Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down

Author Topic: HAIR TODAY, GONE TOMORROW  (Read 36721 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:HAIR TODAY, GONE TOMORROW
« Reply #330 on: January 12, 2007, 09:10:34 PM »

Greetings from the Errant and truant north!! It is -20 here to night and that does nto include the wind.

Had a hellacious week at work this past week and by the end of the day I was not in the mood for log on after work. It was not a good week!

Yesterday marked a full year since I started posting on HHW...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #331 on: January 12, 2007, 09:10:59 PM »

Lovely photos Laura!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #332 on: January 12, 2007, 09:11:34 PM »

Page 12 dance!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #333 on: January 12, 2007, 09:13:39 PM »

What a lovely evening!  Jose came by and we went to Artie's for dinner and lots of catchup and gossip.  After that, we ran into Baayork Lee who asked us to join her taxi to the theatre district.  I've known Baayork since 1988, but I hadn't seen her in years.  She told Jose about Gertrude Lawrence and working on the original Broadway production of FLOWER DRUM SONG.

THE FANTASTICKS was interesting tonight after seeing it last sunday:  Tom Jones was back as Henry and the understudy for Luisa was wonderful!  After the show, I introduced Jose to Tom and Nick, and we ran into Doug Ullman who plays Matt out on the street after.

DR Jane, I wish that my nursie were here to see the show as well.  Perhaps you could come in in February when Nick goes on for Matt?

DR JRand56, I missed your request, but I would be happy to go back after a performance and have the cast sign a program.  I've got a couple of programs for you right now.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #334 on: January 12, 2007, 09:15:22 PM »

I've never seen or heard Half a Sixpence.  I do have the London cast recording of Some Like It Hot (aka Sugar on Broadway) with Tommy Steele.

And I just got "1900" from Netflix.  It's on two discs...it's long.

DR George, I prefer the London cast recording to the Broadway cast, but there are some wonderful numbers in HALF A SIXPENCE.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #335 on: January 12, 2007, 09:20:50 PM »

Penny - Did you know Barbara Bosson played the hero's mother in the LAST STARFIGHTER film?  Degrees of separation abound.  :)

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #336 on: January 12, 2007, 09:24:37 PM »

Sorry to hear you had a terrible week, DakotaCelt. I hope it gets better.

I cannot imagine -20 degrees. I am cold enough tonight.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Cillaliz

« Reply #337 on: January 12, 2007, 09:30:43 PM »

We're getting down to -2 tonight.  Dakota, I hope you have some time off this weekend to relax.  I find a hot bath is a wonderful thing after a bad week...and ice cream....and chocolate.....
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 09:31:15 PM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #338 on: January 12, 2007, 09:32:26 PM »

Callie is telling me it's time to go upstairs.  LOL. she's started doing this every night. I want to curl up under the covers and keep reading Thunderstruck.  So until tomorrow, good night, my friends.

FJL

« Reply #339 on: January 12, 2007, 09:33:57 PM »

Larry - did you run into Paul Jackel, who understudies several roles in THE FANTASTICKS?  

(I saw Paul go on a couple of months ago as El Gallo, and he did a great job.)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #340 on: January 12, 2007, 10:27:16 PM »

Good Evening!

Well, as DR elmore recounted, we had a perfectly loverly evening.

As for Artie's - DR elmore: Old-fashioned Cheddar Burger with Onion Rings.  Moi: Pastrami Burger (a hamburger topped with pastrami) and French Fries - and a Cel-Ray.

And it was a treat running into Baayork as we were walking to the subway, and then taking a taxi with her down to Times Square.  -She was on her way to check-in on A Chorus Line - they had brush-up rehearsals today.

As for The Fantasticks, a very good production of a very wonderful show.  I'm trying to remember the last time I've seen a production - probably been about 15.. 20 years.  In fact, I had forgotten most of what happens in the second act, so it was like seeing the show anew.  Thanks for the tix, DR elmore.

And then on the way out the theatre, I ran into my friend, Russ, who was my initial contact with Walt Disneyworld's casting department, and Universal Studios Japan - he's the one who got me to Australia!

