Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: BACK IN THE WORK MODE  (Read 43930 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:BACK IN THE WORK MODE
« Reply #240 on: September 02, 2008, 02:01:01 PM »

Note to the young woman sitting two tables from me: You're a bitch.

Note to the young man sitting across from the woman sitting two tables from me: You're gay.

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #241 on: September 02, 2008, 02:01:16 PM »

I once had three female betta fish that lived in a bowl on my desk at the church. They were all named "Lady." So I would say, "Good morning, Ladies."
It's a good thing you don't work PM hours exclusively.  Then you would have had to say "Good evening, ladies," which would have made them ladies of...

:o :o :o

;D
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #242 on: September 02, 2008, 02:01:21 PM »

Going to write for just a bit and then head down to do some work and then have some fun for the remainder of the evening.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #243 on: September 02, 2008, 02:04:06 PM »

That's a great pic!

Did EVERYONE have a copy of that Christmas Carol book that's on the piano?

I still do!
Make Your Own Luck.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #244 on: September 02, 2008, 02:08:05 PM »

Great picture, BK.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #245 on: September 02, 2008, 02:09:49 PM »

That's a great pic!

Did EVERYONE have a copy of that Christmas Carol book that's on the piano?

My Christmas Carol books are much older, from the 1950s and 60s, and several handed right off Guttenberg's press.

No, DR Jose, that was one territory I had no wish to broach today.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #246 on: September 02, 2008, 02:09:59 PM »

I still do!

I think I have had 3!!  One I know is in a box right here.  Too funny.

Amy

« Reply #247 on: September 02, 2008, 02:11:31 PM »

I carried Bosco (our tortie & white) around in a basket until she got too big.  
Do you take your cat places besides the quiet neighborhood. Do you travel on vacation with them?

I carry my cat (Casper) in the type of carrier that sits against your chest, with shoulder straps, and she's fine that way for about the first 40 minutes of our walk and I only take her out for about the last 10 minutes. That's really all she can tolerate. We've gotten into such a routine that if I forget to take her out for the last 10 minutes, she meows to remind me. But if I take her out earlier, she doesn't want to walk...go figure.

I always think it's less stressful for the pets to leave them behind with a sitter when traveling. But for our upcoming vacation I was having problems finding a sitter and we had already made plane reservations with Southwest. So I called them to ask how much it would cost to bring a small dog and they said they don't transport pets at all! Fortunately, I was finally able to find a sitter. I really hate it though - I always worry about them and miss them when we're away. Some sitters will leave "daily notes" and I think, "what's the good of leaving daily notes when I won't read any of them until I get back?" So, this new sitter has agreed to e-mail me the daily notes. Now, I just have to worry about finding a cyber cafe. Fortunately more and more hotels have them these days.

Amy

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #248 on: September 02, 2008, 02:13:32 PM »

Note to the young woman sitting two tables from me: You're a bitch.

Note to the young man sitting across from the woman sitting two tables from me: You're gay.

;D

Paddy-paws paddy-paws.... 8)
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #249 on: September 02, 2008, 02:14:51 PM »

Back from Venezia....no huge surprise, I ordered their sublime spaghetti carbonara!!!

First, I had a cup of white bean soup that was too scrumptious.

I am sated.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #250 on: September 02, 2008, 02:18:14 PM »

Paddy-paws paddy-paws.... 8)

From the hindsight is 20/20 department...

To the young man: Your girlfriend is a bitch.

To the young woman: He's gay.

-Much, much better. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #251 on: September 02, 2008, 02:20:17 PM »

DR elmore - You should have. Did you at least ask them to start making a copy of your medical records for your own files? You should have that anyway, and could probably take care of that with a phone call.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #252 on: September 02, 2008, 02:20:26 PM »

Back from Venezia....no huge surprise, I ordered their sublime spaghetti carbonara!!!

First, I had a cup of white bean soup that was too scrumptious.

I am sated.

Carbonara is one of my all-time faves - can't have it right now, but in a couple of weeks after a few more pounds, I could do it on my once a week splurge night.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #253 on: September 02, 2008, 02:21:26 PM »

DR Ron Pulliam - And for dessert...?
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #254 on: September 02, 2008, 02:21:34 PM »

For now, I have to decide between the roast chicken and the Chinese chicken salad.  I know the roast chicken is great, and I can have it with veggies instead of fries or rice.  But I also love the salad - both are very diet-friendly.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #255 on: September 02, 2008, 02:22:20 PM »

Sweet photo Bruce.  Does your darling daughter also play the piano & sing?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #256 on: September 02, 2008, 02:23:06 PM »

bk - Chinese Chicken Salad from almost anywhere is infamous for large amounts of sodium and "hidden" fat grams. See if you can the dressing on the side.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #257 on: September 02, 2008, 02:29:34 PM »

I think I have had 3!!  One I know is in a box right here.  Too funny.

