Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: MY FERSHLUGANAH TRUE LOVE  (Read 20513 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:MY FERSHLUGANAH TRUE LOVE
« Reply #120 on: December 19, 2003, 09:07:52 PM »

What care I if we hit a new low?  I care not, that's what care I?  Since we have a new daddy with us,  I thought I'd share a wonderful photo of my darling daughter at age twoish.

Tomovoz

« Reply #121 on: December 19, 2003, 09:23:43 PM »

Cute BK. Of course now we have the question "Where has your daughter hidden herself these past few months?".
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #122 on: December 19, 2003, 09:43:42 PM »

Awwww. She's so cute. We miss her around here.

Maybe I should embarrass DR Sandra and post some of her baby pictures. Hmmm.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #123 on: December 19, 2003, 09:44:33 PM »

But then again, she IS the one who will be chosing my nursing home in a few years, so I guess I'd better not.

Tomovoz

« Reply #124 on: December 19, 2003, 09:51:26 PM »

A wise decision DR Laura. I keep the same thought in mind when I celebrate the birthdays of my niece and nephew. Perhaps someone kind shall establish a nursing home for old kimlets - no fees payable of course.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #125 on: December 19, 2003, 10:11:57 PM »

The darling daughter is sans computer at the moment.  She'll be back, though.

What care I if we hit a new low?  What care I if we even hit an old low?  I care not.  Still and all and also all and still, where in tarnation IS everyone?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #126 on: December 19, 2003, 10:18:53 PM »

Good evening!

What a pleasant surprise - notice I remembered the first "r" this time - it was to go to the post office this afternoon on the way to the theatre, and find that it was not that busy at all.  I got the package processed and paid for in about seven minutes!  I really could not believe that there weren't that many people there.  They even had all nine windows open!  Plus the "store"!  So... BK, you should have the cookies in plenty of time for your Christmas Eve soiree.  I just hope they survive the trip.  I don't think I've had any of those cookies that "late" - they're usually gone by the day after I make them - if not the day of.  You'll have to tell me if the "day olds" still taste good.  If all else "fails", they'll be good milk-dunking cookies.

*Now, if other DRs would like cookies... I'll be more than happy to take some requests after the New Year.  I'm back up in Fairfax until the show closes, so I don't have immediate access to my KitchenAid, my good cookie sheets (love those Doughmakers products!), my good vanilla (although the latest test in Cook's Illustrated proved that CVS' imitation vanilla actually tastes very good in the finished product), and most importantly, my gas oven (my parents have a gas stovetop, but an electric oven - I definitely prefer gas).  -Was that enough parenthetical phrases for you?

But, again, I was amazed that the post office was relatively dead on a Friday afternoon after work the week before Christmas.

*However... After tonight's show, I stopped by the post office again to drop off some mail (bills - ugh!).  Well... It was already 11:50pm - they close at midnight, and the line was at least 40 people deep - and more people were still coming through the door!  And some people had LOTS o' packages!  I wonder time the post office will actually end up closing tonight.

Back to the show...  Good show tonight.  Our Merlyn was back in tonight - finally over the flu.  Unfortunately, our assistant manager was out tonight - at least our stage manager was back.  There was one priceless moment during the first act.  After "Lusty Month of May," Pellinore makes his entrance with his dog, Horrid, in tow.  We have a wonderful dog costume - and a wonderful actor inside that costume.  Well, during one sequence, Horrid got into trouble...  The show is in the Fichlander - or the Arena - in the round.  Around the central playing area is "moat" that leads to down to the pit and elevator area.  Well, Horrid misjudged his distance from the edge of the moat, and proceeded to fall in!  Anthony - the actor inside - even tried pawing his way back up, but didn't make it... He just kept sliding down.  The amount of hysterical laughter at intermission was deafening.  Of course, as luck would have it, our director was watching tonight.  All she could say was, "That was one hell of an exit!"   ;D

OH!  And when I got to the theatre tonight, there was a major spread of food in the greenroom.  The theatre had their employee party this afternoon, and they brought the leftovers up - and there was lots leftover - even some "fresh" trays of food that hadn't been unwrapped yet.  London broil, spiral-sliced honey ham, grilled chicken breasts in pesto, roasted new potatoes, roasted vegetables, guacamole and chips, assorted breads and cheeses, etc...  And since I had not had a real lunch nor dinner... YUM!  And for dessert there were various cookie trays to choose from, as well as a foot high chocolate Santa to break away at.  It was some good eatin'!

Of course, I had baked, so I just kept my cookies in the pit - and shared them with the other musicians.  There are plenty left, and I'll put the rest in the greenroom before tomorrow's matinee.  *I am not going to the post office tomorrow morning!  No way, Jose!  I mean No way, me.. I mean..  ;)

Oh, and my Secret Santa gave me cookies and chocolate tonight too!

-And after only two(!) nights of post-show fundraising, we've already raised about $5,200 for BC/EFA and Food & Friends!  Thank You Arena Stage Patrons!

Well, it's getting late, and my short sleep last night is catching up with me.  And I, for some crazy reason, want to venture out tomorrow morning and hit the mall before the matinee.   :o  See you there!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2003, 10:20:35 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #127 on: December 19, 2003, 10:23:20 PM »

bk - What a sweet picture! (Your daughter's nice, too.) Cheap, but it's in the spirit of the earlier shtick.

Just came back from the bookstore. doing some late night last minute Hanukah shopping. My sweet daughter - of whom I have some extremely cute photos, but no scanner, is arriving tomorrow.

