Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BECKONING BED  (Read 18795 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE BECKONING BED
« on: October 18, 2006, 10:06:11 PM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were beckoning, and now it is time for you to post until the beckoning cows come home.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 09:54:04 PM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THE BECKONING BED
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 10:09:37 PM »

And the word of the day is: REFULGENT!

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 10:15:44 PM »

Dear Esteemed BK --

All good thoughts, vibes, and long-distance hugs to you as you embark on your journey.  Fly smoothly and safely, and have a very successful weekend.

Oh, and big congratulations on getting a good sound Lady for The Brain.  I can't start to list how many productions I've seen in the last 8 years that were really hurt by bad sound.  And most of the time, it took the form of just being way louder than the room or the material needed.

We are really looking forward to the opening of The Brain :)  :)

MusicGuy

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 10:17:04 PM »

It's time to hie myself to my sleep room.  Night Night all.....

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 11:08:40 PM »

A new "day" before 11 p.m.?

WUSSES, ALL!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 11:08:58 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2006, 11:11:01 PM »

"Project Runway":

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

[size=9]YES![/size][/color]
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 01:59:07 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2006, 11:38:01 PM »

Have a safe flight BK and may the rehearsals be smashing!!

Have fun!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2006, 12:00:09 AM »

Yesterday, Woody wrote:
I only watched the fashion show on Lost.  Desmond, if they'd only pulled the camera back futher...!!!

I say...if only Desmond had run into someone like Charlie and had borrowed his t-shirt! ;)

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2006, 12:11:39 AM »

~~~Vibes to DR Ben's Ant!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2006, 12:12:44 AM »

~~~Good Travel Vibes To BK!!~~~

George

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2006, 12:13:15 AM »

~~~All Around General Vibes To Anyone Who Needs (or just wants) Them!!~~~

;)

George

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2006, 12:14:13 AM »

And on that note (G#), good night!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2006, 04:40:52 AM »

I shall now be on my way to the airport.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2006, 05:19:00 AM »

Good morning, all!  I've got one more piece to write for the BABES IN TOYLAND CD booklet: a bio of Glen MacDonough, the librettist.  I have to go into Toyland today to work on that.  Then, back to work on The Brain.
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ SAFE TRAVEL VIBES TO BK! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[/move]
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2006, 05:44:10 AM »

I just read that the great Anna Russell died.  I've been a fan of hers since the age of 8, when she was the voice of the witch in a stop-motion film of HANSEL AND GRETEL,  Anna was camp before Susan Sontag ever put the word into the media.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2006, 05:54:23 AM »

I'm here posting live from LAX.  As always, I find it absolutely astonishing how many people were here at five-thirty.  Unbelievably crowded and the security lines especially slow.  They did take my little one ounce shaving cream, my two ounce toothpaste, and my three ounce moisturizer - I mean, honestly, that is just so lame it's not even funny.  If I'd had them in a plastic bag I could have kept them.  Now, I ask you, what is the difference in terms of their contents whether they're in a plastic bag or a leather toiletries case?  I'm all for security, but in this particular instance they are being really, really idiotic, especially in light of what they've been told by experts.  Of course, I could go re-purchase said stuff at their own airport store - THAT would be just fine, only I will not give them my money - I'll just re-buy them in NY, I suppose.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2006, 05:55:56 AM »

I shall now be on my way to the airport.
Glad to see you arose at that ungoldly hour! Did FJL give you a back-up wake-up jinlge of the telephonic device?

I hope you have a safe flight, BK, with no delays and you can catch some zzz's on the plane.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2006, 05:56:21 AM »

I am sitting in the President's Club thanks to FJL - it's crowded here, too, and everywhere I look are men and women stuffing their gaping maws with every manner of sweet roll (some have three or four on their plates) along with endless coffee and orange juice.  Then, they'll do the same on the plane and, one presumes, the same when they get into Newark/NY.  If I did that I'd weigh - well, I'd weigh what I weighed earlier this year.

Edisaurus

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2006, 05:58:10 AM »

If I'd had them in a plastic bag I could have kept them.  Now, I ask you, what is the difference in terms of their contents whether they're in a plastic bag or a leather toiletries case?

Maybe it's a plot by the airport to make you buy toiletries there. At FOUR TIMES THE PRICE!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2006, 06:08:59 AM »

Eggsactlee

Edisaurus

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2006, 06:09:17 AM »

Did FJL give you a backup jingle of the telephonic device? Other DR's are known to provide this service for our west coast brethern and sisteren. (Not to be confused with the cistern, which is often empty on a Saturday night. Now that's Trouble, my friend!)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2006, 06:15:07 AM »

I told FJL he was off the hook, so to speak.

Interesting factoids re our sound person - there was some shock about how much she and the mics and her assistant were going to cost, and I don't blame them for being shocked.  But, the problem is, when you're in a big theater you can no longer get along without a sound designer, body mics, and a good sound board.  She told me she's doing a show at Hamilton High (my alma mater) where there using twenty-nine body mics.  I mean, that just boggles my mind.  Hollywood High used a like amount on their production of Tommy.  I mean, when high schools are doing that, then what else can you do but bite the bullet and do it, too.  And I'm making it easy on them - nine body mics for the principals, and then she'll use shotgun mics and hanging mics for everything else, as well as the band mics.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2006, 06:15:49 AM »

I think I shall now toddle over to the gate.  See you in NY!

Ginny

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2006, 06:17:23 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  Today's a vacation day for me, so I got a nice sleep-in until almost 8am.  Off to have my haircut, then to a luncheon with my DH, and my book group later this evening.

Here's the Cincinnati Enquirer review of

Monty Python's Spamalot

which we'll see a week from Sunday.  It mentions Rick Holmes - could that be the same Richard Holmes whose performances we used to enjoy in the now-defunct Whitewater/Sorg Opera productions?  I've tried to sort this out on the internet, but just get more confused.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2006, 06:18:23 AM »

Travel vibes to BK !
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2006, 06:32:24 AM »

Glad to see you made it to the airport in time, BK. LA traffic makes it so difficult to plan; you must allow extra time, then often don't need it. Not very efficient!

Edisaurus

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2006, 06:45:18 AM »

Glad to see you made it to the airport in time, BK. LA traffic makes it so difficult to plan; you must allow extra time, then often don't need it. Not very efficient!

Things are the same here in Atlanta. Depending on what you read/who you talk to, rush hour traffic is as bad, or worse than LA. We don't have a grid like LA. We have to cross the Chattahoochee River, so there are only a few big roads we can take into town and they become very congested.

All the more reason to move closer!

MusicGuy

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2006, 07:18:27 AM »

I just read that the great Anna Russell died.  I've been a fan of hers since the age of 8, when she was the voice of the witch in a stop-motion film of HANSEL AND GRETEL,  Anna was camp before Susan Sontag ever put the word into the media.

Hi DR Larry......I was sad to read your notice about Anna Russell.  She came through Phoenix on her last national tour, and I learned an interesting fact.  After the show, we went backstage and it turned out that her accompanist had some of my recordings, and he introduced Kerry and I to her.  She visited with us for about 20 minutes, and told me that her very first accompanist had been the organist in their local theatre in Canada where she lived.  She was warm, charming, fun to visit with, and I'm glad we got to meet face to face.  

MusicGuy

« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2006, 07:19:31 AM »

And a happy Good Morning to all of the H/Ks waking up and wandering into the Living Room !  :)

MusicGuy

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2006, 07:20:35 AM »

Hi DR Ben -- I hope you told dear Ant that Kerry and I were thnking of him, and that he must get better soon.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up