Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MUTANT MOUSE  (Read 54833 times)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
Re:THE MUTANT MOUSE
« Reply #150 on: October 30, 2006, 02:58:44 PM »

Congratulations, Lar!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 02:59:07 PM by Edisaurus »
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #151 on: October 30, 2006, 03:01:05 PM »

I totally missed the fact that I hit post 666 until now, when I hit page 6!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #152 on: October 30, 2006, 03:05:04 PM »

and that number is very appropriate for the upcoming holiday... EEK!! ;-)

BTW, Edi, where did you find your avatar?  It is quite interesting.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Edisaurus

« Reply #153 on: October 30, 2006, 03:09:22 PM »

OK, Der B and Woody---I just now HAD time to re-read what I wrote and see why you're nitpicking me!

Greg gives me a hard time when I misuse had as well. Like last year, when I was in a bad car wreck...I keep saying that "I had a guy total my car", when he really ran a red light and totalled it. It was a new car...but it sounded like I paid him to hit me!

Edisaurus

« Reply #154 on: October 30, 2006, 03:15:50 PM »

BTW, Edi, where did you find your avatar?  

It's Tommy Rettig as Bartholomew Collins, the hero of "The 5,000 Fingers of Dr. T".

(Poor Tommy...gone too soon...)

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #155 on: October 30, 2006, 03:35:17 PM »

The preschool is very excited about Halloween tomorrow. We're wearing our costumes tomorrow for the Halloween parade. We're going to walk up and down the sidewalk and wave at cars.

Brandon is very excited about dressing as Spiderman tomorrow. The girls are coming as the usual assortment of princesses, ballerinas, and so on. I asked Cameron what his costume was and he said, "Ganch."

You have to remember that he's three years old and it sometimes takes a couple tries before you can understand what he's saying.

I said, "What?"

He said, "Ganch."

I said, "What's ganch?"

He said, "Ganch."

Okay...

Dictionary.com defines "ganch" as: To drop from a high place upon sharp stakes or hooks, as the Turks dropped malefactors, by way of punishment.

I don't know how he's going to dress up as that.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #156 on: October 30, 2006, 04:39:15 PM »

james_bennit13209 WELCOME!   :D

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #157 on: October 30, 2006, 04:51:56 PM »

MBarnum-Allen looks so much better with white hair. ;D

Penny where are you singing?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #158 on: October 30, 2006, 05:08:46 PM »

james_bennit13209 WELCOME!   :D

We've had around 20 new members lately, none of whom are posting.  Are these castmembers of "The Brain?." lost waifs, or interlopers?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #159 on: October 30, 2006, 05:11:57 PM »

Beekers and test tubes were on my WANT WANT list when I was growing up...alas they were beyond my reach.
Your parents were wise to install tall tables in the house where you grew up.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #160 on: October 30, 2006, 05:24:14 PM »

I really must pay attention to what is going on in my kitchen.  Right now, I'm roasting a turkey breast.  To go with said breast, I will prepare some stuffing (StoveTop, I confess), mushroom gravy (from scratch), and sauteed apples.

Just another typical day in my kitchen.   8)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #161 on: October 30, 2006, 05:31:28 PM »

Good Evening....  Edi - yesterday was beautiful...in the 70s, Paul started painting the bomb shelter and was planning to finish today. Alas, although it was 63 at noon, it was down to about 40 degrees by the time he decided to paint again at about 3:00 PM. Too cold to paint outside. The wind is howling and it's getting colder and colder. Luckily the wind is blowing away from my house and toward the neighbor who still has a yard full of leaves.

Cillaliz

« Reply #162 on: October 30, 2006, 05:33:56 PM »

I was so pooped yesterday I didn't stay up for the 10:00 news and forgot to watch the weather this am, so I was caught by surprise when the temps suddenly dropped like crazy.  Brrrrrrr

Ginny

« Reply #163 on: October 30, 2006, 05:49:08 PM »

DH Richard and I just returned from a late afternoon showing of Flags of Our Fathers and a quiet dinner at Olive Garden.  Now, I'm watching Skate America.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #164 on: October 30, 2006, 05:49:52 PM »

Tuesday travel vibes for DR Elmore!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #165 on: October 30, 2006, 06:00:21 PM »

Safe Travels to DR Elmore~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #166 on: October 30, 2006, 06:59:14 PM »

The neighborhood I live in is known as one of the best places to trick-or-treat  in the area. I don't know how we got our reputation, but we get HUNDREDS of visitors. My neighbors often dress in costume, but we never know who will dress as what until the actual night. Dracula is popular, as are witches. We now have a pirate couple, as well. And those are just the residents. There's usually a party down the street for said residents, with or without costumes. It's fun. Always lots of dogs in costume, too.

