Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: IF IT'S SATURDAY IT MUST BE JULY  (Read 20794 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:IF IT'S SATURDAY IT MUST BE JULY
« Reply #180 on: July 01, 2006, 08:27:03 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]NEW PAGE SEVEN DANCE??[/move]

This is also MY Post # 8080! ;)

« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 08:28:06 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #181 on: July 01, 2006, 08:27:18 PM »

Yes!  So far. ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

MBarnum

« Reply #182 on: July 01, 2006, 08:28:00 PM »

MBarnum - what kind of car are you going to buy? How's the neck and head feeling?

Head and neck are still stiff and a bit sore, but I will live.

As for a new car...I won't know what is happening with the insurance company until next week, after the holidays, I guess...I have no clue how this all works...I don't want some old clunker car...I would be pleased to have another Hyundai Elantra hatchback, which is what I had, albeit a new one.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #183 on: July 01, 2006, 08:28:33 PM »

After THE CLOSER, I put in the movie A FEW GOOD MEN and rewatched most of it (still have the last 25 minutes to go).

THough the film looks good on DVD, I think it could use a new transfer. Some scenes aren't nearly as sharp or as detailed as they should be.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

George

« Reply #184 on: July 01, 2006, 08:29:13 PM »

How about some kind of hybrid...like the Prius??

Matt H.

« Reply #185 on: July 01, 2006, 08:29:56 PM »

I finished the evening with a new episode of THE EVIDENCE. I'm thinking this may be the last one that was produced just by the way the show ended. (no spoilers).

MBarnum

« Reply #186 on: July 01, 2006, 08:30:13 PM »

I think those would be a bit out of my price range, DR George.

Matt H.

« Reply #187 on: July 01, 2006, 08:30:57 PM »

Does the insurance company just give you a check and you buy your own car with the money they fork over, or do they actually present you with a comparable car?

Matt H.

« Reply #188 on: July 01, 2006, 08:31:43 PM »

So, tomorrow, I'll concentrate on finishing CAPTAIN FROM CASTILE and watching BROTHERS GRIMM to clear them off the DVR.

MBarnum

« Reply #189 on: July 01, 2006, 08:34:48 PM »

I just watched a very fun 1962 Bollywood film called KING KONG...it had no ape but it starred muscular former wrestler and soon to be action star Dara Singh as a guy who is named King Kong after saving a damsel (played by Kum Kum) from a giant dinosaur. What the dinosaur was doing in India is anyone's guess.

This movie was just newly released on VCD in India, but not available in the US or Britain yet...but I have my connections and snagged a copy as I had long wanted to see this movie! And despite it's not having any English subtitles, I still really had fun with it! I was very much like the old Flash Gordon serials of the 30s!

Oh, it also co-starred a wrestler/actor named King Kong, who preceeds Dara Singh as the kingdom's hero.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 08:36:45 PM by MBarnum »

MBarnum

« Reply #190 on: July 01, 2006, 08:35:40 PM »

Does the insurance company just give you a check and you buy your own car with the money they fork over, or do they actually present you with a comparable car?

I have no idea. I am so in the dark on this as I have never been had my car totaled before.

George

« Reply #191 on: July 01, 2006, 08:35:55 PM »

And do you still owe on the car that just got totalled?  What happens with that?

MBarnum

« Reply #192 on: July 01, 2006, 08:37:57 PM »

I paid for my car with a home equity loan...so the car is officially paid off, but I still own about 12,000 on the loan  :-\

George

« Reply #193 on: July 01, 2006, 08:40:35 PM »

I hope you get it all back!!

MBarnum

« Reply #194 on: July 01, 2006, 08:41:23 PM »

Now I am gonna pop in the 1950s film THE RETURN OF DRACULA starring Francis Lederer and then my second Bollywood movie of the weekend will be....

TARZAN AND KING KONG (1962) which may or may not have any relation to the previous King Kong movie...we shall see....and which may or may not have an ape in it...actually there is an ape on the VCD cover, but he seems normal ape sized.

And Dara Singh's brother Randhava stars in this film along with the lovely Mumtaz.

George

« Reply #195 on: July 01, 2006, 08:43:23 PM »

MBarnum, have you gone to www.kbb.com to find out what the value of the car is (not necessarily what you still owe on in, though)?

