Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: SUPERGUY  (Read 23443 times)

MBarnum

Re:SUPERGUY
« Reply #150 on: February 17, 2005, 02:12:22 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%] Much positive vibage to DR Jay  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D   :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D [/move]

Hope to see you back on HHW very soon (along with other lately missing DRs, who I miss)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 02:13:00 PM by MBarnum »

MBarnum

« Reply #151 on: February 17, 2005, 02:13:28 PM »

And really, whatever did become of DR Robin!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #152 on: February 17, 2005, 02:55:37 PM »

This morning my DH and DR Kerry went flying in a small plane, and DR Kerry took this photo.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #153 on: February 17, 2005, 02:56:56 PM »

Vixmom - I am healing nicely, I'm happy to say.  Still couldn't do a sit-up if my life depended on it, but ah well.  

The job story is not nearly so happy...rather lousy at the moment, actually.  But I shall not dwell, oh no, I shall not dwell.  

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #154 on: February 17, 2005, 03:35:17 PM »

The sky over Oakland looks ominously akin to the painted skies that accompanied the crucifixion sequence in the film "The Robe."
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

MBarnum

« Reply #155 on: February 17, 2005, 03:51:54 PM »

Another interview this evening...this time it is our very own Flip Mark, co-star of PLEASE DON'T EAT THE DAISIES and the TV series GUESTWARD HO!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #156 on: February 17, 2005, 04:46:52 PM »

Geez, I see you're reading, TCB...I was hoping you'd find some "set-ups" before I logged off and headed home!!

LOL
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #157 on: February 17, 2005, 04:48:08 PM »

Holy Moley on Dark Rye:  I've passed 1,700 posts.

Again.

:)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 04:48:24 PM by Ron Pulliam »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #158 on: February 17, 2005, 04:48:45 PM »

As for Hot Sandwiches...

Calling DR TCB!  Calling DR TCB!!

;D

Hot Sailor - I can't remember exactly which deli meats appear on it, but I like it a lot.

Jose...Jose....Jose!  You make it far two easy.  Hot sandwiches and a Hot Sailor all in one post.  Child's play!  However, since I don't know all of the newcomers that well (yet), I will just smile that knowing smile, and say .............
NOTHING
!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Michael

« Reply #159 on: February 17, 2005, 04:58:03 PM »

what time is the reading at the DB on March 18th.

Never stop dreaming.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #160 on: February 17, 2005, 05:03:42 PM »

Here's another picture that DR Kerry took:
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Michael

« Reply #161 on: February 17, 2005, 05:07:18 PM »

we can darken Elmoore's hair. Add a beard an no one will notice him at DB Shop Maybe something like this.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 05:07:56 PM by Michael Shayne »
Never stop dreaming.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #162 on: February 17, 2005, 05:12:57 PM »

Good Evening!

...And it's windy too!

Nice walk.  A nice brisk walk!

I ended up walking down to Elwood Thompson, the natural food stre, where I picked up a package of natural cookies.  Vegan too!  -Very DR Jane friendly.  They were peanut butter cookies that had chocolate drizzled on top, and the bottom of the cookie had a nice coating of chocolate too.  Very good.  Both of them.  As I was scrunching up the package, I happened to look at the nutritional info.

Servings per container: 4
Size of serving: 1/2 cookie

?!?!??!

But the came the kickers...
Calories per serving: 200
Calories from fat: 120

WOW?!?!?!?!

I'm never eating health food again!!!!

:-X
Make Your Own Luck.

Michael

« Reply #163 on: February 17, 2005, 05:15:06 PM »

Go here and you can get contact information on Leslie Parrish BAch

Write Leslie in the first name. Bach in the last name. WA for the state

http://find.intelius.com/search-summary-out.php?ReportType=1&searchform=name
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 05:17:26 PM by Michael Shayne »
Never stop dreaming.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #164 on: February 17, 2005, 05:15:52 PM »

we can darken Elmoore's hair. Add a beard an no one will notice him at DB Shop Maybe something like this.

Well, that type of disguise worked in "Team America", so I guess it could work in NYC.

;D
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 05:18:32 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #165 on: February 17, 2005, 05:32:57 PM »

Michael, I love it!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #166 on: February 17, 2005, 05:35:40 PM »

DR Ann - and Jed - Here's a story..

Earlier this afternoon, I was trying to get a hold of my friend, Mark.  I didn't see him online like he usually is when he's at work.  I tried calling his cellphone, but got some message saying the number had been disconnected.  Then I tried calling his office, and was told he doesn't work there any longer.   Well, then I realized I had probably called his old office, so I looked up the number for his new office.  But then I tried calling his cell again, just in case...  He answered the phone.

His voice sounded horrible.  Very gravelly and tired.  He was home recovering from the flu.  He ended up with a case of bronchitis too.  He's been home for two weeks.  We talked for a little bit, then he told me that he had been laid off this week too.  -Apparently, I had reached the correct office the first time.  His company had just been bought out last week, and they only ended up keeping four people in his office during the reorganization.

To add insult to injury, he hasn't been able to see his two boys the past two weeks since he's been sick, and he won't be able to see them this weekend, since they will be heading out of town with their mother.  And one his boys just had two surgeries, and the other one broke his leg a few weeks ago.

Needless to say, he's had a couple of rough weeks lately.

However...