Dogs in costume?  Sounds like some parties I have attended.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Michael

« Reply #167 on: October 30, 2006, 07:36:20 PM »

I am so over All Hallow's Eve.
Never stop dreaming.

Cillaliz

« Reply #168 on: October 30, 2006, 07:36:28 PM »

TOD - one of my most memorable Halloweens as a child was when it snowed, but we still went trick or treating. I don't have the photo here, but there is one of me standing on our porch in my snow boots and parka with the fur around the hood, wearing one of those dime store costumes that ties in back - I was a gypsy and had a plastic gypsy mask on.  Looking back it's really funny, at the time it was cold, but we were going to trick or treat
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 07:43:07 PM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #169 on: October 30, 2006, 07:39:47 PM »

We used to go all over town trick or treating when was about 11 or 12. There was a lady who lived in a guest house behind her parents' house. She had some sort of disability, but I don't remember what it was. I just remember she needed to be close to home because of medical issues.  Anyway, she put on THE BEST party of all and no one was invited, you just had to know to go to her house trick or treating and you were invited in.

Her hobby was writing scripts for Bonanza.  I know she sent them in, I doubt they went anywhere, but she used to read them to us if we'd stop by her house on the way home from school.

Cillaliz

« Reply #170 on: October 30, 2006, 07:42:08 PM »

As an adult I've done a few fun costumes. I had a great slinky black night gown that I used to use as a female vampire outfit. Not really Elvira, but along those lines.  I wore that back when I was skinny and sexy.  I had a blast last year as Alice in Wonderland.  It was a kick.    This year, I'm staying home.  I don't really even know of any parties and don't know of any that happened over the weekend. I think that people are Halloweened out.

Cillaliz

« Reply #171 on: October 30, 2006, 07:45:16 PM »

Well, I already know it will be cold tomorrow, so I really don't have to stay up for the news.  I can't believe I'm saying this at 9:40 something, but 'night

Edisaurus

« Reply #172 on: October 30, 2006, 07:59:49 PM »

Oh boy! I just got a treat: a box of goodies from the land of Kritzer! There's a few Xmas presents out of the way. I even bought a present for myself: the coveted 26 Anniversary Edition of TFNM. Huzzah!

Thanks, BK!

Edisaurus

« Reply #173 on: October 30, 2006, 08:07:57 PM »

The Daily show is broadcasting from Ohio toight. And Barry Manilow is the guest on Colbert. Should be a fun evening of late-night viewing---if I can stay awake!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #174 on: October 30, 2006, 08:20:32 PM »

Had a nice evening of viewing.

I began with the first episode from the Season 2 set of CSI: NY. The show brightened its look considerably for the second season, and that look is readily apparent from the very first episode.

The episode is one I saw a couple of times last season: the death of a man attempting to climb the Empire State Building. His death was actually the result of another murder in which the murderer was very obvious though not for the suspected motive.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #175 on: October 30, 2006, 08:23:29 PM »

Next came last night's DEXTER, a creepy episode where Dexter stalks a Cuban dealing in human trafficking with some surprising results. Wonderful show.

Matt H.

« Reply #176 on: October 30, 2006, 08:24:49 PM »

COLD CASE had the story of a 1950s radio DJ who died during one of his broadcasts. The initial report listed suicide, but now the detectives suspect it was murder. Surprising murderer in this. Julie Adams was the primary guest star.

Matt H.

« Reply #177 on: October 30, 2006, 08:27:04 PM »

HEROES had a gripping episode with the always welcome Hiro and some interesting developments with the Claire storyline. And even Niki was more interesting tonight than usual.

But I REALLY missed Adrian Pasdar (the flying man) and Greg Grunberg (the telepathy cop) this week. Glad to see them in the previews.

Matt H.

« Reply #178 on: October 30, 2006, 08:29:21 PM »

Finished the evening watching tonight's JUSTICE which featured a modified story based on the John F. Kennedy Jr. airplane crash of several years ago. Denis O'Hare was the defense attorney (always great to see him), and Kate Burton was taking a leave of absence from GREY'S ANATOMY in order to p[lay the mother of thefiancee killed in the plane crash.

Matt H.

« Reply #179 on: October 30, 2006, 08:31:44 PM »

I forgot to mention that in the thirty minutes I had to wait before HEROES came on, I flipped over to ESPN2 and watched the men's short program from Skate America which was held this past week. I knew the results already, but it was still interesting to see them skate.

DUring the broadcast, Dick Button mentioned that both Timothy Goebel and Michael Weiss will not be competing at the nationals; I'm assuming they've retired from amateur skating, and high time, too!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up