George

« Reply #196 on: July 01, 2006, 08:48:22 PM »

Well, I have to go.  My sister wants me to start cleaning up my house (I'm renting it from her) so that she can paint it.  She wants to sell it and I don't want to buy it.  It's going to take me a long time to clean up, so, now is as good as any to start. ;)

Be back later!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #197 on: July 01, 2006, 09:07:01 PM »

Ouch, George. You sister is selling your house out from under you?
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Matt H.

« Reply #198 on: July 01, 2006, 09:11:21 PM »

On my way to bed now. Hope I can get more than the 4 1/2 hours total I got yesterday.

Good night!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #199 on: July 01, 2006, 09:23:49 PM »

TCB, referring to your comments last night, Have you ever head a buffalo burger?

Knowing TCB, I'd say he's "headed" many a buffalo burger.

Sorry, just too good to pass up.  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #200 on: July 01, 2006, 09:31:06 PM »

MBarnum, glad you're OK!  If your insurance works like ours, they will give you a check for what the "replacement" value of the car is, and you get to get your own.  What I'm not sure of is how paying off whatever you owe on the totaled car works--when this happened to us, we owned our car outright.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #201 on: July 01, 2006, 09:32:55 PM »

We leave for our cross-country train trip to Wisconsin next week, so I will probably be even more E&T than usual for the next couple of weeks.

FJL, it's funny about the trivia contests--I've discovered I pretty much either know it (or have a good guess) right off the bat, or it's pointless to even try.  :)  This morning I knew it had to be one of two teams (i.e., playwright/director) and the rest was pretty easy.

JMK

« Reply #202 on: July 01, 2006, 09:33:42 PM »

Mini-frenzy ending now.  The new Priest starts tomorrow at my church gig, so I need to be bright eyed and bushy tailed, or at least bright tailed and bushy eyed, for her first day.  'Night.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #203 on: July 01, 2006, 09:59:57 PM »

Back from Miss Joan Ryan's show.  I'm still hungry - I hadn't eaten all day, saving up for dinner at the restaurant where the club is.  Well, I had the chicken picatta, which was good, but which had about two ounces of chicken in the piccata (I can't remember if picatta/piccata has two "c"s or two "t"s so I'm covering my bases).  I had a couple of pieces of bread with it and that's about it.  

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #204 on: July 01, 2006, 10:12:17 PM »

I just watched a very fun 1962 Bollywood film called KING KONG...it had no ape but it starred muscular former wrestler and soon to be action star Dara Singh as a guy who is named King Kong after saving a damsel (played by Kum Kum) from a giant dinosaur. What the dinosaur was doing in India is anyone's guess.

This movie was just newly released on VCD in India, but not available in the US or Britain yet...but I have my connections and snagged a copy as I had long wanted to see this movie! And despite it's not having any English subtitles, I still really had fun with it! I was very much like the old Flash Gordon serials of the 30s!

Oh, it also co-starred a wrestler/actor named King Kong, who preceeds Dara Singh as the kingdom's hero.

Kum Kum?
[/b]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

François de Paris

« Reply #205 on: July 01, 2006, 10:26:43 PM »

Kum Kum?
[/b]

Sorry! I Never Do Anything Twice! ;)

François de Paris

« Reply #206 on: July 01, 2006, 10:28:22 PM »

Back from Miss Joan Ryan's show.  I'm still hungry - I hadn't eaten all day, saving up for dinner at the restaurant where the club is.  Well, I had the chicken picatta, which was good, but which had about two ounces of chicken in the piccata (I can't remember if picatta/piccata has two "c"s or two "t"s so I'm covering my bases).  I had a couple of pieces of bread with it and that's about it.  

The Almighty Internet says "piccata"!

But was Miss Ryan delicious too?! :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #207 on: July 01, 2006, 10:39:12 PM »

Has Ann caught up?

Miss Ryan was her usual fine self.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #208 on: July 01, 2006, 11:42:43 PM »

Oh dear!  This does not look good.  6:30 p.m. on the Left Coast and less than 90 posts for the day.

If this is left coast, what is the right coast??? ;)
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #209 on: July 01, 2006, 11:49:29 PM »

Rita Rudner had a great joke:  If you have cottage cheese thighs, instead of exercising, just try to make them look more attractive.  Try putting a peach half next to them.

LOL!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up