He was able to do a phone interview with a new company earlier this week.  And he got the job!  He's supposed to start training this week, but since he's sick... So, he'll start in two weeks.  He'll be training down here for a few weeks, but the actual job will be in Pennsylvania - which is where he was planning to move to this summer in order to be closer to  his sons.  -His ex-wife is getting remarried, and she's moving to West Virginia - it's a very long commute from Richmond to Philly, but not such a long commute from Philly to West Virginia.

Amazing how life just seems to work itself out at times!

So, I truly do think we are all coming into a very good cycle.  All of us.

~~~~VIBES FOR ALL~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #167 on: February 17, 2005, 06:11:36 PM »

I'm back from Teddy, and all I can say is SURF'S UP, DUDES and DUDETTES.  Teddy had a vision of how it should look and he went a little further than he normally does.  I like it.  He's having me come back on Tuesday because after he saw it post blow dry he thought the back and sides could use a touch more.  So, back I shall go.  Meanwhile, I'm starving so I must figure out what I'm to eat.

Michael Shayne, PAY ATTENTION: The reading is from five to seven on Friday March 18.  We trust that you will be in attendance.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #168 on: February 17, 2005, 06:15:49 PM »

I'm deciding whether to pay the eight bucks.  Who knows how reliable it is, and I'm sort of hinky to put my credit card info in.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #169 on: February 17, 2005, 06:21:03 PM »

Vixmom - I am healing nicely, I'm happy to say.  Still couldn't do a sit-up if my life depended on it, but ah well.

Well if it's any comfort to you, I cannot do a sit up either, or touch my toes or stand upwithour crackeluimg in several dozen places...but thats just the years!!!

The job story is not nearly so happy...rather lousy at the moment, actually.  But I shall not dwell, oh no, I shall not dwell.  

I shall send some more vibes your way, no luck with the job you and DRJed were both trying for?  What is your line of business?

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~EXCELLENT JOB WITH BENEFITS AND A GOOD SALARY VIBES~~~~~~~~~~[/move]
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #170 on: February 17, 2005, 06:26:16 PM »

As fate would have it, I had a monte cristo for lunch today, though it was served in a pita-type scenario. It was quite satisfying. But for my money, the old French Dip is as good as gravy.

vixmom

« Reply #171 on: February 17, 2005, 06:26:17 PM »

I'm back from Teddy, and all I can say is SURF'S UP, DUDES and DUDETTES.  Teddy had a vision of how it should look and he went a little further than he normally does.  I like it.  

Do we get pictures?

vixmom

« Reply #172 on: February 17, 2005, 06:28:09 PM »

Well if it's any comfort to you, I cannot do a sit up either, or touch my toes or stand upwithour crackeluimg in several dozen places...

You may notice, neither can I type, spell or proofread!!!

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #173 on: February 17, 2005, 06:28:24 PM »

Jose...Jose....Jose!  You make it far two easy.  Hot sandwiches and a Hot Sailor all in one post.  Child's play!  However, since I don't know all of the newcomers that well (yet), I will just smile that knowing smile, and say .............
NOTHING
!

Hey, don't hold back on account of us newbies. We're remarkably "with it" folks.

vixmom

« Reply #174 on: February 17, 2005, 06:29:39 PM »

DR Danise, I was just thinking...if you drove Bonnie up here instead of flying I could look after her for you ....

out of the goodness of my heart  y'know

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #175 on: February 17, 2005, 06:29:50 PM »

vixmom, I read your post quickly and thought you were asking for pictures of my monte cristo, which seemed awful strange...

Danise

« Reply #176 on: February 17, 2005, 06:30:22 PM »

Evening all.

I also find myself missing those who are E & T.   I only hope that they are happy and well.  That no great personal tragedy is keeping them from posting and spending time with us.

Vibes to all who need them!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]
I did speak with Jane and she said to say “Hi!”.  She is a little under the weather so I am sending her get well vibes.

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]

Still not much to report from my neck of the woods.  We had a free cholesterol test at work today.  My cholesterol was so high my doctor wanted me on two cholesterol meds.   I refused to take the pills.  I heard that once you start on them, you can never stop and I had a feeling my weight was a big factor with that problem as well as my high BP.  I thought that if I could get my weight under control the rest would follow.

To my delight, today my cholesterol was a mere 169! BP was a tad high but not bad.  No where near the triple digits top and bottom that I was having.  And all with OUT taking any meds to bring them under control.  

I’m still fussing with my Wi-Fi card for the PDA.  I have to find an internet provider for it in order to be able to use it on the trip.  I think I may go with IPass.  One of it’s hot spots is located in the lobby of the Muse.  I’m still reading up on how all of this works.  If anyone knows anything about this type of stuff, please let me know!

I also love the Quiznos sandwiches.  The Turkey/Ranch is one of my favorites as well.  Yum!  I shouldn’t have bread but once a week I allow myself what ever my heart err stomach err taste buds desire.

DR Ann--I couldn't do a sit up (heck I'm lucky to STAND UP) if my life depended on it either.  Glad to hear that you are on the mend.

Laters!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

vixmom

« Reply #177 on: February 17, 2005, 06:30:39 PM »

NOTHING
!
oh please, pretty please.....

vixmom

« Reply #178 on: February 17, 2005, 06:31:38 PM »

Hey, don't hold back on account of us newbies. We're remarkably "with it" folks.

oh, great minds and all that Rodzinski!!

Danise

« Reply #179 on: February 17, 2005, 06:32:14 PM »

DR Danise, I was just thinking...if you drove Bonnie up here instead of flying I could look after her for you ....

out of the goodness of my heart  y'know

With apologies to the real Jose—

VixMom—NO way, Jose!  ;) :D ;)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up