Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: WHAT A DIFFERENCE A DAY MAKES  (Read 56261 times)

singingnymph

• We have movie sign!
Re:WHAT A DIFFERENCE A DAY MAKES
« Reply #150 on: November 06, 2006, 04:40:58 PM »

I've been stalking him for the last 10 years and I ended up doing his tribute websit!   ::) ;D
NICE. I wouldn't mind taking over the myspace, but I have enough distracting me from my school work as it is.
~Meg B, of Central California~
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,
minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
A little song, a little dance,
a little seltzer down your pants.
http://madmistressmeg.spreadshirt.com

Ginny

« Reply #151 on: November 06, 2006, 05:35:43 PM »

On my way home from work tonight, I stopped at Border's to buy part of DH Richard's birthday present (next Monday, his 60th!) and bought for myself Barry Manilow First & Farewell.  My friend Becky and I saw him on that very first tour at Music Hall in Cincinnati, so the grainy video is very nostalgic for me.  By that time, though, I'd seen him twice on tour as Bette Midler's music director, once in Detroit and once in Ann Arbor.

When I arrived home there were 7 - count 'em 7 - recorded political messages on our answering machine.  Among the folks who called us today were Michael Reagan and the wife of Senator Mike Dewine.  Oh, the joys of living in one of the purplest states in the Union!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #152 on: November 06, 2006, 05:46:53 PM »

No I won't mention "Tee For Two"

Perhaps "Let the Eagle Soar" by John Ashcroft would fit the bill?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #153 on: November 06, 2006, 05:48:46 PM »

Brickbat of the day:

Nancy Pelosi: Caviar commie!

der Brucer

::)

There's not an un-American bone in Nancy's body, just so you know.

The recent attacks on her by sweating-bullets GOP stooges is proof they're running very scared.  

;)

She has an excellent voting record, she's true to her constituents, and her agenda is no less patriotic or American than any GOP agenda.  

:-*

As for Newt Gingrich's comments about her...I still have no trust in any man who'd leave his physically disabled wife for another woman.  Cowards all of them who do.  :(

Pelosi will be a far sight better at leading the House than any of the bozos who've been there the past 12 years!

« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 05:55:28 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #154 on: November 06, 2006, 05:56:25 PM »

I'm going to vote first thing in the a.m.  Will be there when the doors open.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #155 on: November 06, 2006, 06:17:37 PM »

Here in Washington (I think it's all of Washington), voting is by mail-in ballot only.  I'm going to drop off my ballot at the Tumwater City Hall, since it's only a block away from where I live (now)!  AND I'll get a "I Voted" sticker. :) They don't include them in the mail-in ballots.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 06:17:54 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #156 on: November 06, 2006, 06:18:38 PM »

I mean, that's the only reason that I vote...so I can get an "I Voted" sticker!  What other reason is there??

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #157 on: November 06, 2006, 06:41:02 PM »

DakotaCelt-Thanks for the photos & details on the theater.

Rodzinksy, how was your show tonight?

Cillaliz-Vibes you feel great by the morning.

Jane

« Reply #158 on: November 06, 2006, 06:43:08 PM »

Keith said for the next election he will write down the names of every candidate that calls or we were called on their behalf, and vote only for the ones that didn’t call.

I suspect he won’t be voting in the next election.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #159 on: November 06, 2006, 06:44:20 PM »

Thanks Jane, I don't think there will be a problem. I'm surprised I haven't been more involved in the election this time. This isn't a bell weather state, but there are a few close contests here.  I am really looking forward to poll watching.  I was telling someone the other day the two things that make me feel patriotic are watching a Naturalization Ceremony and being involved in an election.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #160 on: November 06, 2006, 06:46:02 PM »

Keith said for the next election he will write down the names of every candidate that calls or we were called on their behalf, and vote only for the ones that didn’t call.

I suspect he won’t be voting in the next election.  

I haven't done any calling this time. I don't pick up unless I know who it is on caller id

Jane

« Reply #161 on: November 06, 2006, 06:48:50 PM »

Most annoying is when they ask who we votoed for, how rude!

Cillaliz, have fun tomorrow.

'night.

Ginny

« Reply #162 on: November 06, 2006, 06:54:43 PM »

The oddest thing is that the phone hasn't rung at all since I've been home - about 3 hours.

I'll vote before I leave town for work tomorrow.  You'd think our county board of elections website would tell the poll hours, but I can't find it.  Surely they'll be open by 7:30am?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #163 on: November 06, 2006, 07:18:54 PM »

Calling has been light here, too.  Fewer "locals" are up for anything...it's for governor and a bunch of initiatives, primarily.

