Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SHTUPPING GEESE  (Read 20854 times)

Michael

Re:THE SHTUPPING GEESE
« Reply #120 on: December 20, 2003, 09:15:53 PM »

From what I understand, Sarne had only himself to blame. He was stoned throughout the entire movie and hardly knew what was happening from shot to shot.

In the cases of the others, I think it's just a bad memory best forgotten. I wouldn't mind hearing Tom Selleck talking about working with Mae West at that stage of her career. We know she was so feeble in SEXTETTE that she was barely functioning. But she looks more "with it" in MYRA, and Tom might have had some interesting experiences to relate in his one scene with her. I'm sure Sarne will go into how Raquel and Mae despised each other.

I believe many actors like Alice Faye sued Fox and Michael Sarne for inluding them in an X rated (at the time) film. Will the DVD be the original X rated cut or the edited  R rated version
Never stop dreaming.

Tomovoz

« Reply #121 on: December 20, 2003, 09:22:28 PM »

RE: Mike Sarne. He had pop hits in the UK and OZ in the early 60's. He first big hit was with Wendy Richards best known now in the USA for "Are You Being Served".
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #122 on: December 20, 2003, 10:00:14 PM »

Watching The Enforcer with Mr. Humphrey Bogart.  Not very good, I'm afraid.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #123 on: December 20, 2003, 10:01:54 PM »

Speaking of "Are You Being Served?", I was on eBay earlier today and quite by accident (I forget what I was even searching) I came across the DVD of the movie.  Isn't that a co-inky-dink?  :)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2003, 10:02:33 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #124 on: December 20, 2003, 10:02:43 PM »

I suspect Mr Bogart doesn't look too good either. Don't try and wake him. Strange company you keep BK.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jason

« Reply #125 on: December 20, 2003, 10:03:28 PM »

DR Jay: Yes, I was surprised to find out that today's matinee was MOSES UND ARON and not BENVENUTO CELLINI, but honestly, the audiences don't like either one very much, so what did it matter? Haha!

After a very long day at the Met, I'm finally home. I got a wonderful gift from my best friend, Jennifer, today--a long sleeved t-shirt from Krispy Kreme! It's a hoot. I gave her her gift today, too...a stocking stuffed with Junior Mints (her favorite movie food), Twizzlers, candy canes, Hot Tamales, microwave popcorn, Christmas Peeps, two plastic popcorn buckets, two soda fountain glasses and "Finding Nemo" on DVD. It was quite the stocking, if I do say so myself (which I just did) and she was quite excited. I went for the whole "home movie kit" theme (it was very Trading Spaces) and it worked surprisingly well. I was proud of myself, not that that's what gift-giving is about. But anyway...

I have a few things to finish up in the way of Christmas CDs for my parents, so I must run for now. I shall return on the morrow. Bon soir!

Tomovoz

« Reply #126 on: December 20, 2003, 10:04:01 PM »

"Spooky" George.
James Thurber 1957

George

« Reply #127 on: December 20, 2003, 10:04:10 PM »

After this only 9 more posts to get past the lowest-number-of-posts day, which is 135.  PPPUUUSSSHHH!!!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2003, 10:04:43 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #128 on: December 20, 2003, 10:17:55 PM »

... Trouble is, I'll bet they didn't know who Tom Sawyer was either.
Wasn't Tom Sawyer played in some movie by Jodie Foster?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Tomovoz

« Reply #129 on: December 20, 2003, 10:19:06 PM »

The theatre goers of Washington have not yet returned home George. There is hope for further pushers to arrive. A big push from a few others on board at the moment is also anticipated. There are so many interesting and informative post for them to use as inspiration.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #130 on: December 20, 2003, 10:21:03 PM »

Does that mean that Tom Sawyer was the Little Boy who lives down the lane?
James Thurber 1957

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #131 on: December 20, 2003, 10:37:14 PM »

I just ate almost an entire box of See's chocolates! I sees dead chocolates...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #132 on: December 20, 2003, 10:44:47 PM »

I'm thinkin' we'll just avoid the lowest posting day.  However, I shall still laugh and laugh and, in fact, I feel confident I shall have the last laugh.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: December 20, 2003, 10:46:03 PM »

Dear reader Panni aka Anna, we would all like to know a) exactly how many pieces of See's Chocolates you ate, b) the size of the box, and c) what type of chocolates (i.e. dark chocolate nuts and chews).

Tomovoz

« Reply #134 on: December 20, 2003, 10:46:05 PM »

My two dogs have both been known to eat the contents of whole boxes of Belgian chocolates - supposedly out of their reach but obtainable by clever uses of chairs and tablecloths that will move! They don't eat the wrappers. Try telling a dog that chocolate should not be part of their diet. As they say (whoever they are) "earth shall never be destroyed as it is the only planet with chocolate".
James Thurber 1957

George

« Reply #135 on: December 20, 2003, 10:48:58 PM »

And speaking of spoofing Haley Joel Osment (well, a stream of consciousness tangent, maybe):
« Last Edit: December 20, 2003, 10:50:26 PM by George »

George

« Reply #136 on: December 20, 2003, 10:49:53 PM »

Of course, it's not referring to ME!  ;)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #137 on: December 20, 2003, 11:01:28 PM »

Good evening.

