Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: MOOD MUSIC  (Read 108711 times)

Miss Karen

Re:MOOD MUSIC
« Reply #210 on: January 26, 2007, 01:32:13 PM »

Thanks, Matt, you keep posting, too  I fell like BK,  we can't get through these pages quick enough.. come on 8 so I can hit the trail..

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #211 on: January 26, 2007, 01:32:32 PM »

I also looked at the special features on the disc. There's a thirty minute overview of the four films in the set, and there was some good information in this featurette about the directors and some of the other casting. Nicely done.

There was also a restoration comparison to show how much effort had gone into cleaning up these films for DVD release. Impressive comparisons.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Miss Karen

« Reply #212 on: January 26, 2007, 01:33:14 PM »

Ahh, we did it!  Page 8!  Someone else post the page 8 dance cause I'm out of here..

Tomovoz

« Reply #213 on: January 26, 2007, 01:33:38 PM »

I'm fond of the following version of the songs:
Send In The Clowns - Lani Hall
Losing My mind - Michael Ball.
Not a Day Goes By - Carly Simon
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #214 on: January 26, 2007, 01:35:11 PM »

My favourite Chad Mitchell Trio song  "Marvellous Toy"
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

« Reply #215 on: January 26, 2007, 01:35:16 PM »

I finished my afternoon wawtching the first twenty minutes of PRIDE AND PREJUDICE, the latest film version released in 2005. I keep going back to it as a moth to a flame. It's so beautifully done, so romantic, and one of those films one can lose oneself in. I used to read about those people who would go to THE SOUND OF MUSIC dozens and dozens of times who said they lost themselves in the film and couldn't wait to return to it. I kind of feel the same way about this film. I adore the mannerisms of the period, and it's comforting to see such deportment.

It's also a lovely transfer, so it's beautiful to watch as well.

Matt H.

« Reply #216 on: January 26, 2007, 01:36:49 PM »

I'll finish it when I go back down, and then I'll watch last night's SUPERNATURAL after the sun goes down. This show always works better at night.

Tomovoz

« Reply #217 on: January 26, 2007, 01:37:17 PM »

Last night's DVD was "Papillon".  Time has not been kind to it.

Dialogue included "You look swell"......!
Jerry Goldsmith's score does not sit well either.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #218 on: January 26, 2007, 01:40:00 PM »

I did enjoy (a few weeks ago) a French film about "butterflies".  Can't remember the title. Maybe it was just "The butterfly". It was about a young girl and her elderly male neighbour searching for a butterfly.
James Thurber 1957

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #219 on: January 26, 2007, 01:41:41 PM »

Your high-tech world confuses and frightens me...

If you had raised a better pedagogue, he would have explained "how" the little icons get on the page (Course maybe he don't wont Mommy to have any on her posts!)

der Brucer

PS -  To have IM and EMail icons appear on your posts you need to modify your HHW profile to display the data.
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #220 on: January 26, 2007, 01:44:38 PM »

SPOILER: Hamlet

Everyone dies.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #221 on: January 26, 2007, 01:45:10 PM »

I adore the mannerisms of the period, and it's comforting to see such deportment.

I'm sure you elicited such deportment from all attendees in your classroom :D

der Brucer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #222 on: January 26, 2007, 01:45:28 PM »

And the word of the day is: SHIBBOLETH!

I believe we learned that word during Hebrew class for ANNE FRANK.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Tomovoz

« Reply #223 on: January 26, 2007, 01:46:14 PM »

DOBIE GILLIS SPOILER

He marries Zelda.

DP Colin and I went to the Museum of TV & Radio in LA in October - to meet ex DRs Anna, Maria and Panni - and watched an episode of Dobie Gillis.
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #224 on: January 26, 2007, 01:51:06 PM »

Hi all!  I've missed everyone but I've been so busy with working overtime here lately.  The word has gotten out that I know how to use Powerpoint (not that big a deal) and I've been drafted to hellp people with their presentations.  The problem being my old duties haven't stopped.  It's like working two jobs and getting paid for one.

My boss has had to drive me home a couple of times because I've had to miss the bus.

I hope everyone is doing well.  

I'm listenening to Meat Loaf as I type this.  I'm sorry that he is coming to St. Pete but not Tampa.  I have a fear of driving over the bridge at night between St. Pete and Tampa.  There are so many accidents on that thing and I don't see that well at night.  I won't chance it.

Gotta run..

Laters.

Strangely enough, I was eating Meat Loaf while reading this post.  Danise, couldn't you splurge on a cab for one night?  Or better yet, but two tickets and get a coworker from work go with you on the stipulation that they have to drive!
“One thing’s universal,

Jennifer

« Reply #225 on: January 26, 2007, 01:53:11 PM »

Discussion of monday's MEDIUM.

Re MEDIUM - SPOILER question

Anyone have any thoughts on the notion in the episode (voiced by the guy who got chopped up) that the girl would have appreciated that the shy guy was watching the girl for so long and cared so much about her?  I found it creepy, not remotely romantic.

I think in this case it was creepy. Although the girl sort of imply that she would have liked to get to know the guy better. So who knows, maybe she could have liked it.

I guess the fact that the guy really cared for her but was so shy could make some girls like it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #226 on: January 26, 2007, 01:53:17 PM »

Back from various and sundried.

