's going on:
  1.  I see the ophthalmologist about my blurry vision on Sept 15
  2.  I have a referral to a nutritionist
  3.  the meds have been upped to see what can be done

And so it continues . . .

The glucose meter I ordered should arrive from Amazon.com tomorrow.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16   Go Up