Today was a long day.  Good shows, but a long day.  No major "show events" to share today, however... We did finally decided to fire our second violinist.  He's been a pain in the butt since day zero, and after yet one more "incident" tonight, we're giving him the boot!  "Ding, dong, the witch is dead!".  It's kind of sad actually.  He's a very fine player, but he has the worst attitude I've every had the displeasure to come across.  And he wears that bad attitude on his sleeve, and is more than happy to share it with anyone who comes near him.  His playing kept him in the pit for all these weeks, but his attitude was putting him on thin ice, and finally, gave him the boot tonight.  As for what he did tonight, well...  He walked up to the contractor after the show tonight, and told her that he was not going to be at tomorrow night's show, but that he had a sub lined up already.  When she asked why, he simply said that he would not be there, and that it was "not negotiable".  ?!?!?!?!  *Remember, this is a union pit - any and all conflicts and sub-outs are supposed to arranged and approved in advance.  And he had this "meeting" in front of other orchestra members too!  So.. He'll be at the matinee tomorrow... But won't be coming back Monday night.  -And now I can stop shooting darts into the back his head during the show - figuratively, of course - if I was being literal, I think I could plead "just cause". ;-)  *Ironically, he would read yoga magazines and new-age-y self-help books during the show - ??? - maybe he's taking anger management classes?  OK.. enough of that... be gone!

In happier news... I had a decent dinner break between shows.  The show ended a little before 5:00.  I got in my car and headed out to Tysons Corner - a mall.  I got into the parking lot at 5:36.  I got into a space at 5:38(!) - right by one of the main entrances(!!!).  I hit three stores - finally splurged on the one shirt I've been eyeing the past couple of weeks.  I was back in my car by 6:06, and back at the theatre by 6:48!  Ta-Da!  I couldn't believe it myself.  And I still had some time to chill before the evening show.
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #138 on: December 20, 2003, 11:07:44 PM »

Love it George. No beating about the bush with that view!
Have no idea how to copy it. Can you email it to me anyway please.
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #139 on: December 20, 2003, 11:12:36 PM »

Well.. I didn't mean to hit Post just yet, but at least it will help with the today's count... ;)

The "Barbara Cook" Secret Garden was produced by the Cumberland County Playhouse in Tennessee a few years ago.  They were, I think, the first company in the United States to produce that version.  And, if I remember correctly, the original creators also came to help out with their production.

As for the music group Secret Garden - They are a hard one to classify - at least for music labels and music stores.  They were pushed in the classical rooms for a while, and then as a crossover group, then a New Age group, then Easy Listening...  I'm not sure where they are now.

Hmmm.... See's Chocolates... I almost bought a box myself when I was at the mall tonight during my dinner break... and I just got another copy of their holiday catalog.  So many temptations!

Well, I best be getting myself to bed.. My sister-in-law scheduled a 10:30 portrait sitting for me and my brothers tomorrow morning (later today at this point).  At least it's at one of those mall places - so, we have to be at 10:30, and we should be done by 10:45... But still... 10:30 - ?!?!?!  *Which is another reason I finally bought that shirt I've been eyeing and drooling over the past couple of weeks.

I'll probably end up posting one more time...  But just in case I don't.... Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #140 on: December 20, 2003, 11:22:36 PM »

You ate almost an entire box of chocolates?  Does this mean you don't like the new boyfriend?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2003, 11:23:11 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #141 on: December 20, 2003, 11:26:36 PM »

Thank goodness for our late-night contingent.  Without you loyal and true Hainsies/Kimlets we really would be in the toilet.  As to the errant and truant, I do believe when they sheepishly return (IF they sheepishly return) they will be in for a bit of a surprise.

George

« Reply #142 on: December 20, 2003, 11:29:46 PM »

Tom, I just sent you an e-mail!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #143 on: December 20, 2003, 11:30:54 PM »

Well, really!  If I can make it home from the theater (covered in sweat as I am) and still manage to post; you would think that Jed (and Ann) could manage to get home and switch on the computer.
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #144 on: December 20, 2003, 11:34:51 PM »

Well, really!  If I can make it home from the theater (covered in sweat as I am) and still manage to post; you would think that Jed (and Ann) could manage to get home and switch on the computer.

TCB, statements like that can start rumors, you know!  ;)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #145 on: December 20, 2003, 11:37:50 PM »

Curious Kimlet:  Say, TCB, how was your performance this evening?

TCB:  Why thank you for asking, CK.  It went a lot better than last night.  The stage manager returned from his death bed, Fagin's Gang didn't decide to rewrite Dickens again this evening, and none of the 12 year-old urchins showed up drunk!  I would call that an improvement
“One thing’s universal,

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #146 on: December 20, 2003, 11:39:55 PM »

-And to all a Goodnight!
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #147 on: December 20, 2003, 11:41:49 PM »

No, George, that isn't starting rumors.  Ann told us that she was heading up to see Jed's production, and she did post today from his apartment, so I would think that it would safe to assume that they would be returning to Jed's place following the show.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #148 on: December 20, 2003, 11:43:40 PM »

However, if Ann should post from Jed's place in the morning then that would start rumors. ;)
“One thing’s universal,

Tomovoz

« Reply #149 on: December 20, 2003, 11:43:56 PM »

Thanks George. Email received. Pleased to hear it TCB. Goodnight to all - sweaty and not so sweaty.
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up