Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SECOND DAY  (Read 21575 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE SECOND DAY
« on: September 26, 2006, 09:39:24 PM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes told you all about day - damn - the second day, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they'll be home around day - damn - the 165th day.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 10:11:06 PM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THE SECOND DAY
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 09:41:12 PM »

And the word of the day is: PERSIFLAGE!

Something that's well-known around these here parts.

FJL

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 09:51:28 PM »

Skip is admonishing me to get to sleep, but I've never been the first post after BK before, so i had to takle this once-in-a-blue-moon opportunity.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 09:53:04 PM »

Did you aks a question?

FJL

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 09:54:04 PM »

Good night, BK!  (or is it good morning?)

FJL

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 09:54:55 PM »

Is it good night or good morning?  Now there's a question

FJL

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 09:56:36 PM »

I remember a review of TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE which was entitled "They All Axed for You."  I think the review was in the Boston Phoeniks newspaper.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2006, 10:21:49 PM »

I'm getting into bed now - am watching some Scottish person's late-night show - never heard of him or the show.  Marie Osmond is the guest - what has happened to my darling Marie.  She's looking very puffy and she now sounds like Dyan Cannon on speed.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2006, 11:42:14 PM »

Good night gentleman and pleasant dreams... Dont let the bedbugs bite!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2006, 01:04:03 AM »

Today is my sister's birthday!  We're having dinner at a local restaurant in downtown Olympia called The Urban Onion.  Inside the restaurant, there's a big mural over the kitchen area with the title, The Herb and Onion.  Cute, huh? ;)

Anyway, I bought my sister the complete first season of "Here Comes the Brides."  We used to watch this when we first moved to Olympia and I've never seen it since.  My sister has said that she'd love to get a copy of the DVD...and she is!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2006, 01:09:51 AM »

What's interesting is that my sister's name is Diane and her former mother-in-law's name is also Diane!  Actually, her name is Sharon, but she goes by her middle name, Diane.  AND BOTH of their birthdays are today!  September 27th!  AND my sister married a Martin and Martin's father is also named Martin!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2006, 01:39:18 AM »

Sounds almost as crazy as some of my dad's family: Joseph, Jacob, George and Louis... The names are rampant in the family.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2006, 03:30:07 AM »

Anyway, I bought my sister the complete first season of "Here Comes the Brides."  We used to watch this when we first moved to Olympia and I've never seen it since.  

I loved this show, too.

The bluest sky you’ve ever seen, in Seattle.
And the hills the greenest green, in Seattle....

We lived there when I was a child; by the time this show aired, we had moved many more times. (My father was in the service). It used to always make me nostalgic (can children get nostalgic?) for the beautiful Pacific Northwest.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Ginny

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2006, 06:32:56 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  

...It used to always make me nostalgic (can children get nostalgic?) for the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

DR Edisaurus, I think, yes, children can get nostalgic.  I was born in Portland, Oregon, and my family moved to Detroit before I was 3 years old.  As I grew up, my parents and sister recounted memories of their time in the Pacific Northwest vividly enough to create great nostalgia for me, even though I have no first-hand memories of living there.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2006, 06:45:14 AM »

CONGRATULATIONS, BK, ON SEEING YOUR NEW BOOK IN PRINT!
Although my own achievements are indeed humble next to yours, I do know the thrill of seeing what may have been years of effort--and dreams--materialize into an ACTUAL BOOK! You should be proud--you've earned it!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2006, 06:51:04 AM »

DR Edisaurus, have you read the Kritzer trilogy yet? Talk about nostalgia! Also, very funny and very sweet. You've settled in so quickly here, but your HHW indoctrination would not be complete with the trilogy.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2006, 06:52:37 AM »

Oops! Typo! Your HHW indoctrination would not be complete WITHOUT  the trilogy!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2006, 06:58:17 AM »

Good morning, all!  I slept late, I can work at home today, and I can have a meeting with my Dear Friend BK whenever the time is best for him.

I'm still basking in the glow of three productions at NYMF.  I am so looking forward to the reading of THE LAST STARFIGHTER on Friday.

I have nothing more to add, so I'll stop.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2006, 07:26:24 AM »

I'm up, I'm up, and very annoyed with myself - I forgot to take my pills last night, which work while I'm sleeping to take care of my voice.  Oh, well, hopefully I'll be fine today.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2006, 07:36:31 AM »

Perhaps we should ask DR MBarnum if he is familiar with Aks, since it is the title of a thriller filmed in India.

The thought of our esteemed BK appearing in a Bollywood film is intriguing.  He can sing, he can dance, he can act... perhaps there's a whole new world for him to conquer out there!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Edisaurus

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2006, 07:41:43 AM »

My Ask bk question:

In honor of your newborn book, I'd like to ask about some of your other favorite authors/books from the past and present. Other DRs, please chime in, too!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2006, 07:44:43 AM »

DR Edisaurus, have you read the Kritzer trilogy yet?

It's on my agenda, but I have not purchased it yet. I ordered the new book, though. I couldn't resist the LUUURRRID cover!

bk-Do you recommend reading the trilogy first, or does it even matter?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2006, 07:47:46 AM »

And the word of the day is: PERSIFLAGE!

Something that's well-known around these here parts.
Casey would waltz
With a blonde skilled in PERSIFLAGE
And their feet were as light as their banter!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2006, 07:52:46 AM »

Good morning!

It's a glorious day in the neighborhood today (a Mr. Rogers reference). Another cool morning though I think the highs today will force me to close up doors and windows to keep in the cool. Another cool night tonight will allow me to open them back up after sundown.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2006, 07:54:11 AM »

That Scottish person is Craig Ferguson who's had a late night show on CBS for a couple of years now. I don't watch late night television at all, but I'd watch Conan O'Brien on NBC if I watched anyone (he comes on opposite Craig Ferguson).

Matt H.

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2006, 07:55:06 AM »

Looking forward to Craig Bierko's debut on BOSTON LEGAL last night when I watch the show this afternoon.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2006, 07:55:24 AM »

Good Morning!

*sigh*

-Just had to get that out of my system... And now...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2006, 07:57:17 AM »

bk - I won't have any news for you regarding this Friday night's perf of ACL until Noon.  Let's all hope it's good news.

OOH!

I just checked Tele-Charge... If you happen to head out in a bit, you may want to stop by the Schoenfeld box office since it looks like a few pairs of the Prime Seats have been released at the regular pricing.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 08:00:37 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2006, 07:57:21 AM »

Reminder: there is a new PROJECT RUNWAY on tonight at 10. The final elimination before Fashion Week.

BTW, they had some of the designs for all four remaining contestants in this week's ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY. Of course, one set of designs was fake since one of them gets eliminated tonight and will not really be participating. Very interesting to see what turned up, especially in light of the some of the comments the judges made at the end of the last episode.

Matt H.

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2006, 07:59:28 AM »

In view of what I have on the DVR, I doubt I'll get to the CHRONICLES OF NARNIA today either. I should have more time tomorrow to watch it, but in all likelihood, it'll be Friday before I see it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up