Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: DOES ANYONE STILL EAT A MALOMAR?  (Read 45910 times)

Tomovoz

Re:DOES ANYONE STILL EAT A MALOMAR?
« Reply #180 on: December 02, 2006, 05:29:45 PM »

"She Gods of Shark Reef"  - a story crying out to be musicalised.

Thanks for sharing your enjoyment Michael.  (and Yes I mean that).
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

MBarnum

« Reply #181 on: December 02, 2006, 05:29:57 PM »

I must now go grocery shopping because my cupboards are bare! And upon my return I will finish watching last nights Bollywood movie...GUNGA JUMNA (1961) which is fast becoming one of my favorites!

JRand56, I think you would very much like this one...great story, lively dances, and it is in color!

Tomovoz

« Reply #182 on: December 02, 2006, 05:30:24 PM »

With several packages - did the postman ring twice?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

MBarnum

« Reply #183 on: December 02, 2006, 05:31:20 PM »

With several packages - did the postman ring twice?

Actually...yes he did!

MBarnum

« Reply #184 on: December 02, 2006, 05:32:02 PM »

I think Lisa's movie DAUGHTER OF THE SUN GOD would make the better musical, Tomovoz!

Tomovoz

« Reply #185 on: December 02, 2006, 05:32:06 PM »

Pehaps we should now do the "Hard to Say I'm Sari" dance.
(with apologies to Chicago)
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #186 on: December 02, 2006, 05:41:19 PM »

Julie Andrews: Victor/Victoria and The Sound of Music
Judy Holliday: Bells Are Ringing and Born Yesterday
Ethel Merman: There's No Business Like Show Business and Call Me Madam
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #187 on: December 02, 2006, 05:44:29 PM »

Will there be a report on Cannibalism in the state of Washington?

Yes...
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #188 on: December 02, 2006, 05:44:58 PM »

Is that tonight?! Oh I must catch up  I am dreadfully behind!!

Broken  Leg Vibes to George !

Thanks!!  Actually, last night was opening night and we had a sold out performance!  They actually had to add several chairs and turn away about 40 people...including some who had actually paid!  It turns out that someone sold tickets at the door and didn't keep track of how many, so they sold about 15 more than they ended up having room for! :o NOT GOOD!  One of the people turned away (if I remember correctly) was a reviewer!  Most people were kind enough to get tickets for another night.

George

« Reply #189 on: December 02, 2006, 05:55:34 PM »

I see DR George - did you break a fishnet-clad leg last night?

Fortunately, not literally. ;) Last night (opening) went quite well!  We had a full audience and my parents were there!  The pacing was good (except for a couple of fight scenes, but I'm not in them).  In my first Indian scene, however, someone jumped a line and I wasn't able to get my last line in, so I only had nine lines last night instead of ten.  Other than that, the energy was up and the performance was a success.  Hopefully, tonight will be just as good.  I don't know how many tickets have been sold (I know it's not sold out at all), but we should have a good show tonight. :D

Ginny

« Reply #190 on: December 02, 2006, 06:00:36 PM »

Congratulations, DR George, on your opening night!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Tomovoz

« Reply #191 on: December 02, 2006, 06:01:38 PM »

Thanks for the report George.
James Thurber 1957

George

« Reply #192 on: December 02, 2006, 06:03:30 PM »

Thanks Ginny and Tomovoz. :)

George

« Reply #193 on: December 02, 2006, 06:03:43 PM »

And now...

George

« Reply #194 on: December 02, 2006, 06:04:23 PM »

Thanks to Elmore, JRand, Jeanne, Jennifer, Ron and anyone else I might have missed for the good condo/water damage wishes.  Short recap (I have to leave real soon):  My condo flooded and the water was coming from the wall.  I called a plumber who opened the wall and found that my pipes DID NOT burst!!  The neighbor's did!  HOWEVER, the owner of that unit DID NOT file a claim with his insurance company (actually, he did but he told them to have it "destroyed") because he doesn't feel responsible or liable. :P He's going to pay for the repairs to his unit on his own, which means I'm screwed.  The bastard.  I think that if I want to pursue it, I would have to prove negligence on his part.

Yesterday, Ron wrote:
Pardon if this is a painful question, but don't you have insurance?
Ron, have you ever heard of a "round tuit?"  Well, sadly, I hadn’t gotten one yet. :( My bad...real bad. :'(

George

« Reply #195 on: December 02, 2006, 06:05:19 PM »

Now I have to leave to go to the theater.  I'll be back later.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #196 on: December 02, 2006, 06:18:47 PM »

I've sometimes written total oddities to see if anyone will comment! LOL

Sometimes...?

