Author Topic: TGIS  (Read 61974 times)

FJL

Re:TGIS
« Reply #120 on: January 20, 2007, 12:59:20 PM »

And one firm olive

FJL

« Reply #121 on: January 20, 2007, 01:00:13 PM »

(That's what someone elsewhere said they thought Stritch was saying when they first heard the COMPANY CD)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #122 on: January 20, 2007, 01:02:24 PM »

'Twas once said "The pen is mightier than the sword"!

Hopeful update:

The Ad is mightier than the missile:

•   AP
Jan. 19: A boy looks on at a new McDonald's drive-thru outlet built next to a gas station in Beijing, China.

der Brucer

We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #123 on: January 20, 2007, 01:21:38 PM »

I loved the doggie pictures, DR MBarnum, but Mark and James are also fine male specimens themselves!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #124 on: January 20, 2007, 01:23:21 PM »

With some household chores, fixing and eating lunch, and some very ebjoyable telephone conversations, I only had time to finish LEAVE HER TO HEAVEN. I think the second half of the film looked better in the transfer than moments of the first half that I commented on last night. Much of it was truly beautiful.

Matt H.

« Reply #125 on: January 20, 2007, 01:27:04 PM »

Then, I flipped on the running commentary on LEAVE HER TO HEAVEN thinking it was just going to be Darryl Hickman (who, I was very much impressed with on that TCM Child Star interview program.) Instead, it was Richard Schickel commentating with some Darryl Hickman comments spliced into Schickel's commentary.

Hickman's comments were quite astute and interesting. DUring the course of the film, he commented on the film's director John Stahl being so unhelpful, and then went on to say that George Cukor was his favorite director because he gave so much to the actors. (He also had very positive things to say about John Ford and Elia Kazan as directors and Spencer Tracy and Henry Fonda as very giving actors.)

Matt H.

« Reply #126 on: January 20, 2007, 01:28:53 PM »

When I go back down, I'll finish the commentary and then watch SUPERNATURAL and 30 ROCK that I haven't gotten to yet.

After that, I'll probably watch TERMINATOR 2 on Blu-ray for my movie of the evening. It's long (too long in my opinion) so it will take up a good amount of time to see the whole thing. I don't know if the Blu-ray has any kind of special features on it or not.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #127 on: January 20, 2007, 01:34:57 PM »

Not on topic at all but we watched Peter Jackson's "Heavenly Creatures" tonight.  I've not seen it since it was first out.  It stands up very well indeed.

I have always wanted to see this movie. Especially after learning that I've been reading one of the girl's books. Anne Perry.

Tomovoz

« Reply #128 on: January 20, 2007, 01:47:51 PM »

I wonder if Perry's "friend" Pauline Parker ever went on to write as well.  Time to Google I guess.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #129 on: January 20, 2007, 01:49:01 PM »

I am getting over a very bad cold.  I feel like I hardly went to work at all last week what with the MLK Day holiday, a sick day and leaving early every other day.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #130 on: January 20, 2007, 01:49:34 PM »

But I couldn't miss Kathy Griffin at carnegie hall last night. She was awesome- by far my favorite birthday present.

Cillaliz

« Reply #131 on: January 20, 2007, 01:50:17 PM »

Oy! This cold has me wiped out.  I keep planning to get things done but then stop and think....maybe I ought to sit down.  I am getting laundry done, so that's something.  I went to the grocery store and cashed in a pickle jar full of coins at the bank in the store.  It was only $17. I still have another jar and a half to take in, so we'll see. Anyway, I bought this saline nasal spray and it really took away the pain. No meds just a saline solution.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #132 on: January 20, 2007, 01:51:08 PM »

I needed to do what you did TPunk. Unfortunately, with my schedule I couldn't stay home.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #133 on: January 20, 2007, 01:51:10 PM »

Tonight I'm going out to celebrate my friend's birthday.  He just turned 24. I feel old.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #134 on: January 20, 2007, 01:52:33 PM »

I needed to do what you did TPunk. Unfortunately, with my schedule I couldn't stay home.

