Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BEST IS YET TO COME  (Read 35084 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re:THE BEST IS YET TO COME
« Reply #90 on: January 13, 2007, 11:15:16 AM »

Well, I've played "The Brain" CD about 5 times now today, and so far there have been no major rumblings from the neighbors.  It really captures the show, and the cast sounds wonderful.  I'd never guess that Egbert was recorded later because of his laryngitis. and the band sounds fantastic!

DR MBarnum, you will love it!

« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 11:16:24 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #91 on: January 13, 2007, 11:17:04 AM »

Someone just said "post-modern." Dr Sandra will find that funny.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: January 13, 2007, 11:20:47 AM »

Speaking of DR MBarnum, where is he?  Was this the weekend he was checking out his gym buddy's credentials?  I do hope he hasn't expired from a John Abraham siezure and been eaten by Freddy and Bosco.

He was always heading toward a tabloid climax.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: January 13, 2007, 11:21:27 AM »

My favorite post-modern expression is "Eurotrash."

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #94 on: January 13, 2007, 11:37:58 AM »

Whoever is meeting in the room above us is running across the room. Over and over. Back and forth.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #95 on: January 13, 2007, 11:44:22 AM »

Are you sure is not a human hamster wheel?
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #96 on: January 13, 2007, 11:48:01 AM »

Thank you for the continued birthday wishes.  I am back from my manicure and pedicure which were most satisfactory.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #97 on: January 13, 2007, 11:48:18 AM »

Die Hard spoiler...

Bruce Willis comes out on top.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 11:48:35 AM by TPunk »

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #98 on: January 13, 2007, 11:49:14 AM »

This morning Walty conveyed his birthday wishes by walking up and down my back as I was trying to sleep.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #99 on: January 13, 2007, 11:49:51 AM »

My biggest birthday/new year wish is that I am better able to separate myself from my cases so that I have not burnt out by the end of the year.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #100 on: January 13, 2007, 12:02:40 PM »

Hmm... Roasted chestnuts!

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #101 on: January 13, 2007, 12:05:06 PM »

Have a wonderful, wonderful Birthday TPunk you sweet, beautiful gal you!

This card either wishes you a happy birthday or congratulates you on learning the heimlich maneuver.

Tomovoz

« Reply #102 on: January 13, 2007, 12:07:44 PM »

A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY DR TPUNK

As a licensed newly "carer" in the community you maybe able to help with this plea from my friend Michael in the Congo.

I am passionately contacting you based on the need for a trusted and
honest person, who I can entrust with the sum of US$15,500,000 (Fifteen
million, Five hundred Thousand US Dollars).

I think Dear Reader Laura may have had contact with this man in need before.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

MBarnum

« Reply #103 on: January 13, 2007, 12:10:35 PM »

DR Elmore called me and let me listen to a few snippets (stingy!!) of the Brain CD...and just hearing parts of those songs put such a wonderful smile on my face!

BK, I can never thank you enough for making a play that I enjoyed so much.

Ginny

« Reply #104 on: January 13, 2007, 12:13:48 PM »

...I think Dear Reader Laura may have had contact with this man in need before.

LOL - Haven't we all, DR Tomovoz, haven't we all!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Tomovoz

« Reply #105 on: January 13, 2007, 12:17:13 PM »

TOTD "Firefly"
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Cillaliz

« Reply #106 on: January 13, 2007, 12:18:56 PM »

Some great posts since I was here last!

Save your money CILLA LIZ - it's a great goal.

Congrats to DR DAKOTACELT on her year at HHW!

Thanks JRand. I talked to my brother about it today. He agrees completely that it's time to move on and is 100% behind me.  My goal is 6 months, but there are many things to factor in to the equation, so I'm not exactly sure when it will be.  What I have decided is that it will be.

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #107 on: January 13, 2007, 12:23:42 PM »

Well, I've played "The Brain" CD about 5 times now today...

Can I say "I'm jealous" enough?!  I have a laundry list of people who want a CD, so methinks half of the pre-orders are going to be from yours truly.  I cannot wait!!!

Sooooooo jealous, Lar, sooooooooo jealous.
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

Cillaliz

« Reply #108 on: January 13, 2007, 12:23:42 PM »

...And I've been reading the reports about the ice storm in the mid-West...  VIBES!~~~~~VIBES!~~~~~VIBES!

DR Cillaliz - Have you been affected?  How's John doing down in Joplin?
I haven't gotten too much in the way of snow, just a tiny bit over night...I did try to get the snow blower to work this morning because we are expecting to get 4-8 inches of snow tomorrow or monday. No dice. I decided it was a very cheap model (relative to other snowblowers) and it's 5 years old, so I went and bought the newer version of the same machine.

