Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: LET'S TWIST AGAIN  (Read 53690 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:LET'S TWIST AGAIN
« Reply #90 on: July 07, 2006, 09:53:11 AM »

Back from a very brisk jog, and now I must shower before the guests arrive.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #91 on: July 07, 2006, 09:55:54 AM »

BK, I MUST get this TWIST DVD.  Is it something that one might find at such places like Best Buy?  My sources for bizarre and unusual fare like The Twist are limited.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #92 on: July 07, 2006, 10:05:28 AM »

What Sondheim shows did they promise last year?

And OH, BOY!  That "Candide" release is WAY OVERDUE!

Last year BMG planned re-releases of SWEENEY TODD, MERRILY, INTO THE WOODS and SUNDAY/GEORGE with bonus material, but they never happened.

I'm also thrilled with the CANDIDE CD (I hope the Lisbon earthquake is still as thunderous.)  

All that would remain on my wish list is the Public Theater THREEPENNY OPERA with Raul Julia.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #93 on: July 07, 2006, 10:20:07 AM »

Ya know, I recall that my sister and I watched GRINDL every week on our little balck and white TV and that we liked it a lot, but all I can remember about the show nowadays is a snippet from the opening where Imogene Coca slams her umbrella on a car hood as she's crossing a street.

Maybe they'll get around to releasing GRINDL, THE COMPLETE SERIES on DVD.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #94 on: July 07, 2006, 10:33:53 AM »

I'm also thrilled with the CANDIDE CD (I hope the Lisbon earthquake is still as thunderous.)  

All that would remain on my wish list is the Public Theater THREEPENNY OPERA with Raul Julia.

I want both of these!  
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: July 07, 2006, 10:47:17 AM »

Not quite sure if Best Buy would have it.  The label has sort of gone under from what I understand.  See if it's on amazon - if it is, I'll purchase it for you and you can send me the dough.

No sign of TPunk and Rodzinski yet - traffic must be appalling.

George

« Reply #96 on: July 07, 2006, 11:27:17 AM »

Speaking of hellish reality shows, did anyone mention AMERICA'S GOT TALENT and I missed it?  Joann, my sister-in-law, and I have laughed ourselves silly over it and sat boggled at some of the wonderful acts.

It's basically "The Gong Show" with call backs.  Some of the acts are very, very good...and, of course, others aren't. ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: July 07, 2006, 12:26:15 PM »

It's basically "The Gong Show" with call backs.  Some of the acts are very, very good...and, of course, others aren't. ::)

I just hadn't seen anyone writing about watching it.  I think it's certainly more fun thatn the idiotic AMERICAN YODEL.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

« Reply #98 on: July 07, 2006, 12:30:19 PM »

I just hadn't seen anyone writing about watching it.  I think it's certainly more fun thatn the idiotic AMERICAN YODEL.

I've never watched that at all...mostly because they're all very young and the kind of music that they mostly sing isn't what I'm interested in listening to.  At least "America's Got Talent" (but not all of America) showcases a very wide range of ages and talent levels.  And they don't make too much fun of the people who don't have "it."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: July 07, 2006, 01:04:17 PM »

Back from a lovely luncheon with TPunk and Rodzinski.  We went to Marie Callendar's and ate obscene amounts of food - either that or my stomach has really shrunk because I am FULL.  Now I have to figure out what the rest of the day holds.

Ginny

« Reply #100 on: July 07, 2006, 01:13:09 PM »

Now that I'm only information-waitressing one day a week, it seems that the patrons are crazier and more belligerent than ever.  Of course, there's a full moon Monday, so that explains a lot (glad it's my 3-day weekend coming up!).
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 01:13:59 PM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #101 on: July 07, 2006, 01:18:27 PM »

Have had a full afternoon of video. First I got my bank and grocery shopping errands accomplished even though there was road construction, and I had to take detours. Most annoying!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #102 on: July 07, 2006, 01:24:12 PM »

Next I checked out the TCM broadcast of A DATE WITH JUDY. It was so beautiful, so sharp (except in close-ups of Powell and Taylor) and Technicolorful that I immediately bruned a DVD-R right then and there.The laserdisc goes instantly into storage.

The movie is too long for what it is, and since everyone has to get multiple moments in the spotlight, it extends things so Carmen Miranda can do a couple of numbers and Xavier Cugat likewise in addition to Powell's arias throughout. Good thing Wallace Beery and Robert Stack couldn't sing or dance (much).

BTW, there aren't many more gorgeous couples ever in the movies than Elizabeth Taylor and Robert Stack in this movie.

Matt H.

