Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SHADOW KNOWS  (Read 47917 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:THE SHADOW KNOWS
« Reply #120 on: October 31, 2006, 01:52:58 PM »

Boo!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 06:00:33 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #121 on: October 31, 2006, 01:54:53 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Save the Cheerleader....save the World![/move]

« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 01:57:00 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #122 on: October 31, 2006, 01:55:29 PM »

I shall now be on my way to LACC and rehearsal, after which I shall be on my way to see Sister Act.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #123 on: October 31, 2006, 02:01:55 PM »

I shall now be on my way to LACC and rehearsal, after which I shall be on my way to see Sister Act.

I can't wait to hear what you think about it...unless you don't like it. :-\ I have always loved Alan Menken's music. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #124 on: October 31, 2006, 02:10:31 PM »

WE are all waiting for Amazon orders, aren't we...I am hoping my box set of 1960s German westerns will arrive soon!

I must say that the staff at the land of Kritzer are far more efficient than Amazon!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #125 on: October 31, 2006, 02:30:02 PM »

I don't know about that -- Amazon ships one day, and I usually get it the next!

I have no problems with Kritzerland shipments, though...just that they're not 2nd-day service, which I get from Amazon all year long (special fee that pays for itself within a month!!!)

« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 02:31:35 PM by Ron Pulliam »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #126 on: October 31, 2006, 02:30:49 PM »

THat skunk costume is adoreable Laura....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Edisaurus

« Reply #127 on: October 31, 2006, 02:31:39 PM »

Maybe it will still be running when you go West to get your Oscar for S&V :)
der Brucer

Nahhhh....I think I was as close as I'll ever get when our last film made it to the Oscar short list. If only it hadn't been for that damned IMAX dolphin film, narrated by Sting, which wasn't even a *real* documentary because every shot was staged...I could have been there when Randy Newman won his Oscar.

I'm going to go eat a non-dolphin-safe tuna sandwich RIGHT NOW!

With S&V...we didn't even have the funds to jump through the necessary hoops so it could qualify.  :'(
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #128 on: October 31, 2006, 02:32:03 PM »

I also do not like mobster movies...

I dont mind mysteries and stuff if they are well written and hold your attention. I hate movies that use murder as a plot gimmick and that is how I feel about a lot of the gangster movies and many of the horror films

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #129 on: October 31, 2006, 02:32:47 PM »

I wish I could get NBC in well enought to see this Heroes program that everyone is chatting about.

Edisaurus

« Reply #130 on: October 31, 2006, 02:36:36 PM »

A Ganch:

I was thinking maybe he was going for a guanche, as mentioned in song by Randy Newman. Guanches were the indigenous population of the Canary Islands, until they were slaughtered by the "Great Nations of Europe".

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #131 on: October 31, 2006, 02:41:06 PM »

I wish I could get NBC in well enought to see this Heroes program that everyone is chatting about.

And up against some feeble competition last night (reruns on CBS and THE BACHELOR on ABC and JUSTICE on Fox), HEROES gained audience making it now the biggest new show of the season in terms of audience. (UGLY BETTY is now second).

FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS did well enough in the time slot - 8.3 million, about two million more than have been watching it on Tuesday nights at 8, but not doing any better than STUDIO 60 was doing in the slot.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #132 on: October 31, 2006, 02:42:17 PM »

Off to get ready for trick-or-treaters and then to settle in for prime time TV at 9.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: October 31, 2006, 03:04:09 PM »

And...my brother Allen and one of his girlfriends took me and my little brother to the theater to see FEAR IS THE KEY back around 1972...the poster scared me to begin with, but when the movie started and that guy set those people on fire...well, I don't remember any more then that so either we left the film or I closed my eyes for the remainder...or maybe the rest of the film just didin't impact me the way the opening scene did.

It wasn't a horror film, just some action thriller...but that skull on the poster made it look so scary to a 7 year old.

And how do you feel now that you are 8?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

jhvw

« Reply #134 on: October 31, 2006, 03:26:20 PM »

hi everybody. Just wanted to say Happy Halloween. Can't say I have anything exciting planned. Spent the morning in bed watching this movie I never heard of called "Hard Candy" I really liked it, but I can't really think of anyone I'd recommend it to. Anyway, hope everyone is having a good day and a fun night!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #135 on: October 31, 2006, 03:32:19 PM »

I just carved a pumpkin. It is a pumpkin we had leftover from last Halloween. I didn't think it would make it another year.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Cillaliz

« Reply #136 on: October 31, 2006, 03:51:09 PM »

Great blocking news, MR BK.  Congrats.

Today I am working ALL DAY and then attending a seance tonight at The World of Wisdom.  Who knows WHAT will happen.  Of course, you know that tonight the veil between the physical and spirit world is at its thinnest, so don't be surprised at anything that happens.

Perhaps I can post a photo of my costume tomorrow.

