Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MISSING HOURS  (Read 63781 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:THE MISSING HOURS
« Reply #90 on: July 12, 2006, 07:51:50 AM »

And now, Page FOUR!!!!!

*And it's not even Noon yet on the East Coast!
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #91 on: July 12, 2006, 07:53:20 AM »

Something silly just occured to me.

Do soap actors ever get written out of shows because the writers run out of ideas for stories for their characters?

Mr. Ashford could well have been given the axe not for anything he has or hasn't done, but because the writers have run out of things to say about his character.

Could happen.

In any case, it seems to me that he'll be able to find other work, and quickly.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #92 on: July 12, 2006, 07:54:05 AM »

And now, Page FOUR!!!!!

*And it's not even Noon yet on the East Coast!

I know!  Bk should be very pleased when he comes to the forum today.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #93 on: July 12, 2006, 07:54:05 AM »

DR Danise - Vibes to You and Your Mother.
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #94 on: July 12, 2006, 07:54:26 AM »

Good Morning!

I have a coaching to prepare for later today, so...  I guess that means I should clean my room.

;)
Coaching doing what, pray tell?

Fresh sheets on the bed are always a nice idea.

::)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

« Reply #95 on: July 12, 2006, 07:55:22 AM »

Running out of ideas for characters is the most often quoted reason for letting soap actors go, but often that's used as a mask for other trouble behind the scenes.

FJL

« Reply #96 on: July 12, 2006, 07:55:29 AM »

Happy happy birthday, Cillaliz!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #97 on: July 12, 2006, 07:55:38 AM »

DR elmore - Do I suspect 2-for-1 margaritas at La Cocina somewhere in the near future?  *Could you have a margarita while soaking in the tub?

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #98 on: July 12, 2006, 07:56:10 AM »

Vibes to DakotaCelt and her family.

FJL

« Reply #99 on: July 12, 2006, 07:56:41 AM »

Strength vibes to Danise and her family.

Ben

« Reply #100 on: July 12, 2006, 07:57:40 AM »

MBarnum, there is probably no relation but I will ask Anthony when I go home for lunch.

Unless, perhaps, the family got angry at him for leaving Brooklyn, NY for the wilds of California and then, on top of it, changing his name from Morelli to Colton so they cut him out of their lives!!!  ;)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #101 on: July 12, 2006, 07:59:15 AM »

Coaching doing what, pray tell?

Fresh sheets on the bed are always a nice idea.

::)

Well...  A singer just needs to go over some music for an upcoming audition.  That's all.

However, I always wash my bed linens regularly.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #102 on: July 12, 2006, 07:59:57 AM »

Oohh... That last sentence is just ripe for pickin'!

-I'll just leave it...  for now.

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #103 on: July 12, 2006, 08:02:08 AM »

I don't know anything about the merits of the Pirates case, but it seems that the fact that it takes someone a few years to actually sue is irrelevant, as long as they made some attempt to resolve the matter without going to court prior to that.  The statute of limitations (limit on time to sue) should be just that, a period of time a person has to bring a case and if they choose to try to resolve the matter without the courts and then only sue if they get nowhere, I personally feel that shouldn't be held against them.  But that says nothing about the merits, and I'm sure Pogue's point of view is more relevant about the merits as to the actual movie industry.

Cillaliz

« Reply #104 on: July 12, 2006, 08:02:24 AM »

You guys are too sweet and are really making my morning.  Thanks again.  

This will most likely be an uneventful birthday.  I celebrated with my parents on Sunday. My mother likes my red couch so much she bought me a set of poppy dishes to go with it.  When she said it was to go with my livingroom, I said "But Mom, we aren't supposed to eat in the livingroom, remember?" They will be fine in the kitchen or dining room and I really do like them but it was fun to tease her after all the years of hearing I shouldn't be eating in the livingroom.

The Air Conditioner man finally showed up.  So, now I must wait for him to finish and then off to work.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #105 on: July 12, 2006, 08:11:46 AM »

I must be off.  Der Brucer has things for us to do, on my day away from the registers.  Later.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: July 12, 2006, 08:37:45 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][size=8]ASK BK QUESTION DAY[/size][/move]

I was reading an old bio of yours and it mentions that you did the play Jimmy Shine in LA which got you your first agent. Please fill us in on that adventure.

When I got back from living in NY, and soon after my darling daughter entered the world, I was asked to do Jimmy Shine at LACC.  I was seen by actress Shelly Morrison, who really liked my performance.  She invited her agent, he liked me and signed me and I was on my way - got my first guest shot a month later.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: July 12, 2006, 08:41:18 AM »

Bruce, I'm coming out of lurkdom for a few moments here.  I'm one of the Administrators of the Connotator, the website for Matt and his character, Jack, on Days.  Sarah (DakotaCelt) has been wonderful about keeping us abreast during the play-to-DVD process of Deceit.  She's been a good ambassador!  

I got my copy yesterday, watched it last night, and wanted to tell you personally how much I enjoyed it.  I thought it was clever, with tons of witty dialogue, delivered perfectly by all three of you.  The twists and turns were dizzying and the ending was fantastic.  Thank you for making the DVD available for those of us who live too far away to see it in person.  

