Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: THE FROZEN PIPES  (Read 77683 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re:THE FROZEN PIPES
« Reply #150 on: January 15, 2007, 01:15:50 PM »

One good thing--at least Jake Gyllenhaal has somewhat lessened the stigma of spontaneously breaking out into a rendition of "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going".

...somewhat...

Unfortunately, he probably increased the stigma that all gay men are drag queens.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #151 on: January 15, 2007, 01:18:54 PM »

I, however, saved the GREASE show to watch tonight before prime time TV begins for me.

I did watch the dramatic shows I recorded from last night.

However, I began with the hilarious EXTRAS, Ricky Gervais' very funny and droll British series currently beginning its second series of shows on HBO. Orlando Bloom was a hoot last night bragging about his looks. Hysterical from beginning to end.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #152 on: January 15, 2007, 01:20:17 PM »

Next I watched DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES. There were some funny things at the beginning, but the show quickly took a turn to the serious, and I quite enjoyed all of last night's storylines. Poor Julie learning the truth about Edie's nephew.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #153 on: January 15, 2007, 01:21:00 PM »

I did a little searching on the names and I would not qualify them as Broadway vets either. IMHO, you have several successful  shows under your belt and be RECOGNIZED by your peers as a strong talent.

I disgree on your criteria.

The label "verteran" denotes longevity of service; it is independent of quality, success, or recognition.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Matt H.

« Reply #154 on: January 15, 2007, 01:22:05 PM »

Next, I watched CROSSING JORDAN as Jordan and her family at the morgue worked overtime to try to clear her name of murder in the second half of the cliffhanger from the end of last season. Nice to see a favorite show back on the air.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #155 on: January 15, 2007, 01:23:04 PM »

I don't think that the popularity of reality shows have as much to do with a love of competition as much as it does with voyeurism.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaďs Nin

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #156 on: January 15, 2007, 01:23:29 PM »

Unfortunately, he probably increased the stigma that all gay men are drag queens.**

** I did not mean to imply anything about Mr. Gyllenhaal's sexuality.  I was referring to the whole BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN / gay cowboy idea that SNL was going for at the time.
“One thing’s universal,

Matt H.

« Reply #157 on: January 15, 2007, 01:23:48 PM »

WITHOUT A TRACE had a lesser episode about the disappearance of a champion eater right after he'd earned $5,000 for winning a chili contest. The guilty party was pretty obvious once we got each suspect's backstory. Often, WITHOUT A TRACE is one of the most difficult of the procedurals to guess the identity of the guilty party, but not this week.

Matt H.

« Reply #158 on: January 15, 2007, 01:24:32 PM »

I don't think that the popularity of reality shows have as much to do with a love of competition as much as it does with voyeurism.

I disagree, but that's horse-racing.

Matt H.

« Reply #159 on: January 15, 2007, 01:26:22 PM »

I will scan through the Golden Globes tonight before I log back on, but I won't be doing any fashion commentary since it'll be after the fact (on the East Coast anyway). And, of course, I'll not spoil the revelations of the winners either.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #160 on: January 15, 2007, 01:29:26 PM »

touting Miss Marshall as a Tony Award-winning director (she has never won a directing award, Tony or otherwise..

Well she IS a director - her last two Broadway outings had her Tony nominated as a Director; she is a two-time Tony winner, albeit for choreography. Therefore, to refer to her as a "Tony Award winning director" is technically correct (perhaps a tad disingenous).

der Brucer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #161 on: January 15, 2007, 01:29:34 PM »

One Murphy leaves, and another Murphy joins the fray.  Glad to see my reclusive mother has returned in fine form.  

I very much like "DR Elmo" as a new nickname for you, Lar, but I'm afraid if I start using that, some of my old nicknames might start leaking out (courtesy of my mom...).

Don't ever worry about that, Mr. Poopy Pants.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 01:31:15 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #162 on: January 15, 2007, 01:31:13 PM »

Unfortunately, he probably increased the stigma that all gay men are drag queens.

I can't remember who it was, but I recall a gay radio host often saying that all gay men should dress in drag at least one night a year.  I never agreed with him--I just feel that dressing up as woman is way too much work.  I can barely keep up appearances as is.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaďs Nin

DERBRUCER

« Reply #163 on: January 15, 2007, 01:31:33 PM »

Just the popular ones ;D

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #164 on: January 15, 2007, 01:39:31 PM »

Yes, Russian dressing is high in fat and carbs but it's very good.  It's the Mayo factor.

I could be worse - Ranch has 25% more calories than Russian!

der Brucer

Miss Karen

« Reply #165 on: January 15, 2007, 01:45:43 PM »

TCB ~ Well! I never!  ...Don't forget, his mother is monitoring this site....  How dare you call my child Mr. Poopy Pants!  He was never, ever, called Mr. Poopy Pants (by anyone, until YOU) -- Mr. Poopsey Woopsey, maybe, but never Mr. Poopy Pants. ..

