Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: SOAP OPERA  (Read 12964 times)

Michael

Re:SOAP OPERA
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2004, 01:36:30 PM »

Anyways I will have the reviews added to www.brucekimmel.com'
Never stop dreaming.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2004, 01:44:11 PM »

Sorry about the pain, DR RLP, in thetherapy session, but I geuss it's necessary for a full recovery. Hope the next ones are less painful and stressful.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2004, 01:46:42 PM »

I have to say that I, too, don't revere SINGIN' IN THE RAIN as the greatest musical ever made. I find it beautifully done and loads of fun, but there are several other musicals I would much rather just sit down and watch. And this isn't the first time I've said that. But I'd watch OZ, EASTER PARADE, ON THE TOWN, SEVEN BRIDES, IT'S ALWAYS FAIR WEATHER, ST. LOUIS more often than SIIR if I had my choice.

Fortunately, for us home video enthusiasts, I can watch any of those whenever I wish.

Matt H.

« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2004, 01:48:42 PM »

For those of you who remember Matthew Metzger from the AMERICAN IDOL semifinal rounds (he didn't make it to the final 12 even though he was a better singer than at least three of the finalists), he started this week on ONE LIFE TO LIVE.

He's a dreadful actor, by the way, and is obviously constantly referring to his lines which are being kept off camera for him. Still, I guess he can learn on the job, and he is very pretty to look at.

Matt H.

« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2004, 01:51:27 PM »

And sorry I was gone for a long stretch this afternoon. I had a lovely reunion lunch with the man who directed/music directed me in a bunch of shows who's between FULL MONTY gigs at the moment and back in Charlotte. We had a grand time reliving old triumphs and my hearing about all the things he's been up to since he moved to NYC several years ago.

Jennifer

« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2004, 02:03:55 PM »

DR MattH, which one was Matthew? Was he the football player?

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2004, 02:14:21 PM »

Speaking of soap operas, this just in from DR Evil Twin:
I just wanted to let you know that I am going to be on ONE LIFE TO LIVE this Tuesday, August 24, ABC-TV at 2:00.  I know it's short notice...sorry.

Darn, for me the show was on at 11:00 and again at 1:00.  I missed it. :(

td

• td
« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2004, 02:37:44 PM »

Darn, for me, too.  I actually worked through it, and didn't have any of the tvs at work turned to ABC. . . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Tomovoz

« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2004, 02:47:37 PM »

And we don't get the episode until 2008. I'll probably forget as I can't set the VCR for that far in advance.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2004, 02:48:13 PM by Tomovoz »
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

« Reply #69 on: August 24, 2004, 02:52:58 PM »

If any of you have SoaopNet, ONE LIFE TO LIVE replays today's episode at 9 p.m. EDT.

Jennifer, Matthew Rogers was the football player, and he made it to the finals finishing 11th.

Matthew Metzger was the very, very attractive singer (dirty blonde hair, always smiling) who was in the wild card round but didn't get picked by any of the judges or the audience.

Jane

« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2004, 02:55:18 PM »

Thanks Matt H but I don't have it-never watch soaps.

Tomovoz  ;D

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2004, 02:59:51 PM »

I think Matthew Metzger was the blond dude who just missed being a finalist in the callback shows prior to selection of the final 12.

What I LOVE about this forum, more than anything, is that you can throw out a couple of words and, even if you misremember what they were in relation to, someone will not only clarify the situation, but they will share artwork and whatnot about it, as well.

There was also a "Stripe" toothpaste!  Remember???!!!

Here are a couple of things I've remembered that I've not been able to learn more about:

Back in the late 1950s-early 1960s, one of the major cake mix companies (maybe Duncan Hines) introduced a series of colonial-style cake mixes.  The advertising was period, as well, and you were sold on the early American goodness with rich spices and nuts as part of the mix.  Anyone recall that????

And Life Magazine, back in the late-50s-early 60s ran a photo feature on three young folks -- all of them were in their teens at the time, but they were no bigger than 6-year-olds.  They had been discovered stashed away in their parents' attic.  There was a boy and two girls.  They had been deprived of sunlight most of their lives.  They weren't emaciated, but they were very underdeveloped.  The story amazed and fascinated me at the time.  I never recall Life following up on that story and I've often wondered about those kids (who would be in their late 50s-early 60s now).

