Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: EVELYN WOOD  (Read 20684 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:EVELYN WOOD
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2003, 11:14:32 AM »

DR NOEL - although I am NOT a promotions person - most of the BIG search Engines EXCITE and YAHOO, have "Theatre" groups that you can access from their main pages....a little bit of searching will take you to the perfect pages and you can add your links...

A Google search for "theatre" and "musical" pages will lead you to several places where you can put your link.  It might take awhile for some people to find you, but I bet you get some response for your efforts!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2003, 11:28:37 AM »

Ron: Ummm..are you ok? LOL

No!

But thank you so much for inquiring!

;)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2003, 11:29:47 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Tomovoz

« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2003, 11:28:51 AM »

DR MBarnum, The "real" singing nun Sister Luc-Gabrielle (Jeanine Deckers) aka Soeur Sourire (Sister Smile) had the #1 hit "Dominique" in the USA the day of your birth.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2003, 11:32:35 AM »

Very good DR Tom.

Ron - whassamattaU?

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2003, 11:33:20 AM »

That is so true, MattH, apparently once you hit thirty-five you might as well drown in the dating pool.

What?  Washed up at 35???

Nahhhhhh!

:)   :)

William E. Lurie

« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2003, 11:37:10 AM »

NEW MOON was one case where Encore's usual slashing of the book helped instead of hurting.  I saw a video of NYCO's production from the late 80s and found it very hard to sit through with the complete book.

By the way, WONDERFUL TOWN is one of the few books that had only minor trims.  In some cases (TENDERLOIN and BLOOMER GIRLS come instantly to mind) so much book was lost that it made the plot difficult to follow.  This was not the case with NEW MOON where dated comedy was toned down or eliminated while enough of the main plot remained that it was still easy to know what was going on.
Years from now when you talk of this --- and you will --- be kind.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2003, 11:37:27 AM »

Very good DR Tom.

Ron - whassamattaU?

I'm all discombobulated, JRand!

I'm light-sensitive today for some reason...with little needling stabs behind my eyes at times....and am engulfed in a general malaise of an out-of-sorts, standing-beside-myself, takes-every-ounce-of-effort-to-do-the-simplest-thing kind of feeling.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2003, 11:44:11 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]HAPPY BIRTHDAY MBARNUM!!![/move]
I (and I'm sure others) have posted this before, but I just love this "smilie" -- it's like a bunch of Muppets doing The Wave:
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2003, 11:44:59 AM »

DR Ron, we are indeed brothers-under-the-skin. I got up this morning in a very crabby mood. I had two dreams last night about being back in the classroom as a teacher, and that is NOT where I wanted to be. I guess it's just nerves waiting for the phone to ring (or not) about the audition, but I was not in a good frame of mind this morning. A nice lunch at KFC has made me more chipper.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jennifer

« Reply #69 on: December 10, 2003, 11:46:52 AM »

I am gorging on chocalate today...mint m&ms, peanut m&ms, Sees dark chocolates...man do these guys at work know me or what! I am gonna be sick pretty soon, though, if I don't stop eating it all.

Are you eating my chocolate again? :)

Jennifer

« Reply #70 on: December 10, 2003, 11:49:37 AM »

DR George: Those look like M+Ms to me :)

Jennifer

« Reply #71 on: December 10, 2003, 11:57:25 AM »

Ask BK:

You've got a musical theatre CD to sell (via website only), but no budget for promotion.  What do you do to make all the musical theatre CD collectors out there aware of its existence?

http://www.weddingmusical.com/

This is what I would do.  Write up a press release and send it to PBOL, broadway.com, talkinbroadway and any other big theatre website you can think of.

See if Ken Mandelbaum would like a copy (maybe he'd write about it).

Write an article about making the cd and the wedding.  Have it printed on one of the theatre sites.

Email james marino at broadwaystars and ask him if he'll post a link to it.

See if you can write something also at broadwayworld, or theatremania.  Just get the info out to as many places as you can.

And btw <sob> maybe you can come up with a HHW Canadian cd price (since there are only 1 or 2 who might want the cd).  Email me please.

I wonder if there is some place in NYC where you could sell copies. What about Footlight?  Good luck. Btw, I love stuff like this, so if you need more ideas email me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #72 on: December 10, 2003, 11:57:52 AM »

Another thing that may have influenced my mood is that it has been raining here since early morning. There have been periods where it will stop briefly, but then it will start up again, and it's just very gray and dismal. Why is it that summer showers can be so pleasant, but to rain on a late fall/early winter's day is just depressing?
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Diane

« Reply #73 on: December 10, 2003, 11:59:38 AM »

Ron: I'm quite sorry to hear you are not feeling well..to much drinking las night? ;)

Matt: How did the audition go? I want details!
I LOVE A Piano....

Jennifer

« Reply #74 on: December 10, 2003, 11:59:40 AM »

DR Diane (the new karma lady) wrote:
Jennifer: OMG!  She is so lame..and I kinda thought she seemed cool when I was watching the show.

I have mixed feelings. I'm sure she's nice. But I just don't get her. The few people I know who watched the show were disgusted with the rocky editing and with her.  What did you think of the promo for version 2 starting in a few weeks?

« Last Edit: December 10, 2003, 12:12:28 PM by Jennifer »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #75 on: December 10, 2003, 12:00:06 PM »

Those mint M&Ms are my new favorite candy.  They are awesome.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #76 on: December 10, 2003, 12:06:51 PM »

Diane: Ummm...no.  It wasn't "the drink."  I seldom have anything more than a glass of wine with a meal.

