Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: OTHER FISH TO FRY  (Read 104461 times)

FJL

Re:OTHER FISH TO FRY
« Reply #300 on: February 01, 2007, 05:44:23 PM »

And one for Maltby

FJL

« Reply #301 on: February 01, 2007, 05:44:41 PM »

And what the heck - one for Shire!

FJL

« Reply #302 on: February 01, 2007, 05:47:44 PM »

PARENTAL ADVISORY FOR THIS POST

Re Ugly Betty - Did Vanessa williams' character actually say something about a "duck whacking off" or did she say a "duck quacking off"

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #303 on: February 01, 2007, 05:48:22 PM »

Did you ever KNOW you had a CD, know it with a certainty, yet no matter how hard you look you can't find it anywhere?  This has now happened twice - I'm worried that there's a box in the garage that has some CDs in it.

YES!  It got to the point where I created a list of "missing in action" CDs and DVDs.  "The Stephen Sondheim Album" was on that list...until I was able to get another copy (thank you, BK!), but I still don't know where my original copy is.  Brent Spiner's "Ol' Yellow Eyes Is Back" is also on my list.  I know I never loaned it to anyone, but I can't find it and now it's worth a fortune...a FORTUNE, I tell ya! ;)

« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 05:53:37 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #304 on: February 01, 2007, 05:49:02 PM »

Did you ever KNOW you had a CD, know it with a certainty, yet no matter how hard you look you can't find it anywhere?  This has now happened twice - I'm worried that there's a box in the garage that has some CDs in it.

Yes, I'm absolutely certain that every collection that grows beyond a certain size develops a phantom zone into which at least one CD must disappear.  The frequency isn't the issue...it's the looking for something you know you have that makes the CD enter that zone.

I've often run back to my computer and checked my database to see if I had an entry.  Yes.  There it is.  There's the CD.   But...it's NOT to be found.  

And I don't loan my CDs out....EVER.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #305 on: February 01, 2007, 05:49:11 PM »

Re Ugly Betty - Did Vanessa williams' character actually say something about a "duck whacking off" or did she say a "duck quacking off"

Either way, she got what she deserved.  Tonight's episode is really quite a hoot.  I love this show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #306 on: February 01, 2007, 05:49:53 PM »

And what the heck - one for Shire!

Here! Here!

It's TWO for Shire!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

« Reply #307 on: February 01, 2007, 05:50:39 PM »

Isn't "One of the Good Gays" a song by Maltby & Shire?

:)

But...aren't we ALL good??

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #308 on: February 01, 2007, 05:53:50 PM »

Here's one for you, BK.

I have a 2-CD Laurence Rosenthal issued by Intrada -- "Mussolini: The Untold Story."

That is, I have the CD case.  And I have CD-1.  But where CD-2 might be is a mystery for the ages.

I truly don't believe I ever played it.  That might mean that I got the CD with only one of the 2 CDs inside.  But it has been so long since it was issued -- and sold out -- that there's nothing I can do about it.

I'd like to think I misplaced it...but into what other CD case?  And where would the CD be for that "other CD case"?

Aughghghghghgh!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #309 on: February 01, 2007, 05:54:44 PM »

But...aren't we ALL good??

;D

Have you been impressed by "all" you've known?

George

« Reply #310 on: February 01, 2007, 05:55:05 PM »

I'll watch it tonight with the closed-captioning turned on.  We'll see what that says. :)

George

« Reply #311 on: February 01, 2007, 05:56:04 PM »

Have you been impressed by "all" you've known?

Actually, no...I must admit that I haven't. ::)

;)

George

« Reply #312 on: February 01, 2007, 06:04:14 PM »

Here's one for you, BK.

I have a 2-CD Laurence Rosenthal issued by Intrada -- "Mussolini: The Untold Story."

That is, I have the CD case.  And I have CD-1.  But where CD-2 might be is a mystery for the ages.

I truly don't believe I ever played it.  That might mean that I got the CD with only one of the 2 CDs inside.  But it has been so long since it was issued -- and sold out -- that there's nothing I can do about it.

I'd like to think I misplaced it...but into what other CD case?  And where would the CD be for that "other CD case"?

Aughghghghghgh!