I finally found a chiropractor in my new neighborhood for my horribly hurtin' back. He or she (name's Robin so it could be either one) managed to squeeze me in Monday late afternoon. After I made the appointment I saw in my book that late Monday afternoon is when I have my appointment to take my CA Driver's Test. Aaargh. All this is excrutiatingly boring, but I'm doing my bit to fill the lull.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: December 19, 2003, 10:24:44 PM »

COOKIES!  How lovely and festive it will be.  COOKIES!

What care I if we hit new lows or highs when there are COOKIES on their way?

I care not.  I shall laugh in the face of a new low.  I shall laugh and laugh and when the errant and truant finally reture like little lost lambs I shall laugh and laugh again.

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #129 on: December 19, 2003, 10:28:21 PM »

I've said it before and I'll say it again:
Friends from A...My Name Is Alice is the most moving song ever written.

Lyrics by Georgia Holof; Music by David Metee

Played it hours ago and I'm still broken up about it.
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

Tomovoz

« Reply #130 on: December 19, 2003, 10:35:21 PM »

The NW family members have yet to join us. Fagin may still be out there with the urchins in the street.  Anotehr half dozen posts and will not have reached an all time low at all. It is only  the cattle that should be a lowin' not kimlets.
James Thurber 1957

Panni

« Reply #131 on: December 19, 2003, 10:36:56 PM »

I went to Trader Joe's to buy cheese and it was closed! At 10 o'clock. Have they no decency? It's just the start of the cheese evening. Gelson's (a rather upscale market, for the non-Angelinos) WAS open and I pranced up and down the aisles, singing "Cheese! Glorious cheese!" And then they threw me out. (That's not true. What IS true is that I left my car keys on the checkout counter and emptied my purse looking for them until I figured out what I'd done.) ...Am I doing my lull filling?

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #132 on: December 19, 2003, 10:37:01 PM »

Note to DR Jose: My DH is a postal worker, and he hasn't had a day off in about two weeks. It looks like he will get Christmas Day off this year, though.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: December 19, 2003, 10:37:07 PM »

Yes, I feel confident that we won't hit a new low tonight, but given the turnout this entire week I don't hold much hope for the weekend.  But, and it's a big BUTT - what care I?

Tomovoz

« Reply #134 on: December 19, 2003, 10:37:50 PM »

The cattle a mooin' does not really have the same Christmas feeling at all. Perhaps cattle have a special seasonal voice.
James Thurber 1957

Panni

« Reply #135 on: December 19, 2003, 10:38:51 PM »

bk - I just took another look at your daughter. She looked very much like you. Does she still?

Panni

« Reply #136 on: December 19, 2003, 10:40:06 PM »

Hey - I'm a Full Member. Break out the cheese chunks (Swiss only, please)!

Tomovoz

« Reply #137 on: December 19, 2003, 10:40:27 PM »

Perhaps the magic word was "Lowin" for low and behold Fagin is on the board. How low can you go?(a Chubby Checker reference NOT a Fats Domino reference)
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #138 on: December 19, 2003, 10:41:36 PM »

Congratulations new Full Member Panni. No doubt you will notice the amount of respect will increase somewhat.
James Thurber 1957

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #139 on: December 19, 2003, 10:41:44 PM »

We won't be posting until next week, as we leave in the morning for our lovely annual whirlwind trip.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #140 on: December 19, 2003, 10:42:35 PM »

A brand new CD just arrived from Australia! ;D TEDDY & ALICE with Len Cariou from DR Tomovoz!  ;D Thanks! :-* I can't wait to listen to it.  
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #141 on: December 19, 2003, 10:45:07 PM »

Wait a minute...I forgot.  I got the CD from HHW GOD Tomovoz!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #142 on: December 19, 2003, 10:46:05 PM »

DR Panni - Do you like Liptauer?
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #143 on: December 19, 2003, 10:49:21 PM »

I was just about to smite you George.
I have just been copying (for a friend) the complete recording (in Spanish) of Martin Guerre. Friend Bianca saw the show (in its first form) in London and enjoyed it. Biance is multilingual so will no doubt enjoy the translations. I notice that both the lull and the low have been broken!
James Thurber 1957

Panni

« Reply #144 on: December 19, 2003, 10:50:10 PM »

Thank you, Tomovoz. Being called "Full Member Panni" somehow makes me I feel like Jane Russell. I'd actually like to change my name on this here site, but it would be confusing to the other DR's. "Panni" makes me feel about 7 years old - 'cause that's what I was called as a child in Hungary. When I first posted here, I didn't think it was something I'd keep doing, so it didn't matter. But now it's really really strange having "Panni" pop up on my English-speaking adult life.

Tomovoz

« Reply #145 on: December 19, 2003, 10:50:15 PM »

DR Laura & Family. Have a safe whirlwind.
James Thurber 1957

Panni

« Reply #146 on: December 19, 2003, 10:52:01 PM »

Yes, JoseSPiano, I like Liptauer. Haven't had it in ages, though.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #147 on: December 19, 2003, 10:53:48 PM »

Hmmm... I'm not sure I could ship Liptauer... ???  I'll have to investigate.
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #148 on: December 19, 2003, 10:54:56 PM »

Perhaps the magic word was "Lowin" for low and behold Fagin is on the board. How low can you go?(a Chubby Checker reference NOT a Fats Domino reference)

I thought that wasa Big Bopper reference.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Panni

« Reply #149 on: December 19, 2003, 10:55:47 PM »

That's sweet! I could make it, so you don't have to ship it. It would stink up the Post Office and the Feds would come after you.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up