It's been a roller-coaster week for us Matt fans.  We had the excitement of receiving our DVD's, coupled with the news that he, once again, has been let go from Days of our Lives.  I saw you posted that you'll be seeing him this weekend.  Please let him know, for us, how sad, angry, disappointed, devastated, and any other negative emotions you can think of, we all are at the Connotator at the news of his imminent departure.  I know he's not too computer-savvy, but I hope he can find a few minutes to check out the Connotator and read all the posts, about his release from the show, as well as his performance in Deceit.  They are all in support of him, and Missy, for their futures.  

And thank you, Bruce, for seeing the talent that Matt possesses, and for always having a kind and supportive word about him.  It's meant alot to us at the Connotator.

Glad you enjoyed the DVD.  We've got a Ten Questions With Matthew Ashford going up on the Kritzerland site in the next day or two.  I'll post here when it's live, but it's fun and very informative and I think his fans will enjoy it.

Matt H.

« Reply #108 on: July 12, 2006, 08:44:19 AM »

I'm heading downstairs now to begin preparing lunch.

WBBL.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: July 12, 2006, 08:46:23 AM »

Always nice to see four plus pages of lovely postings so early.  Help me gird my loins for jogging and I'd better jog extra-long today, after those three Mrs. Fields' cookies and the pasta bolognese.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: July 12, 2006, 08:48:35 AM »

Getting stuck with deadbeat "roommates" is a pain, DR Elmore. I've had two in my life. One stayed 5 months, and the other an incredible 14 months. I only let the 14 month one stay because I was in love with him and hoping he'd come around. He did pay his half of "selected" utilities (the cheaper ones like water and natural gas; of course, gas isn't cheap any more). Oh, the horror stories I could tell!

Luckily, I'm not remotely in love with Dylan, but I'm sure beginning to feel how my Dad felt between 1972 and 1979, while I was struggling with depression, inertia, and inabiiity to handle my life!  I did accomplish a lot and perfected a lot of my craft during that period, but I'm sure my parents regarded me as a total waste of time.  Luckily, they never abandoned me or gave up.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #111 on: July 12, 2006, 08:50:15 AM »

Good Morning!

I have a coaching to prepare for later today, so...  I guess that means I should clean my room.

;)

There are so many questions I have about this "coaching."
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: July 12, 2006, 08:54:29 AM »

DR elmore - Do I suspect 2-for-1 margaritas at La Cocina somewhere in the near future?  *Could you have a margarita while soaking in the tub?

;)

Yep!  I have a dinner date with Betty Auman of the LoC there tonight at 6:30.  Want to join us?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: July 12, 2006, 08:56:15 AM »

elmore, are you ready for us to send MUSIC to you?  I think Ross is finished making his fixes - he'll also be sending a CD of a bad recording we made with me singing the stuff.  If you need something better than the bad recording, we can do it again (the recording is fine - but I don't know about the singing part).

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: July 12, 2006, 08:58:04 AM »

Well...  A singer just needs to go over some music for an upcoming audition.  That's all.

However, I always wash my bed linens regularly.

When I was at Miami University, there was a married director who was notorious for giving the football players in his speech class, as well as several handsome actors in his productions, "breathing lessons."   What sort of lessons are you giving, DR Jose?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #115 on: July 12, 2006, 08:59:10 AM »

elmore, are you ready for us to send MUSIC to you?  I think Ross is finished making his fixes - he'll also be sending a CD of a bad recording we made with me singing the stuff.  If you need something better than the bad recording, we can do it again (the recording is fine - but I don't know about the singing part).

Yep!  I'm back and I'm ready!  I was happy to get the DVD of DECEIT in my mail this morning.  Is Mr Haines still doing your demos?  If so, I'm sure it will be fine.

Jennifer

« Reply #116 on: July 12, 2006, 09:25:22 AM »

Happy Birthday DR Cillaliz!

Good vibes to DR DakotaCelt's father. ~~~~~~~~~~~

Good vibes to DR Elmore. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good vibes to DR Danise and her mom. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #117 on: July 12, 2006, 09:34:51 AM »

Heigh-ho!

I'm here, I'm weary, and I'm bored.

Have been sleeping very well lately, but for some reason, I've had difficulties the past couple of days in getting out of bed.  I'm just pooped, for some reason...possibly it's an allery thing.

We are supposed to get some of our hottest weather in a long time over the next five days.  Here in Oakland, it's rare that we get days in the upper 80s, although it happens.  Weatherman last night suggested we might see a day or two of triple digits and some high humidity.

!!!!!

I hate this global warming thingie!

If I wanted weather like that, I'd be living in South Carolina!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #118 on: July 12, 2006, 09:47:53 AM »

~ ~ ~ ~ ~  VIBES OF HEALTH FOR DR DAKOTACELT'S DAD  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #119 on: July 12, 2006, 09:48:46 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]! ! ! ! !  COOL HAPPY BIRTHDAY WISHES FOR DR CILLALIZ  ! ! ! ! ![/move]
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up