Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BECKONING BED  (Read 18822 times)

Ginny

Re:THE BECKONING BED
« Reply #150 on: October 19, 2006, 06:56:53 PM »

...MusicGuy, I'm in the Hilton Garden on Eight between 48th and 49th.  Hilton took this place over last year and have completely renovated it.  I, of course, can't remember what it was (can anyone?) but it was fairly cheesy prior to this.  I'm very picky about hotels and I'm more than happy here.

BK, was it Ramada Inn?  I have a Hagstrom map of Midtown that I bought my first time in NYC (1967) and it shows a RI on the east side of 8th between 48th & 49th.

I'm back from my book group, where we had were served a yummilicious cranberry upside-down cake.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #151 on: October 19, 2006, 06:57:30 PM »

Page 6 cranberry dance!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 06:57:51 PM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

François de Paris

« Reply #152 on: October 19, 2006, 07:00:18 PM »

Page 6 cranberry dance!

Hmmm.... I'm very bad at upside-down dancing!! ;)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #153 on: October 19, 2006, 07:07:00 PM »

That near quote, DRVIXMOM - as referenced by DR TCB -  was from TEA & SYMPATHY.

Thanks for the link DR RLP....going back now to read Tim Gunn's interview.

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #154 on: October 19, 2006, 07:07:22 PM »

Even as we speak, DR ELMORE and MR BK are brain storming BRAIN.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #155 on: October 19, 2006, 07:22:56 PM »

Great Tim Gunn interview.  He spoke the truth and shamed the devil, as my granny used to say.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #156 on: October 19, 2006, 07:41:50 PM »

Time for to go to bed.

DRJEANNE so glad you enjoyed MY BROTHER NIKHIL....yes it is a fine movie, and the soundtrack is GREAT!!

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #157 on: October 19, 2006, 08:06:08 PM »

Is Michael Siberry related to Jane Siberry, the Candian singer? (Seems like an unusual name for two singers to share.)
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #158 on: October 19, 2006, 08:18:24 PM »

Back from a lovelier than lovely time at Joe Allen.  We laughed and laughed and just when we thought we could laugh no more we laughed again.  We dished the dirt and we dirted the dish.  We ate food, too.  Elmore was there, my assistant Jonathan was there, our very own td and Evil Twin were there and it was all just too too.  

TPunk, I would LOVE to see you - are you sure you can't make dinner tomorrow night?  Because it's just a few people we're going out to eat.  You could even show up late, if it's a time problem.  Or, we could go to Joe Allen later tomorrow night.  

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #159 on: October 19, 2006, 08:23:29 PM »

I hurried home to be the first to post but I forgot that BK was staying a block from Joe Allen;s.  It was indeed two and a half hours of mirth and celebrities galore, all my latest questions are answered on "The Brain," and it was great to see our DR td again, Bruce's assistant Jonathan, and former DR Evil Twin, who should come back to us.

Our host, the sparkling effervescent BK, was in usual top form, and  tales were told and mud was flung.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #160 on: October 19, 2006, 08:30:44 PM »

Our new dishwasher seems to be working quite well so far, so if anyone has some dish they'd like to share, this would be a good opportunity.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #161 on: October 19, 2006, 08:31:54 PM »

I forgot to mention the two NBC comedies that I watched last night.

30 ROCK laid another egg with me apart from Alec Baldwin who really is the whole show. TIne Fey and Tracy Morgan just push too hard and aren't funny, and the show is sadly wasting Jane Krakowski's gifts. A shame.

I suspect this will be the last episode of the show that I watch.

Matt did you hear about the big shakeups at NBC?
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

FJL

« Reply #162 on: October 19, 2006, 08:33:21 PM »

To repeat an old favorite joke, what's a proper place setting for a HHW gathering?

Knife, fork, dish, dish, dish, dish

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #163 on: October 19, 2006, 08:33:58 PM »

Good health vibes to Ben's friend Anthony...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

FJL

« Reply #164 on: October 19, 2006, 08:35:38 PM »

There seems to be some sort of baseball game going on.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #165 on: October 19, 2006, 08:37:32 PM »

Do you know if they are going to replay the first few episodes. I missed them due to the last episodes of project runway.  I've seen approximately 1 1/2 episodes of this show and I think I'd like to add it to my repitoire.

