Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: LINK SAUSAGES  (Read 69152 times)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
Re:LINK SAUSAGES
« Reply #120 on: January 25, 2007, 10:07:32 AM »

Good Afternoon!

Just taking a break from the boxes for some lunch and "my stories".  ;)

I miss the weekly recaps of the soaps that used to appear in the Philly Inquirer.  I could sort of follow ALL MY CHILDREN without really having to follow it.

I want to know what's happening with Bianca and the transexual rock star.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #121 on: January 25, 2007, 10:09:27 AM »

Page Five Dance:

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #122 on: January 25, 2007, 10:12:30 AM »

In any case...

I took a big step over the past couple of hours...  I broke down  the box - and put it in the recycling bin - of the clock radio I bought at least 10 years ago.  And the box of the hand blender I bought five years ago.  And the box of the computer software...  And so, and so on...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #123 on: January 25, 2007, 10:13:39 AM »

...And now back to "The Young & The Restless". ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #124 on: January 25, 2007, 10:25:59 AM »

Does "Link Sausages" have anything to do with the fact that reality show discovery Austin Miller played Link in the touring production of HAIRSPRAY?  And should there be "Millie Sausages" in honor of reality show discovery Juliana Hansen?

Just a few thoughts between tax research problems and other sundry matters.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #125 on: January 25, 2007, 10:49:08 AM »

A Very Happy Birthday to Juliana Hansen! ;D

« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 10:53:17 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ben

« Reply #126 on: January 25, 2007, 11:00:21 AM »

Oh, my, I had a too productive lunch. Since Anthony is on Long Island right now I made a stop at Academy CDs. 6 CDs later I am back at work about to play some of my finds. I got a CD of Annie Dinerman's music. She wrote Child in Me Again, The Lady Down the Hall and other pieces. We met her at a party and she's very nice.

Annie Dinerman

I got a CD with Miss Gracie Fields. We have lots of GF but there are things on this CD that we don't have, including Christoper Robin Saying His Prayers and Roll Along Prairie Moon. For those of you unfamiliar with the lovely Gracie (affectionately called "Our Gracie" by our British brethren) you can check out some quick facts here:

Gracie Fields

I now have a complete collection of the Capitol Sings series. I actually did have  all 20 thanks to former DR Jay who burned a copy of the Johnny Mercer disc for me. I had 19 of the store bought discs (purchased at various used CD places) and 1 burned by Jay. Well, what was in the vocals bin today but the Johnny Mercer disc. For only $6.00 It's now mine. I will put it with the collection and bring the disc Jay burned for me to the office. I now feel complete  ;)

I found a 2-CD set of Ruth Draper monologues. Yesterday we were talking about Miss Draper over dinner with a friend who had actually met her. She was a family friend and he only knew her as Miss Draper or as Aunt Ruth. Later, when he began his performing career, he found out who she was and her fame as a "monologuist". More information about Miss Draper can be found here or at many other sites:

Ruth Draper

I also have the new PS Classics release Charles Sings Strouse. It's a continuation of the series done by the Library of Congress. Other discs include Irving Sings Berlin, Sammy Sings Fain (two volumes), Cole Sings Porter, Frank Sings Loesser, "Yip" Sings Harburg, and Hugh Sings Martin. There are 7 composers so far.

My final purchase is the original, original cast of Salad Days. I have a copy of the revival cast, thanks to DR Rodzinski, but there it was, the original 1954 cast, just waiting to be picked up and caressed and listened to with fervent attention. Thank you Must Close Saturday Records (in England).

For lunch I had vanilla yougurt mixed with fruit and Grape Nuts.

With that I must get back to work.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 11:27:14 AM by Ben »

Ben

« Reply #127 on: January 25, 2007, 11:10:10 AM »

I almost forgot! Since BK and Mr. Moore were talking backwards and in code, Tom(ofOz) here's something for you:

WG

I think you'll know what I mean.

Also, the North American tour has arrived!

Ginny

« Reply #128 on: January 25, 2007, 11:10:57 AM »

My, goodness, DR Ben, you had quite a lunch hour!  And you reminded me that one of my favorite quick & easy breakfasts at home is Dannon Vanilla Yogurt and Grape Nuts.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #129 on: January 25, 2007, 11:13:39 AM »

This book, due out on April 1, sounds like it could be adapted into a musical.  BK?  Fred & Skip?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #130 on: January 25, 2007, 11:25:46 AM »

Oh For those of you unfamiliar with the lovely Gracie (affectionately called "Our Gracie by our British brethren) you can check out some quick facts here:

Gracie Fields

From 1973-77, I was in the Navy and assigned first to Vicenza, Italy, and -- after a five-month 1975 sojourn in Athens, Greece -- Naples, Italy.  During my "mid-70s Italy years" I visited Capri several times a year.

The first time was in 1974, and I stayed in a quaint little hotel off the main piazza called the "Gatto Nero" (Black Cat).

