Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: EVELYN WOOD  (Read 20853 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:EVELYN WOOD
« Reply #120 on: December 10, 2003, 02:54:07 PM »

The Mint M&Ms are a seasonal item.  Just keep looking.  :-)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #121 on: December 10, 2003, 03:39:02 PM »

What is this thing called lull
This crazy thing called lull?
I find this lull dull
I'd like to make this lull null

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #122 on: December 10, 2003, 03:39:50 PM »

Have I mentioned that I am bored of this lull?  Lose the lull, baby.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #123 on: December 10, 2003, 03:41:51 PM »

There's a lull on this website
There's a lull that I see
Take good care of this lull
Add some posts for me

Ben

« Reply #124 on: December 10, 2003, 03:42:12 PM »

Happy Birthday MBarnum!!!

Just checking in. Another day at BCEFA. This time next week we will be in London!!!  Hoo and Ray!

Tomovoz

« Reply #125 on: December 10, 2003, 03:43:52 PM »

I thought it was WEL and Ray. Is there something I should know?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #126 on: December 10, 2003, 03:44:32 PM »

The lull'll come out tomorrow
Bet your bottom dollar there's a lull
We don't need
We don't need a lull tomorrow
We've had such a lull today my sorrow
Is immense...

Tomovoz

« Reply #127 on: December 10, 2003, 03:45:41 PM »

Ben: I assume you and Ant. will be going to see some shows in London. Any plans? "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" perhaps?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #128 on: December 10, 2003, 03:47:13 PM »

Can't break the lull for too much longer. LOTR TT  shall be starting in 30 minutes.
James Thurber 1957

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #129 on: December 10, 2003, 03:52:21 PM »

I know I'm posting late in the day, but I have been soo busy!  First Western Civ class (soooo inutterably boring), then lupper/early bird special or whatever you call it with a friend at Olive Garden, and now I am at work where it has been soo packed and I've worked on at least 3 people's papers.  Geez...I say "sooo" a lot, don't I?

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE VERY COOL AND CUTE MBARNUM!!![/move]

(I tried to find a Bollywood looking smiley but just went with exotic).

I can't think of any good questions right now.  How about this to sit with my mood...what subject did you HATE the most in school?  It's math for me all the way.  

Sarah--You scared me with that death notice!  I am VERY glad to hear that the loss was only your curling iron.  May it rest in peace.

Emily--Okay, okay, ultimatum noted.  I will know within the next day or two my plans!

Matt H.--Glad the audition went relatively well!

Re: Debbie Reynolds

A friend of mine sent me a clip of her singing Take Back Your Mink.  Now I LOVE Debbie as Kathy Selden but this was one of the most horrific things I ever heard in my life...she just shrieked though the song...it was sooo schtick, not funny at all.  Did she play Miss Adelaide and did anyone see her do so?

Blah..off to American Lit class.  Gah, I hate Wednesdays.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #130 on: December 10, 2003, 03:59:41 PM »

Noel - there is a small green card that is a LOT like the Certified Mail card that you have to fill out and declare what is in the package and if it is a gift or merchandise and the value....how you do that I think determines if there is a charge at the other end.  

You can get the cards at the post office, but you have to stand in line to get it stamped and signed and all.

These are customs declaration forms and they must be attached to packages being mailed overseas.  In the U.S., you can fill out the green form and the attached white detachable form and put them on a package -- undetached -- and put the package into a mailbox IF you have the correct postage and the package does not exceed 16 oz.    I found this out when talking to our mailman here at work -- he said as long as I didn't detach the white portion of the declaration form, the post office would process the package as if I had taken it to a window.

It's probably best, however, to wrap a rubber band around the package and the white section (which does not adhere to the package) so that it does not detach.

Michael

« Reply #131 on: December 10, 2003, 04:02:28 PM »

Ask BK day:
Was The First Nudie Musical Submitted for Academy Award Consideration?

