Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: CRACKED  (Read 84190 times)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
Re:CRACKED
« Reply #120 on: January 24, 2007, 12:55:59 PM »

I hope no one minds if I post another Jeff Richards shot...he really is my dream date...well, except that he was a drunkard and he is dead...

Two major drawbacks even for the most romantically-minded.  :)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #121 on: January 24, 2007, 01:00:18 PM »

I hope no one minds if I post another Jeff Richards shot...he really is my dream date...well, except that he was a drunkard and he is dead...

Picky, picky!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

MBarnum

« Reply #122 on: January 24, 2007, 01:02:15 PM »

I may try contacting them JRand!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #123 on: January 24, 2007, 01:02:28 PM »

Heading down now to read more HARRY POTTER and then start on preparing lunch.

WBBL.

Read HARRY POTTER?  DR MattH, I thought ages ago you told us you weren't reading the books.  Am I imagining things?  Do I need stronger meds? :)
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #124 on: January 24, 2007, 01:03:37 PM »

DR Elmore, your Brain orchestrations are beautiful, witty and fun!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #125 on: January 24, 2007, 01:06:01 PM »

He also had is portrait painted by this gal, and her website has a contact link....she may be able to forward your message to him.

And you can buy the painting for $1400!!   8)

http://www.pattidoolittle.com/kelo%20henderson.htm
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #126 on: January 24, 2007, 01:06:36 PM »

I want to hear THE BRAIN.....I want to see THE BRAIN....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #127 on: January 24, 2007, 01:06:38 PM »

I am awake! Nothing like 13 hours of sleep when one is 18 years old.
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

Adriana Patti

« Reply #128 on: January 24, 2007, 01:07:41 PM »

If you are simply hearing them off the video, you are probably only hearing half the fun...wait for the cd where its all there!
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #129 on: January 24, 2007, 01:15:40 PM »

I see Jose has help elmore set up a music page.  I suppose I should do one for Kritzerland - maybe Jose can help?

And I have one word for elmore - I'll spell it backwards (he'll know what I mean)
ABIT???
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
MEA CULPA!  MEA CULPA!!  MEA MAXIMA CULPA!!!
[/move]
I asked!  I really asked who she was!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #130 on: January 24, 2007, 01:18:50 PM »

Dear Diary,

Today I found out some news that will forever change my life...

:) :) :)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: January 24, 2007, 01:20:57 PM »

DR Elmore, your Brain orchestrations are beautiful, witty and fun!

Aw, shucks!  Thanks.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #132 on: January 24, 2007, 01:23:12 PM »

No, DR Jennifer...Sundance Head had "no" beard.  You're thinking of the guy who did the Johnny Cash song.  With the long hair and the freakish beard.

How could you not remember Sundance Head???????

He did have face hair on his chin. Is that a goatee rather than a beard? At any rate, I thought he was very good, but I find the double standard of judging size between men and women really interesting. Last year when Mandisa came in with that huge voice, Simon liked her voice but couldn't help but make a snarky comment about her size. Sundance Head was equally big yet none of the judges commented on his size.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #133 on: January 24, 2007, 01:25:14 PM »

I didn't read the first three, but friends told me how much got omitted in the movie of GOBLET OF FIRE, so I'm reading them now to know ALL of the story rather than just the highlights. Since ORDER OF THE PHOENIX comes out later this year, I have the time to read it now before the film opens. So, for the first time, I will know the secrets of the book before I see the film.

Matt H.

« Reply #134 on: January 24, 2007, 01:27:32 PM »

DR MBarnum,

You will read NO complaints from me no matter how many pictures of the gorgeous Jeff Richards you want to post. I love him, too.

Adriana Patti

« Reply #135 on: January 24, 2007, 01:29:39 PM »

But be warned, though the UK may sound very tempting:  I normally don't have problems with such things, still even I found some relatively expensive hotel rooms in the UK tiny and claustrophobic.

Very true, because of the way the city is built all the rooms are small, and most hotels hardly have elevators. However, that is the charm. It is quite expensive if you act like a tourist, but if you buy fresh bread from a corner bakery it will last you breakfast 3 days for about 3 dollars (1.5 pounds) and then all one has to worry about is dinner, transportation, and shows! Luckily they have a sort of tkts in their theater district, and the underground is fantastic.
-Thomas Edison

Adriana Patti

« Reply #136 on: January 24, 2007, 01:31:21 PM »

Sucjh a beautiful sunny day outside and I don't feel like leaving my apartment at all! Now thats cracked.
-Thomas Edison

Matt H.

« Reply #137 on: January 24, 2007, 01:31:43 PM »

I began my afternoon finishing THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA. I still find one aspect of the film unsatisfying: I feel her friends and her boy friend didn't support Andy the way they should have. People change as they grow and as they assume the responsibilities of an adult world. She was in a crushingly impossible job with demands made on her at all times. It doesn't matter that they didn't approve. If it's what she felt she needed to do to achieve the ends she was seeking, she should have had their support. Instead, they seemed to judge her negatively because she wasn't what THEY expected her to be FOR THEM. Unfair and selfish, it struck me.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #138 on: January 24, 2007, 01:32:23 PM »

Atlanta Art

Artistic license
New York painter takes on race, religion and society’s hostility to male nudity in Atlanta show

By Ryan Lee
Friday, January 19, 2007

MICHAEL DAVID KNOWS A CREATIVE mind can be dangerous and painful if it is uncontrolled, if instead of channeling or tempering its array of ideas, it is allowed to freely release its ambitious chaos into the world.