DR CILLA LIZ.....my favorite costume EVER was a photo you posted last year....if you still have it....I will just say APPLE and UMBRELLA to remind you.

Yes, I have it. It's either in my other computer or on the disk I made before reformating this one. I'll see if I can find it. It was a wonderful costume. He won the contest

Cillaliz

« Reply #137 on: October 31, 2006, 03:55:33 PM »

On a completely unrelated subject (well--if you go back a few days, it's semi-related), I am enjoying the OCR of Grey Gardens more than any other show I've listened to in a long, long time.  A lot of it is cut from the same tonal cloth as Follies (IMHO, anyhoo), but it's brilliantly written, sung and recorded.

Isn't it amazing how they tie so much of the documentary into the music?  I think I appreciated the music a lot more having seen the documentary, especially Jerry Likes My Corn.

jhvw

« Reply #138 on: October 31, 2006, 03:56:57 PM »

Jeeze, my friend just sent me a pic on the phone of her halloween costume, sylvia plath....she is dressed up with her head in an oven. I wish I could put it up here, she did a good job. I guess she's already pissed off a few people with it. Mabye I'll have to go to this halloween costume party after all.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #139 on: October 31, 2006, 04:00:26 PM »

On a completely unrelated subject (well--if you go back a few days, it's semi-related), I am enjoying the OCR of Grey Gardens more than any other show I've listened to in a long, long time.  A lot of it is cut from the same tonal cloth as Follies (IMHO, anyhoo), but it's brilliantly written, sung and recorded.

I'm ordering juvenile books right now and I just put in the CD.  I really enjoy it, also.  I have the DVD for the documentary from the library, but I haven't watched it, yet...maybe tonight.  The only thing that I want to watch is "Boston Legal."  It'll depend on when I get home and what else I have to watch on tape. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #140 on: October 31, 2006, 04:03:28 PM »

Hey Jon! Good to see you.

Cillaliz

« Reply #141 on: October 31, 2006, 04:04:54 PM »

Trick or treaters start in one minute.  I'm not expecting much this year. In my old neighborhood we had TONS! I think I had 80 last year or something like that.  There aren't as many kids in this neighborhood, but you never know.  I have whoppers, snickers, dots, and m&ms.  Lots of goodies for me if the kids don't show.

Cillaliz

« Reply #142 on: October 31, 2006, 04:10:01 PM »

My Roomba arrived at work from eBay today, but I had to go directly to my car from the courthouse, so I didn't bring it home yet. This weekend I shall have a robot to clean my floors

Cillaliz

« Reply #143 on: October 31, 2006, 04:14:38 PM »

My neighbor girls just came to the door. A witch and a princess. It is very cold here, low tonight is going to be 14 degrees, it's only 30 right now. Their mom told me not to count on very many kids here. Gotta check the cats. They are doing major fighting tonight. Probably because Boo was at the vet. She's been puking a lot so I took her in. Don't think it's anything serious, but she got a shot and dewormed and she can't eat for 8-12 hours.   So she's wound up about that. I have a feeling I will be filling cat dishes at midnight - when she can eat again

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #144 on: October 31, 2006, 04:17:05 PM »

DR DERBRUCER,
Been over to my neighborhood, have you?

Personally, I think dogs are entitled to some self-respect!
They lick themselves.  And each other.

Of course, maybe they use a different definition for "self-respect."

:o
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #145 on: October 31, 2006, 04:17:22 PM »

In today's UPS delivery:

The new Tarzan set with the 6 RKO "Tarzan" movies.

The new Criterion DVD of "Le Samourai" with Alain Delon as a hit man.

The new SNL "The Best of Saturday TV Funhouse"...featuring a lot of the cartoons they produced and aired on the show.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #146 on: October 31, 2006, 04:18:06 PM »

They lick themselves.  And each other.

Of course, maybe they use a different definition for "self-respect."

:o

Cats do this, too.

And they're a VERY sociable lot.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #147 on: October 31, 2006, 04:19:13 PM »

My neighbor girls just came to the door. A witch and a princess. It is very cold here, low tonight is going to be 14 degrees, it's only 30 right now. Their mom told me not to count on very many kids here. Gotta check the cats. They are doing major fighting tonight. Probably because Boo was at the vet. She's been puking a lot so I took her in. Don't think it's anything serious, but she got a shot and dewormed and she can't eat for 8-12 hours.   So she's wound up about that. I have a feeling I will be filling cat dishes at midnight - when she can eat again

A cat guardian's work is NEVER done.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #148 on: October 31, 2006, 04:19:16 PM »

A woman came up to my cash register today, buying several packages of rice crackers.

I asked her, "You're giving out those for Halloween?  You do like living dangerously, don't you!"

Much laughter.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #149 on: October 31, 2006, 04:19:48 PM »

I can't believe it was 73 degrees on Sunday and now it's going to be 14 degrees tonight....that's scary
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up