Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: GREAT BALLS OF FIRE  (Read 64262 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:GREAT BALLS OF FIRE
« Reply #90 on: November 04, 2006, 02:40:03 PM »

Ball State University in Muncie Indiana - named for the famous Ball Jar - a canning apparatus popular among farmers' wives for putting up veggies and fruits.

It was first known as Ball State Teachers' College, but then it grew!  Most famous alumnus is PROBABLY Mr David Letterman.

And of course there is the bumper sticker that reads:

Someone I know is going to Ball U.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #91 on: November 04, 2006, 02:40:21 PM »

Page Four at Work Dance.....can't post a pic.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #92 on: November 04, 2006, 02:47:54 PM »

Going down now to pack up a little installation/calibration kit (extra cables and wire, calibration discs, etc. )to use tomorrow on my friend's new HDTV.

Then into the den for more viewing.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Michael

« Reply #93 on: November 04, 2006, 02:58:19 PM »

For the first tiime in 10 years I saw snow!

It still looks the same the last time I saw it.

At least I am not Ottie who once sang I Never See Snow.
Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: November 04, 2006, 03:21:38 PM »

TCB, how could the ham in you let this photo op lose you?  I'm happy for the achievement, but didn't those acting lessons from Aeschylus teach you anything?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: November 04, 2006, 03:24:16 PM »

Ball State University in Muncie Indiana - named for the famous Ball Jar - a canning apparatus popular among farmers' wives for putting up veggies and fruits.

And of course there is the bumper sticker that reads:

Someone I know is going to Ball U.

Is that our former DR Joey?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #96 on: November 04, 2006, 03:43:44 PM »

Congrats TCB

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: November 04, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Back from a good rehearsal, and I'm happy to say I got the humongous twelve page (plus musical number and two reprises) ending to the show blocked.  I'll still need to finesse it, but it's done and that was the biggest hurdle to get over.  Everyone was on their toes and even though it took three hours, it's done and funny and looks fine.  

Next time we go through it, I'll start filling in a few details, and then I have to add movement to one of the reprises, but all of that won't take but an hour or two.  There are only two other musical numbers for me to block (and the tap number that a tap choreographer is doing), then just about five or six scenes - the end of the week is definitely doable to complete at least the rough of everything, and that leaves us three full weeks of rehearsal, which I'm thrilled about.

Now I shall jog while the jogging is good.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #98 on: November 04, 2006, 04:32:33 PM »

I liked mashed potatoes and I like French Fries....but not at the same time.

Call me crazy, but I DO like them at the same time. I've been known to dunk my fries in mashed potatoes.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #99 on: November 04, 2006, 04:37:42 PM »

What's up with this:

Ball State 26
Michigan  34

Sure glad I wasn't watching this one on TV.  Ball State ???        

Hmm. Someone was looking ahead to the Buckeyes.

td

• td
« Reply #100 on: November 04, 2006, 04:40:25 PM »

TCB-Very nice & your sister is cute.  I'm sorry not to see more of you.
Well, with a brother as cute as TCB, it'd be difficult for his sister NOT to be cute.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: November 04, 2006, 04:41:30 PM »

Back from one of those awful near-impossible jogs - I was ready to quit after four blocks, but I toughed it out and went the distance and now I'm ready to COLLAPSE.  So hard for me to do late-afternoon jogs.  Must now catch my breath and then get some food down my gaping maw.

Ginny

« Reply #102 on: November 04, 2006, 04:58:43 PM »

OK, since several asked:

Creamy Hash Browns

In a large saucepan, heat 1 can cream of celery soup, 1/3 C. milk, and 3oz. cream cheese until blended and smooth.  Add 4 C. loose-pack frozen hash brown potatoes and onion to taste; mix thoroughly.  Pour in a baking dish.  Bake, covered, in a 350o oven for 1 and 1/2 hours.  Remove cover, top with shredded cheddar cheese and return to oven to melt.  Serves 6.

This recipe can be doubled for big crowds.  It's especially good with ham or with meat loaf (as I served it not long ago to our very own DR Elmore).  It can also be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated until baking time - I do this a lot during the holidays.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #103 on: November 04, 2006, 04:59:06 PM »

Hmm. Someone was looking ahead to the Buckeyes.

Oy.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #104 on: November 04, 2006, 05:10:21 PM »

Hi, DR TPunk - my conference Wednesday and Thursday was for managers and administrators, of which I am neither (I went for the fundraising sessions).  So the folks I saw out of context were my bosses.  Talk about interesting.

Yes, there's really nothing like seeing your director in leather pants to give you pause.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #105 on: November 04, 2006, 05:12:19 PM »

Not particularly a junk fook junkie, but I have to say that I love some CHILI CHEESE FRIES.