I think Arnold's camp knows not to call here....not after the last time!   :D

Cillaliz

« Reply #164 on: November 06, 2006, 07:33:06 PM »

Ginny, I found this on the Cincinnati Enquirer website  "In Ohio, polling places open at 6:30 a.m. and close at 7:30 p.m. If you are not sure about the location of your polling place, call your county board of elections."

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #165 on: November 06, 2006, 07:44:31 PM »

Good evening dear Esteemed and mega-busy BK --

I really like the poster for The Brain, and I'm glad all of the planning and rehearsing is going well.

MusicGuy

« Reply #166 on: November 06, 2006, 07:47:27 PM »

And a lovely good evening to all of the assorted flavors of hainsies and kimlets around these parts.  I'm just checking in for a minute, and then relaxing a little and watching Studio 60.  

Thank heavens I am getting near the end of the grueling work thing that I am currently doing.  9 and 10 hour days are too hard on my delicate and sensitive personage !  

At this stage of life, I'm more Jessica Tandy, and less Paul Bunyon.

Nighty-night everyone.

Goodnight Lucy.

MusicGuy

« Reply #167 on: November 06, 2006, 07:49:15 PM »

Oh, and as for TOD :

You Bet Your Life
Truth Or Consequences
Beat The Clock

(My God, how did early television get along without Goodsen and Todman)

FJL

« Reply #168 on: November 06, 2006, 08:23:01 PM »

I feel half New Republic, half Onion
Part Jessie Tandy and partly Paul Bunyan
But alive
But alive
But aliiiiiiive

Cillaliz

« Reply #169 on: November 06, 2006, 08:31:07 PM »

Love it FJL-

I shall be E & T tomorrow. Perhaps I'll stop by during my afternoon break, but it will be in the 70s and sunny here. I think I'll paint the garage door....

Cillaliz

« Reply #170 on: November 06, 2006, 08:37:33 PM »

Vibes to jhvw for as stress free evening as possible doing the tv graphics for the election....the coverage in Missouri could go very late...take a nap in the afternoon...

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #171 on: November 06, 2006, 08:46:06 PM »

Watched lots of things tonight. I started with last night's WITHOUT A TRACE, a melancholy story about a missing young lady with something like bipolar disorder. By the end of the hour, it was clear they didn't really have much of a story this week: one of the weaker WITHOUT A TRACE episodes.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #172 on: November 06, 2006, 08:48:09 PM »

Back from rehearsal and getting some food.  Will now sit on my couch like so much fish.

Matt H.

« Reply #173 on: November 06, 2006, 08:50:43 PM »

I had 30 minutes to spare before the CBS comedies began so I put in MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 2.

My friend John loaned me MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 3 today, but before I watch it later in the week, I wanted to familiarize myself with the second one again since it's been years since I saw it. The 30 minutes was enough to put the characters back into my head. Also, watching just that little bit reminded me how much I hated John Woo's directorial style in this movie with all those tedious slow motion action sequences. Made the movie 15 minutes longer than it needed to be with all that slow-mo.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #174 on: November 06, 2006, 08:52:04 PM »

I am glad that I work at night and I dont get any calls.... That can be a blessing...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Matt H.

« Reply #175 on: November 06, 2006, 08:52:15 PM »

HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER had some funny bits tonight and a sweet ending. Once again, I enjoyed the show, something I rarely said last season as I watched.

Matt H.

« Reply #176 on: November 06, 2006, 08:54:01 PM »

THE CLASS was almost a total washout for me tonight. The gay characters weren't on the show at all (and they're the only fun ones out of the entire cast), and the rest just wasn't funny or all that interesting.

I will be really surprised if this gets picked up for the full season. Last year's OUT OF PRACTICE is ten times funnier than this show.

Matt H.

« Reply #177 on: November 06, 2006, 08:55:30 PM »

HEROES scored another bull's eye tonight with some super tricks and pushing the storyline ahead just enough to keep me interested. All of my favorite characters made appearances tonight, so I greatly enjoyed it.

FJL

« Reply #178 on: November 06, 2006, 08:56:07 PM »

Thanks, Cilla.  

The score to APPLAUSE has been running through my head since Halloween.

Have i already told the story about the friend who worked at North Shore Music Theatre years ago and swore that three different people called up and asked for tickets to see Dorothy collins in APPLESAUCE.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #179 on: November 06, 2006, 09:00:16 PM »

I put in another ream of paper in the printer <G>

However, a freind gave me a nice gift for being especially helpful. He had to copies of Monsoon wedding and he said I could keep the copy he loaned me. Great movie!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up