Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: A DISH BEST SERVED COLD  (Read 154068 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:A DISH BEST SERVED COLD
« Reply #270 on: February 02, 2007, 04:54:09 PM »

WOO HOO!!! I got the call.  The office will be held until July for me with only a one month deposit.  They will paint, fix a couple ceiling tile and either clean or replace the carpet.  Thank you all for the vibes.  

If you didn't guess, it's in the Orpheum building. They built the theater in the center of the building and surrounded it with office space.  It's a perfect space for me. 2 offices and a reception area. It's small, but the rent is too. I am so psyched

Congratulations!  It sounds like a wonderful place. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #271 on: February 02, 2007, 04:55:20 PM »

Woody is regaling himself with Dr. Who (Season Two) out-takes.

They even generated some CGI out-takes.

(Eat yer heart out, George!)

der Brucer

Enjoy!  I ordered a copy a little while ago and will assume that it'll arrive sometime next week...I hope. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #272 on: February 02, 2007, 04:55:56 PM »

DR BEN-I HOPE YOUR BIRTHDAY HAS BEEN AS SPECIAL AS YOU ARE! [/size]

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #273 on: February 02, 2007, 05:02:23 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
Birthday Felicitations to our DRs Ben and the Occasional Iris!
[/move]

Occasional Iris?  Isn't that one of those Merchant / Ivory films?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Danise

« Reply #274 on: February 02, 2007, 05:03:05 PM »

Congrats to DR Cillaliz!  A new office!  Woo and Hoo!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #275 on: February 02, 2007, 05:04:22 PM »

DR Danise, I'm glad you are okay!  I was worried about you and DR Michael Shayne.  I too spoke to our DR vixmom, who's quite busy with work and who sends her love to all of you.  She's enjoying the new job but her hours are quite long.  I told her to buy as second computer so she, Steve, and the vister aren't fighting for time on one.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #276 on: February 02, 2007, 05:06:43 PM »

Great news, Cillaliz!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #277 on: February 02, 2007, 05:07:10 PM »

Good to hear from you, Danise. I was pretty sure that was nowhere near you, but glad you checked in.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Cillaliz

« Reply #278 on: February 02, 2007, 05:33:24 PM »

Thanks for the good wishes. Actually going retro is a very good idea. I'm going to hit the used office furniture stores and see what I can find.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #279 on: February 02, 2007, 05:36:27 PM »

Working in a federal office after 911 will really show you the over reaction.  I had a homeland security guy call me and ask what our plan was in case our office was attached by ballistic missles.  I burst out laughing. I said "Well if it's during working hours I'll probably be dead, so I really don't care what happens " He wasn't amused. So I said "Does your mother know you call people and ask these questions"  He finally started laughing, but he was a strange duck.

On 9/11 (which was very early in the morning in the West) one of my co-workers stayed home.  Nothing wrong with that, a lot of people did.  But my co-worker was out for the rest of the week.  When she came back the next week, she said that after the attacks she was just terrified to be in our building.

Ah, yes, after the World Trade Center and then The Pentagon; the next place I would hit would be the Welfare Office in Tacoma, Washington!
[/size]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #280 on: February 02, 2007, 05:40:59 PM »

Danise, so glad you are ok. I was worried about both you and Michael, but especially you because one of the maps I looked at had a big red arrow that was over your area....

Ginny

« Reply #281 on: February 02, 2007, 05:48:34 PM »

DR Danise - thanks for checking in and letting us know you're OK.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

« Reply #282 on: February 02, 2007, 05:53:01 PM »

Great news, Danise! :D

George

« Reply #283 on: February 02, 2007, 05:53:36 PM »

Hopefully, your area will stay safe for a long time.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #284 on: February 02, 2007, 06:01:03 PM »

Happy birthday Dear Reader Ben!

And happy birthday Occasional Iris!

Congratulations Dear Reader Cillaliz!

And congratulations Dear Reader Cason!

Whew!
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

George

« Reply #285 on: February 02, 2007, 06:04:05 PM »

On 9/11 (which was very early in the morning in the West) one of my co-workers stayed home.  Nothing wrong with that, a lot of people did.  But my co-worker was out for the rest of the week.  When she came back the next week, she said that after the attacks she was just terrified to be in our building.