Second that, the chili cheese fries that is.  Sadly I am a junk food junkie.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #106 on: November 04, 2006, 05:15:34 PM »

TPunk-Lake George must be beautiful at this time of year.  Did you take any pictures?

It was absolutely gorgeous.  A huge clear lake surrounded by a ring of autumn colored leaves.  Sadly no pictures were taken as I didn't think to bring my camera.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #107 on: November 04, 2006, 05:19:01 PM »

I was all excited to race home after work yesterday so I could tell you my big news.  Unfortunately, when I saw the photo posted on the website, I wasn't quite as excited.  Still, the website below will take you to the article about our achievement.  The photo will give you a glorious photo of the top of my hair; however, there is a fairly good photo of my sister (second from the right in the front row).

http://www.secstate.wa.gov/office/osos_news.aspx?i=2RSYBxHpmt2w27DVmsOMoQ%3d%3d

**The website is for Washington's Secretary of State (not Condi Rice) which is also the website for answering questions regarding voting rules.  So, you may have some trouble getting into the site.

Congratulations TCB!! Too bad we could only see the top of your head.  What exactly do you do with the DSHS- it sounds like you have done a lot to help a usually underserved group of kids.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #108 on: November 04, 2006, 05:20:52 PM »

People with cell phones are especially obnoxious in the library today - visitors and staff.
So, why are they calling each other instead of talking face to face?  Is it that hard to cross a room to have a conversation?

::)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #109 on: November 04, 2006, 05:27:48 PM »

On the way back from Lake George, my co-worker introduced me to the most amazing kd lang CD- it's called hymns of the 49th parallel and she covers a lot of Joni Mitchell, Neil Young and Leonard Cohen tunes.  And the song The Valley by Jane Siberry is my new favorite.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: November 04, 2006, 05:35:32 PM »

Just had some yummilicious pizza, which was just what the doctor ordered.  As soon as I saw the doctor had ordered pizza, I simply had to follow suit.  After I followed the suit, I came back to the pizza place and ordered pizza, just like the doctor.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #111 on: November 04, 2006, 05:36:44 PM »

Quote from: MusicGuy on Today at 06:12:29am
You'll notice that I discreetly left no reference to the "great balls of fire" - your's or anyone elses.  Somehow, I feel that those references will be well covered by DRs TCB, TomovOz, DerBrucer, and the always lovely elmore !

And with that prompting:

Great Balls of Fire: Rocky Mountain Oysters with a Chipotle sauce.

You city slickers may also know this delight as: Barnyard Jewels, Montana Tendergroin or Cowboy Caviar.

der Brucer
By interesting coincidence, over at Michael Ruhlman's blog there are a couple of interesting entries.

First, we have The Pledge

Second, we have The Turn

Is anyone sure we want to find out what The Prestige is like?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ginny

« Reply #112 on: November 04, 2006, 05:43:25 PM »

Yes, there's really nothing like seeing your director in leather pants to give you pause.

My travel companion and I declined to attend the karaoke outing and missed seeing performances by several of our managers.

Ginny

« Reply #113 on: November 04, 2006, 05:44:23 PM »

DR Elmore - I've received all your messages and will look for you about 11:30am tomorrow!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #114 on: November 04, 2006, 05:45:45 PM »

After I finished my shift at work, der B and I went to see the motion picture entertainment called The Prestige.

I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Der Brucer was confused and lost from the start.

Horseracing.

FJL

« Reply #115 on: November 04, 2006, 05:46:04 PM »

Looking forward to the repeat of the Liza episode of LAW & ORDER:  CRIMINAL INTENT, so that I too will be able to use the words subtlety and Liza in the same sentence.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #116 on: November 04, 2006, 05:46:26 PM »

My travel companion and I declined to attend the karaoke outing and missed seeing performances by several of our managers.
And your ears are probably thanking you even now!

FJL

« Reply #117 on: November 04, 2006, 05:48:19 PM »

Karaoke outing?  Is that like going to a bar and singing along to Diana Ross singing "I'm Coming Out?"

FJL

« Reply #118 on: November 04, 2006, 05:48:53 PM »

I believe many of the best theater directors wear leather pants at times.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #119 on: November 04, 2006, 05:49:31 PM »

After our visit to the motion picture palace, der B and I went to a new store called Kitchens and Company.  It is a store filled with items for the kitchen and dining room.

Correction.  It is a HUGE store filled with items for the kitchen and dining room.

I saw all sorts of items that would be fun to have.

Der Brucer filled a shopping basket with things he decided he wanted.

He seemed to enjoy the shopping a lot more than the movie.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up