These were  the Nominee for the films in released in 1976

Best Music, Song

Winner:
  Star Is Born, A (1976) - Barbra Streisand (music); Paul Williams (III) (lyrics)
- For the song "Evergreen (Love Theme from A Star Is Born)"

Other Nominees:

Half a House (1976) - Sammy Fain (music); Paul Francis Webster (lyrics) Never never heard of this song or the fim.
- For the song "A World that Never Was"
Omen, The (1976) - Jerry Goldsmith[
- For the song "Ave Satani" How did this song get nominated when it is sing in Latin and translates as Long Live Satan?
Pink Panther Strikes Again, The (1976) - Henry Mancini (music); Don Black (I) (lyrics)Did they shorten the category to only three???
- For the song "Come to Me"
Rocky (1976) - Bill Conti (music); Carol Connors (I) (lyrics); Ayn Robbins (lyrics)
- For the song "Gonna Fly Now"  

Best Music, Original Song Score and Its Adaptation or Best Adaptation Score
Only three? There was room for two more movies!
 Winner:
  Bound for Glory (1976) - Leonard Rosenman

Other Nominees:
  Bugsy Malone (1976) - Paul Williams (III)
Star Is Born, A (1976) - Roger Kellaway

Only three? There was room for two more movies

« Last Edit: December 10, 2003, 04:09:10 PM by Michael Shayne »
Never stop dreaming.

Jennifer

« Reply #132 on: December 10, 2003, 04:04:16 PM »

Hey BK when you return from wherever you went I have a question: When you were on the Atkins program, what were some of the more interesting low point things you ate?

I personally really like jello lite with whipped topping.

I'm not so sure i like pilates (like outdoor bike riding more). But I think I've lost 2 lbs in just 3 days. Woohoo.  For some reason I think I will have very good results at the end of the 2 weeks.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #133 on: December 10, 2003, 04:09:11 PM »

Six days from now, I shall be packed and ready to head out to SFO for my flight to South Carolina and a Home For the Holidays two weeks!

While it seems like it's all I can do to remain patient through each day, the days just fly by without warning.

I admit there's a degree of stress related to this impending travel, and I've tried to alleviate as much as possible of this, but it's still there.

Just thinking about it gives me a small attack of nerves and it's a whole week away!

Jed

« Reply #134 on: December 10, 2003, 04:11:39 PM »

Hello all.  Had a good day, subbing for HS choir.  Nice when I actually get to do what I'm trained to do for a change!

Hated school subjects?  Science was always my least favorite, particularly biology.  Just didn't/doesn't interest me one bit.

Oh!  Bugsy Malone is mentioned in an above post!  This always pleases me.  Why the heck is this STILL not available on Region 1 DVD???  It's a true guilty pleasure from my childhood.  At least I do have a (non-legit) CD of the score.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Jennifer

« Reply #135 on: December 10, 2003, 04:13:31 PM »

OMG, amazon.ca cracks me up!  DR Emily please tell me that it's not just me that has these problems.

So yesterday I had sent an email asking why the Wicked cd was now listed at 5-7 weeks (they said they didn't know the release date, even though i had told them it was next tuesday). Anyhow the person was nice and said they would ship the rest of my order.

Now why is it when they do this, they never check their work. I was supposed to have free shipping and for some reason since they split the order my shipping was now $16.50 (for a $30 order :) )

So I emailed them again and they fixed it. But somehow when they split the order the price got increased by $1 (with the taxes ...).

So I get the most hilarious email just now saying that the problem was a result of both "human and technical errors" and "in no way did we intend for this to happen".  Ha. Good one. I love this line.  Oy.

Sometimes I wonder who they hire at these places. This happens EVERY TIME they split my order. You'd think that they would show these people how to check their work :)

Okay rant over. Sorry. I just thought the note was funny.

Okay I"m off now.  DR Noel I sent you a message/payment by paypal. I hope you got it. Yeah, I'm gonna hear Noel and Joy sing soon!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #136 on: December 10, 2003, 04:14:29 PM »

Is the lull over yet?

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #137 on: December 10, 2003, 04:15:34 PM »

Michael:  The 70s were awful years for music awards and the Academy, and it hasn't yet recovered.

In those years of three nominees, I always felt there were other possible candidates, but they didn't get nominations for whatever reason.

And Hey!  Don't knock "Ave Satani"!  It was an original song in a highly successful film.  They don't always have to be chartbusters to be considered best of the year!

:)

William E. Lurie

« Reply #138 on: December 10, 2003, 04:20:01 PM »

ladoderjon---
The MTM situation was discussed the day it happened.  If I'm not mistaken, a link to the Michael Reidel column was posted.  I'm sure when it makes the news again (like when her replacement is announced) it will be the subject of discussion.  And yes she was being fed her lines through an earpiece.

Re stars missing performances: A semi-name with a major role on Broadway took two weeks off to do a show at Encores.  I stopped by the box office of her theatre to ask who was doing the role that week and was told she would not be out of the show (even though I had just seen her in the Encores matinee and knew she would be in the show at night).