FJL, envelope arrived - thanks!

Tomovoz - DVD arrived - thanks!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #227 on: January 26, 2007, 01:53:46 PM »

Tomovoz - that French film about butterflies sounds up my alley - try to remember the title.

Tomovoz

« Reply #228 on: January 26, 2007, 01:53:48 PM »

Just finished reading page three!  I'll be back later.  Time to turn the water back on for a short while.

DR François has emailed me some "links" that I must check later.  I'm hoping that's it's the address of a plumber from "Tom of Finland".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #229 on: January 26, 2007, 01:56:20 PM »

So, I was at the bank waiting in a longish line to make a deposit.  One of the bank employees asked if anyone had a straight deposit.  I was going to make a joke about that, but instead I raised my hand and went to him.  But instead of going to a computer, he put my checks in an envelope and put them in a drop box inside the bank - before I even had a chance to say no.  He gave me a handwritten receipt and said they do the drop box at the end of the day and that it gets credited as any normal deposit made during the day would.  I get very nervous about that sort of thing and wished I could have stopped him before he deposited my deposit in the drop box.  I'll call tomorrow morning to make sure it got in and credited.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #230 on: January 26, 2007, 01:56:46 PM »

Master arrived and is fine, and the pressing plant lady will be coming over for it shortly.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #231 on: January 26, 2007, 02:02:20 PM »

Everyone dies.

No one left to belt out "I'm Still Here"?

der Brucer

Challenge for FJL - write lyrics for the Hamlet version of the song

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #232 on: January 26, 2007, 02:03:24 PM »

No one left to belt out "I'm Still Here"?

der Brucer

Challenge for FJL - write lyrics for the Hamlet version of the song

Good times
And bum times
I've seen them all
And my dear, I'm still here.

Red velvet one day
One day it's pretzels and beer
And I'm here.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #233 on: January 26, 2007, 02:05:39 PM »

Everyone dies.

Damn!

Even Gertrude?

!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #234 on: January 26, 2007, 02:06:20 PM »

So, I was at the bank waiting in a longish line to make a deposit.  One of the bank employees asked if anyone had a straight deposit.  I was going to make a joke about that, but instead I raised my hand and went to him.  But instead of going to a computer, he put my checks in an envelope and put them in a drop box inside the bank - before I even had a chance to say no.  He gave me a handwritten receipt and said they do the drop box at the end of the day and that it gets credited as any normal deposit made during the day would.  I get very nervous about that sort of thing and wished I could have stopped him before he deposited my deposit in the drop box.  I'll call tomorrow morning to make sure it got in and credited.

I'd accuse you of being a "nervous nellie", but a "nervous nellie" would not have responded to the request for a "straight deposit".

der Brucer (going to my room, now)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #235 on: January 26, 2007, 02:07:35 PM »

...but before I go, my new favorite singer Harbhajan Maan would like to do a pre-page 5 dance while I listen to his CD that came in yesterday's mail...

Something tells me that you could care less what his voice sounds like.
“One thing’s universal,

Danise

« Reply #236 on: January 26, 2007, 02:10:36 PM »

Strangely enough, I was eating Meat Loaf while reading this post.  Danise, couldn't you splurge on a cab for one night?  Or better yet, but two tickets and get a coworker from work go with you on the stipulation that they have to drive!

Hi TCB!

I don't honestly know if a cab would be a good idea or not.  I know it would be at least a hundred dollars (one way) from my house to there.  I could drive part of the way but then there's the "where would I leave Bonnie" question.

No one I know likes Meat Loaf.  And it's a work night.  It's just one of those no win things.  Maybe next time he'll come to Tampa.

I did see him several years ago.  In fact, when I was driving home, I think he waved at me.  The tour bus was driving beside me.  I waved at it and a light came on and several guys with long hair (back when he had long hair) waved back.   :D

Vibes to DR Tomovoz and his pipes!  Same to DR Jose!

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #237 on: January 26, 2007, 02:12:11 PM »

Non stress vibes to DR Elmore.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #238 on: January 26, 2007, 02:13:52 PM »

If you want someone who will bring you the paper without first tearing it apart to remove the sports section

Then get a dog.

If you want someone willing to make a fool of himself simply over the joy of seeing you

Then get a dog.

If you want someone who will eat whatever you put in front of him and never says it's not quite as good as his mother made it ....

Then get a dog.

If you want someone always willing to go out, at any hour, for as long and wherever you want.

Then get a dog.

If you want someone who will never touch the remote, doesn't care about football, and can sit next to you as you watch romantic movies

Then get a dog.

If you want someone who is content to get up on your bed just to warm your feet and whom you can push off if he snores .....

Then get a dog.

If you want someone who never criticizes what you do, doesn't care if you are pretty or ugly, fat or thin, young or old, who acts as if every word you say is especially worthy of listening to, and loves you unconditionally, perpetually

Then get a dog.

But, on the other hand, if you want someone who will never come when you call, ignores you totally when you come home, leaves hair all over the place, walks all over you, runs around all night and only comes home to eat and sleep, and acts as if your entire existence is solely to ensure his happiness.

Then get a cat!

der Brucer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #239 on: January 26, 2007, 02:15:28 PM »

DOBIE GILLIS SPOILER

He marries Zelda.

SPOILER

She turns out to be gay.
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15   Go Up