I walked around Capri quite a bit, and spent many wonderful evening hours sitting in the piazza sipping mineral water and wine.  One of the waiters mentioned to me one evening that the British signora was walking in the piazza and he nodded toward a group of people surrounding a diminutive woman whose features I couldn't quite make out.  I asked him "what about" this British signora and he said she was very "famosa" in "Ingleterre"...and a couple at a nearby table informed me she was Gracie Fields.  I later learned, of course, that Ms. Fields had a lovely villa on Capri and loved to entertain.  

I'm certain I've seen the exterior of the villa, but never again had a sighting of Ms. Fields.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 11:37:47 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: January 25, 2007, 11:38:15 AM »

I almost forgot! Since BK and Mr. Moore were talking backwards and in code, Tom(ofOz) here's something for you:

WG

I think you'll know what I mean.

Also, the North American tour has arrived!

We weren't talking in code!  We just spelled her name backward.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #132 on: January 25, 2007, 11:38:17 AM »

Good Afternoon!

All the boxes are unpacked, and most of the "stuff" has been put away.

Ah, progress.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: January 25, 2007, 11:39:31 AM »

Sometimes moronic press releases amaze me: I just came in and heard the NBC announcer tell viewers that the next broadcast of this moronic and rather(?) tasteless casting session for the imminent GREASE revival will have the auditioners singing for the original Sandy, Olivia Newton John! Does that make Carole Demas the aboriginal Sandy?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #134 on: January 25, 2007, 11:39:52 AM »

And since I need a scarf... And I still haven't used the Gap gift card I got for Christmas...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #135 on: January 25, 2007, 12:06:18 PM »

I edited an episode for "Good Eats" about oatmeal.

The episode name was "Oat Cuisine".
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Cillaliz

« Reply #136 on: January 25, 2007, 12:12:50 PM »

When Keb Mo was in town he said we have the best oatmeal of anywhere he'd been on the road....it was probaby Quaker

Cillaliz

« Reply #137 on: January 25, 2007, 12:13:38 PM »

Either that or he had to REALLY reach for something nice to say...since he keeps coming back to adoring crowds, I don't think that's the case

Cillaliz

« Reply #138 on: January 25, 2007, 12:14:49 PM »

I am working at home this afternoon. Not sure how much work I'll get done. It's the first day I've had where I could do this in over a month, so....I'll get the work done, but it will probably happen later tonight

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #139 on: January 25, 2007, 12:19:17 PM »

I forgot about Mr Cochran playing D. Day's husband in that movie, DR MBARNUM.  Yes, very good.

I saw Ms Laurie Mitchell in a movie on TCM this morning...Lord Love a Duck.

Mollymock!

Cillaliz

« Reply #140 on: January 25, 2007, 12:22:00 PM »

On the way home I stopped at Younkers downtown. They are closing the downtown store so everything is now 50% off lowest price. I got a couple really nice Cuisinart pans for $20 each and a nice Cuisinart 7 Speed Blender with a glass pitcher for about $35. I've been looking for a new blender and this one is great.  My old one is the same one I got in 1981 when I moved into my first apartment.  It was time. Now I'm looking for good smoothie recipes.

Cillaliz

« Reply #141 on: January 25, 2007, 12:23:01 PM »

Better do a little work

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #142 on: January 25, 2007, 12:27:04 PM »

Back from a jog - will go to the mail place to have a little conversation, then I'll start writing.  I've spent the entire morning getting mp3s of a few Brain songs to the web designer.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #143 on: January 25, 2007, 12:29:56 PM »

All the breakfast talk had me lead an expedition to IHOP for lunch where I had breakfast-y lunch including sausage links.

MBarnum

« Reply #144 on: January 25, 2007, 12:30:01 PM »

Actress Liz Renay has died. Quite and interesting lady she was.

(Rodzinski, remeber her in THE NASTY RABBIT!!)

« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 12:31:21 PM by MBarnum »

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #145 on: January 25, 2007, 12:31:06 PM »

Nice purchases, Ben. That original SALAD DAYS was my first exposure to the show via a vinyl copy I paid a dollar for at Footlight.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #146 on: January 25, 2007, 12:32:36 PM »

I don't remember her specifically, MBarnum, but I'm sure she was a zany spy in that.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #147 on: January 25, 2007, 12:33:20 PM »

Yes, the oh, so with it catchphrases are so annoying on every level.  I do love "day one" or "day five"  - it's been around a long time, but I just cringe every time I hear it - I lampoon it whenever and wherever I can.

Mine is: Mise en scène. Usually I find the person who drops this to be rahther pretentious!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

MBarnum

« Reply #148 on: January 25, 2007, 12:35:08 PM »

Also, Jackie Blaisdell, wife to make-up man and monster maker, Paul Blaisdell, also passed away, in Topanga, California. She had been more or less homebound in the last few years due to having been hit by a car while walking to the market back in the late 1990s.

Here she is with her husband and one of their creations fo the movie VOODOO WOMAN.

MBarnum

« Reply #149 on: January 25, 2007, 12:35:40 PM »

I don't remember her specifically, MBarnum, but I'm sure she was a zany spy in that.

Liz was a zany, well stacked spy in that film! LOL!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 12:36:19 PM by MBarnum »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Up