Does anyone else recall that story???
« Last Edit: August 24, 2004, 03:00:18 PM by RLP »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Tomovoz

« Reply #72 on: August 24, 2004, 03:28:04 PM »

The boy went to Australia RLP.  He is still much the same height. He lives with his partner and two dogs. He is certainly still not emaciated. Due to childhood trauma he lives in a flat roofed house - no attic. He will be 59 in December. lol
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #73 on: August 24, 2004, 03:52:40 PM »

Just a brief post. I decided that if I didn't organize my place - I would go mad. MAD, do you hear? So, I'm organizing. But in my one brief visit out into the world today I managed to lose one of the little diamond earrings (studs - but I won't say that or there will be 20 jokes) that I wear even to bed. I'm not one for "stuff" - I could care less. But I happen to like these little earrings very much. And they're worth a bit of money. I retraced my steps, but I think it's gone. Oh well. That's what I get for trying to bring order into my life. I did find a shiny new penny while I was looking for the earring. Maybe that means luck.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2004, 03:53:48 PM by Panni »

Panni

« Reply #74 on: August 24, 2004, 04:04:24 PM »

A note that Dan Petrie (Sr) - a lovely man and a wonderful director - died yesterday at 83. He was originally from Glace Bay, Nova Scotia - if any of you saw THE BAY BOY with Liv Ullmann and Kiefer Sutherland, that was a somewhat autobiographical film of his early life. He was a fine TV director and directed a number of good movies, as well - A RAISIN IN THE SUN, being one. Each time I saw him, we would say, "We must work together soon!" And that really was an intention, I do believe, on both our parts. He'll be missed by many.

Tomovoz

« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2004, 04:04:53 PM »

Good to see you Elmore.. I hope it is a sign of feeling a bit better.
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #76 on: August 24, 2004, 04:14:42 PM »

The boy went to Australia RLP.  He is still much the same height. He lives with his partner and two dogs. He is certainly still not emaciated. Due to childhood trauma he lives in a flat roofed house - no attic. He will be 59 in December. lol

This is a joke...yes?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Michael

« Reply #77 on: August 24, 2004, 04:16:00 PM »

Well I have changed the first page of www.brucekimmel.com that features some of the more notable people who gave quotes.

Then you can go to  http://www.brucekimmel.com/WhatIfAMusicalRevue.htm to see all the reviews with the reviewers picture of a copy of the magazine/newspaper they report for
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #78 on: August 24, 2004, 04:17:17 PM »

DR. Panni:

Can you please repost your review of What If? I would like to include it on the website.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #79 on: August 24, 2004, 04:20:13 PM »

DR. Charles Pogue

Can you please repost your review of What If? I would like to include it on the website.
Never stop dreaming.

Tomovoz

« Reply #80 on: August 24, 2004, 04:27:16 PM »

This is a joke...yes?
Just trying to help with your pain mangement RLP.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #81 on: August 24, 2004, 04:30:31 PM »

Thank you Michael. Great work.
James Thurber 1957

Jane

« Reply #82 on: August 24, 2004, 04:40:15 PM »

Now I'm laughing ‘cause I fell for the joke.  ;D  I do remember the story.  Where is DerBrucer to research this for us?  

Good news.  We have the lab report back and Bogie's growth was benign.  :D The not so good news, when his stitches are removed we have to recheck his blood work as his kidney count was low.  It is always something.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #83 on: August 24, 2004, 04:42:31 PM »

Just a brief post. I decided that if I didn't organize my place - I would go mad. MAD, do you hear? So, I'm organizing. But in my one brief visit out into the world today I managed to lose one of the little diamond earrings (studs - but I won't say that or there will be 20 jokes) that I wear even to bed. I'm not one for "stuff" - I could care less. But I happen to like these little earrings very much. And they're worth a bit of money. I retraced my steps, but I think it's gone. Oh well. That's what I get for trying to bring order into my life. I did find a shiny new penny while I was looking for the earring. Maybe that means luck.

I lost a stud in bed one night.  Last I heard, the Coast Guard was still looking for him.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #84 on: August 24, 2004, 04:50:20 PM »

TCB  ;D

I lost a bracelet in Portland, just before meeting up with my son's ex girlfriend.  The bracelet was a gift from them both last Christmas.  I really liked it and received compliments on it all the time, however, I find the timing rather suspicious-LOL.

Panni I’m sorry you lost something so nice.  Watch the found adds in the paper-you never know.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #85 on: August 24, 2004, 04:54:16 PM »

Now I'm laughing ‘cause I fell for the joke.  ;D  I do remember the story.  Where is DerBrucer to research this for us?  

Good news.  We have the lab report back and Bogie's growth was benign.  :D The not so good news, when his stitches are removed we have to recheck his blood work as his kidney count was low.  It is always something.

How many kidneys did he have before?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #86 on: August 24, 2004, 04:54:40 PM »

I lost a stud in bed one night.  Last I heard, the Coast Guard was still looking for him.

The Coast Guard won't know what to do with him!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #87 on: August 24, 2004, 04:58:39 PM »

The Coast Guard won't know what to do with him!

The Navy???
“One thing’s universal,

Panni

« Reply #88 on: August 24, 2004, 05:06:09 PM »

I knew I shouldn't have used the word stud! Oh well, we're here to amuse, n'est-ce pas?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #89 on: August 24, 2004, 05:30:29 PM »

Sorry, Panni, I couldn't resist.

“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up