I haven't read of a marathon on ABC, but perhaps they've been scheduled for ABC Family or are the first episodes still available to be seen on-line (if you have a broadband connection). Might be worth doing a search because the show really is something special.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #166 on: October 19, 2006, 08:38:55 PM »

Michael, They are having Diwali celebrations here next wekeend with a three day bollywood festival... I hope to go to a couple of them. They are also showing Water, again. It is a film by Mehta Deepa.

FJL

« Reply #167 on: October 19, 2006, 08:39:24 PM »

One of the ways I heard the story about the GREY'S ANATOMY scuffle is that Washington called Knight a "b*tch" as opposed to the gay "f" word.

Matt H.

« Reply #168 on: October 19, 2006, 08:40:45 PM »

Matt did you hear about the big shakeups at NBC?

Yes, I did read about the firings and changes in venue for MSNBC. I also read something kind of ominous. NBC isn't interested in producing dramas or comedies for showing in the 8 p.m. hour any more.

So, I guess we will be in for a raft of game shows and reality shows until someone new takes over and realizes how nutty that idea is.

FJL

« Reply #169 on: October 19, 2006, 08:41:20 PM »

Never Mehta Deepa I didn't like, so the saying goes.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #170 on: October 19, 2006, 08:41:44 PM »

I am glad to hear you all had a wonderful time...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #171 on: October 19, 2006, 08:42:18 PM »

LOL FJL!!!

Can I bring my dirty dishes over??

FJL

« Reply #172 on: October 19, 2006, 08:43:17 PM »

DakotaCelt - maybe you've explained this already, but what is your new avatar?

Matt H.

« Reply #173 on: October 19, 2006, 08:43:38 PM »

I watched more OFFICE episodes from the DVD set tonight plus the cut footage which once again proved just as funny as what made it to air. The two episodes I watched involved "The Client," a school district representative taken out to dinner by Michael and Jan while trying to persuade him to buy paper from their company.

The other involved performance reviews of the various staff.

All very funny outings for the show.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #174 on: October 19, 2006, 08:44:28 PM »

Yes, I did read about the firings and changes in venue for MSNBC. I also read something kind of ominous. NBC isn't interested in producing dramas or comedies for showing in the 8 p.m. hour any more.

So, I guess we will be in for a raft of game shows and reality shows until someone new takes over and realizes how nutty that idea is.

I was surprised to read that. I knew NBC has been in troble for years. Take a look at their daytime line up and that has been messed up for years. Days was once well written but it has been destroyed at the hands of James E. Reilly. His show Passions is an abomination.

TIIC is a MESS!!

I have heard Megan Mullally's show is not doing well either.

Matt H.

« Reply #175 on: October 19, 2006, 08:45:12 PM »

UGLY BETTY tonight featured Betty's adorable nephew who fit RIGHT IN at Mod Magazine. DElightful episode. I really am enjoying this series about as much as any new show this season.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #176 on: October 19, 2006, 08:47:24 PM »

Matt, have you ever seen the British version of "THe Office"?

Matt H.

« Reply #177 on: October 19, 2006, 08:48:00 PM »

GREY'S ANATOMY had wonderful stories involving the regulars and the toxic fallout from the death of Denny Duquette. And I was delighted with Izzy's decision about work though the check business was a nutty decision. That kind of money could be drawing KILLER interest that she could have fun with without touching the principal. Get that woman a financial adviser stat!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #178 on: October 19, 2006, 08:48:31 PM »

UGLY BETTY tonight featured Betty's adorable nephew who fit RIGHT IN at Mod Magazine. DElightful episode. I really am enjoying this series about as much as any new show this season.

I will have to watch that when I get home. I have been enjoying the clips of that show also. Very smartly written show.

Matt H.

« Reply #179 on: October 19, 2006, 08:49:43 PM »

Matt, have you ever seen the British version of "THe Office"?

Oh, sure. I have the DVDs for both "seasons" or series as they call it. Hilarious but much darker and more unforgiving than the Americanized version.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up