The New York-based artist — whose latest provocative exhibit, “Requiem for a Gangster,” opens Jan. 19 at the gay-owned Lowe Gallery in Buckhead — was once the victim of his own mind’s creative excess.

Lowe says that David’s work maintains a shocking edge that still motivates viewers to think about the deeper issues behind the images. The gallery owner says it is out of vogue to present exhibitions just for controversy’s sake, but David’s collection does include several nude photographs and paintings that Lowe considers the most sensitive pieces in the exhibit.

“The images on the cross have a sexual charge that will cause people to feel a little squirmy,” Lowe says of pieces that replace the traditional construct of Jesus on the cross with photos of a crucified nude black man and white woman.

“Even those of us who think of ourselves as being so open and so liberal, when you see anyone else [besides the traditional image of Christ] in that format, it’s a little shocking,” says Lowe, who nonetheless adds that he believes Atlanta art fans “will find it extremely compelling.”

“There’s nothing about the work that is gratuitous,” Lowe says of the exhibit’s pieces, which range from $5,000 to $175,000.

But David is committed to exploring sensitive themes in his work, like what he considers the undercurrent of homophobia that keeps male frontal nudity taboo in our society, even in art.

“How many breasts have we seen in the history of movies and how many penises have we seen? It’s still so taboo,” David says.

That last sentence has the seeds of a good folk song - or maybe a sonnet...How do I love Thee, Let count the ways...

der Brcuer

Matt H.

« Reply #139 on: January 24, 2007, 01:33:20 PM »

I then watched some of the special features on the PRADA DVD. I looked at the gag reel which reveals Anne Hathaway to be something of a klutz. Maybe she just wasn't used to wearing high heels, but she seemed to fall down A LOT in those outtakes.

I also watched some of the deleted scenes, none of which would have added anything major to the film.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #140 on: January 24, 2007, 01:35:01 PM »

Are you sure he didn't have a beard? Not a long one? But i remember a heavy set guy who simon went crazy for.  And he had this really weird beird (it was very small and weirdly shaped).

Ohhh...right.  He did have some facial hair.  
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

« Reply #141 on: January 24, 2007, 01:35:18 PM »

Next, I watched MERRY ANDREW recorded off TCM this morning. Not a great Danny Kaye vehicle, but there were a couple of sprightly Saul Chaplin songs in the score. Nice to see Tommy Rall do some expert dancing and spinning.

Matt H.

« Reply #142 on: January 24, 2007, 01:37:19 PM »

Since I'm enjoying ORDER OF THE PHOENIX so much, I put in the DVD of HARRY POTTER AND THE PRISONER OF AZKABAN since Sirius Black and Lupin are characters in the first part of the book and also in that story as well.

Adriana Patti

« Reply #143 on: January 24, 2007, 01:37:49 PM »

I began my afternoon finishing THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA. I still find one aspect of the film unsatisfying: I feel her friends and her boy friend didn't support Andy the way they should have. People change as they grow and as they assume the responsibilities of an adult world. She was in a crushingly impossible job with demands made on her at all times. It doesn't matter that they didn't approve. If it's what she felt she needed to do to achieve the ends she was seeking, she should have had their support. Instead, they seemed to judge her negatively because she wasn't what THEY expected her to be FOR THEM. Unfair and selfish, it struck me.

Unfortunatly it happens all the time in real life( I should know ). The script writer must have done a good job to effect you that much. What you did not like i found to be the inspirational part, because at the end she did not need them to succeed, just herself.
-Thomas Edison

DERBRUCER

« Reply #144 on: January 24, 2007, 01:40:11 PM »

Sucjh a beautiful sunny day outside and I don't feel like leaving my apartment at all! Now thats cracked.

Well. slip into some of your Condom Couture and go for  stroll.

der Brucer

Miss Karen

« Reply #145 on: January 24, 2007, 01:40:27 PM »

Are you sure he didn't have a beard? Not a long one? But i remember a heavy set guy who simon went crazy for.  And he had this really weird beird (it was very small and weirdly shaped).

Sundance Head had a bizarre box-shaped (kind'a) goatee (bet that's the first thing to go when the AI stylist gets hold of him...) -- so you're thinking of the right guy.  He's also the one whose dad was a singer back in the 50s-60s - they showed a brief clip of Head Sr. singing some rock'n roll song that was a hit (I had never head of him -- think they said his name was Jim Head, but don't quote me on that).

Matt H.

« Reply #146 on: January 24, 2007, 01:41:43 PM »

One more comment about MERRY ANDREW. Betty Wand did a superb voice doubling for Pier Angeli. If I hadn't known it was Wand, I would have sworn it was Angeli doing her own singing.

1958 was very big for Wand at MGM. She also dubbed Leslie Caron in GIGI that year.

Miss Karen

« Reply #147 on: January 24, 2007, 01:43:19 PM »

der Brucer
:o -- you bad!  

Adriana Patti

« Reply #148 on: January 24, 2007, 01:46:46 PM »

der Brucer

LOL that exibit was my mothers idea. We are going to see a showing Peter Pan at UCLA saturday so my mother asked me what was at the Fowler concurrently, and I looked it up, and it happens to be the exibit there.
-Thomas Edison

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #149 on: January 24, 2007, 01:49:00 PM »

I didn't read the first three, but friends told me how much got omitted in the movie of GOBLET OF FIRE, so I'm reading them now to know ALL of the story rather than just the highlights. Since ORDER OF THE PHOENIX comes out later this year, I have the time to read it now before the film opens. So, for the first time, I will know the secrets of the book before I see the film.

I love the books!  Welcome to the club.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Up