« Reply #103 on: July 07, 2006, 01:26:57 PM »

Next came last night's CSI, a rerun of the season's next-to-last episode featuring the brutal murder of lawyer Veronica Cartwright. I remembered that the episode featured multiple narrators, but I didn't remember the identity of the murderer at all, so it was a good episode to revisit.

And it also had George Eads with that godawful Beatles haircut shaved off. Hopefully, he won't let it grow back for next season's episodes.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #104 on: July 07, 2006, 01:27:50 PM »

And they don't make too much fun of the people who don't have "it."

I take it you didn't see the first episode - they sent them out in fits of anger and tears! They didn't even let one performer get started before he was "X" off. (Of vourse he was going to play a musical saw, so maybe it was a coup de grace.)

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Matt H.

« Reply #105 on: July 07, 2006, 01:28:07 PM »

Watched the last of the evening's THE OFFICE reruns, this one being the season finale episode, the one in which Jim professed his true feelings for Pam after two seasons of carrying a torch. Of course, that was the cliffhanger that we're living through the summer enduring.

Matt H.

« Reply #106 on: July 07, 2006, 01:29:54 PM »

Then, I had time to start on HEX. I only got about 20 minutes in, and I'm only now sorting out who some of the characters are. First impression is that I don't think I'm going to get hooked, but I haven't gotten to the end of the episode yet so I'll reserve final judgment until I do.

George

« Reply #107 on: July 07, 2006, 01:30:40 PM »

Well, my evaluation went quite well.  I actually expected it to go well, but thanks for all the vibes, just the same!!  So, I'm good until next year. ;D

Matt H.

« Reply #108 on: July 07, 2006, 01:31:05 PM »

And just a note to remind those interested that the season premiere of MONK is tonight, moved up to 9 p.m. to accommodate the premiere of the new comedy mystery series PSYCH. Its 90 minute pilot airs tonight at 10, so I'll be on later tonight than usual since I will be watching.

Matt H.

« Reply #109 on: July 07, 2006, 01:31:52 PM »

Well, my evaluation went quite well.  I actually expected it to go well, but thanks for all the vibes, just the same!!  So, I'm good until next year. ;D

Great news! Congratulations!   :D

George

« Reply #110 on: July 07, 2006, 01:40:16 PM »

I take it you didn't see the first episode - they sent them out in fits of anger and tears! They didn't even let one performer get started before he was "X" off. (Of vourse he was going to play a musical saw, so maybe it was a coup de grace.)

der Brucer

Oops...you're right.  I did forget about that. ::)

Ginny

« Reply #111 on: July 07, 2006, 01:40:52 PM »

Congratulations, DR George, on your glowing review!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DERBRUCER

« Reply #112 on: July 07, 2006, 01:44:24 PM »

See if it's on amazon - if it is, I'll purchase it for you and you can send me the dough.

Is this it (TWIST)

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #113 on: July 07, 2006, 01:45:54 PM »

A glowing testament to the value of wearing clean underwear!

der Bruer

George

« Reply #114 on: July 07, 2006, 01:46:00 PM »

Great news! Congratulations!   :D

Thank you!

George

« Reply #115 on: July 07, 2006, 01:48:31 PM »

A glowing testament to the value of wearing clean underwear!

der Bruer

Yup...clean underwear does it every time! ;D

DERBRUCER

« Reply #116 on: July 07, 2006, 02:09:43 PM »

Money Making tip: go into the DPFE business!

What is that you may ask? Well, it's what made my "Service Engine Soon" light glow insistently.

It cost $111.00 to find out that was the problem and another $180.00 to replace it!

The Differential Pressure Feedback EGR  (DPFE) Sensor

(a Ceramic capacitive pressure transducer) - seems to serve no function except to light the idiot light to get you to the dealer!

der Brucer

Danise

« Reply #117 on: July 07, 2006, 02:13:44 PM »

HI all!  I hate that yearly review process myself.  I really could care less about if I get a "o" or an "e" or whatever, just show me the money!  That speaks volumes.  And if I don't get what I think I should for more then I few years, I'd go looking else where.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #118 on: July 07, 2006, 02:17:45 PM »

TGIF!  I'm on my way home to Mom, Bear and Sheena, Queen of Jungle!

We're still having a few problems with her but I don't think I'll be taking her back.  I honestly like her.  She's full of fire and pepper.

I have this very cute video I shot of her and Bear.  The camera is just on Bear.  Then zooom! There goes Sheena running though the shot.  Bear turns to look that way and zoooom there runs Sheena though the other side of the shot.  All the time she's barking and pulling a trash bag that I had out to pick up some yard waste.

Bear looks so confused as she runs all around him.  I might have to try to post that one.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #119 on: July 07, 2006, 02:18:12 PM »

Gotta run--laters all!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up