When Gwen Verdon had surgery during CHICAGO she was replaced by Liza but Liza got no billing, program credit, etc. , just the standard understudy announcement.  Word got out and that was what turned the show from flop to hit... even when Gwen came back.  And Gwen was known for doing something (in most of her shows) that was worse than constantly missing performances... she would show up but cut one or two of her numbers depending on  her mood at each performance.
Years from now when you talk of this --- and you will --- be kind.

Andrea

« Reply #139 on: December 10, 2003, 04:21:37 PM »

Happy Birthday to DR MBarnum!!!!!!

broadway prices, unless you happen to do the lottery, chances are your tickets will not be cheap.  Maybe check out standing room only tickets (and then if there are empty seats you can move down).  Tickets will probably cost at least $50 US

Happy b-day MBarnum.

Yeah, I love the met. I went last time I was there and I so didn't have enough time to see everything. This is why I'd rather do it alone.

Re: Broadway tickets

I still maintain since I got 30$ second row tickets last time I went, that I shouldn't pay that much more.

And my big problem is that I don't really like seeing musical theatre live when I've paid a lot of it. It disappoints me. I love the music, but i'd much rather see a cheap student production. To me, its all the same, the magic is still there.

Jed

« Reply #140 on: December 10, 2003, 04:28:00 PM »

My goodness!  How did I possibly forget to add in my...

Happy Birthday, MBarnum!!!
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #141 on: December 10, 2003, 04:36:47 PM »

What I'd like to hear from MBarnum is what kind of special day he has had!

Did he have, will have a special meal?

Did he/will he do anything special?

Has he treated himself to something shamefully wonderful because he deserves it?

« Last Edit: December 10, 2003, 04:37:11 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #142 on: December 10, 2003, 04:39:07 PM »

That's also something I'd like to know from BK!

Did you give yourself something truly special on your birthday because you deserve it?

Andrea

« Reply #143 on: December 10, 2003, 04:41:18 PM »

I'm not so sure i like pilates (like outdoor bike riding more). But I think I've lost 2 lbs in just 3 days. Woohoo.  For some reason I think I will have very good results at the end of the 2 weeks.

I love pilates. It hurts so much yet feels soooo good

Emily

« Reply #144 on: December 10, 2003, 04:51:11 PM »

Re: Broadway tickets

I still maintain since I got 30$ second row tickets last time I went, that I shouldn't pay that much more.

And my big problem is that I don't really like seeing musical theatre live when I've paid a lot of it. It disappoints me. I love the music, but i'd much rather see a cheap student production. To me, its all the same, the magic is still there.

andrea you saw PHANTOM.  PHANTOM!!!

that does not count... they should have paid YOU the $30 ;)

(no offence to any phantom lovers...)
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

ladodgerjon

• Unseemly Lunch Date
« Reply #145 on: December 10, 2003, 05:04:55 PM »

Jen--

Can't get into specifics... waaay too small a town 'round here. Most of the stuff you could figure-out yourself...

Andrea

« Reply #146 on: December 10, 2003, 05:12:30 PM »

And I enjoyed phantom!

Anyone who is interested..
My cell phone company just sent me a 5$ off code for amazon.ca

Let me know if anyone wants it (Jen? Emily?)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #147 on: December 10, 2003, 05:17:14 PM »

I have never been a fan of the Evelyn Wood Speed Reading program.  I don't think anyone can really comprehend what they are reading when they are on speed, or any other drug for that matter.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #148 on: December 10, 2003, 05:25:12 PM »

Right now, I've got a lamb roast in the oven.  Der Brucer's son-in-law has supplied us with duck and venison, waiting in the freezer.

This makes me think of a question for BK and all the DRs: so much of the time, those of us who are carnivores eat beef, chicken, and pork (without which we wouldn't have ham chunks, right?).  Sometimes we branch out, with turkey during the holidays, or lamb.  Ostrich was popular in the high-end restaurants for a while.

But what are the more unusual meats you have enjoyed?  I've had buffalo and bear.  (Buffalo was like very lean beef; bear was gamier, but tasty.)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

MBarnum

« Reply #149 on: December 10, 2003, 05:45:05 PM »

But what are the more unusual meats you have enjoyed?  

SWW, you do know that that question is going to get you some very interesting answers! Tom, Ron, TCB, anyone??LOL!

I ate squirrell once when I was  a kid. Don't remember much about it. Probably ate snake meat as well. Beef tongue is good.

Science and math were my most disliked classes in school.

Have had a wonderful b'day thus far DR Ron, my buddies Ron and Pat are taking me to dinner in a few minutes!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up