I know how you feel. I should have taken more than one day. But we have an audit coming up and I felt that I had to be there if only to get my paperwork squared away.

Cillaliz

« Reply #135 on: January 20, 2007, 01:53:06 PM »

Have a good time, TPunk.  

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #136 on: January 20, 2007, 01:53:18 PM »

Thanks!

Tomovoz

« Reply #137 on: January 20, 2007, 01:56:05 PM »

Tonight I'm going out to celebrate my friend's birthday.  He just turned 24. I feel old.
I'm going out to celebrate a younger friend's 60th birthday today. I FEEL OLD.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Cillaliz

« Reply #138 on: January 20, 2007, 01:59:39 PM »

In April we're going to celebrate my mother's 80th Birthday....I feel very young  ;D

FJL

« Reply #139 on: January 20, 2007, 02:00:58 PM »

Thanks to my cough, I sound old.

Cillaliz

« Reply #140 on: January 20, 2007, 02:02:02 PM »

My runny nose is getting old

François

« Reply #141 on: January 20, 2007, 02:03:05 PM »

Thanks to my cough, I sound old.

Whose nose... I mean... who knows, you may sound odd too! :)

François

« Reply #142 on: January 20, 2007, 02:05:18 PM »

I'm going out to celebrate a younger friend's 60th birthday today. I FEEL OLD.

Older but wiser, bien sûr! (And NOT Budweiser!!)

François

« Reply #143 on: January 20, 2007, 02:07:41 PM »

'Twas once said "The pen is mightier than the sword"!

Hopeful update:

The Ad is mightier than the missile:

•   AP
Jan. 19: A boy looks on at a new McDonald's drive-thru outlet built next to a gas station in Beijing, China.

der Brucer

I don't know, but that McDonald's just look like a gas station to me, and that boy does not seem to need a "fill up" at all!

Matt H.

« Reply #144 on: January 20, 2007, 02:28:28 PM »

A friend is coming over tonight who is curious to see Blu-ray, so I'm holding off watching TERMINATOR 2 until he arrives. Until then, I'll fill in with the TV shows I still have on the DVR and perhaps a regular DVD movie.

WBBL.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #145 on: January 20, 2007, 02:38:58 PM »

Hello I must be going....

I have to run to the JFK Airport to collect those world travelers  WFO and his everloving Joe who are flying in from St Croix...
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #146 on: January 20, 2007, 02:40:29 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~CONTINOUS VIBES FOR MR. MOORE SR THAT HE RECOVER SOON FROM HIS SURGERY~~~~~~~~~~~~ [/move] [/color]
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #147 on: January 20, 2007, 02:53:07 PM »

TOD:
À Nous la Liberté
Mon Oncle
Mr. Hulot's holiday
Céline et Julie vont en bateau
Harry, un ami qui vous veut du bien
À la folie... pas du tout
Le Roi de Coeur
Les Enfants du Paradis
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #148 on: January 20, 2007, 02:56:02 PM »

I'm back from NY, which was great, apart from not getting to see DR Elmore! I even got to see a little snow!

The Tony Shalhoub play, "The Scene" was fun---Patricia Heaton was terrific, too. (I'd worked on two project she did with TNT and wasn't real impressed but I really enjoyed her in this show.)

I talked with Tony afterwards and gave him an update on our film. He said he hadn't seen it yet (we'd sent him a copy as soon as it was done but maybe he didn't get it) so I had one I handed off to him. Hope he likes it!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #149 on: January 20, 2007, 03:01:02 PM »

I got all of my loading of egg cream film tapes done and had some time before my flight last night, so I went down to the Lower East Side Tenement Museum and took a tour. I have never timed my trips to be able to do this---they are often sold out---so I was happy to be able to go on one of their tours.

Then, as research for the egg cream film, I had to go to Eisenberg's on 5th and have my first NY egg cream. I met the owner, Josh, who will be in our film. Apparently, this place had been there since the 20's and threatened to close. Josh was so upset about losing the place that he bought it and runs it now. Great guy!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Up