Ah, yes, after the World Trade Center and then The Pentagon; the next place I would hit would be the Welfare Office in Tacoma, Washington!
[/size]

My sentiments, exactly.  Truly...what was (is) there to be afraid of??

Jane

« Reply #286 on: February 02, 2007, 06:06:40 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY IRIS :)

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #287 on: February 02, 2007, 06:07:04 PM »

I have just finished eating a dish best served cold: ice cream. And before that I had another dish best served cold: gazpacho soup.

One of the preschool teachers today was telling her class was Groundhog Day is all about and they thought she was making it up. They also couldn't pronounce the groundhog's name. I don't think I can either. I think Staten Island Chuck has a better name.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Jane

« Reply #288 on: February 02, 2007, 06:08:59 PM »

Danise, so glad you are ok. I was worried about both you and Michael, but especially you because one of the maps I looked at had a big red arrow that was over your area....

I’m glad I didn’t see your map, mine indicated Danise, Michael & my nephew were all fine.

Jane

« Reply #289 on: February 02, 2007, 06:10:59 PM »

From Cason:
Back from opening night, and I have to say I am a VERY proud papa.  The finished product of my show was light years beyond my wildest expectations.  The transformation from even two days ago (when my parents saw it) is astounding.  It really is amazing what happens when you get an audience in there.  Lots of compliments all around and my heart was about ready to burst out of my chest when I got to talk with my cast afterwards.  Again, thank you for all of the good vibes -- and keep sending them tomorrow and Saturday for each and every one of the one-acts!

:D :D :D Continued good vibes!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #290 on: February 02, 2007, 06:13:02 PM »

Congratulations, Cilla, on acquiring the fancy new digs...and the relief you've long needed.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #291 on: February 02, 2007, 06:13:26 PM »

Home at last.

Home at last.

Thank the almighty

I'm home at last.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #292 on: February 02, 2007, 06:13:54 PM »

Der Brucer is probably still snuffling a bit from "Ghost Whisperer".

Cillaliz

« Reply #293 on: February 02, 2007, 06:14:10 PM »

GOOD VIBES TO CASON!!!!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #294 on: February 02, 2007, 06:15:05 PM »

I am in the throes of my early evening torpor...would love to just drop into bed and snooze.

But I have groceries to put up, food to pull out, and things to start fixin' for my dinner.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #295 on: February 02, 2007, 06:16:14 PM »

My sentiments, exactly.  Truly...what was (is) there to be afraid of??

She might have been afraid of missing that opportunity to get off work with an excuse that no one dared ridicule.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #296 on: February 02, 2007, 06:17:13 PM »

Thanks for the good wishes. Actually going retro is a very good idea. I'm going to hit the used office furniture stores and see what I can find.

Hit some of the regular places like Salvation Army and Good Will, too.

Some folks have some nice office furniture in their homes that they donate when they buy new!

Danise

« Reply #297 on: February 02, 2007, 06:19:06 PM »

I told her to buy as second computer so she, Steve, and the vister aren't fighting for time on one.

I told her the same thing!

Thank you all for the good wishes.  Like I told Vixmom, it's been different with Mom these past months.  By the time I get home, cook supper, feed the dogs, do the dishes, spend some time with Mom, I'm so tired that all I do I turn on the boob tube for a bit of mindless enjoyment then I go to bed.  That's on the nights I don't have laundry or something else to do.  

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Cillaliz

« Reply #298 on: February 02, 2007, 06:19:38 PM »

Congratulations, Cilla, on acquiring the fancy new digs...and the relief you've long needed.

The real relief won't come for a while, but having a place to go and a date I'm leaving makes it real and helps a lot.  Today I also found a mentor in immigration law who is very excited about helping me learn that practice.  He's in Omaha, where the nearest immigration service is located. It's an area of law that no one in Sioux City practices and there is a big need for it. It's something I really think I'll enjoy.

Danise

« Reply #299 on: February 02, 2007, 06:23:40 PM »

Oh, I have to tell you all the news.  You know how some of you get snow days?  Well, we received an email today that our building has MAJOR plumbing problems.  We may not be able to report to work on Monday!

So we're hoping to have the nations first Potty day!  A super bowl of a different sort!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up