I will donate the old one to any group that wants it. Then all they need is a handy man who can fix it and they have a snowblower.

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #109 on: January 13, 2007, 12:24:45 PM »

Happy, happy birthday TPunk!!!  Hope it's a marvelous one!
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

Cillaliz

« Reply #110 on: January 13, 2007, 12:25:37 PM »

From what I understand Joplin is getting the ice and is expected to get it for 3 days.  Jon took a duffle bag with clothes etc to the station when he went to work last night. No word on whether he made it home or spent the night there.

I haven't talked to him for awhile, but I heard he's enrolled in college again in Joplin.  He's doing well, from what I hear. Think I'll email him.  

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #111 on: January 13, 2007, 12:25:50 PM »

I haven't gotten too much in the way of snow, just a tiny bit over night...I did try to get the snow blower to work this morning because we are expecting to get 4-8 inches of snow tomorrow or monday. No dice. I decided it was a very cheap model (relative to other snowblowers) and it's 5 years old, so I went and bought the newer version of the same machine.

I will donate the old one to any group that wants it. Then all they need is a handy man who can fix it and they have a snowblower.

Good to hear.  Although, I read that Joplin got a good amount of ice overnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #112 on: January 13, 2007, 12:26:27 PM »

HAPPIEST OF BIRTHDAYS TO TPUNK>>>>>>  You LMSW you!

Hope you have a wonderful day

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #113 on: January 13, 2007, 12:26:46 PM »

From what I understand Joplin is getting the ice and is expected to get it for 3 days.  Jon took a duffle bag with clothes etc to the station when he went to work last night. No word on whether he made it home or spent the night there.

I haven't talked to him for awhile, but I heard he's enrolled in college again in Joplin.  He's doing well, from what I hear. Think I'll email him.  

-That's what I was wondering about... If he's been iced in at the station.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #114 on: January 13, 2007, 12:27:06 PM »

Thanks JRand. I talked to my brother about it today. He agrees completely that it's time to move on and is 100% behind me.  My goal is 6 months, but there are many things to factor in to the equation, so I'm not exactly sure when it will be.  What I have decided is that it will be.

Go for it, DR Cillaliz!  We're all behind ya here!

I loved the years when DS Rob was growing up and I was a free-lancer.  Mostly, I taught at colleges, but from time to time would get a short-term library assignment or a consulting job.  Of course, I couldn't have supported myself that way, but I sure did like the freedom and flexibility.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #115 on: January 13, 2007, 12:32:58 PM »

Back for but a moment - so much for the "day off" - I shall shortly be on my way to Vinnie's to do elmore's tiny wish list and then we shall wrap this sucker and send it on its merry way to our mastering engineer.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: January 13, 2007, 12:34:10 PM »

I did use some credit I had and got a region 2 DVD of the entire run of Honey West - I confess I've never seen an episode but I love Anne Francis and it really looks like it might be fun.  It only lasted one season - thirty episodes.  These days what comprises a season?  Twelve?

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #117 on: January 13, 2007, 12:35:01 PM »

Back for but a moment - so much for the "day off" - I shall shortly be on my way to Vinnie's to do elmore's tiny wish list and then we shall wrap this sucker and send it on its merry way to our mastering engineer.

That's what I'm talkin' about!

Cillaliz

« Reply #118 on: January 13, 2007, 12:36:24 PM »

Go for it, DR Cillaliz!  We're all behind ya here!

I loved the years when DS Rob was growing up and I was a free-lancer.  Mostly, I taught at colleges, but from time to time would get a short-term library assignment or a consulting job.  Of course, I couldn't have supported myself that way, but I sure did like the freedom and flexibility.

Thank Ginny.  I think I'm pretty lucky that I'm  in a positon to plan this financially and make sure I'm ok for awhile.  I know the work is out there and I know I can handle being solo. I've done it before. I have learned so much from this job and have gotten established in a new community.  But I've also stayed twice as long as my predecessor - who previously had the record for staying the longest.

I'm also planning to get the new things I need for the house. (like the snowblower) now while I can afford them. Hopefully they won't need to be replaced very soon.

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #119 on: January 13, 2007, 12:42:06 PM »

DR Elmore called me and let me listen to a few snippets (stingy!!) of the Brain CD

Which songs (or parts thereof) did our dear Music Scrooge allow you listen to, MBarnum?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Up