Miss Karen

« Reply #166 on: January 15, 2007, 01:49:50 PM »

I can't remember who it was, but I recall a gay radio host often saying that all gay men should dress in drag at least one night a year.  I never agreed with him--I just feel that dressing up as woman is way too much work.  I can barely keep up appearances as is.

Mr. Man ~ I don't know, that picture of yours (which by the way, you certainly resemble Charlie Brown...are you two related?) with that fancy curl in the middle of your forehead -- looks like it took some work to me to get that hairdo -- natural or perm?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #167 on: January 15, 2007, 01:50:39 PM »

My Closer producer had a friend who was a singer/dancer in the Broadway production of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. She was told she couldn't audition for the Grease thing because she had too much professional experience.

So how can Juliana make it? It doesn't seem fair--I thought the idea was to discover new talent! (Maybe I should just watch the show...)

I believe that both Austin and Juliana were signed to their respective tours as understudys.  Neither had previously appeared on a Broadway stage.  Maybe that it the difference.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #168 on: January 15, 2007, 01:52:07 PM »

jhvw, Glad to see you.  Sorry about the power and heat issues. Hope it's better tomorrow. Bet you've never been so glad to get to work where it's warn

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #169 on: January 15, 2007, 01:52:31 PM »

TCB ~ Well! I never!  ...Don't forget, his mother is monitoring this site....  How dare you call my child Mr. Poopy Pants!  He was never, ever, called Mr. Poopy Pants (by anyone, until YOU) -- Mr. Poopsey Woopsey, maybe, but never Mr. Poopy Pants. ..

Ah-ha!  I knew I could get the truth out of you.
“One thing’s universal,

jhvw

« Reply #170 on: January 15, 2007, 01:55:33 PM »

Kind of an exciting day at work..since there's not much to do graphically and we're short-handed they sent me on a shoot. A church steeple decided it didn't want to sit on top fo the church anymore. I hadn't shot a story in years, it was fun. There were 7 people in the office of the church, the heard cracking for a couple of hours, then bolted when they heard the crash. Nobody was hurt luckily. It was really weird to see though.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #171 on: January 15, 2007, 02:05:45 PM »

I believe that both Austin and Juliana were signed to their respective tours as understudys.  Neither had previously appeared on a Broadway stage.  Maybe that it the difference.

Ah, OK...that makes more sense.

I'm rooting for Kyra Sedgwick tonight!!!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Miss Karen

« Reply #172 on: January 15, 2007, 02:09:34 PM »

Ah-ha!  I knew I could get the truth out of you.
TCB ~ My little bundle of joy?! Why, I couldn't list, and you wouldn't have time to read, all the nicknames and terms of endearment he has been tagged with through the years.  I got a million of 'em!

Miss Karen

« Reply #173 on: January 15, 2007, 02:21:08 PM »

DR Elmo ~ You're on at the same time I am!  A first!!  Better reply quickly, cause I gotta leave here soon....

Cillaliz

« Reply #174 on: January 15, 2007, 02:21:42 PM »

Cool jhvw, well not that the steeple fell, but that you got to go do the shoot.

Miss Karen

« Reply #175 on: January 15, 2007, 02:22:52 PM »

Tap, tap...testing.
Calling DR Elmo!
Are you out there?!
Helloooo!!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #176 on: January 15, 2007, 02:28:13 PM »

TCB ~ My little bundle of joy?! Why, I couldn't list, and you wouldn't have time to read, all the nicknames and terms of endearment he has been tagged with through the years.  I got a million of 'em!

Well, he certainly is adorable, and everyone has raved about his work in BRAIN.  I wish I could have seen it, but I guess (for now) I will have to be content to look forward to hearing the CD.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #177 on: January 15, 2007, 02:28:31 PM »

TOD...
There are so many movies I like, I hate this game....

Of course I'd have to take Sacco and Vanzetti

Cillaliz

« Reply #178 on: January 15, 2007, 02:30:21 PM »

Did I mention it warmed up to a balmy 2 degrees so I went out and shoveled the walk and the pile at the end of the driveway from the road grader.  

Miss Karen

« Reply #179 on: January 15, 2007, 02:32:20 PM »

Well, he certainly is adorable, and everyone has raved about his work in BRAIN.  I wish I could have seen it, but I guess (for now) I will have to be content to look forward to hearing the CD.
TCB ~ Music to a mother's ears -- "adorable" -- much better than what you called him earlier... I'm looking forward to hearing The Brain CD, too!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14   Go Up