I think I have multiple copies in storage too. And I believe the cover of that book became a bit more "ethnically diverse" over the years... Just like those miniature Carol Books that were sponsored by John Hancock. I have a set of those with the original all-white-bread-male cover as well as the "rainbow" edition. "She's not an altar boy, she's in the chorus." ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #258 on: September 02, 2008, 02:33:55 PM »

We've gotten into such a routine that if I forget to take her out for the last 10 minutes, she meows to remind me. But if I take her out earlier, she doesn't want to walk...go figure.

Cute :)

I always think it's less stressful for the pets to leave them behind with a sitter when traveling.

Sherlock LOVES to travel with us, hops in the car & flops until we take him out.  A cat isn't necessarily going to want to go everywhere he does, but won't likely want to be left behind.  If we can't take the cat with Sherlock it sort of defeats the purpose of getting him one.

When we left Sherlock with the dog trainer she sent us daily emails.  It was nice.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #259 on: September 02, 2008, 02:35:17 PM »

I have been hair-cutted.

And I look a bit different.

Mainly (or is that mane-ly) because the fellows who run the barber shop (which is located in the back room of a beauty supply shoppe) have decided that they really are semi-retired, and are only on the days that I'm supposed to be doing billing at the store... and during the exact same hours, pretty much.

:P

However, there was a "stylist" there, who normally works on women's hair but was glad to take me on.  For part of the grooming, she was using a straight-edge razor "because your hair is so thick!"  Well, I've been told I've a thick head before, and not just by barbers.

One thing she did was reposition the part, so that it's a bit higher up.  It looks... jauntier, I guess is the word.  Not bad.  It'll be easy to get used to.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #260 on: September 02, 2008, 02:35:21 PM »

Darling daughter neither sings nor plays the piano.  She doesn't call me much either.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #261 on: September 02, 2008, 02:36:06 PM »

Stanley's doesn't use a huge amount of dressing, but I LIKE dressing and get more, so I know exactly what you mean - hence, it may be the roast chicken, which is quite safe.

Jane

« Reply #262 on: September 02, 2008, 02:37:03 PM »

DR elmore - You should have. Did you at least ask them to start making a copy of your medical records for your own files? You should have that anyway, and could probably take care of that with a phone call.

We keep copies of everything.  My father, the doctor, taught us that years ago.  We also go over all results to watch for doctor errors.  That we learned from experience.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #263 on: September 02, 2008, 02:38:14 PM »

Cute :)Sherlock LOVES to travel with us, hops in the car & flops until we take him out.  A cat isn't necessarily going to want to go everywhere he does, but won't likely want to be left behind.  If we can't take the cat with Sherlock it sort of defeats the purpose of getting him one.

When we left Sherlock with the dog trainer she sent us daily emails.  It was nice.

Otto loves his "Nonnies" house.  And my mom loves to watch him, too.  So on short getaways, he stays with Nonnie.  If we're gone for a week, someone will come and stay with him at our place.  

Jane

« Reply #264 on: September 02, 2008, 02:38:32 PM »

DR Ron, your lunch sounds delicious, especially the soup.

Jane

« Reply #265 on: September 02, 2008, 02:39:30 PM »

Otto loves his "Nonnies" house.  And my mom loves to watch him, too.  So on short getaways, he stays with Nonnie.  If we're gone for a week, someone will come and stay with him at our place.  

Nice set up.  I'm looking forward to puppy photos.

Good luck getting the yard.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #266 on: September 02, 2008, 02:40:12 PM »

Der B and I have to plan our trips around getting back home within the day, because we don't want to leave the gang alone too long.  Leaving them with someone else would be too much of a hassle, and all the kennels around here charge an arm and a leg.  So, we drive up to NYC, we drive back home, and everyone is happy to see us when we get back.

They all love going for car rides, of course.  But they all want to sit in front, on my lap - including Fletcher !!! - which gets awkward.

Jane

« Reply #267 on: September 02, 2008, 02:40:50 PM »

Bruce, I'm surprised she doesn't sing.  Unfortunately we often need to call our children more than they call us.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #268 on: September 02, 2008, 02:45:15 PM »

EUReKA is running a marathon of the first five episodes of this season.  Why we need a marathon of the first five episodes of this season when that's all we've seen so far is beyond me.

I guess this means I'll be spending more time in the kitchen, with the pork roast, the fruit salad, and the brown rice.

I also need to figure out how I'm going to make stuffed bell peppers and sweet potato fries, booty from the farmer's market today.  If I go a little greekish with the bell peppers, and use a little cinnamon, they should blend well with the sweet potato fries, I think.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #269 on: September 02, 2008, 02:47:16 PM »

My Dad and I almost never call each other.  We write e-mails, but not often enough.  But when we do write, they are chatty, lengthy letters, which sorta kinda maybe makes up for not writing more often.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16   Go Up