:-*
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #197 on: December 02, 2006, 06:24:26 PM »

SOMETIMES???!!! :o ;D

(That's why I commented on the Vicki Lawrence info yesterday! I know you better!)

The trouble with having to play "catch-up" is that you need to comment on posts as you read them, always risking being scooped/bitten in the ass by someone else's post a little later on.

Still...it must tickle TommyovOz that more than one person jumped on his little morsel!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #198 on: December 02, 2006, 06:27:06 PM »

It's such a BIG night in certain areas, I feel quite isolated in the boring old Bay area!

Maybe I ought to do a little night shopping.

Tomovoz

« Reply #199 on: December 02, 2006, 06:28:21 PM »

One of my friends here did not manage to get a "round tuit" earlier this year.  His apartment was flooded from the apartment above.  Most of his possessions were destroyed.  (He was not at home when the flooding happened).   The "round tuit" may not have stopped the water damage but it would have made the recovery process less painful.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 06:45:05 PM by Tomovoz »
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #200 on: December 02, 2006, 06:34:51 PM »

I watched the Richard Donner cut of "Superman II" this afternoon.

It was imminently watchable but, truthfully, it's not any kind of revelation or lost masterpiece.

How could it be?  When Donner was directing "Superman: The Movie", he shot footage for both movies.  At a certain point, however, he had to abandon shooting scenes for the second movie and concentrate on getting the first one ready for release.

He had quite a bit shot from which this film was pieced together, and it's fascinating to watch from the perspective of passed time, the film that ultimately was released, and the differences that exist between visions.

I do not know what squabbles went on between Donner and the Salkinds, but the fact is that Donner never really got to shoot "final" scenes of much of what he intended, so what they've pieced into this film is composited scenes and what's being called "screen test" scenes (although not "screen test" in the way most of us think of that term....one key scene is with Reeve and Kidder...and you just know their participation wasn't in question).  You just know, as this movie plays, that Donner would have shot more scenes and had scenes written to cover transtions.  

It is a different movie.  It's interesting.  It's worth viewing.  Don't approach it as though it was being presented as the better movie, because there is no way that could be possible unless Donner had shot and finished the sequel and then had it rejected.  He did not.

Richard Lester shot quite a bit of what was in "Superman II" (and Donner has some stuff in there, too).  It's not as smoothly edited as one might wish because transition shots don't exist that would abet "smoothness" from one scene to another, but what IS in this film is choice and worth the time of everyone who is interested in what Donner's vision was and how it might have looked.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 06:41:09 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #201 on: December 02, 2006, 06:37:28 PM »

I know one thing....I'm off to ACE Hardware tonight and looking to see if they sell a "round tuit".  Apparently you shouldn't be without one in case flooding happens.

François

« Reply #202 on: December 02, 2006, 06:54:16 PM »

In other words:

Don't be a twit, get a "round tuit" now!!

François

« Reply #203 on: December 02, 2006, 06:56:22 PM »

I know that even Tpunk always carries a "round tuit'!

"Don't leave home without tuit!"

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #204 on: December 02, 2006, 06:59:11 PM »

Contac D for Colds works pretty well when congestion sets in.  

I have major phlegm flow right now.

It's quite disgusting, but I'm breathing freely.

François

« Reply #205 on: December 02, 2006, 06:59:59 PM »

Only Jrand would get a "rand tuit", but that's understandable!

François

« Reply #206 on: December 02, 2006, 07:01:20 PM »

Contac D for Colds works pretty well when congestion sets in.  

I have major phlegm flow right now.

It's quite disgusting, but I'm breathing freely.

You nose what to do in case of a phlegm flood!!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #207 on: December 02, 2006, 07:01:45 PM »

In other words:

Don't be a twit, get a "round tuit" now!!

Whenever I'm in need of a "twit", I visit the postings at Film Score Monthly Messageboard.  It's just rife with twits of all sorts.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 07:02:03 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #208 on: December 02, 2006, 07:02:43 PM »

You nose what to do in case of a phlegm flood!!

A "round tuit" works on phlegm flow, too?

François

« Reply #209 on: December 02, 2006, 07:03:01 PM »

They don't sell Contac-D in France but they do carry "round tuits" everywhere....
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up