It poured here, off and on, last night, and more is on its way.  I was unable to get comfortable in bed last night...and the oddest thing was that I couldn't get comfortable on my left side, which "never" happens (until now).

I've been attributing some aches this morning to the sleeping positions last night, but I'm not so sure that's what's going on.

CRABBY!. Matt H?  Who you callin' c-r-a-b-b-y!

:)

MBarnum

« Reply #77 on: December 10, 2003, 12:23:57 PM »

Tom from Oz: Ah so that is the connection (with the Singing Nun)! I do believe that today is Ms. Yvonne DeCarlo's birthday also...I don't think she is turning 40, however!

Jay, according to Edd Byrnes, Luana Anders, and Columbia Studios LIFE BEGINS AT 17!

TCB: I just tried those mint M&Ms yesterday and I agree...they are truley scrumptious!!! Yum!!

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #78 on: December 10, 2003, 12:27:33 PM »

I think we should have a rule here at HainesHisWay.com that only one Dear Reader be allowed to be in a nasty mood at any one time.

When the designated nasty-mooded Dear Reader is done being nasty, then he/she can vacate his/her throne of nastiness and make way for whomever is next in line.

This will allow us to keep nastiness at acceptable levels at all times.  Since our rule here about groaning works quite well, I thought we might consider adopting this second rule.

Oh yes.  Since this is his site, Dear BK, of course, can be allowed a nasty mood at any time he likes.
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #79 on: December 10, 2003, 12:30:13 PM »

Good morning, Miss Crabtree!   ;D

Jennifer

« Reply #80 on: December 10, 2003, 12:31:27 PM »

What are mint M+Ms? Just regular ones with minty flavored chocolate?  

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2003, 12:32:04 PM »

Note to DR Ron: Get out of Miss Vickie's catnip stash!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #82 on: December 10, 2003, 12:34:36 PM »

And btw <sob> maybe you can come up with a HHW Canadian cd price (since there are only 1 or 2 who might want the cd).

I did a little investigating and I now know the postage.  But, if there's forms to fill out and lines to stand in, that means I have to estimate how much to charge for the "handling" of all that.  So, there you have a DR Question: what sort of forms do you have to fill out to send a 4 ounce package from the U.S. to Canada?

www.WeddingMusical.com
« Last Edit: December 10, 2003, 12:43:09 PM by Noel »
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

Diane

« Reply #83 on: December 10, 2003, 12:41:56 PM »

Jennifer: The promo's looked like the same show different location. The new chick seemed a bit more annoyed with the guys lack of great looks though! Will you be watching?

Ronn: Not sleeping well is the worst! You should try some melatonin or kava kava. Both work very well and are all natural too. Hope tonight is better.
I LOVE A Piano....

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: December 10, 2003, 12:41:59 PM »

Noel: If you can afford a couple hundred dollars, that will buy you a banner ad at Talkin' B'way for three months (and I think it's cheaper even if you just do a month) - same with Broadwayworld.com.  Otherwise, the press release thing works, so that people can read about it.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #85 on: December 10, 2003, 12:49:23 PM »

Ron --  Have you thought about possibly calling your doctor just to see what he thinks your symptoms might mean?

I actually took the Evelyn Wood Reading Dynamics Course back when I was still in college (and Evelyn was still alive).  The amazing thing is that the course really does work, but you have to continually use the skill or it is easily lost.  When I was really good at it (the reading, Tom) it was very helpful for studying textbooks and retaining what I read.  Unfortunately, I could never get to the point where I used it for my enjoyment reading.  I like to read in bed, and that course is really designed for people to use in a sitting position.  After a while, I just stopped practicing it every day, and within a few weeks I lost the knack.  I could probably retrain myself, but the only reading I do now is for pleasure, so what would be the point?  Still it is a valuable tool that all kids should learn at an early age.
“One thing’s universal,

Jennifer

« Reply #86 on: December 10, 2003, 12:50:22 PM »

I did a little investigating and I now know the postage.  But, if there's forms to fill out and lines to stand in, that means I have to estimate how much to charge for the "handling" of all that.  So, there you have a DR Question: what sort of forms do you have to fill out to send a 4 ounce package from the U.S. to Canada?

www.WeddingMusical.com

So what is the postage? $2?

For a cd (assuming it's packed in a cd pack) I believe there are no forms. That is too small. But even if it were sent as a small package, you would just have to write 3 words on a little green slip (saying cd, checking off the gift box and putting the value). Presto it's easy.  How about you email me a price preferably not more than a couple of dollars (use me as a test sample). And see how much trouble it is.  It shouldn't be this hard to get a cd, should it? :(

Tomovoz

« Reply #87 on: December 10, 2003, 12:51:40 PM »

Yvonne De Carlo? Surely you were too young to be the Grocery Clerk who could "fox trot" MBarnum!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #88 on: December 10, 2003, 12:53:42 PM »

What are mint M+Ms? Just regular ones with minty flavored chocolate?  

Oh, you Canadians!
“One thing’s universal,

Jennifer

« Reply #89 on: December 10, 2003, 12:53:46 PM »

Jennifer: The promo's looked like the same show different location. The new chick seemed a bit more annoyed with the guys lack of great looks though! Will you be watching?

Depends when it's on. If I have something else at the same time, I might not watch.They really aggravated me with the finale, so I'm not sure.  Yeah, the new woman seemed really peeved. Well she is even more of a model type/beauty queen than this past one.  Plus it's not just that these guys are average, some of them are quite ugly. I would like to see them have overweight people who are attractive.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up