So...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #341 on: January 12, 2007, 10:28:08 PM »

DR edisaurus - Hope all is safe and sound.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #342 on: January 12, 2007, 10:28:46 PM »

DR FJL - Yes, we briefly ran into Paul Jackel on the way into the show.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #343 on: January 12, 2007, 10:29:13 PM »

DR WFO - Have FUN!!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #344 on: January 12, 2007, 10:31:18 PM »

We're getting down to -2 tonight.  Dakota, I hope you have some time off this weekend to relax.  I find a hot bath is a wonderful thing after a bad week...and ice cream....and chocolate.....

I am sipping a hot chocolate right now... Nice to relax..

DBF did buy me a very nice treat and I am listening to it. Some classic radio soaps from the 1930s and 40s. I am listening to one called "One Man's Family."

Still debating if I will listen to Dr. Kildare tonight or not

BTW, I did watch a DVD this past week "Laura". Good stoy but the transfer was not great. The mouth of the actors and the words did not match.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #345 on: January 12, 2007, 10:32:12 PM »

...And that's all about I can remember... And I need to get to bed, since I'll be driving down to DC in the morning...  *And I'm hoping that those ice storms(!) forecasted from northern Texas to St. Louis turn out to be not that bad - and stay away from the 95 corridor...

OK - My mind is shutting down...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #346 on: January 12, 2007, 10:34:04 PM »

Sorry to hear you had a terrible week, DakotaCelt. I hope it gets better.

I cannot imagine -20 degrees. I am cold enough tonight.

Back in 1996, the local weather guy did a demo on the Today show of hammering a nail with a banana.  It had gotten down to -38 in Fargo that day. Severe cold like that is unusual for us.

Another cold trick is to take a cup of hot water outside and throw it in the air and if falls in flakes
it does not freeze.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 10:36:41 PM by DakotaCelt »

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #347 on: January 12, 2007, 10:39:23 PM »

I think I have mentioned before that Tommy Steele was my first official crush!

And methinks m'ladies crush lingers on ;)

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #348 on: January 12, 2007, 10:50:06 PM »

I've had a lovelier than lovely relaxing evening - ate some Thai food for dinner, and then continued Miss Patti's film education with Billy Wilder's One, Two, Three (she wanted a comedy, and I'd been wanting to watch this "marvy" comedy again).  Even though it's obviously dated as can be (every reference in the movie was, at the time, as topical as can be), I still laugh out loud at it, and Cagney is so great, as are Horst Buchholtz, Pamela Tiffin,  Howard St. John and the large cast.  I'd actually forgotten that this was the film where I first heard the immortal words "like a dead herring in the moonlight" which I've used in so many shows.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #349 on: January 12, 2007, 10:52:11 PM »

I've just had word that the lovely Julieanne Pogue will be coming to LA, so I'll get to have a wonderful supper with her, and maybe she can even come see the kids show.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #350 on: January 12, 2007, 10:59:30 PM »

Congrats bk on reaching the new plateau of 23k.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #351 on: January 12, 2007, 11:07:53 PM »

Dakota - cheer up!

The weatherman says you have a heat wave on the way; tomorrow it will go all the way up to 14 degrees in Fargo.

Enjoy

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #352 on: January 12, 2007, 11:16:02 PM »

I'm getting tired.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #353 on: January 12, 2007, 11:16:30 PM »

And yet, I must write notes and watch a little more Dr. Mabuse.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #354 on: January 12, 2007, 11:32:55 PM »

When I left work, it was pretty darned cold.  I almost had to force my door open again, but there was another problem.  I started my car and turned the heat all the way up and scraped all of my windows.  When I was ready to leave the parking lot, I disengaged the parking brake and it felt like it didn't actually disengage!  And while driving, my car slowed down more quickly than usual when I just put in the clutch.  I'm hoping that everything will be fine tomorrow when it all warms up.  I hope that the parking brake cable (or any part of it) isn't broken. :-\

« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 11:34:13 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #355 on: January 12, 2007, 11:33:26 PM »

It's really cold here.

George

« Reply #356 on: January 12, 2007, 11:57:22 PM »

According to Weater.com, right now in Olympia it's 16°F!!  
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #357 on: January 12, 2007, 11:57:59 PM »

Not to brag, or anything. ::)

;)

George

« Reply #358 on: January 12, 2007, 11:59:29 PM »

It's only supposed to get up to  a high of 37°F tomorrow. :P

George

« Reply #359 on: January 13, 2007, 12:00:07 AM »

And since we're so close...
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up