If nothing else (if you haven't already thought about this), you could borrow a copy from a friend or your local library and burn a copy of the disc.  Or if your local library doesn't have it, they might (mind you, I said might) be able to get a copy through Inter-Library Loan (this suggestion comes from your not-so-local library worker...whose library system does not have this recording).  Just a suggestion (if you haven't already thought about this). :)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #313 on: February 01, 2007, 06:11:13 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTFzxKGmfJk

Light the flaming Zero

Thanks, Cillaliz, now I feel in the know!

Thanks also for the package, and the emails with the package contents!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #314 on: February 01, 2007, 06:11:29 PM »

Ron, thanks so much for the artwork!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #315 on: February 01, 2007, 06:19:29 PM »

Good news from the Turner front...I won't have to work in-house. Everyone who works with me on The Closer is very happy, as we were told in no uncertain terms that we would be working at Turner Studios and I had already resigned myself to that. Since I have a lot of friends who work there, I started to think it might be OK, and also decided to give myself a raise. I didn't tell them that before they made their decision.

Now they feel like they did me and the others such a tremendous favor by being the only team not working in-house, that it would be unseemly to ask for more money. Oh well...I will only be 3 miles from work, so I'm happy about that!

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #316 on: February 01, 2007, 06:25:12 PM »

A big fat happy birthday to our very own Dear Reader Kerry!!

And an equally big and fat happy birthday to Mr. Donald Feltham!
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #317 on: February 01, 2007, 06:25:46 PM »

Gazpacho is a dish best served cold.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #318 on: February 01, 2007, 06:40:47 PM »

OPENING NIGHT VIBES TO CASON!!!

Jane

« Reply #319 on: February 01, 2007, 06:48:31 PM »

Cillaliz-Congratulations on justice winning out.  

Goodness, I gagged at the smell of the mimeographed papers.

Jane

« Reply #320 on: February 01, 2007, 06:52:04 PM »

Michael S-Are you hurting less today?  Feel better vibes.

François-Is that cat made out of chocolate?  

Jennifer

« Reply #321 on: February 01, 2007, 06:56:13 PM »

Re: Wednesday night's MEDIUM.

SPOILERS

DR RonP, i have a question re: something you said.  You wrote that oliver's aunt got rid of her dad (he was abusing her) and also got rid of her brother (oliver's dad).   I think you are right.  But after watching the show I did not think the aunt killed oliver's dad (or knew her brother was abusing oliver).  I thought that we saw images/dreams of maggie (the doll) talking to oliver telling him to get rid of his dad.  I had assumed that maggie was actually the mastermind telling the kids to kill their parents.

Also re: duvalis' daughter.  From the promos i thought that alison was actually going to talk to his daughter. And i was sort of disappointed that she didn't do that.  To me that promo was actually sort of misleading.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #322 on: February 01, 2007, 07:02:33 PM »

YES!  It got to the point where I created a list of "missing in action" CDs and DVDs.  "The Stephen Sondheim Album" was on that list...until I was able to get another copy (thank you, BK!), but I still don't know where my original copy is.  Brent Spiner's "Ol' Yellow Eyes Is Back" is also on my list.  I know I never loaned it to anyone, but I can't find it and now it's worth a fortune...a FORTUNE, I tell ya! ;)

Hilarious. It's never the worthless ones you lose.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #323 on: February 01, 2007, 07:06:28 PM »

Thanks MattH. All those guys were super nice to talk to.

George

« Reply #324 on: February 01, 2007, 07:18:44 PM »

Hilarious. It's never the worthless ones you lose.

Ain't it the truth.

George

« Reply #325 on: February 01, 2007, 07:20:43 PM »

And now it's time to leave work.  Off to Costco for blank VHS tapes AND blank DVD-Rs.  I have a coupon for $20 off of a 100-disc tower of blank DVDs.  That's half off!

George

« Reply #326 on: February 01, 2007, 07:21:14 PM »

Now, if only I had a DVD recorder with all the bells and whistles...editing capabilities, and all. ;)

George

« Reply #327 on: February 01, 2007, 07:21:29 PM »

Later!

George

« Reply #328 on: February 01, 2007, 07:21:49 PM »

And one more thing...

George

« Reply #329 on: February 01, 2007, 07:22:00 PM »

...since we're so close...
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up